- Text Size +
“Chronicles of the Eclipses”


**~Deadly Wrath ~**

She enters the dark murky hallways, anger fanning her steps as she grips the empty magnum in her right hand. Her golden tresses stick wet with sweat against her neck and forehead as she pounds down the endless hallways with its intricate twists and turns. She sees the same familiar stairwell that held the corpses as a sick mortuary and kicks open the door, growling.

“Ari! What the hell is wrong with you?” Coral angrily yells out from behind.

“When I see him, I’ll break every freaking limb he’s known to have.” She hisses out, her eyes glowering as her fists curl tightly.

“Arianna this is ridiculous, let’s get out of here. We’ll find Howie and get the hell out of here before it’s too late.” Coral grabs her partner’s arm nudging her away from the decaying arc threshold.

Arianna plasters a sick smile across her lips, stepping away from the foul odor. “Fine. I want to know where he is anyway.” She grumbles, running back up the stairs swiftly, her feet pounding the ground beneath her.

Coral sighs and races behind her partner hoping that Arianna will not endanger them further with her anger.
~*~

He leads the men down the decrypted pathway, the walls seemingly moaning and crying in pain, the groans emitting from the zombies far off. Vincent smiles: quietly walking ahead of them as they all whisper and shoot darting glances at the man in front of them.

“You have a lot to explain Vincent.” Kevin growls out from behind him.

“Do I really now? Cause you all owe me the way I see it. I saved you and this is the way I get treated, such respect for the man that saved your life. Perhaps I was being too nice by letting you go on your little retreat for behavior, I suggest you cancel those plans for the time being. Your attitude and actions today proved other wise.” Vincent mockingly whispers out. A grin plastered on his handsome face as his built muscled arms bulged through the ripped black t-shirt he’s wearing.

Kevin curses under his breath, backing away as they all continue to trail down what seemed like another tunnel. A.J. glances back at Howie and smirks, sticking out his foot as the man steps forward. Howie not noticing, stumbles over A.J.’s foot and growls out.

A.J. smirks, chuckling: “Ohh you should be more careful now. Don’t wanna see ya hurt yourself you know.”

Howie mutters a profanity under his breath as he pushes A.J. hard on his shoulders: “I’ve been putting up with you for the past hours with your attitude problems. But I’m close to hurting you and taking that tongue of yours to wipe my butt with it. So…” He pushes A.J. again on the shoulder as A.J. snorts and pushes him back.

“Ha, what? You think I’m afraid of your short a…” A.J. stops as an agonizing moan erupts loudly from the walls.

“They’re around us. Getting us to their trap.” Vincent whispers.

Nick sniffs, growling out a curse under his breath: “This doesn’t make any sense! What the hell is going? You’re sick man!” He lashes out at Vincent.

Vincent simply laughs, slapping the man across his cheek hard: “Shut the hell up. I didn’t ask for your opinion. You need my help to live. Only I can protect you from those things out. Unless however you want to do that on your own, cause if that’s the case, then I’m out of here. I know the way out and you don’t.”

Brian gulps, eyeing Nick gently who seemed stunned from the slap. Nick rubs his cheek painfully glaring at Vincent as he takes a step back.

“How did you know we were here?” Brian whispers out, the moaning ceases to stop for a moment, leaving them in silence, their soft breathing the only form of sound.

Vincent smiles: “I have surveillance posted around the area. You don’t honestly think we would leave you unwatched. I was entertained when you all bumped into the zombies. It was quite the laugh really.”

The zombie’s moans echoed in the dark hallways almost sounding besides them as they shuffle down the hallways.

Howie gulps, trailing behind the others at the sound of footsteps coming nearby. He gulps, shaking, picking up his pace when he feels his ankles grabbed. He quivers from the touch and was about to open his mouth to scream but is silenced by a hand clamped over his mouth tightly. He struggles against the force that suddenly seemed to have grabbed him from behind as he tries to yank away from the grip. He slams against the wall in the corner away from the group as he stares into the deep blue green eyes of Arianna.

Howie exhales as a smiles crosses his face as he notices the anger flicking in her bright eyes. “You’re not happy to see me.”

“No kidding!” She growls out, her tangled golden locks seemed in a disarray as she frowns at him, pinning him to the wall tightly. “And to think I listened to your stupid a…”

“Enough Ari!” Coral’s voice breaks through the small shadowed corner they were hiding at. “We need to get the hell out of here now. Howie whatever is going on is far too much for us to handle. CIA needs to needs to check this out, not us.” She steps closer to them, fear etched in her heart. “This is far beyond our league, we’ll need to regroup a priest, CIA officers not us.” She whispers out as the moaning of the zombies echo off in the hallway.

“None of us knew they were like this. How was I gonna know the leader was the living dead?!” Howie growls off, roughly pushing Arianna away from him. Arianna simply snorts, glaring at him as she plays with the empty valve of the pistol. “I can’t leave now. You two can, just head out the way you came in. And what the hell happened to you anyway?”

Arianna cuts a glance over at Coral as she continues playing with the pistol in her hands.

“For your information, Vincent set us up. He was trying to get rid of us after all by sending us on a hunt for dead. Seems we were set up, we were supposed to make a delivery but rather we found out we were the delivery to the hungry mounds of zombies that seeped into the location we were at.” Coral calmly states, hearing a growl escape from Arianna’s lips.

“And now you want revenge right?” Howie whispers out, watching the five men lurk down the hallway about to turn a corner.

“What do you think?” Arianna hisses out, slamming her hands brutally down against his crotch.

