- Text Size +
“Chronicles of The Eclipses”

“What do we have to fear but fear itself?” –Former president Theodore Roosevelt

**~Lunar Turbulence~**

He steps disgusted, wiping his hands down the seam of his dirty jeans. The pile of covered bodies neatly stacked up on one another creating more than ten sets of bodies and limbs gathered.

Scanning the others, he wipes a bloody hand across his forehead, tired and restless after the entire ordeal. The place was let spotless leaving the walls and floor almost sparkling in gleam.

“Just glad that’s over with.” Brian whispers out, plopping down on the cement bricked platform they were all resting on.

Nick nods, wiping his hands in disgust onto the hems of his jeans. “The smell of blood is starting to get to me. Can we go now?”

“Yeah.” Kevin climbs up the small steps to the others, sighing. “We’re about to head out. We finished quicker than I thought so we got some time before we’re picked up.”

“Why can’t we just leave here?” A.J. yawns, pulling off the latex gloves, flinging them into an open plastic body bag.

“Cause the others need to make sure the job was done right or we’ll have to stay here longer to get it right.” Kevin grumbles, exhaling slowly as he kneels down and gazes at the body bags all filled up behind him.

Howie shivers at the thought and events of today, as it slowly replays itself in his memory. A.J. grins, leaning near him from where he was sitting at: “You know if he wasn’t here to stop it, I would have hit you.”

Frowning, Howie glances at A.J., narrowing his eyebrows: “Oh really? I would have liked to see you try.”

“Hehe, don’t tempt me.” A.J. whispers gladly, sitting up with a smirk scrolled across his face.

Brian yawns, stretching his arms over heard, when he hears the sound of something shuffling near by him. Curiosity getting to him: he sees a silhouette in a dark corner of the sacrificial place and moves closer to examine it. The poor dimming lights did nothing to reassure him as he steps down the three cement steps away from the platform.

“Brian where you going?” Kevin calls out as Brian seemed drawn to the figure. “I’m just checking something out. I think I saw a person over here.”

“What? No, it’s just us. It’s probably a rat or something. Forget it and relax over here.” Kevin fiddles with the zipper of a body bag, pushing the bag away from him.

Brian raises his hand, “In a minute, let me see what’s over there.”

Nick smirks: “Dude, just leave it alone. There isn’t anything over there.”

“Yeah listen to blondie: Brian, your eyes are messing with you.” A.J. calls out as Howie watches Brian curiously.

Brian reaches a corner of the wall in the room, shining his flashlight around to see nothing but a loud screeching. Brian yelps in surprise at the sound as a rat scuttles off, passing between his legs and disappearing down the room to hide elsewhere. He could hear the other men laugh as his cheeks begin to blush a faint red. “Hehe…I guess you were right. Just a rat, that’s all.” He whispers out, making his way back to the others.

Suddenly he stops in the middle of the room, peering through the corner of his eye to see a body bag move and shuffle on its own. Gulping, he shines the light on it as the others catch sight of the movement.

“What…what…why is that moving? Isn’t the person dead in there?” Nick croaks out.

A.J. grins and whispers into Nick’s ear: “Well there’s only one way to find out right? Why don’t you go over there and see for yourself man.” Gently pushing Nick down the stairs.

Nick glares at the man and races back up the three small steps, watching Brian inch closer to the body bag placed in the center of the room.

Howie gulps, somehow he could sense something horrible will happen and he didn’t need to be here to see it. Watching closely, he sees Brian reach one of the piles of filled body bags placed in the center of the room, shining a light on it.

“It’s nothing there Brian. You have to stop being so scared. There are tons of rodents down here cause of the smell. Just leave it alone and come back over here.” Kevin calls softly, sitting crossed legged gazing at his cousin.

The others watch curiously as Brian reaches a pile and shines his flashlight on the top body bag on the pile. Tugging on the zipper of the bag, he slides it open to see what was making the noise. Abruptly, an arm slid out of the bag causing him to jump and take a step back.
Brian could hear some snickering behind him as he frowns and sucks his teeth. He disgustedly picks up the corpse’s arm, sliding it back into the body bag, when suddenly the arm twitched, its hand opening and clutching on Brian’s wrist. Brian yells, trying to pull the hand off him.

Kevin stands up alarmed, making his way over to a shaking Brian. “Hey, its probably just a twitch. Bodies do that even if they pass away the first hours or so. Relax man.”

