- Text Size +
Chapter 1


Nick sighed as he dropped on to a bad in yet another hotel room. He wished that he could be home right now, sleeping in his own bed. He looked around the room, there wasn't anything unique about this room. He had seen so many at this point, that it was like he had seen everything. Nick let his head fall onto one of the pillows. He closed his eyes, he was even to tired to change. Which wasn't unusual. Since tour rehursals began, Nick had been working his butt off trying to learn the new dance moves. His whole body ached from the stress that came with the job.

Nick turned to his side and grabbed the remote for the television. He turned it on and began to flip the channels, trying to find something that would help him relax. Much to his dismay, he came across nothing. Sighing, he turned off the television and ran his hand through his hair. It was soaked in sweat. Nick let out another sigh when he noticed this.

Now he was going to have to take a shower. He looked towards the bathroom and groaned. There was no way that he was going to be able to get himself out of bed. He was comfortable and was just plainly too tired to get up. Then again, he really needed to take a shower before he started to stink. Groaning, he got up from the bed and walked into the bathroom. He turned the knob, causing the water to start rushing from the shower head.

Maybe a shower wouldn't be so bad after all. It might help to relax his sore muscles, he thought. Soon, steam from the hot water started to fill the bathroom. Nick took a deep breath and began adjusting the temperature of the water so that it wouldn't burn his skin. Finally, he got the water at the right temperature and he stepped in.

After a few minutes, he stepped out. No need in soaking for no reason he told himself. He shut off the water and began to dress. Once in his boxers and sweats, he walked out of the bathroom. He took in his surroundings once again. Not to his surprise, he didn't find anything of interest. He rubbed his sore neck and went to go sit on the bed that he had abonded so that he could shower. Once again, he laid back on the bed, but this time he stared at the celing.

Nothing interesting up there, he told himself. It was too early to go to bed so he just had to find something to do that would help to make the time go faster. He stood up from the bed again and he walked over to the doors that lead to the balcony. Once he was outside, he began to look over the side. The wind felt cool as it blew across his still wet body. It didn't bother him, he just kept looking off the side. It wasn't the best view, but it would do. It was something to look at other than the walls of his room.

Nick turned quickly when he heard someone knocking at his door. He stepped back inside of the hotel, closing the doors to the balcony in the process. He opened the door and saw Brian grining at him.

"What?" Nick asked arching his eye brow.

"Nothing, I just wanted to see what you were up to," Brian answered, the grin dissapearing from his face, "I was kinda bored."

"Yeah same here. There really isn't much to do," Nick reliped, feeling Brians' pain.

"Come on, let's get AJ. Maybe he can come up with something."

"Alright, just let me grab a t-shirt," Nick answered walking over to his bag and pulling out a white t-shrit and pulled it over his head. "Let's go."

"Nothing on tv?" Brian asked as they walked down the hallway towards AJ's room.

"Nope, nothing."

"No games, or anything?"

"Nothing," Nick said again.

"Damn," Brian said, "you would think with all the channels we got, there would be something on."

"Go figure," Nick said with a small smile coming across his face. He was thinking the samething when he was going through the channels.

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH," Nick and Brian turned to face each other with wide eyes. That wasn't the kind of scream that they usually got from fans. This one was filled with fear. The two of them took off in the direction that the scream had come from. When they arrived, they saw a young lady sitting on the floor shaking.

"Honey what's wrong?" Brian asked kneeling down beside her. She looked over at Brian, but didn't say anything. "You're going to have to tell us what's wrong so that we can help you," Brian added.

"In there," she forced out. Brian looked in the direction that she was poiting in. He stood up and walked over towards the door that was slightly opened.

"Brian what are you doing?" Nick asked.

"Checking to see what it was," he answered. The door slowly swung open when Brian lightly pushed it. He gasped. Nick looked at him but didn't know. He wasn't sure if he wanted to see what Brian was looking at.

"Call 911," Brian said seriously.

"I don't have my cell," Nick told him. He stepped back and closed the door. He then knelt down by the young lady again.

"Do you know what happened sweetheart?" Brian asked.

"N....... no," she said, she was shaking violently.

"Why don't you get up?" She shook her head. Whatever it was that was behind the door had caused her to go into a state of shock. "I'm Brian and this is Nick. We just want to get some help. So could you please come with us honey while we call the police." She nodded and Brian helped her stand up. They walked back to Brians room, because it was closer and they went inside. Brian went right over to the phone and dialed 911.

