- Text Size +
“Chronicles of The Eclipses”

“What do we have to fear but fear itself?” –Former president Theodore Roosevelt

**~Dead Man’s Path~**

He feels the trembles coming from the men as the moaning and groaning of the zombies approach them.

“Ohhhh GOD!! I don’t wanna die like this.” Nick cries out, clinging on Kevin’s arm.

Kevin gulps, “Look, I have an idea. We stay close to each other and get near the walls, that way we can tell where they’re coming from. If anything use whatever you have on you to get them away from you ok?”

He could feel the others all move back, touching the wall behind them as they begin to quickly walk towards the back of the room. The moaning and groaning grew around them, sending Brian into shock.

Howie feels Brian grip his arm tightly as they make their way down the room. “Ow. Easy Brian, I’m gonna need this arm later.”

“So…sorry.” Brian chokes out.

“It’s ok.” Howie whispers out as they blindly march down the room.

A.J. feels Nick’s hand grip his shoulder blade tightly as he winces out in pain. “Damn boy…watch how you grab me or I’ll let the zombies play with you.” He chuckles, feeling a push from behind him. He could hear Nick suck his teeth, muttering something under his breath.

“Hey, no pushing Nick.” A.J. smirks.

“That’s not me touching you now.” Nick whispers out in the blinding dark.

“Why did you push me?”

“I told you, I didn’t touch you.” Nick grumbles, tripping over something in the dark.

“Stop playing around, yes you did. You grabbed my shoulder.”

“Nooo…I’m fine. I’m touching the wall, not you.” Nick grumbles feeling something cold and slimy to the left of him. Disgusted, he could smell the over powering odor of rotting flesh and blood, almost gagging him quickly. “There’s one here! I can smell it!”

“Kick it away!” Kevin yells out as the moaning of the walking undead echo in the room.

Nick does as told sending something to the ground. He feels his ankles grabbed as he shrieks out, kicking whatever held his ankle.

“AHHHH, you son of…” A.J. groans out, feeling the kick on his back, crashing to the floor. “You freaking idiot! You kicked me instead of the zombie!”

“Huh?” Nick calls out. Kevin stops the group, swatting a zombie away that was near by them. He could hear it groan and shuffle back in pain, crashing on the ground.

“The end should be around here. Are we at the end of the room?” Howie calls out.

Brian stumbles over something, crying out: “Holy crap!!! What is that?!”

“What’s what man?” A.J groans out, running a hand down his hurt back as they stare around blindly in the midnight dark.

“I…I…I fell on something. Oh God…I think it’s a corpse!” Brian cries out, scraping his nails on the walls to climb up. He could feel something wet and cold on his shirt as he struggles to catch up with the others. Kevin reaches the end of the room, blindly searching for a door. Smiling, his hands brush across a cool steel material and he searches for the handle of the door. Feeling the cold lever handle in his hand, he tugs on it hoping it would open. The sound of the moaning zombies creep closer to them all sending him to nervously pull on the door to escape.

“Come on…open!” Kevin whispers out, struggling to open the door.

He feels Nick and A.J. reach him, each helping Kevin at the door.

Brian trembles in fear as Howie exhales slowly, his heart racing a mile a minute.

“JUST OPEN ALREADY!” Nick yells out, kicking at the door. Suddenly the door groans out, sliding a crack open as Kevin places his fingers on the crack, yanking at the door to slide it open further. Nick and A.J. help along as Brian and Howie catch up to them.

Howie gulps, feeling a cold hand grip his ankle. Knowing it was a zombie by the sickening smell, he kicks at it blindly as the door slides open enough for them to go through. They all bomb-rush through the opening, racing down a faint lit hallway away from the walking zombies going after them.

“This hallway could lead us out of here and back up to the boss’s office.” Kevin yells out, turning around to see the guys running behind them as the zombies pick up pace chasing after them. They all race down the hallway, Kevin leading them up stairs. He rushes to the door at the top of the stairwell trying to open it but realizing he needed a code to open it and out of fear, he couldn’t think of the code at the moment. He gulps as the four men climb up the stairs, fear clouding them as the zombies make their way towards them.

“Open it! Open it!” A.J. calls out startled.

“I can…if I can remember the code.” Kevin whispers out, pressing down on the key pad on the side of the iron door.

“Well you better remember it now!” Brian cries out as a zombie begins to reach the stairwell they’re on.

“They’re moving fast now! We gotta get out of here!” Howie glances around, looking for anything to throw at them.

Kevin gulps, his heart hammering his chest as he closes his eyes, the tension and pressure getting to him. He sighs, hoping he could remember the code quickly for his life depended on it.
~*~
Coral breaths out: tucking in a Beretta in the gun holster on her hip. She adjusts her military jacket, gazing over at Arianna who was wrapping her long golden locks up in a spiral bun.

“I feel weird doing this.” Coral adjusts her belt, the gun pressing further into her thigh.

Arianna smiles, pouting her lips to apply some gloss and turning to blow a kiss at the camera. “Yo, you ever wonder who watches these videos? It’s gotta be a boring job, though if they’re watching in the morning.” Arianna pauses smiling, getting a giggle out of Coral, “Then they’re watching free exposure in my room.”