“GET IT OFF ME!!! WHAT THE HELL?! GET IT OFF!!” Brian screams out, shivering at the hand clasped tightly on his wrist. Kevin smirks, prying the hand off Brian as Brian backs away, bumping into a pile of other body bags which tumble and fall off to the ground.

Nick gulps, watching Brian stumble and head back to them on the platform, scared and in shock, rubbing his arms to get the feeling of the corpse off him.

Howie narrows his hand, shining his flashlight over at the tumbled pile of body bags, watching the scattered row of bags twitch and jerk in movement.

“Ok…I heard of small twitches, but this is getting ridiculous now.” A.J. breathes out, taking a step back, gripping the front door handle in his hands.

Nick whines out, backing towards the door, where A.J. was at. “Ok, see… now we’re leaving…cause I don’t want to be here with those things moving. Dude, I don’t want to be here with those twitches that are going on.”

“Yeah…I hear ya man.” A.J. pulls on the door, trying to open it.

“Well open it man! What the hell are you waiting for?” Nick croaks out, watching A.J. struggle with the door.

Howie goes over and offers to help, yanking on the door handle which broke off in his hands.

Nick gasps, glancing at A.J. who tenses up and snarls: “Thanks Howie a lot! You helped out so much!” A.J. growls out, pounding on the door.

Kevin and Brian scramble up the stairs with the others with a low moaning vibrated in the room.

“Ohhhhhhhh…hell now. Nooooo...” Nick whispers out, turning around to view the ground feet away from them all.

Howie shivers: holding his flashlight in his hands when the corpse that had grabbed Brian’s hand, shuffles inside of its closed containment. “To be honest with you, I’ve heard of sporadic twitches when the nerves move, but even this is too much for a dead person to do…”

Kevin gulps, standing on the platform with the others, watching the movements in the body bags scattered and piled on the floor. Suddenly, the piles topple over as all the body bags begin twitching violently.

Nick releases a curse under his breath, banging on the front door. “OPEN THIS NOW!”

A.J. kicks at the door along with Nick as Brian’s flashlight goes out.

“Dammit.” He mutters, shaking his flashlight and tossing it on the ground. The bags continue moving, slowly unzipping as the moaning grows loudly.

“Oh no no.” Howie whispers out, backing out in utter shock, his licks his dry lips, glancing at Kevin. “They’re not dead!”

“Yes they are…” Kevin trails off, watching a corpse of thin naked woman crawl out of a body bag, her grey flesh sunken slowly to her bones as she moans out. Her dark disheveled hair and sunken eyes completed the bloody mess of human that remained. The face seemed thinning and shrunken as wrinkles and deep crevices cut across the woman’s dead cheeks. She clumsily stands up, staring at Kevin intensely while she slowly takes a step forward.

A.J.’s mouth opened as no sound was heard, the terror was beyond anything he could imagine as he simply watched.

Nick begins shaking in fear as he cries out to the door, kicking it when his flashlight blinks a few seconds and goes off. Howie shines his flashlight on Brian who seemed paralyzed in fear, backing away towards the others at the door.

“Kevin, the door won’t open. We need to get out of here.” Howie calmly speaks, the terror seizing his bones as the zombie like woman gurgles and moans out something incoherent.

Kevin too in shock to speak, gulps and reaches the door, kicking at it as well. A.J. backs away to allow Kevin more room to kick down the door. He glares at Howie and shines the flashlight on the woman zombie gravely approaching them, each slow step more taunting than the next as the whiff of decay crosses over to the men.

Nick begins gagging as Brian inches closer to Howie with the flashlight. A.J. shivers in fright as his flashlight begins blinking quickly.

“Noooo…crap…damn not now.” A.J. shakes his flashlight as it dims and goes off, leaving him in the dark.

Kevin frustrated with no luck on breaking the solid thick door that held them enclosed, turns around, shining his flashlight on the approaching zombie. By now, the zombie had reached the stairs and was slowly ascending up towards them.

A.J. yells out and bangs on the door, “GET ME OUT!!!” as the moaning of the zombie cuts across them. Howie begins panting in fear, backing towards the others next to the entrance of the area. Holding his flashlight, he watches the other body bags begin to unzip and open, allowing more of the deceased bodies to crawl out and join the one ascending the men.

“Oh God…they’re all alive…” Nick whispers out, holding back his nausea.

