- Text Size +
Chapter 4

The night was uneasy. Nothing seemed like it should be. That may have been simply because of the murder that had taken place or because the guys really were in some sort of danger. With security on high alert, nothing was going to go wrong, at least that was the impression that everyone was under. This guy had gotten past them before and commited the murder before anyone noticed that anything was wrong. AJ tossed and turned in his bed.

Nightmares filled his mind. He was rendered helpless and could only watch all of the horror unfolding before him. Not even being to even scream, he had to watch as one by one, his best friends were killed. Each murder even more horrorfying than the last. Finally his time came, but he wasn't going to have it. He tried to hard to escape, but failed. AJ shot up from the bed.

He found himself to be covered in sweat. His breathing was labored. When he gathered his composure, he began to tell himself that it was only a dream. He whiped the sweat that was running onto his face with the back of his hand and slowly began to get out of bed. He walked over to the window and opened it. Enjoying the cool air that brushed across his face. Finally, his breathing returned to normal and he was able to think clearly once again.

AJ shut his eyes tightly and took in a deep breath of the cool air. When he opened his eyes, he stepped away from the window. Slowly he began walking away with the look of sheer terorr on his face. He run out of his room and down the hall. Loudly he banged on Brians door. Slowly, Brians door opened and he looked at AJ, puzzled.

"Rok come here," AJ said taking Brians arm and began to pull him towards his room.

"AJ what the hell happened?" Brian asked letting AJ have control over him. When they reached AJ's room, AJ turned to Brian.

"Look out the window," AJ said with no emotion. Brian just looked at him but began to walk towards the window. He stopped half way there and turned his attention to AJ.

"What exactly am I going to be looking at?" Brian asked fearfully. There eyes met though neither of them said anything, Brian walked over to the window and gased when he took in the sight before him. Quickly he turned to AJ, "What the hell happened?"

"I have no idea," AJ answered, "I was having a bad dream and I woke up and went to open the window and looked out and that's what I saw. Scared the shit out of me."

"I'm going to get security," Brian said walking out of the room. AJ was now left alone. He looked around and then quickly decided to met up with Brian.

"Rok," AJ said catching Brian, "wait for me." Brian nodded and they walked down the hallway towards Carlos' room. Brian knocked and instantly Carlos was at the door.

"We have a little problem," Brian said, "come back to AJ's room and you'll see what I mean." He nodded and followed behind the guys as they lead him back to AJ's room. Carlos looked past them and looked through the window. He shut his eyes and then took his radio out of his pocket.

"We have a problem in the south end of the building. Another body," he said. Then he turned his gaze back to Brian and AJ, "Do either of you guys know what happened?" They both shook their heads no and Carlos looked at them understandingly. Moments later security was filing into AJ's room. Carlos directed them towards the window. Two guards than left the room to recover the body.

"Do you think this was suiside?" AJ whispered to Brian. Brian looked over towards AJ. His eyes were filled with confussion and fear.

"The police have been called and they are going to be here in a few minutes," Carlos interupted.

"Do you know what happened?" AJ asked.

"No not yet. I haven't gotten a full report. You guys will know as soon as I know, I promise," Carlos told them, "Brian go back to your room and get some sleep. AJ, we are going to find some place for you to stay."

"How 'bout I just stay with Rok until the morning and I can go back into my room," AJ asked.

"Alright, we can do that. Is that alright with you Brian?"

"Yeah I don't mind. He can stay with me," Brian replied.

"Okay, you guys should head over there now. I'll come get you guys as soon as something is made positive. Just get some rest because it might take awhile."

*The next morning*


Brian walked out of the bathroom to see AJ looking out the window. He seemed to be lost in his thoughts. Brian walked up to him and just looked out the window with him.

"So what's out there?" Brian asked softly.

"Nothing, thankfully. What's going to happen now?"

"I have no idea." AJ nodded and soon the room was filled with the sound of someone knocking. Brian walked over to the door and opened it. Carlos came in and told Brian and AJ to take a seat on the couch. After a few moments of silence, Carlos began to speak.