“See this is why I dress in the bathroom, cause there’s a bunch of pervs, I bet checking this out.” Coral mutters, pinning her dark locks up before placing a military cap over it. “It looks like we’re going to war or something dressed like this.”

Arianna giggles: winking at her. “I kinda like it. It makes me feel sexy in this. You know I bet some guys like women in uniform.”

Coral snorts, “Yeah, like someone I bet I know.”

Arianna laughs, nodding her head: “Oh yeah, big time.”

Coral grins, “Hey maybe we can him since we’re heading out.”

“Hmmmmmm…”

“What, you’re not still mad at him now are you?” Coral cuffs the sleeves of her military jacket, pulling on the black wife beater beneath it. She pulls on her dark black short skirt and smirks, slipping into black stilettos. “I feel confused dressing like this. But he wanted us to look appealing to the buyers so, this is what they’re getting.”

Arianna laughs, gazing at her partner: “Wow, if I wasn’t straight, I would have taken you down right now.”

Coral laughs, gathering another magnum and tossing a Beretta to Arianna.

Arianna catches it and tucks into the gun holster, clipping it on the fray belt of her tight black pants that seemed to capture all the smooth curves she encompassed.

Coral whistles and smirks: “Wow, you think if Vincent sees you in that, he’ll change his rules about women in general?”

Arianna turns to her, fixing her black lace halter top she managed to ask one of the guards to buy for her. Giggling, she nods and slips on an army jacket, fixing her black sandals. “Of course, I mean I know he has a thing for us. And don’t think I don’t notice him checking us out, especially you miss smooth.”

Coral crinkles her nose, heading to the exit of the door. “You don’t think that now do you? I mean he looks at us like he wants to bang us and ravage our bodies.”

“So what’s wrong with that?” Arianna teases, getting a laugh out of Coral.

“You’re right. There isn’t a damn thing wrong with that. Man he’s hot. How does a guy like that not have a woman in his life? See you know I figured out what’s wrong with him?”

Arianna smirks, gazing at Coral curiously: “What’s that?”

“He needs a nice piece of booty. He needs to get his mind on that instead of selling that stuff. Cause he’s too good looking to be hiding out.”

Arianna begins laughing, clutching her sides at the thought of that: “You’re so right on that. Man, he’s so lickable and scrumpalicious. I wouldn’t mind getting a piece of that.”

Coral burst out laughing, opening the suite door to step out. She gulps, closing her mouth at the sight of a solider glaring at her, pointing a rifle at them.

“Let’s go. I’m to drop you off at the place.” The bass toned man rasps out, his chocolate complexion glittered in the dim lights above him as he points the gun down the hallway to their left.

Arianna still giggling, gathers her blade; “Hey Co…” She pauses to see the guard stepping into the room, eyeing her. “Let’s move. We don’t have all night.”

Arianna nods, straightening up as she brushes pass the man, feeling the cold rifle brush pass her thighs. She locks eyes with the dark eyed man who seemed to glare at her, the impatience noted clearly in his eyes.

Rolling her eyes, she heads out of the room as the guard leads them down the hallway taking them down series of stairwells. Arianna smirks and pokes Coral on the side of her ribs: “Hey let’s ditch this puck. He’s rude. I don’t wanna be around him.” She whispers out to Coral who smirks.

“I think there’s a corner we can turn at the end of this hallway.” Coral grins staying over a meter behind the guard who begins picking up pace almost leaving them both behind.

“Man, he’s in a rush.” Arianna grumbles, her heels echo down the hallway as she winces and grumbles. “Who’s moronic idea was it to wear heels?”

“Yours.” Coral smirks, her skirt clinging to her.

“Oh right, well that’s a brilliant idea then.” Arianna smiles: walking down the hallway.

“There’s a corner. Let’s turn here.” Coral whispers out, turning to her left walking down a pathway. Arianna glances ahead to see the guard was opening the garage to board the parked black SUV.

“We’re clear. Let’s go.” Arianna whispers, ushering Coral down the corner, walking down a pathway.

Coral perks her eyes as the sound of yelling coming from somewhere around her. “You hear that?”

“Yeah…” Arianna narrows her eyes, pulling out her Berretta. “Sounds like someone in trouble.”

“Sure does.” Coral pulls out her black magnum, leading them down the pathway where the yelling was heard more clearly.

“AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! HELP US! I DON’T WANNA DIE!” Shrieked a masculine voice nearby behind an arc threshold door.

Coral gulps, nervously glancing at Arianna: “That, that kind of sounds like A.J. doesn’t it?”

Arianna nods slowly, licking her lips slowly: “Sounds like its coming from down the stairs.”

Coral gulps and quickly descends down a row of wide cement staircases one after another watching the cement bricked walls closing around her taking her into a dark room. Gasping, she steps down the hallway hearing Arianna catching up.

“Damn, it’s too dark. I can’t see my butt cheeks and you know its dark cause my cheeks haven’t seen the sight of sun for while.” Arianna jokes, trying to relieve some of the tension from the screaming that seemed to flood around them as they approach closer down the dark hallway. Using her hands, she guides herself down the hallway, hearing Coral gasp and hits something in front of her.
“Ohhhhh… hey you ok Coral?”