"What's your name?" Nick asked.

"Lisa."

"How old are you Lisa?"

"17."

"Okay, now do you want to tell me what happened?"

"I don't know what happened."

"Who was the guy in the room?" Brian asked after he hung up the phone.

"My boyfriend," she said sheepishly. Brian looked at her and took a deep breath.

"Do you know anything about what happened?" he asked.

"Just that he's dead," she said with her face covered in tears. Nick's heart stopped when he heard that. Good thing he didn't look behind the door.

"Did anyone know that you guys were here?"

"No."

"Well, the police are going to be here in a few minutes. Just relax and calm yourself down alright?" She just nodded and Brian took a deep breath and ran his hands through his hair. Why the hell would this be happening? Neither of the guys knew anything about this girl so they tried to keep from jumping to conclusions. Even though it scared them to know that someone was killed in the hotel. If it happened once, it might be possible for it to happen again. That's the last thing that either of them wanted.

"B-rok, come here for a second," Nick said stepping towards the door.

"We're going to be right back. I'm going to step outside for a second, alright?" Brian said to her. She nodded and Brian went into the hallway right after Nick.

"This isn't making any sence. What the hell is going on?" Nick asked his best friend.

"Nick, I really don't know what this is all about either."

"What exactly did the room look like?" he asked curiously.

"There was blood all over. I don't know what killed him and I wasn't about to walk in and see either. I can understand why she's so upset."

"Don't you think she knows more than she's telling?"

"Why would I think that? I don't even know the girl."

"Come on Brian, her boyfriend ends up dead at a hotel. What do you think they were doing here in the first place?" Nick said looking into Brians eyes, "I bet you, she did it."

"What?!"

"Just hear me out. He and her might have had a date ya know, but he brings her back here and she finds out what he really had in mind. She flips and attacks him. In the process, she kills him by accident."

"Nick what happened to this guy wasn't an accident. From what I saw, who ever did this, really wanted this guy dead and they made sure that he was before he or she left."

"Then how come Lisa wasn't in there to see at least something?"

"Think about this," Brian said, "what if you're right to the point that he had taken her here to uh, ya know, and she got mad at him and left. While she was leaving, she felt bad and went back to apologise but found him dead."

"Then who killed him?" Nick asked.

"How the hell should I know? It wasn't like I was there to see it or anything."

"Alright, go back inside. I'm going to tell security about what happened. Hopefully we can get tighter security around here," Nick told him.

"Okay bro, I'll see you in a few Brian said walking into his room where Lisa was still crying. Nick turned around and quickly walked down the hallway. Thankfully they had decided to put one body guard on their floor for extra protection. When Nick reached the room where he had been told they were staying, he knocked on the door and then a large man appeared at the door way.

"Carlos, someone's been murdered," Nick said. The body guard just looked at him, but said nothing.

"Carter I know you're bored but that doesn't mean that you have to go around pulling these kind of pranks. That's real serious," he said to Nick sternly.

"I'm not kidding. B-rok was there and he saw the body. The guys girlfriend is with Brian right now. They are waiting for the police to come. Just come over there with me and I'll prove it."

"If you're just joking I'm going to kick your ass you know that right?"

"I'm not joking, just come on," Nick said walking down the hallway back to Brians room. They opened the door and Brian was softly talking to Lisa.

"He doesn't believe me," Nick said grabbing Brians attention.

"How could I? You're the one known for practical jokes," Carlos said.

"He's telling the truth. Me and her saw the body," Brian answered, defending Nick.

"What's your name darling?" Carlos asked kneeling down beside her.

"Lisa."

"Tell me about tonight. I want to know everything that you know about what happened. Can you do that for me?"

"I'll try," she said softly, she was still shaking slightly.

"Okay, start at the beginning, what were you guys doing here in the first place?"

"Uhh....," she said softly, blushing, this was obviously a sensitve subject for her to talk about, "we were uh... going to sleep together."

"Alright," he said making no futher comments about what she had said, "what happened when you got into the room?"

"I had forgotten something in the car and I went to go get it. When I got back, he was dead," she said with her eyes showing signs of tears.

"Do you have any idea about who would want to do this?"

"No, he was popular, everyone liked him. He was a really great guy. I loved him."

"Alright," he said and then looked at Brian, "you called the police right?"

"Yeah," he answered. Nick bit his lip to keep himself from saying something that he would regret. He remained quiet as Carlos left the room