- Text Size +
Chapter 2

When the police arrived, Brian took them to the room where the body was still laying lifelessly. One officer stayed with Nick and Lisa and began to question them.

"Alright sir," the female officer said, "what do you know about what happened?"

"Nothing really, me and my friend were walking down the hall to get one of our other friends and we heard her scream and ran to see what happened. Brian, my friend, looked inside of the room that she had pointed to and there was a body inside," Nick answered.

"Okay thank you sir. Ma'am, can you tell me about what you know about what happened?"

"He was my boyfriend. We were staying here and I had forgotten something in my car so I left to get it and when I came back, he was dead so I screamed," she answered.

"Do you know if he had recived any threats of any kind? Or of anyone that might what him dead?"

"No, he wasn't the kind of guy that would make any kind of enemies. He was a really nice guy, he always helped everyone. I don't know why anyone would want to do this."

"Ma'am, there are a lot of reasons. Jealiousy, maybe someone from his past wanted revenge, anything is possible really," the officer told her. Nick looked at her face with began to fill with anger.

"I've known him my whole life, there isn't anyone from his past or anything like that who would want to kill him," Lisa yelled.

"Please ma'am, lower your voice. I only know what you're telling me. We are going to look into this and see what we come up with. Until then, don't leave town," she said walking off to join her partner. Nick looked at Lisa who was crying.

"Relax hon, you're safe," he told her without knowing if it would make her better.

"That's not it, I loved him. Now he's dead," she whispered.

"Kaos," AJ said stepping into the room, "what the hell happened? What's with the police?"

"Someone was murdered," Nick told him.

"Say what?" AJ asked shocked. He then looked over towards Lisa, "who's this?"

"The guys girlfriend. She was the one that found him dead," Nick answered. AJ looked over at Nick but didn't say anything.

"Where's Rok?"

"He's with the police." A long silence fell over them. Brian soon came storming back into the room, startling all of them.

"Yo Rok, what's wrong?" AJ asked grabbing his arm.

"Nothing, everything's great can't you see that?" Brian snapped sarcasticly. AJ looked at Brian shocked, he NEVER flipped out like that, even when he was mad. "AJ, I'm sorry about that."

"Hey it's alright man," AJ said softly, keeping his distance. Brian smiled lightly but made no futher comments. The female officer came into the room not long after that.

"I'd like you guys to give me a call just incase anything comes up," she said handing us each a card, "Ma'am, if you remember anyone that might have a reason to do this, call me and we'll look into it." Lisa just nodded as she took the card and put it into her pocket. "Good night."

"Do you want me to take you home? Brian asked Lisa once the officer had left.

"Yeah," she said quietly.

"Alright," he smiled, "I'll make sure you get home safely."

"Thank you," she said trying to be polite. She stood up and walked out of the room. Brian was quickly heading towards the door as well. Until AJ grabbed his arm.

"Becareful man," AJ warned.

"Come on, I'll be fine. Right there and right back, I promise," Brian assured him. AJ nodded and let go of Brians arm. Brian dissapeared into the hallway immediately upon his release. Nick looked over at AJ to see that he was staring at him.

"What?" Nick asked.

"Nothing, wanna go hang in my room till Rok comes back?" he said.

"Yeah alright," Nick answered walking into the hallway with AJ. They walked into hallway at the exact moment that the body was being taken out. Thankfully it was covered, neither of them wanted to see the damage that was done. They just stood there watching, they couldn't make themselves leave. When the body was finally taken into the elevator and it began it's journey down, was when they were awaken from the trance like state that had fallen over them.

"I still can't believe that this happened," AJ said to Nick who was still staring at the elevator.

"Me either AJ," he answered and turned his attention to AJ.

"What do you think we should do? I mean we can't stay here any more! There is some fucking phsyco in the building, I sure as hell know I ain't stickin' around," AJ stated.

"AJ, I'm not really sure what's going to happen from here. I agree with you cause I want to get my ass out of here as soon as I possibly can. We just have to wait," Nick answered and was greeted by AJ's sigh.

"Okay, lets just go inside alright? I don't think that we should be standing around in the hallways without security," AJ commented.

"Good idea," Nick said. They continued the few steps in their journey that had been stopped when the body was brought through. AJ opened his door slowly, as if he was expecting someone to be in there. Nick just watched the inside of the room closely as the door slowly opened. AJ stuck his head in and looked around. Nothing was out of place. He let out the breath that he had been holding and stepped inside. Nick followed him into the room slowly.

"This is crazy," AJ pointed out, "no one is in here. What the hell am I getting all worked up about?"

"AJ, I'm scared too," Nick told him hoping to help him feel better.

"Do D and Kev know about this?"

"No, you just happened to walk in just as everything was unfolding," Nick told him.

"Come on, lets go talk to them," AJ said walking out of his room and into the direction to where Howie and Kevins rooms were. They arrived at Howies room first. AJ knocked and waited. They waited and waited but there was no answer. So AJ knocked again, but this time much harder.

"What??" Howie said opening the door, "I was sleeping."

"Sorry 'bout that D, but we just wanted to tell you that someone was just killed...," AJ said.

"What?" Howie said, not believing them one bit,"come on guys that's not funny. Where's Brian? Or is he in on this too?"

"Howie, this isn't a joke. Someone is dead. Brian went to take someone home, he'll be back in a few. You have to believe us!" Nick answered.

"You're serious aren't you?"

"Yes D, we are!" AJ said looking into Howies eyes.

"Oh my god," Howie said when the belief overtook him, "who's dead?"

"A guy that none of us know. Me and Bri were going to get AJ but we heard a scream, which was nothing like a fans scream it was much more....... horrorfying. So me and him went to go see what it was and this girl was there. She pointed to a room and Brian looked inside and thats where the body was," Nick answered seriously.

"Damn, does Kevin know yet?"

"No we were just going around to tell you two," AJ replied.

"Okay, I'll go with you," Howie said stepping out of his room. The three of them walked the few feet to Kevins room and AJ knocked. Kevin was quicker with his responce than Howie was.

"What's up guys?" he answered.

"Someone was murdered," AJ said quickly. He looked over at Nick, and then at Howie as if he was trying to decide if this was a joke or not. After a few moments had passed, Kevin had still said nothing.

"I have to hand it to you guys, you really had me going for a minute. How'd you keep AJ from ruining it?" he asked slightly amused.

"Kevin this isn't a god damn joke," AJ exploded, "someone was fucking killed in the hotel!"

"Oh shit, this is serious," Kevin said realizing that, dispite their past of pranks, this was true.

"That's what I've been trying to tell you," AJ said, trying to keep himself calm.

"Where's Brian?" he asked realizing that he wasn't with them.

"Hey went to take someone home," Howie answered.

"Who?"

"The girlfriend of the guy that was killed," Nick told him.

"Why would he do that?" Kevin asked upset.

"Because she was really upset. I don't think she would have been able to drive herself home after what happened," Nick replied.

"How long ago did he leave?"

"Not long," AJ answered, "but he promised that he would go right there and right back."

"Did he take any security with him?"

"No."

"Why the hell not?" Kevins voice boomed, echoing down the hallway.

"Kevin calm down," Nick jumped in, "he's going to be right back. Nothing will happen, don't worry about it."

"Does security at least know about this?" Kevin asked.

"Yeah, we told them already. I figured that they might want to know about that," Nick answered. Kevin looked at him but kept all futher comments to himself. Like most people, he wasn't sure just how to react. This wasn't something that anyone ever thought that they would ever have to worry about perparing for.