- Text Size +
~~~ Flash back ~~~
It was the spring of 1691; Amethyst was a young bride to be a proper English lady. Amethyst so named because of her nearly deep purple colored eyes. Sabrina had taken an instant liking to the young woman. William, still ever diligent and always by her side seemed to like her as well.
“ It’s been a hundred years my sister. Do you even remember how to change one?” He asked sarcastically.
“ Unless you want to spend the rest of your vampire life unable to speak brother dear. I’d shut up.” Sabrina said; her light Irish accent coming threw.
“ I am sorry.” He said looking at the wonderful new prospect.
“ Now I must speak to her alone. I wish to make her ours before the next moon rise.” Sabrina said smiling. She reached up and ran her fingers over the cool, deep blue stone she wore around her neck, her source of power. Sabrina walked over and smiled.
“ Hello my dear, you seem excited about something. May I ask what it is?”
“ Why yes. I am to be married tomorrow afternoon.” Amethyst said with a bright smile.
“ Well that is wonderful child.” Sabrina said. Amethyst looked at her strangely and noted her strange accent.
“ Where are you from stranger?”
“ Ireland originally. But my brother and I moved to England but when he was just a wee child.”
“ Where is he?”
“ He’s the handsome gentlemen standing near the buggy. Giving us ladies some space.” Sabrina said pointing towards Matthew. Matthew knew his cue and reached up and tipped his hat towards them. Amethyst smiled at the gesture and then looked back at Sabrina. She had taken quiet a liking in the blue stone Sabrina wore around her neck.
“ What manor of necklace is that?”
“ Ah this? Tis nothing.” Sabrina said as she ran her fingers over the blue crystal. The stone seemed to almost glow the more she ran her fingers over it.
“ Must be something special.”
“ Aye that it is. My own grandmother gave it to me on her death bed.” Sabrina said. Twas true, her grandmother did give it to her on her deathbed but it was Sabrina that was killing her at the time.
“ How lovely.” Amethyst said touching the stone.
“ What is your name child?”
“ I am Amethyst.” She said politely.
“ So named for your beautiful eyes I suspect.” Sabrina said with a smile.
“ Yes that is true. My father thought it appropriate to name me as such. For a child with nearly purple eyes is rare.”
“ And a special child you must be.”
“ Father fears that I will never marry for most men fear a woman with eyes such as mine.” Amethyst said.
“ But yet you are to be married.”
“ Father has arranged this marriage. I did not pick James nor do I love him.”
“ Seems so unfair that such a beautiful dove as yourself would not find a beau on her own.”
“ How did you ever find one of your own? I see the strange color of your eyes.”
“ You mean the blue of the sky, the silver of the moon and the green of the emerald?”
“ Yes such beautiful eyes and you seem happy with such.”
“ I am but my eyes have never been looked at so closely before.” Sabrina said.
“ What is your name?”
“ I am called Sabrina. He is Matthew. My little brother.”
“ Not so little it seems.” Amethyst said with a smile. Sabrina had to admit Amethyst was right, Matthew stood nearly six-foot and had broad shoulders and a muscular build.
“ He mustn’t be more than twenty-two.”
“ That is correct.”
“ Well I must part company with you. My beau awaits my return and my father will worry for I have been gone to long.” Amethyst said climbing into the waiting buggy and left. Sabrina looked at her brother and walked back over to him, her heals clicking on the cobble stone street.
“ What of the child?”
“ She will be ours by the nights end.” Sabrina said.
“ How so?”
“ Her heart isn’t in a marriage. She will be willing to leave it at any cost. Even our price will seem small if it where to remove her from her damnation.”
“ She’s not happy?”
“ Oh it’s not as she is happy dear brother but she’s being forced to marry a man whom she does not love.”
“ Then I will free her from such a fate.”
“ That you shall.” Sabrina said climbing into the buggy and waited for Matthew to climb in and they were off to find their new playmate. They waited in the shadows beneath the large house. It was poorly light and good for them as Sabrina raised her arms and they lifted off the ground. Both stood outside Amethyst’s bedroom window, watching her as she changed from her riding cloths to her bed cloths. Her soft singing seemed to capture their attention, her voice was like an angel and Sabrina wished to posses such an angel for her own. Waiting for the lantern to be extinguished they both slid into the room without a sound. Sabrina watched Amethyst sleep as Matthew moved closer to the bed. He had to admit she was a beautiful woman. He flicked his tongue out and ran it down her neck. Amethyst moaned in her sleep yet never stirred. Sabrina kept her eyes trained on their prey as Matthew sunk his teeth into her throat. Amethyst’s eyes snapped open as she gasped trying to push Matthew away.
