- Text Size +
“Chronicles of the Eclipses”

**~His Line of Duty~**

A.J. steps over the splintered wood from the thrown chairs in the café as he leads the way out of the place. Looking back at the two women and Nick, he sighs reaching the grated elevator.

Nick blows out a rush of air, wearily gazing around the dimly lit cement hallway. “So ummm…J, what do you think will happen to us?”

A.J. shrugs, “Got no clue man.” They all turn at the sound of a rifle clicking into place as a tall broad shoulder dark skinned man approached them.

“Where do you think you’re all going? After all that mess you did back there, you didn’t think you could all just walk away from it now do you?” The man growls out: his extremely pearly white teeth shone and stood out apart from the rest of him.

“Well I was kinda hoping yeah.” A.J. retorts sarcastically, leaning against the wall behind him.

The guard snorts and cocks his head to the side: “You ordered to see Vin now.”

Nick gulps: “No, wait…hold on now. You saw what happened back there. We were just defending ourselves.”

The guard snorts, locking eyes on the two women. “I meant, the two women.”

Arianna raises her eyebrows at him, gazing back at Coral who shakes her head.

“Ummm…look I know what we did back there was extreme but…” Coral pauses as the guard raises his rifle at her.

“I don’t wanna hear it. Save it for the boss.” The man states, his dark eyes tracing over Coral’s figure.

Arianna rolls her eyes, biting back a nasty remark as she straightens up. She could feel a trail of her blood roll down her neck from the wound in her cheek. Wiping it away with a brush of her fingers, she gazes at the guard. “So we’re to follow you. What about the guys?” She indicts to A.J. and Nick.

“They are not the ones asked to be seen. They can go back to their rooms for now until further directions will be ordered out.” The guard frowns, holding the strapped rifle across his chest.

A.J. drops his head and turns to see the elevator shaft arrive. Pulling on the black gated door, he steps into the elevator along with Nick who shifts his eyes to Coral.

“I’m, I’m sorry that had to happen back there.” He whispers out to her.

Coral with her back turned to him, facing the guard: “It’s alright. It wasn’t your fault.” And she follows the guard leading her down the hallway.

Arianna turns back to A.J. and smiles sadly: “If you don’t hear from me later on, just dial 1-888-Sexygirl, I’ll pick up.” She jokes, waving bye to the two men, catching up to Coral and the guard down the hallway.

“Great. This is wonderful.” A.J. snorts, closing the black gate so the elevator platform can raise taking them to their floor.

“Ummm…A.J. you don’t think those girls are in deep trouble that they had to see the leader now do ya?” Nick asks gently, slumping against the metal wall of the elevator.

“They might be. The leader asked to see them its for some serious thing then.”

“But they’re innocent right?” Nick blurts out.

A.J. smirks: “I thought you didn’t like Connie.”

“She kinda grew on me. Plus she’s really nice and stuff.” Nick licks his lips as A.J. chuckles.

“Right man, whatever you say.” A.J. grins, watching the floors pass them through the grated gated elevator door.
~*~

Brian sighs, carrying a few boxes into a completely silver tiled metal room, placing them quietly in the floor. He straightens up, squinting at the harsh yellow florescent lights beaming down on him from above. Grumbling under his breath, he pulls out of the one of boxes, a rope noose and a blade. ‘Wonderful, the guy gotta hang a person and kill him.’ His thoughts racing through his mind as he pulls on a large step ladder to the center of the room.

Ascending slowly, he reaches the sixth step and extends his arms to the ceiling. Touching the blank ceiling with his fingertips, he gulps pinning the rope quickly to it before looking back down. He didn’t realize how high up he was on the ladder and he began panicking. “Its ok…I can go back down the steps.” He whispers to himself, gripping tightly to the step above him. Feeling faint, he closes his eyes as his breathing begins to increase. Heaving, he gulps and gazes up at the ceiling, feeling his legs wobble on the ladder step. “God, no not now. I can’t freak out now.” He hated being so far up, the fear of heights never left him and now more than ever he wished he wasn’t so terrified of it. The silver metal floor meters below him, taunt him, glimmering under the harsh lights coming from above.

