- Text Size +
“Chronicles of the Eclipses”

**~“What do we have to fear by fear itself?”-Unknown

**~Surreal Actions~**

Kevin leans down, sitting an unconscious Brian up. “Wake up.”

Howie glances around the harsh bright room, his eyes trained on the man on the ground. A guard enters the premises armed with a rifle.

“What’s the problem?” The guard asks, leaning down to examine.

“He just passed out. He’ll be ok.” Kevin mutters out, passing a hand across Brian’s forehead.

The guard nods, adjusting his arsenal: “Very well. The place is set up, I’ll go get the boss shortly so we’ll begin the initiation.” And he exits quickly, rushing down the dark hallway.

Howie sighs, gazing up at the rope hanging on the ceiling: “What exactly do I have to do for the initiation?”

Kevin exhales, shaking his head: “Depends on what the boss is up too. Though by the looks of it, you might have to show your bond by killing the victim that will be hanging off the rope.”

Howie gulps, shaking his head: “This is ridiculous! I can’t do that! I’m not going to kill another person! Especially an innocent one!”

Kevin stands up, taking the man by the elbow: “You know the deal behind here. Once you enter this place, it’s another rule and another life. We follow that man or we die. It’s just that simple. And I’m certain that I want to live so this is why I’m still standing here before you. If I wanted to, I would have turn myself in, leaving this place. But the more I think about it, the more I put the people I care for in danger. Howie, you don’t think I want to leave this place as much you do? Everyday I fall asleep hoping that maybe I fell into a coma and imagined this all but when I wake up and see the blood shed, I know I fell into a death I can never get out of.”

Howie gulps, kneeling down, shocked too say anything else about the topic. “I’m gonna get you out of here, if it’s the last thing I do. No one deserves to be captured and forced to do things. No one has the right to withheld freedom from another human being.”

Kevin snorts, rolling his eyes in annoyance as Brian’s eyes fluttered open.

“Welcome back.” Kevin smirks.

Brian smiles: “Glad to be back.” He slowly sits up, touching his head.

“What happened to you?” Howie whispers out.

“I fainted I think. I was up on the ladder and the heights got to me I guess.” Brian winces touching his head. “Man my head hurts like mofo.”

Howie chuckles gently, easing his way over to the man: “Well just be glad you’re ok.”

“You had me worried for a sec.” Kevin smiles, standing up from the floor.

“Sorry. I’ll try not to pass out from my fear of heights next time.” Brian murmurs sarcastically, rubbing the back of his head gingerly.

A group of soldiers enter the room shortly after as the walls of the room begin to expand suddenly. Howie gasps, backing up bumping into Kevin as he does. The walls expand greatly as it begins protruding iron spikes emerging from the wall crevices.

“What the hell…” Howie whispers out in shock, watching the room completely transformed before him as if a magic show.

Brian gulps knowing shortly a victim will be showed to the ropes.

Howie gasps, turning back to Kevin who simply nods his head:

“So…it begins.”
~*~

“Uhhh well…where to begin? Ummm…remember when the guy wanted to see us?” Coral being slowly, gathering her ideas.

Nick smirks, “Yeah, I was just gonna ask you about that.” He buckles his seatbelt as A.J. presses his foot on the pedal, lunching the van down the vacant country road.

Arianna settles back in the seat as A.J. smirks, glancing into the rear view window.

“So let me get this straight. You girls are off to deliver something for what?” A.J. raises his dark eyebrows, curiosity egging him on.

“Look, we ummm…we made a deal your boss Vincent.” Coral states, gazing at the wrapped package in her hands.

“Oh ok…and that would be what? Why does he want to deliver things? I mean it’s not like your working for him…” Nick trails off as the notion of the idea settles into his thoughts. He snaps his head back at the two women, shining the flashlight on them.

A.J. smiles, nodding his head: “Bingo! Nicky you just hit something! Girls what are you trying to do huh?”

“Look, just get us to the place, everything will explain itself ok?” Arianna responds nasally, covering her nose at the odorous foul stench within the van.

Coral smirks at her partner as she gently breaths through her mouth, the smell hitting her strongly.

Nick sniffs the air and begins coughing, waving his hands before him: “Damn, the hell is that smell man?”

A.J. makes a disgusted face, glancing back at the women as he slow down in front of a run down apartment complex. “Maybe it’s them.” He points behind to the woman, a smirk sprawled on his face.

Arianna sucks her teeth: “Just when I thought we were getting along, You had to ruin it didn’t you?”