Kevin gulps, “I don’t know what to do…we finished early, they won’t come get us till its time.”

“He had to have set this up! He would know something like this would happen.” Brian trembles out, huddling near Kevin holding the flashlight on the woman zombie who seemed to take a step on the second step almost near the platform they’re on.

Howie gulps, standing with the other men as his flashlight starts dimming.

‘We’re losing power here!” A.J. croaks out as Howie’s flashlight finally dies: leaving them in the dark. Kevin holds his flashlight, the bright florescent light shining on the woman zombie who seemed traumatized by the strong light emitting from the small object.

Kevin crowds in with the other men, standing in front of them with the flashlight. The zombie moans, stretching her long withered grey arms towards him as she gets on the platform, feet away from reaching them. Kevin scans the ground in front of them to see a crowd of the undead awakening and rising from the ground, escaping the body bags that once held them.

Kevin hears the others breathing quickly, fear paralyzing all of them as their only mode of escape was no longer in use. “Its gonna be ok. We’ll get out of here.”

A.J. lets out a curse, whispering: “Are you serious?! What the hell are you thinking? Look at that! That’s not normal!!! They’re alive when they were dead only hours before hand!”

“A.J. calm down. There has to be another exit around here.” Kevin whispers, shakily holding the flashlight in his hands.

“There’s an open crack large enough for all of us to slip through in the back wall across from those things. But we’ll need to pass them to get over to it.” Howie shivers, watching the zombie woman taking painstakingly slow steps on the platform.

“Oh no! No, no, no. I’m not walking through that crowd.” Nick shrieks out as they move away from the approaching woman zombie.

“Well we don’t have a choice now do we?” Kevin hisses out, fear cutting into him deeply.

“Ok, well let’s go now.” Brian quivers out, racing towards the edge of the platform to see a group of standing zombies, moaning and coming towards the stairwell of the platform.

The others nodded and go behind when Kevin’s flashlight begins to blink.

“NO! That’s our only light left!” A.J. shrieks out as they all gather at the edge of the platform, the woman zombie seemingly taking forever to reach them.

Kevin gulps and nods, jumping off the ledge first with the others following behind. He begins to travel as the group of zombies turn and begin to head towards them. Suddenly Kevin’s flashlight begins dimming as it blinks and goes off, leaving them all in the dark with the moaning zombies. They scream and huddle together, fear clinging to their bones as the zombies crawl and stumble towards them.
~*~

Vincent sighs, sitting back in the seat, gazing at the two women. “You know. You girls are something. I gotta admit, I almost forgot what it was like having a lady around the place for so long. I think you both can grow on me if I allow it to. For now though…” He places his hand on dark mahogany desk “You have a job to do. I have an arrival in a few hours and you both will need to pick it up. Afterwards you will be dropped off and mend to sell it to the best buyer off the block. I have a warning for you girls. The buyers are demanding when it comes to their money and will take a lot of convincing to get them to buy it at the highest price. But I trust you both will get the job done right. I’m expecting a large profit to come back to me.”

“How much do you expect back from the sell?” Arianna sits up in the chair, staring at the handsome built man. She tucks a blonde strand behind her ear, licking her lips slowly.

“Oh nothing more than a few grand. It’s a small sell, so it’s not a big deal.”

“Ok, ok, wait. You expect us to get a person to buy a small amount of the stuff for a grand?” Coral sits up, shaking her head in disbelief.

Vincent smiles, cocking his head to the side: “Well what did you expect, the product is a difficult thing to find, very rare in essence. You didn’t think I would give it away for cheap now did you?”

Arianna snorts, rolling her eyes: “So we’re to sell how much of it?”

“All of it. If you can get rid of the entire package then I’ll see what I can provide for you women to make your lives more accessible living here.” Vincent smirks, slowly standing up.

Coral sighs, “Fine. We’ll keep our deal of the bargain, but you better keep up with yours.”

Vincent smiles: “I always do ma’am. Now if you girls will excuse me. I’ll send a guard over with the mics, I don’t trust you both and I need to keep an eye out on you at all times. So away with you both for now.”

Arianna snorts, standing up and purposely bumps into Vincent on her way out.

Vincent smiles: gazing at her and Coral who blows a kiss at his direction and waves, exiting the room with a giggling Arianna.

“I don’t trust those women.” He mumbles to himself, watching them exit his office as he takes a seat on the edge of his desk, smirking.
~**~

**~To Be Continued…~**