His eyes scroll above him as the strong lights almost blind him for a moment, causing him to gasp and wobble on the step. Gripping on the edge of the metal ladder, he shuts his eyes tightly, slowly extending his foot down to the next step. He doesn’t feel the next step coming down as he squints from the strong lights coming down on him. Gasping, he tries to look down but to his dismay sees that his foot was hanging off the side of the ladder rather than the step. He tries to adjust himself but the ladder shakes violently under the sudden movement.

Brian frowns, “This isn’t gonna end good.” As a wash of fear clambered his chest. He feels faint and before he knew what was happening, he blacks out.
~*~

Kevin leads Howie down the dark hallway, their footsteps echo in the shadows of the place. Kevin shines his flashlight down the hallway as they slowly make their way down the place.

“What do I have to do?” Howie whispers softly, crashing into Kevin’s back accidentally.

Kevin smirks, taking Howie by the arm, guiding the man down another vast hallway. “There’s some stairwells down this side. You’ll get directions shortly from the leader.”

Howie simply nods: “I have to kill don’t I?”

“Yes.” He curtly responds.

“Why?”

“Because it shows off the concept of blood brothers. Rather than sharing one owns blood with each other, you share the killing of people, the blood from them creating a mutual bond with the entire Eclipses.”

“That is sick. Who came up with that idea?”

Kevin gazes at him and smiles: “I did.”

“What?!”

Kevin sighs, reaching a stairwell, shining the golden orb of light in front of him: “That was the better option, normally before that rule, the initiation was to kill off a innocent person outside this place and cold blood. It could be anyone: A mother, a child, a policeman. Whatever was assigned for the person to take out. At least this way now, the people that suffer are those within the own gang.”

“Killing each other…that’s a concept.” Howie murmurs out, touching the cold black railing going down the stairs behind Kevin.

“It’s better this and what was ruled before. I helped save tons of lives out there. If that concept never came through, who knows, I might have killed off my own mother by forced if that was way it was designed.”

“But you wouldn’t do it.” Howie whispers, clambering down the stairs.

“No, you’re right. I wouldn’t. But I be dead as well.” Kevin whispers, guiding them down another stairwell. They quickly go down, reaching another hallway with poor dimming lights.

“Since you were captured after yesterday’s own initiation day, you’re will be a smaller one. Only the leader and few guards will there to witness your blood pact with the group.”

“And will you be there?” Howie retorts.

“Doubt it. Depends on how Vin feels.” Kevin glumly states, opening a door to his left side. They step in to find Brian barely conscious crumpled on the floor before them.

“Damn, that had to hurt.” Kevin mutters out, going over to see the condition of the man.
~*~

He clears his throat as the door swings open. Smiling, he gazes upon the two beauties that entered his office. Kicking up his feet on the top of his desk, his eyes capture both shots of the women, each unique in their own way. His eyes lingered over the brunette longer than he thought as he hears the guard clearing his throat.

“Yes Quentin?” Vincent responds, “What is it?”

“Do you want to be left alone with the women?” The guard asks kindly.

“Yes please. I can handle this myself. I’ll call you when I’m ready. You’re excused to go now.”

“Yes sir. Thank you.” Quentin nods, heavily stepping out of the room, shutting the office door behind him.

Vincent smiles: taking his legs off the desk as he leans and claps his hands together on the desk. “Where do I even begin…?”

Arianna snorts: “You can start by saying hello. Rudeness is shown through one’s actions.”

Coral smirks at her partner’s comment as she pokes her in the ribs with her elbow.

“Quite a mouth for a little girl.” Vincent’s deep bass voice radiates the room.

“I was trained to be open and speak what’s on my mind.” Arianna smirks, crossing her arms across her chest.

“Well yes, I can see that.” He casts a cold stare at the flaxen beauty. “Why don’t you both take a seat, relax your minds so we can talk.”

Coral rolls her eyes: “I prefer standing up. If you want to tell us something if would be imperative you just tell us now.”

“My, my. Aren’t you two the rudest little girls I’ve seen yet. Is this the kind of women left out there in this society? No wonder the men just slept around with your type.”