“Yeah, it all can’t be cookies and milk.” A.J. smiles, parking the van across the entrance of a the building.

“Hmmmm....man I haven’t had that for the longest.” Nick whispers out, getting a few awkward glances from the others. “Oh please, like ya weren’t thinking that?”

“Ummm…no. No we weren’t.” Coral smirks, opening the side door.

Arianna giggles, quietly getting off behind Coral, both women heading to the entrance to the building. Coral checks around the area as they find a guard.

“Crap which word is it that we say? Is Pan or Lucky’s fate first?” Arianna grumbles, scratching the side of her head.

Coral smirks: “I thought you were listening to him.”

“Yeah I fake that too sometimes.” Arianna grins, glancing around, stepping towards the guard.

Coral withholds her laughter as she nervously stops before the armed man. “Ummm hi. We’re here to drop something off.”

“What’s the word?” The man growls out, his rotten teeth break through his wretched smile.

Arianna clutches her stomach whispering: “Come on food. Stay in…stay in the tummy.”

Coral gulps, glancing at her partner and back at the man, “Right, ummm…its…its…”

“Man!” Arianna grins as the guard raises his rifle to her head.

Coral smirks: “Ummmm…pan?”

The soldier lowers his gun, glancing at Arianna curiously before turning his attention to Coral. “Keep to your left and drop it off. You’re gonna need a password when you drop that off so you better know it cause you’re being watched.”

Arianna grins, saluting the man: “Ai Ai Captain. Will do.”

The guard gazes at the fair headed woman in confusion, shaking his head as he steps to the side to allow the women to walk. Coral take Arianna by the arm, hurrying pass him to enter the rotting arch doorway.

Giggling softly, Coral looks back at Arianna: “What was that out there?”

“Dude! Did you see his teeth? Damn…talk about wicked. Imagine the lady that has to kiss those lips.” She shivers while they walk down the directed hallway.

Coral smiles: “Somehow you manage to find the good through all this.”

“You have too. Otherwise it starts getting to you.” Arianna gently whispers, seeing a rather large oak wood door as described to them.

“Oh that’s it.” Coral smiles, running ahead of Arianna as she trips, sending the cardboard package sailing through the air slamming onto the base of the door.

Arianna grins and slides as if she was in a baseball game: “And she’s safe!” She cups her mouth making a sound of a crowd cheering her on.

Coral gazes up at Arianna laughing painfully as she drags her arms close to her, her knees hitting the floor. “Owww and you’re so high.”

“Ain’t nothing wrong with being high if it feels good.” Arianna teases, knocking once on each corner of the door.

Coral steadily gets up with the help of Arianna as they stand and wait around.

A throaty harsh voice breaks the silences as it echoes out “Password.”

“Uhhh…Plucky’s gate? No wait that’s not it…Ducky’s date?” Arianna mumbles. “Damn I know it’s around there somewhere.”

Coral quickly responds out: “Lucky’s fate!”

“Yeah, yeah that’s it!” Arianna snaps her fingers. “I guess I should listen more when being talked to.”

The voice garbles out something incoherent as Coral quickly places the package at the foot of the door, backing away. “Guess that’s it. Let’s go. I don’t wanna see what’s behind that door”

“Yeah, let’s get the hell out of here. This place sucks and it stinks like a fish’s crotch.” Arianna murmurs, racing back to the van to head back to the gang.
~*~

Vincent smiles, walking down the arena spanned out, the wretched howls of those suffering lingered far off in the background like a sweet symphony to his ears. He stands before the new man Howie and snaps his fingers to bring attention to him.

Howie gulps, straightening up, his dark eyes locked on with Vincent.

“Hello and welcome. In order to prove your allegiance to us, you must perform this task thoroughly with the assigned weapon of my choice.” Vincent smirks, watching the room slowly get filled up with the members of the gang.

Kevin sighs, watching the events unfold alongside Brian who was already clutching his stomach at the imagery of the violence about to be unleashed.

“Now I don’t know what you know about this initiation, but I like to see that you aren’t afraid of taking a life when called on. After all, it’s your life against the other person’s.” Vincent smiles: snapping his fingers to give a cue to bring out the unsuspecting suspect.

Howie watches a draped man covered in a black bag over his face being dragged up an erecting rising stairwell that is elevating from the ground. All eyes watch the guard holding the victim tightly in his grip, grabbing the loop of the robe and placing it around the victim’s neck.

Howie gulps, his breathing racing while his hands begins to shake in fear. He glances to see Vincent approach him with an ax.

