- Text Size +
Chapter 20

It had been six months since the murders at the hotel and the attacks on the guys lives. Since then, nothing else had happened. The man who was behind all of this was never caught so Nick was kept under constant security because he had recieved threats on his life, which were taken very seriously considering everything that had gone on.

"Nicky," Howie called as he walked up to Nick who was looking at the stage for their latest world tour, "what's up?"

"Nothing," he answered never taking his eyes off of the stage before him.

"How you feeling?" he asked knowing Nick had been distancing himself from everyone.

"Fine," he lied.

"Nicky come on, you can talk to me. What's on your mind?"

"Nothing. I'm just thinking about the tour. This is the biggest thing that we've ever done. It's going to be completely amazing. I can't wait," he answered, hoping to change the subject.

"It's not that and I know it," Howie informed him, "I can see that you have something more serious on your mind. Come on, you can talk to me man, I want to help you out and so does everyone else. All you have to do is talk to us."

"I got another threat," he answered reluctantly.

"Does Jack know about it?" Howie asked.

"No."

"Well, what exactly was the threat?"

"I," Nick started with tears beginning to roll down his check, "can't do the tour. He's going to get me during one of our shows. He didn't say how, or when but he's going to do it."

"Nothing is going to happen to you. Security has taken every step to make sure that nothing gets in here that isn't supposed to be here. No one is going to be able to sneak anything in here that can hurt you. You are going to be alright."

"Howie, you don't know this guy as well as I do. He is going to be able to do things that we can't even imagine and that was years ago. Who knows what he's capable of doing now?" Nick answered.

"Come on," Howie said, "we have to go tell Jack about this. Maybe he can arrage tighter security or something. I'm sure that they'll do everything that they can to make sure that you are going to be alright. We just have to let them know what's going on." Nick sighed and began to walk towards security with Howie close at his side.

"Jack," Nick said causing Jack to look over at them, he instantly took notice of the worried look on Nicks face.

"What's wrong Carter?" he asked.

"I got another threat. This time he said that he was going to strike during one of the concerts," he answered softly.

"He's not going to be able to get anything in here Carter. Don't worry. We have tightest security for a concert that we can have. The whole crew is constantly moving looking for anything or anyone that looks suspisuois. You don't have to worry about this, because we have everything under control. We thought that he might want to strike at a concert."

"So you already had this looked at?" Howie asked.

"Yeah, we thought that it might only be a matter of time before he decided to strike at a concert. Besides, we have to be prepared for anything at this point. We don't know much about this guy but from what we've seen and heard, he's a sick son of a bitch and I'll be damned if I let him hurt anyone else. Especially on my watch." Just then, a loud explosion came from the stage. They turned to see, the entire set colapsing.

"Shit," Nick said stunned.

"John, get the guys out of here now," Jack yelled and another member of security was quickly at Nick and Howies side. Howie and Nick were told to walk with him. They began to walk away from the stage, Nick never took his eyes off of the damage. Once they were in the hallway, John started banging on the guys dressing room doors.

"Everyone out now!" he yelled. Brian, Kevin and AJ were soon out of their rooms and in the hallway filled with confusion.

"What's wrong?" AJ asked. They had been far enough away that they hadn't heard the small explosion.

"There was a small explosion on the stage. I have to get you guys out of here because we have yet to figure out what caused it," he explained to the stunned members.

"Alright but where's Nick?" AJ asked.

"What do you mean?" John asked puzzled, "he's right...." he stoped when he turned and didn't see Nick standing behind him.

Nick ran towards the back of the venue where the trucks were brought in. That was the only place that he could have gotten in without being noticed since people were walking about freely and no one stopped to ask anyone anything. He looked around but didn't see anyone that was familiar to him. Nor did he see, him. He would have wanted to be the one that did it since Nick had crossed him. That's the kind of guy that he was. He liked to hurt those who didn't follow his every command.

Nick walked until he reached a back room where he found himself alone. Great thinking Nick, he thought to himself. This was a really great place to be in if he decided to show his face and with Nick's luck, that's just what was going to happen. When he thought about it, he wanted it to happen, he wanted him to show his face so that he could make sure that this was ended for sure. Sure enough, Nick was going to have his chance.

"Nickolas," the man said bitterly, "I thought that you had come to your senses and that being with us was the right thing. Why did you have to go and do what you did."

"Because I told you, I don't want any part in this. How hard is that to understand?" Nick yelled, Forcing me isn't going to make me change my mind."

"Please Nickolas, reconsider or I'm going to have to come here and do what I intended to do and I don't want to do that to you. I like you kid, you have a bright future with us."

"One that I don't want!" Nick yelled once again, "can't you just leave me alone? I'm no threat to you in anyway so just leave me the fuck alone."

"You know that I can't do that, Nickolas," he said with his hand moving slowly. Nick took notice and quickly pulled out the gun that he had hidden on him and aimed it at the man before him who was threatening his life.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you," Nick told him, "if I learned anything from you guys was it's what I have to do what I have to do. Right now, if that means killing you, then so be it. Anything to get you out of my life."

"If you kill me, everyone will know that it was you. There will be those who will want revenge."

"No, I don't think so. We're going to do this in a way that's going to put an end to all of this once and for all," Nick said grabbing the older man by his arm with the gun still aimed towards him and began to walk to the supply room. Nick opened the door and pulled out a pen and a note pad. Then he took him outside and looked around to make sure that no one was watching him. He then walked over to his car and made him get in. Nick walked over to the drivers said and looked at him.

"I want you to write a letter saying that you killed yourself," Nick demanded handing him the pen and paper, "You can write anything that you want, I don't give a shit. Just tell them to end all of this and leave me alone." He looked at Nick and began writing.