Coral gasps, anger flooding into her from the comment as Arianna smirks, ignoring the man all together.

“There is a reason we are the way we are. I personally can’t stand a pathetic man and that’s all I’ve been seeing lately. Maybe you should tell your men how to act around women cause that little display back there at the café goes to show none of them have any matters.” Arianna calmly states, delicately taking a seat as she tugs on her torn halter top, grumbling something incoherent.

Vincent smirks, glancing over to Coral: “And do you have anything else to add to that?”

Coral smirks, taking the other seat besides Arianna: “Nope, she pretty much said it all.”

Vincent leans on the desk, eying the women cautiously. “Perhaps you know why I called you here correct?”

“Gee…let’s see… could it be what just happened at the café?” Arianna smirks.

Vincent nods: “It could be, though your attitude could be another reason now.”

“Yeah well. I don’t limit my self to anyone. Even if you are the leader.” Arianna gazes at the handsome toned man.

Vincent gazes over at Coral: “Maybe I should talk to you. You seem more complement than your friend here.”

Coral glances over at her and smiles. “Maybe I am.”

“Yeah well. Here’s the thing. What you girls just did is completely against the rules of this. I don’t know where you both came from, nor do I care. But from what I’ve seen in there with the killings, you both know how to defend yourselves pretty well. So here’s my offer. You two will be working for me.” Vincent stares boldly at the women.

Arianna raises her eyebrows, smirking at Coral

Coral clears her throat: “Ummmm… what do you mean working for you?”

“This gang is an all male gang. I started this gang for a main reason, no women. You women distract us in many ways and jobs become to weak and unfiltered. I wanted something solid that the men would have no excuse of. Sooo…after much consideration, I want to take you two under my wings. Your fighting tactics impressed me greatly back there. You’re lucky one of the guys I talked with mentioned a good option for your reason to live. If you can manage to prove yourself on a delivery I have to make, then I’ll take you in. If not, I don’t mind killing two pretty victims. I have no conscious.” Vincent manically smiles.

“Well that’s always comforting.” Arianna fakes a smile, biting back a few harsh words.

“You said delivery…what do we have to do?” Coral whispers.

Vincent laughs, clapping his hands: “That’s the attitude I’m looking for. But before we can begin I’ll need to know your names.”

Arianna flips a golden strand behind her shoulder, “Ana.”

Coral slumps back in her seat, clicking her tongue: “Connie.”

“Well girls. Hopefully if you do this delivery right, you might live and be part of this group. You’ll both be undercover. I can’t have the other men know that I actually bothered taking in women. This would cause chaos in the entire system. So you will need to change out of those clothes you’re wearing.” Vincent states.

Coral sighs, “Easier said then done. This is the only thing we have, unless you want us to do a delivery naked?”

“Now you’re turning into a little cocky son of a…” Vincent stops, smirking. “I have some outfits you can wear during the delivery. You will be watched at all times and even recorded.” Vincent smirks, snapping his fingers loudly to two guards standing outside of the office. They enter and nod their heads, each grabbing one of the women over to a closet with military clothes hung in. The guards each pull out a pair of green and black military pants and tank top, small enough to fit the women comfortably.

Arianna yawns, sighing, whispering in Coral’s ear: “See we’re gonna get in. Hehe.”

Coral gulps: “But we had to kill get in.”

“No. We defended ourselves, cause no one there would have helped us anyway.” Arianna reminds her partner.

Sighing, Coral takes the attire thrown at her and heads to the bathroom that was indicted for them to change.

“The less you both show, the more serious you’ll be taken in my world.” Vincent booms out as the guards exit the office.

Arianna grumbles under her breath as she enters the bathroom behind Coral. “This’ll be fun.” They head over to a poorly drained white porcelain sink, washing the remnants of blood that smeared their faces from the recent wounds.

“Tell me about it.” Coral murmurs, sliding the black dress off and stepping into military pants. Sliding an army tank top over her head, she wraps her dark hair up, pinning it as she places a cap over her head. “Well do I like more manly now?”