“I personally love the prospect of death. It fascinates me to a point that is beyond words.” Vincent breaths out, taking in a wisp of warm air that clouded the atmosphere today.

“Well you can’t love it until you die to know the feeling.” Howie boldly states hearing a few snickers behind from some gang members.

Vincent raises his eyebrows: “Little boy don’t waste your time or breath on me. I want to see if you can live up to your strong words. Take this ax and give me the head of that victim.” He sneers, pointing the man standing on a high elevated platform.

Howie shakes his head, gasping in horror as Vincent grins:

“Oh come now, all that talk and you can’t kill one measly man?” Vincent hands him the ax, shoving his brutally towards the stairwells. “I suggest you hurry before he is pushed off and dies by the rope.” He breaks into an eerie laugh as Howie trembles ascending up the broken wooden stairs. Taking one step at time, the steps moan and groan in pain with the added weight. As he was about to take another step, the staircase begins creaking, slowly breaking as it begins to shake.

“Oh God.” He breaths out, crawling up the stairs, reaching the top platform before the stairs gave way and collapsed. He could sense all eyes on him as he walks pass the guard holding the victim. Suddenly the guard snickers, pushing the victim off the ledge of the wooden platform before Howie could reach him. Immediately, Howie leaps on the rope, swinging along it as the man begins to convulse and thrash against the tight rope suffocating him. Gulping, Howie looks up at the ceiling, whispering out a small prayer before sending the metal sharp ax across the man’s neck. Holding on the victim’s clothed satin black bag, he watches the spewing bloody body fall to the ground heavily, spattering its internal contents across the dusty ground.

He gasps, closing his eyes as he clutches the clothed head in one hand, while he gripped the rope with the other hand, his legs wrapped around the swinging rope.

Brian no longer holding back, keels over regurgitating the contents of his last meal as Kevin looks away, watching the rope lower down enough for Howie to safely jump off and bring the clothed head over the leader.

Vincent sneers, snatching the head from the man’s head. Glancing at him, he scoffs: “Quite the show you put on there for all of us.”

Howie guiltily gazes down to the ground, his hands shaking terribly from the recent horrid act. He looks up in time to see Arianna and Coral gaze at him in utter shock and horror as they stand in front of a group of men to his right side.

Howie nervously licks his lips, silently pleading to Arianna that he was sorry for what he did.

Arianna turns her head away, brushing past the group of men behind, disappearing from his view. Coral exhales deeply, shaking her head disappointedly at his task.

Vincent looks up and smiles, patting the man on his back: “Congratulations Howie. Welcome to the Eclipses.”

“Right…thanks.” He whispers out sadly, watching Coral disappear into the group of men behind Arianna. Part of him was glad that the women managed to find a way to be with the gang, but the other part of him was unsure for they were the only two women in the entire group of men witnessing the initiation. How was that possible? How would Vincent allow women, let alone strangers to view this…unless there was something more he wasn’t informed of. Whatever the case…he has to find out.

He gazes down at his own bloody murderous hands sensing shock and horror on the act he just committed. Sure he was trained in the field of killing people but never did he ever have to pull a trigger, let alone brutally take a person’s life away like the way he just did. He didn’t know what came over him when he was told to take that person’s life. Perhaps fear claimed him and he followed it, allowing it to kill off the man who’s face remained a mystery to him beneath that black silk veil. And for that, he was grateful. He couldn’t imagine killing a person seeing their face locked in an expression of horror as he executed them. Sighing, he was surrounded and greeted by his new ‘brothers’ in the clan. But he didn’t feel all this was worth it. ‘I knew I should have thought of another plan.’ He thinks to himself, regretting the idea of becoming part of the world’s most dangerous gang.
~*~

-May 16th, 2003. 11:38 PM *Rented Room’s bathroom* ‘Second Day’

-I fear for my safety…

Already it has been one day and I am staying at a comfortable homely little room given to me by the leader himself Vincent. I manage to break into the group and now under secrecy have won the heart of the leader over along with my partner. It seems that after the whole commotion I had with the man I was staying over, he seemed to suddenly lost his memory on ever meeting me at the club. Perhaps he claims he was drunk so he wouldn’t seem so weak or fragile before me. Or maybe he really was out of it which would explain the reason he was so quickly open to me about his thoughts of the gang.