“ Sleep now child.” Sabrina said calmly waving her hand. Amethyst lay still as Matthew pulled away.
“ Bring her all the way Matthew.” Sabrina said, Matthew nodded and slit his wrist and placed it to Amethyst’s mouth. She began to drink hungrily and held on till finally Matthew had to push her away.
“ Now toss her out the window.”
“ What?”
“ Her family must think she killed herself. She will not be harmed. Her body will mend itself.” Sabrina said. Matthew nodded and lifted Amethyst into his arms and stood her near the window. Anyone passing by would just see Amethyst standing in the window, as the darkness shielded anyone’s site of Matthew as he shoved her out the window and she landed with a sickening crack on the cobble stone street below. Sabrina smiled as she heard a woman scream.
“ Welcome to the family my child.” And with that both where gone. Returning the following evening to retrieve their new family member.

~~ End Flash back. ~~

“ Hello my dear.” Sabrina said looking at AJ. AJ’s eyes where wide with confusion as he looked at the woman that now stood before him.
“ What have you done to me?” AJ asked, fear filling his raspy voice.
“ Made you live forever. That youthful face and beautiful voice will never again change.”
“ And if I didn’t want this? What of that?”
“ Then there is still time for you to change your mind. There behind those dark curtains is a window, if you chose not to remain, as you are, you may end your life. If you chose to remain I’ll be waiting downstairs.” Sabrina snapped. AJ looked at her wide-eyed. He wasn’t sure what to think of her, but he did know that he didn’t want to die, not yet. Sabrina walked downstairs and smiled as Nick looked up at her. His child like face and curiosity was fresh and new.
“ Mistress.” He said sitting down near her. She figured that he must have risen before Matthew or he would have been up already.
“ Where is your Master?”
“ Matthew has gone hunting.” Nick said simply, as he began rummaging threw the refrigerator for something to eat.
“ Is this eatable?” He asked holding up a small bottle of blood.
“ Yes it is. You may have it.” She answered watching him take off the cap and drink it’s contents as if it were an every day accurance.
“ Where is AJ?”
“ Alex is deciding his fate.” Sabrina said looking up at Amethyst.
“ Really now? Howie didn’t seem to mind his new life.”
“ He’s not as attached to being mortal as Alex is it seems.”
“ I can not change what has been done.” Howie said coming in behind Amethyst, kissing her neck lightly.
“ That is very true. But of your other friends?”
“ We must speak with them. Change them.” Howie said, his brown eyes seemed to dance with delight.
“ Would you like to do that?”
“ If I may.” He said quietly.
“ If we deem it fit then you may.” She said. Amethyst looked at her friend and then ran her finger over Howie’s cheek. AJ entered the room, his shirt in his hand as he sat down next to Sabrina.
“ I have decided I can’t change what has already been done.”
“ Good choice J.” Howie said getting his friends attention. AJ looked up and shook his head wondering how he had adjusted to the change so well.
“ What of Nick?”
“ He’s one of us. His mind seems more like a child in a way.”
“ That’s Nick for you. Nick do you even understand what’s happened?”
“ I’m a vampire. I’m not stupid Alex.” Nick snapped looking at him.
“ I wasn’t sure if you entirely understood that means no more day time runs. Playing ball with Bri is out.”
“ Not entirely.” Sabrina said with a smile. Her smile sent chills down AJ’s already cold back.
“ How so?”
“ We could make them like us. We’ve already eliminated the one thing that kept Nick human.”
“ That was?”
“ Paris.”
“ Speaking of her. What happened?”
“ She’s dead my son.” Sabrina said with a smile.
“ How?”
“ A little torture and well placed knives.” Amethyst said.
“ She never was one for pain.” Nick said, AJ was surprised it was as if Nick didn’t care what happened to her.
“ D. What do we do now?”
“ We call Brian and Kevin for a meeting. Maybe introduce them to our lovely friends.”