- Text Size +
“Chronicles of The Eclipses”

“What do we have to fear but fear itself?” –Former president Theodore Roosevelt

**~Breaking New Ground~**

A.J. grumbles, scuffing the grey ground beneath him. The dim white lights glowed faintly on him as he walks ahead of the group, grumbling under his breath.

Brian rolls his eyes, nudging Nick: “Go find out what’s wrong with him?”

Nick snorts, shaking his head as he gulps hearing a distant moaning sound that sends shivers down his back. “N…no. I’m not gonna talk to him. It’s not like he knows me to tell me.”

“Dude, just do it.” Brian whispers, gently pushing Nick towards A.J.

Kevin walks in the center of the group, his gaze on every movement around him. “Shhh…guys you hear that?”

Howie nervously answers: “I think that could be more of those things out there.”

“NO! Don’t say that. I, I can’t take more of those things.” Nick mumbles, shivering.

A.J. gulps, looking around. “Shhh…I hear them…they’re near by.” He creeps closer to Howie silently getting behind the man. Sticking his hand out to touch his shoulder, he shrieks out as Howie yells in fright and dashes away petrified.

A.J.’s taunting laughing howls out as he claps his hands, smirking at the man. “Wow, would you look at that? You can sound like a little bit…”

Kevin intercepts him quickly as a loud groaning shatters down the dimly lit hallway.

“Guys…” Brian gulps, “We’re not armed and if those things are out there…what makes you think we can get away without getting hurt?”

Nick shivers, crossing his arms over his chest as he glances around the area. “Please tell me that’s not what I think it is…”

Howie sends a glare over to the tattooed man before looking around.

“Hehe, aww, is Michael scared of the living dead?” A.J. hisses out, leaning on the wall.

Kevin frowns, “Both you need to stop, whatever is out there is coming for us. We need to get the hell out of here and see Vincent.”

“Ha! Are you kidding me?! That man probably set this whole thing up to get rid of us!” Brian shouts out, “I’m not going. There’s no need to go after him when he has his slaves doing it for him.”

“You should all be grateful he didn’t kill you.” Kevin whispers out.

Brian snorts: “You kidding me right? What about that little episode he had back at his office that he threatened us with a gun? I don’t know about you but I wouldn’t rely on him.”

Howie sighs, “We’ll need weapons, something to defend ourselves with.”

“Duh, no kidding man. And how do you suggest we go about doing that?” A.J. mockingly murmurs.

“What’s your problem with me?! Lie off me dammit!” Howie snarls out, cracking his knuckles.

A.J. snorts, “Ohh I’m so afraid of you shorty. What you gonna do, kick me in my kneecaps?”

Kevin slams A.J. against the wall, growling: “I don’t have time for this. Either you both shut up and work together or you’re both on your own. I don’t have time to watch over you. There’s some freaky stuff going on in here and I don’t have the patience or time for the both of ya.”

Nick gulps, leaning against the wall as a strange silhouette passes behind Kevin. “Ke…Ke…Kevin!” He frantically points to the wall across from him as the others all gaze at it confused.

“What? What is it?” Kevin whispers out.

“There’s something in here with us.” Nick chokes out, shivering.

Howie gulps, scanning around him as the shadow crosses over them from above. “It looks like there’s a ledge up there to the first level. Maybe its some of the members and they can tell where to go.”

Kevin scans around him, “I doubt it. Security doesn’t guard these premises here. We’ll need something to defend ourselves with and now. The zombies are growing in numbers and the more there is, the more we’re bound to get caught by one of them.”

“Oh wow, thanks a lot for the encouraging words.” A.J. murmurs out, shivering at the sound of the pitiful groans coming from around them.

Brian gulps slowly, stepping back from the group as he sees a shadow of human shape creeping around the hallway they’re in. “Who…who’s there?” He chokes out, indicting to the shadow crossing the walls behind Kevin.

Kevin narrows his eyes, stiffing up as he gulps to hear soft shuffling coming down the hallway.

Nick shivers slightly, his skin paling at the thought of the something appearing before them. They all stare down the hallway they came from, watching to see the shadow inch closer to the corner to turn to their direction.

Howie intakes air, afraid of exhaling as his eyes remained glued the corner of the hallway. The figure remained hidden in the darkness of the hallways as it approaches them moaning out in agony. Suddenly from the ledge above them an ocean of groans and moans erupt as the living dead begins to drop down on the ground level where they are.