“Ouch, I hit a door. It’s cement. Whatever is behind that door has the screaming.” Coral gazes around blindly, looking for something to light up.

“Wait…I think I have a lighter somewhere.” Arianna mumbles, searching blindly down her pockets to pull out a red lighter.

“You have lighter?”

“Yeah, well I don’t smoke or anything, but I figured I might as well have it on me since it has fire, hehe.”

“Ari you lost it girl.”

“No…well ok, I’m almost there…” Arianna smirks nervously, hoping that whatever was behind the door wouldn’t cause her nightmares. “Ok, Coral, step back, let me see what we have.”

Coral inches back as Arianna holds the open lighter, casting an eerie glow on the door. “Yup… it looks locked I think.”

“Maybe we can shoot through it.” Coral raises her magnum, firing off a few shots.

Arianna giggles and kicks open the door: “Nice aim girl.”

“Hehe, thanks. Question…why are we down here anyway?”

“I don’t know. I was following you. Plus you heard screaming right? Don’t you wanna know who’s screaming?”

“Ummmm…I don’t know now.” Coral gulps, following Arianna into the room. Immediately they were surrounded by a strong vile decaying scent that seemed to cloth the entire area.

“What the hell is this place?” Arianna whispers, gagging and coughing, spitting on the floor to her side.

“God…it reeks of death…looks like some place where the bodies are taken maybe after the initiation.” Coral gags out, covering her nose as she looks around blindly. She steps into the room, hearing an object roll pass her foot. Squeaking out, she jumps and looks around in the utter darkness. The silence now clothed them as Arianna raises her lighter before her, guiding her through the darkness.

Gasping, Arianna gulps down the rising food she had eaten earlier as the wretched decaying scent clothes her. The two women struggle to look around in the little light coming from the lighter as the rows of empty body bags scattered before them down the small cement platform they’re on. “It looks like it was recently used, the bags.”

“I know…” Coral whispers out, holding her nose as she shakily holds a gun in her hands.

“This way. Down here. Look at all this.” Arianna whispers out, stepping down the three round stairs off the platform.

“This is disgusting…It’s so sick.” Coral mumbles out, glancing around. “It’s too quiet down here.”

A loud creaking sound was heard far off as the guard that was with them before hand steps behind them in the room. “What the f…” He pauses getting intercepted by the women.

“Shhh…” Coral hisses out, glaring at the guard.

“You’re not supposed to be here! Get out or I’ll report you to Vincent.” The guard growls out, holding his rifle out.

“If you kill us you’ll be in deeper trouble. Vincent needs us for delivery…Don’t you see it’s so obvious…You’re a smart man right? You should see the necessity in needing us.” Arianna smiles: batting her eyes.

The guard snorts, holding the main entrance open on the platform: “Get out…you have a job to do then.”

“Fine, fine…” Arianna grumbles out loud as she about to step out of the room when a deep groan vibrates down the hallway.

“Okay…well, I’m guessing that’s not you huh?” Arianna smiles: getting the guard angry.

“Move lady.”

“Wait…I hear it too. What is that sound?” Coral whispers, looking around blindly in the dark. Arianna steps close to her, holding the lighter in her hand.

“Please tell me that’s not what I think it is.” Arianna whispers out as the guard snorts and steps next to her.

“It’s time.” The guard murmurs, shivering from the sudden fright that crossed his face.

“Uhhhh…ummm…want to tell us about that?” Coral whispers out nervously.

“Get out!” The guard moves back to the front door.

“What’s making that sound?” Arianna asks, stepping down the platform and heading down the three steps.

“You don’t wanna know. Now GET OUT!” The guard shouts out, getting aggravated.

Coral snorts and follows Arianna down the stairs to see a strange figure lying on the side of the wall. “Shine the light to that thing over there. What’s that?”

Arianna holds the lighter over a slouching decaying figure and gasps in fright. “Holy…”

Coral gasps, gazing at the decaying body, flies swarming over the corpse’s face. “What…what happened to that person? There’s too many body bags lying around, why isn’t that body in there?”

“Maybe…something happened with the corpses.” Arianna murmurs, shining the lighter lower on the body.

A loud shallow groan echoes in the room as the women look up to see a zombie approach them.

On instant, Arianna pulls out her pistol, shooting at the staggering figure approaching.

“It’s not dying!” Coral screams out, exhaling.

“Like I couldn’t figure that out.” Arianna grumbles, seeing the zombie stumble and collapse on the ground, moaning one last time before it lies still.

The guard growls out: “Look at what you did! You’ll call more of them when you do that! I’m getting out of here, if you want to search this place then have fun, I’m out.” And with that the guard exits the room, going through the broken door.

Coral gulps and looks around: “Ari…let’s just go. We’ll come back here later to check this out. But we have to go that delivery or we won’t be in this gang at all.”

“Alright. I hear ya. Let’s go then.” And the women exit the room, anxiety clouding their very thoughts.
~**~

**~To Be Continued…~**