- Text Size +

*Author's note: Since this was a short chapter I decided to add a little note here. I would like to thank all the people that are reviewing my story. Is good to see that someone is enjoying it. And of course special thanks to Mare and Mersey, you rock ladies! *



I went to the main room just to find everyone there, including Nicky. Great he is going to yell at me in front of everybody.

“Guys I need to talk with you. It’s time for everyone to know everything.” That’s not what I was expecting.

“Kevin, are you sure? I mean, they could find us.”

“They already have.” Kevin answered. Is that fear what I see in Howie’s eyes?

“Who can find us, guys?” I said taking a seat next to Brian.

“Guys, there’s a reason why Howie and I didn’t tell you everything before. If someone should be mad with us is Brian. It was just easier that way.” Kevin bit his lips. “Brian” he added looking at Rok “We didn’t want you having to lie to Nicky and Alex, we knew how much you hated the last time when I released your powers before theirs. That’s why we kept you in the dark about this. Nicky and Alex simply couldn’t know it until they were in full control of their powers. The information I’m about to share with you could be dangerous for us if you don’t have complete control over your powers. But now we can’t wait anymore.” He kept silence for a minute. “Man. I don’t know how to say this.”

For some reason I’m waiting for my chair to fly.

“There’re no words to explain this so you will have to find everything the way Howie and I did.”

I had this strange feeling in my stomach the minute Kevin took out the little blue pyramid from one of his pockets.

“I want you to touch this.”

“I’ve touched that thing many times and nothing happened. What is it any way?”

Kevin placed the pyramid on the table.

“You will know in a minute. I want you three to touch it at the same time.”

“Why?” I asked

“Just do it guys. You will understand everything the minute you touch it.”

I saw Nicky and Brian about to touch the pyramid and I just followed them. There are no words for describing what I saw and what I felt. It was like being suck into a dream. Everything went dark first, and then I saw too many images and experienced too many feelings. I saw the first Alomegas that went to Earth, I saw generations of humans and Alomegas living in peace and I saw wars too. I saw my mother, I saw my childhood, I saw what happened on Earth after we left, what happened to my family, and I saw what I assumed could be the future, or at least images of a possible future. I even saw my father, or at least something in me told me I had seen him. He was just a blurry image but it caused me pain. Everything lasted just a few minutes but it felt like hours. I opened my eyes - I didn’t even remember closing them - to find myself in front of my brothers. There were tears in Brian’s and Nick’s eyes and when I touched my face I confirmed that I had cried too. I looked to Kevin and remembered the first day I saw that little pyramid. He and Howie had been crying that day. Did they see the same things? God, did they see our parents dying before it happened?

“Is that…” I tried to speak but the words wouldn’t leave my mouth.

“Take your time guys. I know it's too much information at once,” Kevin said in a low voice.

“Is that the future?” Nick asked, his voice trembling.

“It could be. But the future keeps changing guys. That’s what summarizes everything. We are here to change things. Some of the things I saw the first time I touched the pyramid never happened.”

“How? Why?” I know I didn’t make sense but for some reason Kevin understood what I was asking.

“You could call it a prophecy, some people would call it a legend. Check the bottom of the pyramid” he said.

Brian took the pyramid and I looked at it over his shoulder. I had seen that print on the bottom before but I couldn’t understand what it was then. Now it was like all those lines and points were English because they finally made sense to me. Nick was at my other side now and he read it aloud “And the five will bring back the blue skies”.

“I guess you already know we kind of lied to you. We are not like our parents.”

“We are more powerful” I said, although I still couldn’t understand where all that knowledge was coming from.

“Yes. They had powers but not to the extent we have them.”

“And that prophecy…”

“A story told from generation to generation among Alomegas descendents. Five men who will save the human race.” Howie murmured.

“Alomegas and humans always had a deep relationship. But a group of humans and Tracons got together and tried to control the Universe. They used the Calaras to cover themselves. In the eyes of everybody the Calaras forces were the ones attacking human planets but, as we got to know during the war, there was a human alliance with the Calaras. Humans betraying humans, and that’s how they won the war.

“We already knew that,” Brian replied

“Yes, but nobody knew that alliance included Tracons. Well, the majority of humans didn’t even know about the existence of the Tracons, like they didn’t know about the Alomegas. But there was a group who knew, those that betrayed their own race. Humans and Tracons killing other humans and killing Alomegas. In that search for power the Earth was destroyed.”

“What about the rebels?” Rok asked.

“Howie and I knew about the prophecy. Someday we would be fighting against the Empire. We just thought the rebel force would be a good place to start.”

“Are there any other Alomegas there?” Nick asked in a whisper.

“In all these years we haven’t met a single one” Howie told us.

We remained in silence for a while.

“What about what you said before,” I said to Kevin. “About Nick and I not being in complete control of our powers.”

“The Tracons know about the legend. They want the powers of the five, our powers, and they are looking for us. Some humans from the Empire are looking for us too. We can avoid humans but we can’t avoid the Tracons. They have powers too.”

“Telepathy?”

“Yes. The Tracons can read your mind. We have met Tracons before. Howie and I have been able to hide the truth from them but I wasn’t sure you guys could do the same.”

“And why are you telling us now? As you said, we don’t have complete control over our powers yet.”

“Because they have already found us.”

“How do you know it?”

“Your friend Jeff is one of them.”

What? There was a deathly silence and I felt everyone was looking at me.

----
Copyright ©2004
All Rights Reserved
No part of this story may be copied or reprinted without the author's permission.