Nick cries out, quivering as Kevin gasps watching more than twenty of the zombies slowly surround them.

Brian gasps, “Noo…nooo this can’t end this way.”

A round of shots go off around them as the zombies scream dropping to the ground lifeless. The figure from the corner steps closer to the light, shooting off the rest of the zombies crawling and grabbing at the five men.

Brian yells out, gasping as a decaying grey fleshed foul odor hand clung to his shirt sending him to shriek out in fear. Nick squeaks out as a zombie clinging to his arm was shot off, leaving only the remains of the grey fleshed arm and hand still on his skin.

“AHHHH, get it off me!” Nick shakes his arm, watching the zombie hand topple off him, landing on the ground besides its deceased master.

A.J. shivers as a crawling zombie grabbed for his upper thigh, the dead hand prints seemed to burn through his black jeans as he jumps and yells out, cursing and kicking the limb off him.

Howie watches a zombie drop dead before him inches away from yanking at his arm to take a bite. Kevin gulps nervously to view their savior as the rest do the same.

“Vincent…” Kevin whispers out, locking eyes on their boss, the man’s dark eyes gleam in the faint light.

“I thought I heard yelling down here, figured I should investigate.” Vincent’s deep bass voice vibrates down the hollow hallways.

“Yeah well what the hell did you think you were gonna hear, laughing?” A.J. retorts angrily, clutching his fists to his side.

Nick and Brian remain quiet, shuddering as they stand besides each other with Howie stepping forward of the group.

“You seem ungrateful for me saving your lives.” Vincent smiles: locking his silver magnum in place as he holds it in his hands with the head of the pistol pointing up to the ceiling.

“We’ve just been through a lot of stuff. Why didn’t you inform of the experiments?” Kevin whispers out, glaring at the boss.

Vincent smirks: “What I do is my business. Who the hell are you that I should confine in?”

A.J. growls out, releasing a string of profanities as he struggles to reach the man, but is held back strongly by Nick and Brian.

“A companion I thought. But I guess I was wrong.” Kevin murmurs out, crossing his arms across his chest.

“Exactly. You all have a duty to fulfill. You don’t think because I gave you special privileges that you automatically become my ‘little buddy’ I have far better things to do then to make friends.” Vincent sneers, holding the magnum in his right hand as he tucks it away. Tugging on his muscle black shirt, he licks his lips and smiles: “There is an easier way to get out of this section of this floor.” The faint lights hitting his bald head as it glimmers dully from the reflection.

“Well we should feel flattered you want to help us.” Kevin hisses out, stepping away from Vincent.

Vincent simply laughs, shaking his head as he whips out his pistol aiming it at Kevin’s forehead: “Why must you all have the last word in an argument? This is my party and what I say goes. Understood. If you don’t like it, tough. Deal with it cause its my world. Welcome boys to the real dirty truth. You’re all picked to serve me and when I’m through with you all, I’ll change you into my workers. My workers that seem to have a mind of their owns when it comes to the living.”

“You sick fu…” A.J. begins saying as Howie intercepts him, eyeing Vincent maliciously.

“I don’t really know what’s going on here. But we’re all in danger. Those things are multiplying and need to be stop before they reach surface.” Howie calmly whispers out, watching Vincent smirk.

“It’s a little for that now isn’t it? They have been on the surface for the past thirty minutes, gaining in population as they are sent to do their assigned duties. I have big plans my boy with the drug industry. Pandora’s box will be a out-seller compared to any other drugs out there. And you all will live long enough to see the growth of this gang. When I’m down with you all, you will work with me even after I kill you. So you see boys, there really isn’t anything you can do at this point, except you belong to me and that is that.” Vincent growls out, tucking the magnum away. “So if you excuse me now, I have to reload. And by the way boys, you’re welcome.” He sneers, roughly brushing past Kevin and the others ahead of him.

Kevin gulps, eyeing the others as A.J. gulps, pushing past Howie on purpose to walk down the way they were heading and where Vincent dashed off to.

“Holy crap. What the hell are we involved in now?” Nick breathes out, shaking his head as he slowly follows A.J. down the hallway.

Brian eyes Kevin, shaking his head: “We’re gonna die aren’t we?”

“Don’t say that.” Howie whispers, shivering from the thought of it.