Today has been a day unlike any other: in a matter of less then 24 hours, I saw death, perversion, drugs, illegal tactics and more weapons than I can ever imagine. And among that, hatred. A rather irking hatred from the men in the gang that sends shivers down the very soul of my spine. Today started off like any other day, I woke up alone in the bed as the man I am staying with was already in the bathroom. We later tagged along with his friend who was also at the club the first time I saw him: a rather sensual man who tugged at me curiously from the beginning along with my partner. We headed to a secret deep underground café that seemed look more like a prison kitchen than anything else. I stepped into that room feeling out of place immediately knowing that being a woman was going to bring along a feeling of insecurity and fear. The entire breakfast hall was filled with men and some few stray women that also must have been picked up for some purpose or another.

Everything was fine until we were about to exit the café. A man reached out to touch on my partner, threatening her to do what he wanted. Rufus was the man’s name before we killed him…

Being in the department I am I only had to kill twice in my entire life. Once was for a safety of the family, the husband threatened to kill off his wife and children along with himself if my company didn’t release him from the case. And the other was now, for my own safety along with my partner’s.

I was thrown to the floor of that café as men surrounded us, eager to drop on us like flies on food. I was dragged back by a man as Nick came to my rescue. He managed to pull the man away me, throwing him onto chair to batter him with another chair in his arms. But I beat him to it. I killed the man, shoved a piece a stake from a broken chair straight into the man’s abdomen. I have wound near my temple which brought along incredible. As close as I was to passing out, I along with the help of my partner recovered enough to go after Rufus.

I don’t know what got into me today, but I did the only thing I could to protect myself. I sliced the man’s throat with a knife. My partner in rage stabbed him repeatedly in the chest until he dropped dead. My only thought was we were going to die because of this and sure enough as we left the place a guard instructed my partner and I to talk to the leader in his office. Come to find out, Vincent was impressed with our fighting and offered us a deal.

A deal that would be sufficient enough us to work along side the gang. I don’t know for sure what the leader will think of us being the only two women in the gang. But at the time being we are in. We had to deliver a package in which I believe was a substance of drug. Possibly even the forbidden drug ‘Pandora’s Box’. But if we are now in, it would mean to start investigating deeper.

The other partner of mine’s made it into the gang. We walked right on time to see him decapitate a veiled man during his so called initiation. It was sickening to say the least and it shook all us to see the type of death he committed on an innocent victim.

The day is over for now. Tomorrow only God know what it will bring. I only hope to survive long enough to stop this gang once and for all. Too many lived depend on it.

Codename: Connie signing off for now.
~*~
Howie gazes at the whirling ceiling fan swirl above quickly, bringing in some fresh air down on him. He shuffles around in bed to accommodate himself more, letting out a deep sigh. Things have been edgy for him since the killing done in the initiation. Arianna was keeping her distance all evening as he tried to talk and explain to her what happened, but she was too in shock to deal hearing from him. Maybe it was too much for her to see. In fact, he believed it was too much for him to deal with.

He licks his lips, blinking away a speckle of dust that filtered into his eye as his thoughts wonder. Who was that man Arianna was with? Thoughts fluttered into his head, sure he wasn’t the jealous type but with the way the men act, they could get any woman they wanted just by looks alone. He wiggles his foot on the bed, gazing at the fan as he recalls the brief encounter he had with Arianna before coming to the rented room he was resting at now:

‘How could you do that?’ She had whispered to him, tears streaming down her eyes.

‘It was my initiation. I didn’t have a choice. It was that or I be the one dead.’

‘We’re on a case! The fact you killed an innocent victim isn’t helping our case out at all.’ She had growled out, clamping her hands tightly around the edges her military top.

‘I’m sorry. But you know we have to do whatever it takes to get deep into the gang. And what are you so pissed off about? You don’t hear me saying anything about that guy that’s practically hanging all over you.’

‘How dare you?! He was the one that got me in here. I manage to gain his trust and you think I’m sleeping around with the man? Well you know what…think whatever the hell you wanna think. I’m not gonna try to prove my innocence when you know me better than that.’ She had growled out at him, spotting A.J. down the hallway afew yards away from them. She walked away purposely knowing Howie was looking, wrapped her arm around A.J.’s waist as they walk down the hallway disappearing from his view.

Howie sighs, sitting up in the hard stiff bed that was supplied in the room until further notice. Now he had to deal with his first task with the other recent new comers. He along with the other two three men were to deliver and sell a new toxic drug called ‘Electric’ The words alone told how the drug would work with a simple snort up the nose to a sprinkle on the tongue that would as its called send one to liven up. A distance cousin of Ecstasy, this little yellow powder was enough to cause quite a rabid outbreak for it. Tomorrow will be the day he would go sell it, but tonight for tonight, he will rest or at least try to get some rest.
~**~

**~To Be Continued…~**