- Text Size +
Chapter 14

"Hey Rok," AJ said knocking on the door, "why've you been keeping yourself locked up all day for? I know we agreed to give each other privacy but me and Nick want it." AJ waited but did not recieve an answer.

"Brian," Nick yelled, "let us in."

"I have the key Nick, I'm going to open the door," AJ told him while pulling the key out of his pocket. He put the key to the lock and the door was opened. AJ looked inside and saw that the lights were off and he smiled, "Rok, I know you ain't sleeping," he said turning on the lights, but was stunned when he saw that the bed was empty.

"What the hell," Nick mumbled when he looked around the room.

"What you find?" AJ asked Nick.

"Nothing, but I want to know how the hell he got out of here," Nick commented.

"The window," AJ said gesturing towards the window. Nick glanced over and took in a deep breath. "We have to tell security that he's gone," AJ told Nick.

"I know, lets go," Nick answered following behind AJ to get Jack who had just left for the mens room. Nick and AJ waited until Jack returned to his post and he looked at them and saw the worry in their eyes.

"What's wrong?" he asked quickly.

"Brians gone," AJ answered.

"What do you mean Brian's gone? We had someone at his door all day. There was no way that he could have gotten out without us knowing about it," Jack said.

"He climbed out the window," AJ explained, "it was wide open when me and Nick went in there."

"Why the hell do you think he would do something as stupid as this?" Jack yelled, "He knew that he was supposed to have someone with him at all times! God, if anything happens to him..."

"Jack chill man," Nick interupted, "he probably just went for a walk. We can bust him when he tries to climb back into the room. This has really been stressing him out, he just needed some alone time."

"He knows that taking off like he did isn't safe! Even if there wasn't a killer out there he could be in danger. You know how your fans get when they see you guys!"

"Leave the fans alone, they can't help it," AJ told Jack, "come on. Brian wouldn't have gone too far because he had to have known that me and Nick were going to come back in soon. You know what, he's probably on his way back right now. Lets just go into our room and wait for Brian to come back."

"Fine but if he's not back in ten minutes I'm sending someone out to find him. He can't be out alone, especailly at night," Jack told them. They nodded because they knew that there was a small chance that Brian could be in danger at that moment.

Brian held the back of his head in pain. When he felt something warm on his hand he took it off of his head and pulled it around so that he could see what it was. Blood. That would explain the headach that he had. Slowly, what happened began to come back to him. He remembered going to the park and meeting up with this guy, and then he felt a sharp pain in the back of his head and then he ended up here.

Brian began to sit up but he found it difficult because the blow to his head caused him some slight dizziness. When he was finally able to sit up, he found himself light headed. He closed his eyes in pain. That blow really did some damage. Brian opened his eyes again and began to look around. Where was he? There was hardly any light so he couldn't really make anything out. He didn't even know how long he had been there. Suddenly he thought of the guys, they might be worring about him by now. Brian frantically reached for his cell phone but couldn't find it.

"Looking for this?" the man in the shadows said holding out Brians cell phone. Brian squinted but he couldn't make out any distinct features to whoever this man was.

"Where am I?" Brian asked, knowing that he wouldn't get an answer. The man laughed.

"I see that you're feeling better," he answered, "I'm glad that you finally decided to join me. I've been waiting for you."

"What do you mean?" Brian asked, he wasn't really thinking straight enough to put anything together. The pain was too over powering.

"You'll see," the man answered but made no movement.

"If you're going to keep me here," Brian answered, "at least get me some kind of medical attention. I'm bleeding pretty badly."

"You'll get over it," the man answered, "it's only a little blood. You're a man right so you can handle it. Besides, I'd rather you stay like that for a little while."

"What is it that you want?" Brian asked with his thoughts slowly starting to make sence.

"Both guys that I killed didn't want to die," the man said turning his back to Brian, "The first one even cried. He was on his knees begging me not to kill him. That only made it all that much sweeter. The weakness that people possess, it's amazing. Most people said that they would fight back if they were in that sort of situation, but not him. He was a poor excuse of a man."

"What does any of this have to do with me?" Brian asked.

"Trust me Mr. Littrell, you'll figure that out soon enough," he answered, "you weren't the one that I wanted here. As you know, my first call was intended for Carter. I want you to help me get him here."

"What do you want with Nick? What did he ever do to you?" Brian asked.

"That's none of your concern. Your job is to lead Carter here. If you don't do that willingly, I will be forced to kill you and lead him here to your body. Don't cross me," he told Brian evilly.

"How am I supposed to get him here if I don't know where here is?" Brian asked.

"Leave that up to me Mr. Littrell. Everything will be taken care of. You just have to tell Carter to go where he's told, without security."

"Why so you can do the samething to him that you did to me?"

"No, I have no intention on doing that. I intend on...," he said then stopped, "well, you'll see."

"I swear if you hurt him I'll kill you myself," Brian yelled.

"I highly doubt that Mr. Littrell. Carter has a larger roll in this than you think," the man said turning back to face Brian and then began to walk towards what little light was in the room. Brian looked at him, and tried to get a good mental picture of him. He wasn't much taller than Brian was. Slightly more built, dark hair and dark eyes. Brian would forever be able to identify this man.

"You're lying!" Brian yelled not completely sure what this guy meant, but he knew that whatever it was, was something that could hurt Nick, and everyone that cares about him.

"Am I? Can you really be sure of that? You can never really know a person. You may think that you know everything about them, but then it turns out to be all a lie. Anyone could be behind those lies, even someone that you think you know so well."