Kevin shrugs: “I don’t know anymore. Vincent is the only one to rely on and yet he’s against us.”

“Great. More things to worry about. This day just keeps getting better and better.” Brian quietly states, following the other two down the hallway.

“And for you Michael…” Kevin eyes him smiling: “Or Howie. However you chose to be called, I’m sorry you got involved. I tried warning you, but you didn’t listen. Now we may both never see the station again, ‘cause you sought out to be a hero.”

“Kev…come on. I wanted to save you.” Howie pleas out, watching Kevin drop his head as he shuffles behind the other men.

“How funny that is, you came to save me but who’s gonna save you?” He states, following behind the others as Howie gulps, dropping his head.
~*~

Arianna growls as Coral’s pistol makes a vacant sound, singling them that it’s empty.

“AWWW DAMNMIT!” Arianna growls out, watching the decaying corpses tumble and collapse around them as more enter the main entrance coming for them.

“So now what? We’re out of bullets and I doubt a knife to their heads will work.

Arianna smirks backing away hitting the mahogany counter behind her. “Fire.”

“Fire? With what?”

“Look around you Coral. The tables, chairs, anything you can use and we’ll needs a way to start it up.” Arianna mumbles as the moans grow incessantly tiring to their fragile ears. “If they don’t shut up, I’ll lose my mind.” Arianna growls out, cursing quietly under her breath as she begins to kicking at a table leg, breaking it off.

Coral quickly goes along to gather wood placing it on the wooden counter.

Arianna giggles finding a hidden stash of alcoholic drinks in a paper bag, hidden behind the counter. “This could help out.” She grins, dumping the drinks on the furniture, the now sodden wood was ready to burn.

The moans of the ever increasing zombies, begins to increases as more being ascending the hut, climbing down the windows and others crawling through the front entrance.

“There should a back exit to this place. I’ll go check it out as you start the fire.” Coral hurries off, dashing down the hallway behind the counter, leading her to another vacant hallway at the end of it. Sighing, she spots a door and pushes on it seeing it swing open as she begins to grin. “YES! ARI! I found the exit!” She yells out to her friend as she races back to the front of the hut to see Arianna lighting up a dusty match littered on the floor behind the counter.

“Alright. I’m coming. Let me light this sucker up and we’re out of here.” Arianna smirks, watching the tiny orange glow from the match in her hands as she gazes at her friend. “On three we’re out of here and running through the exit got it?”

“Got it.” Coral whispers, preparing to dash down the hallway as Arianna mouths out:

“Three.” And the match crashes to the floor, setting a storm of fire to blast from the wooden furniture, quickly spreading around the hut as the zombies scream out and get caught in the burning flames.

Coral without a second thought, peels off running for her life as she hears Arianna inches behind her as the hut begins to shake, groaning as the fire begins to grow.

“There’s the door!” Coral turns the corner of the lighted hallway, slamming open the creaking door to set them free. She dashes out of there as she and Arianna run and throw themselves on the ground as the hut explodes behind them, the burning heat touching their sensitive flesh.

Coral cover her head with her arms as she sits up on her knees, turning back to see the burning mess of the hut, the ravaging fire eating the dead zombies, hungrily devouring the rotting corpses along its way.

Arianna sits up, her knees digging the mossy dirt ground beneath as she shakily stands up for a gulp of air, coughing as the smell of moldering smoke greets them.

Coral quickly stands up, gasping for air as she locks eyes on her partner. “Guess we gotta walk back to the place.”

“Doesn’t matter to me. I’ll be so pissed off, I’ll need the time to think of ways of tearing Vincent apart for pure fun and torture. So I’m all set.” Arianna glances over, sending a smug look over to Coral.

“Well good. I think we’ll need the time to get some fresh air so we plot ways of getting rid of Vincent and his gang anyway. Wonder if Howie knows about Vincent and these zombies?” Coral begins walking away from the burning hut, her shorts breaths fighting for air as the suffocating smoke invades around them.

“I’m sure he does. I wanna know what the hell is going on and why are the dead now living? None of this will make any sense, I just know it. And when I get my hands on Vincent, my gun will laugh in his face.” She growls out, clumping her way through the dreary sidewalk, the heavy trees seem to bare down on them as they make their way back to the gang of Eclipses.
~**~

**~To Be Continued…~**