Arianna smirks, wrapping her golden locks up as she shoves a cap over her head, slipping on an army tank top and taking off her mini-skirt to put on the military pants. “Yeah all we’re missing now is a nice piece of meat hanging between our legs to make it official.”

Choking on a laugh, Coral bowls over laughing: “Oh God…shhhh…”

A knock on the door was heard as Vincent’s voice breaks the mood: “I left some footwear outside of the room. You have thirty seconds left, so get ready to come out.”

“Great, he’s rushing us now.” Coral murmurs as they gather their clothes and exit the room.
~*~

Vincent paces the floor: a gleeful smirk remained on his face as he eyes the women. “If this is to work, all you both have to do is deliver this package right here.” He hands Coral a wrapped medium size rectangular shaped cardboard box, fixing the written address on it.

“What’s in it?” Arianna asks, gazes over at the package.

“Something.” The man smirks, pulling out two tiny wires attached with a metal vocal box the size of a raison. “Now both of you will be wired up. Don’t think I was gonna let you off this easy. I need to know what is being said at all times. When you’re dropped off at the location destined, you are to simply walk to the entrance where a guard will be located. Simply tell the man ‘Pan’ and he’ll let you in. Take the package to the room directed and given to you and leave it at the foot of an oak door found straight in front of you. Then you are to knock on the door four times, once on each corner of the door. When that is done, a password will be asked: tell them ‘Lucky’s fate’ and walk away. Leave the place and meet me back here once you completed the task. That should all be done by the end of this hour in time for me to concentrate on an initiation about to take place.” Vincent smirks, ushering the women out of his office immediately.

The women were quickly led by the two guards to a black unmarked van.

“Wait for your driver. He’s on his way.” One of the guard’s mentions: waiting aside in the underground parking lot that was close to destruction in its poor condition.

Arianna rubs her wounded cheek, wincing at the cut on her cheek. “So we’re miked, testing…testing…are we on or what?”

Coral eyes her, raising her eyebrows as they slump against the side of the van, gazing at the package.

“What the hell could be in there?” Arianna whispers out.

“Looks like either drugs or weapons.”

“Whoa, what if it’s that Pandora stuff?”

“You don’t think that could be now could you?” Coral whispers out, watching A.J. being dragged out against his orders towards the van.

The women gaze over at him as he is lead to the van not noticing the women at first. The guards slide open the side the van: quickly telling the women to board. Arianna sighs: leaping up on the small ledge to board the van as Coral quickly follows behind. Once the women were in the van, the side door is quickly slid closed and locked behind them.

Coral gazes around the dark interior of the vehicle, the overwhelming odor of dried blood and aesthetics filled the atmosphere as Arianna gags and begins to cough. Blindly they find a seat installed in the van as they plop down, sitting and waiting.

“God, this place smells like complete…” Arianna stops mid-sentence to see the driver’s side door fling open as A.J. boards the vehicle.

Cursing under his breath, A.J. slides into the seat, turning the ignition on as the passenger side door opens.

The women watch curiously as Nick is shoved into the seat by one of the guards:

“What the hell man?! Chill man.” Nick hisses out, closing the door behind him as he leans in the seat.

“A.J. what the hell is going on?” Nick grumbles out

“Ha, that’s what I’ve trying to figure out. Seems that bastard Vin wants us to drop off some guys to do some delivering.” A.J. cracks his neck, sighing.

“Well where are they?” Nick rummages through the dash board, pulling out a flashlight and lighting it behind them.

Smiling: Arianna waves at the golden light shining on her as Nick drops the flashlight gasping.

“What…what?” Nick whispers out as A.J. annoyed, starts the van up and gazes back in the darkness.

“They’re that ugly looking Nick.” He jokes as Nick nervously picks up the flashlight shining it on the women again.

“Uhhhh, A.J. I think you might wanna take a look at this.” Nick smirks as A.J. turns around in shock.

“Girls?”

“Oh yeah, hi.” Coral smiles: waving at him as Arianna waves at back at them.

A.J. glances back at Nick, raising his eyebrows before gazing back at the women: “Ok, you better explain…and explain now.”
~**~

**~To Be Continued…~**