"That was another murder last night. It looked as if it were suiside when you looked out the window. That was my initial thought too. If you see someone hanging from a tree, you generally think that it was the persons doing. When the two guards came up after you guys came here, they told me that the guy had been beaten and stabbed several times. Then he was hung from the tree," he explained.

"Do you guys know who it was?" Brian asked softly.

"No, we're still trying to figure that out. He didn't have a wallet or any ID on him. We assume that he was staying in the hotel. That would explain what he was doing here. So far, no one staying here as suddenly dissapeared. It's still early though and we are keeping an eye on that possibility. So all we do is wait until someone is reported missing and the police can get someone to identify the body."

"What if he wasn't staying here?" AJ asked.

"Then we have to start looking at missing person reports and see if the guy we have fits the description of anyone that is missing. Then we get someone to look at the body and either confirm or deny that this is the body of the person they are looking for."

"What happens if you guys don't figure out who it is? What's going to happen then?" Brian asked.

"Bri, I don't really know. Truthfully, I'm learning just like you guys are. I'm usually just security and thats all. The police have asked us to work with them because we are in the hotel and we've been finding the bodies. They think that if they have someone in the place where the murders have been taking place. They want us to, obviously, report any activity that seems suspisious, or any person as well. Since they can't have any of their men here at all times, it helps to have us around."

"So that means we aren't chaning hotels?" AJ asked, disapointed.

"No, we have to stay here. I know that sounds like bullshit but you guys have to. My job is to protect you guys and I want to get you out of here as much as you want to you out of here. All security has been ordered to stay here and we can't let you guys stay at another hotel without," he answered softly, "Now, the other guys don't know about this murder yet and I know they are going to freak out when we tell them. I also know that it's going to piss them off to know that we have to stay so if you guys have any problems telling them about it, you tell them to come to me and I'll straighten them out."

"I don't think there is going to be any problem," Brian said to him.

"Didn't expect any, but just incase alright?" he said walking out of the room. Brian looked over at AJ and AJ quickly turned his attention to Brian.

"Wanna break the good news to them?" Brian asked sarcasticlly.

"May as well. Let's go," AJ said standing up from the couch and walking towards the door. Brian joined AJ in the hallway and they began their jounery to the rooms of the other guys. First, they arrived at Nicks door. They knocked and a half-sleeping Nick answered the door.

"Hey koas, you look like hell, but we need to talk to you," AJ greeted.

"Can't it wait? I was finally getting some sleep," Nick told him.

"There was another murder," Brian said suddenly. Nicks eyes opened widely, in shock.

"What? Another one? Who was it this time? When the hell are we getting out of here?" Nick shouted his questions.

"They don't know who the victim is. They are waiting to see if it was anyone who was staying at the hotel. And about getting out of here, ain't happening," Brian answered.

"What!" yelled Nick.

"The police want our security to help them to keep an eye on this place. That means we can't go any where 'cause we need them to look out for us, and besides, like Carlos told me and AJ, he doesn't want us going and staying some place else when there is some killer on the lose," Brian answered calmly.

"So these are random murders like I thought!" Nick pointed out.

"We don't know that yet Nick. We have to wait and see if these two guys had any connections to the first guy who was killed," AJ said knowing where Nick was going to take this if he didn't have a reasonable explaination as to why these weren't random murders.

"Come on AJ, you know as well as I do that these two murders are be connected! I mean think about it this way, they were both killed at the hotel....," Nick started but was interupted by Brian.

"How did you know that the second guy was killed here?" Brian asked. Neither of them had told him that the body was found hanging from a tree outside of AJ's window.

"I just....," he began, "I heard you get security last night. I kept waking up during the night and I heard you guys. I didn't want to go out there because I didn't want to see it." Brian nodded and let out a silent sigh of relief. For a moment he thought that Nick knew more than he was telling. Worse, that he might have even been involved.