Howie gasps and frowns, roughly pushing her hand away as he exhales painfully from the grip. Coral held back a laugh as Arianna glares at the man, a small smile pricking her soft pink lips as she pulls her hand away watching the man.

“I don’t know what you want me to do, but if you think you can go up against Vincent, you’re out of your mind. He can’t die, he’s already dead.” Howie murmurs out in fright.

“WHAT THE HELL DOES THAT MEAN?!” Arianna yells out frustrated, the rage seeping out of her flesh as curls her fists tightly against her lean frame.

Coral gulps, stepping besides her gazing at Howie: “Are you saying Vincent is one of those things as well?” She chokes out, watching Howie blink at the comment.

Arianna frowns, “You have got to be kidding me right?”

“I…I wish I was.” Howie croaks out, glancing around the faint light in the hallway.

“So this place is fun by demons or what? Is that what you’re telling me?” Arianna cuts a death glare at him, her lips curling at the tips.

“Yes...” He boldly states, watching Coral freeze at the comment, her mouth slowly dropping open at the thought and comment of it all.

“Ohh God…no, we have to leave now. We can’t stay here.” Coral murmurs out.

“I think otherwise.” A deep bass voice cuts behind them as the three turn to see Vincent holding a pistol aimed at them. “I like your company and Michael or this ‘Howie’ knows too much and in fact I think you all know too much.” He snarls, stepping towards them all as the four men behind watch and gulp, eyeing Howie curiously.

Vincent snarls, grabbing Howie by the shoulder roughly, shoving him towards the other four men. “Looks like you’ll be filling me in now right Howie?” He frowns: watching Howie stumble to the men, smacking the ground as he struggles to stand up painfully. “Cause I would hate to think you’re lying to me. I hate liars and I personally feel they’re a waste of time. I would hate to have to get rid of you after all you’ve seen. You could have been a good asset to the group. Let’s hope you talk yourself to live a few more days.”

Arianna cuts a glare at Vincent as she feels a hand on her shoulder from Coral. “

“Don’t lose it girl.” Coral whispers out softly in her ear as Vincent continues to hammer out rules and regulations to the men before turning around to grab Arianna by the hair.

Arianna yells out and kicks him forcefully on the ribs as Vincent grunts in pain, yanking her hair down causing her to topple to the ground. Coral watches and holds back in wanting to attack the man for something didn’t seem right coming from the end of the hallway.

Arianna growls out, pushing Vincent away as she bites down on his arm, swinging a punch at him as he simply laughs.

“My, I like you. You’re feisty. That’s intrigues me.” Vincent smiles gazing over at Howie and the other men who seemed paralyzed in fear from whatever was approaching them from the end of the hallway.

“What…what is that?!” Coral shrieks out, shaking in fright as the beast slugs its way slowing from the dark shadows that hid it.

Vincent smiles, watching the deformed tiger step out of the shadows growling, its decaying yellow orbs now hung from its eye sockets as the white fangs gleam from its mouth as its orange and dirty brown and black fur seemed covered in sleek crimson blood smothered over it. The tiger growls out a deafening growl, taking steps towards them, its broken and boned tail waved side to side whooshing as it sees Vincent and lowers itself down, almost crawling towards him as he stops before him, growling softly.

Nick squeaks out softly, shivering as he backs in a wall staring at the animal as Brian begins gasping for air in fear. Kevin gulps and looks around watching the women glancing at the decaying tiger in shock.

Vincent smiles and bends down to pet the large cat, running his hands through the top of its head as the tiger released a shaky purr.

A.J. grips tightly to Kevin’s arm as he gasps for air, fear etching his face as Howie gazes over at him.

“Oh what’s wrong Alex…afraid of a cat? Not a cat person?” Howie mocks out, smiling as A.J. frowns and backs away.

Vincent stares at the men and smiles: “I hope you all like to run…my cat needs some exercise and you might give him a nice workout.”

Kevin breaths out slowly: “Are you gonna sic that animal on us?”

“Yes. Yes of course, I mean you didn’t think he’d be here to just look at his food right?” Vincent gazes, holding onto the tiger’s head who’s spitting and growling form now seemed agitated from the men.

Nick shivers, shaking his head: “Who’s side are you on? You safe us from the zombies to try to kill us with your cat?!”

Vincent smiles: slowly releasing his grip from the raging tiger that seemed eager to touch flesh. “I’m on my own side. It’s your choice to pick who you trust. I didn’t build that trust for you. You relied on me cause of the zombies. I picked you for a purpose…have you all figured it out yet? Did you all think that was the end of the initiation? Everything you’ve been through has been a set up and so far you all managed to fall right into my plans. I’m so glad you all manage to succeed that far. Now here is the final task as you take your steps into becoming an Eclipses.” Vincent smiles, releasing his grip from the tiger as the decaying animal leaps towards them in anger, its thick and large claws gleam out: sending the group into a fury of screams and chaotic scramble down the opposite end of the hallway.

Nick scrambles down the hallway, the first to reach the end of the long hallway as the pounding of the others screaming behind sounded and echoed off in the hollow cement hallways. He enters the basement level once again where the zombies had been at before but stop in confusion and fear as his eyes scan over the ground to see the corpses were no longer there.

“May…maybe they were moved.” Coral chokes out, pushing past him as the others rush by him yanking on Nick’s stun arm to move. He looks back in time to see the tiger leap into the air and take him down on the ground, landing on him. Nick groans in pain as his back slams the ground from the weight of the tiger as it stands over his chest, sniffing and growling slowly at Nick.

Kevin stands still as the other watch along in anxiety, hoping they can distract the tiger away from Nick.

Nick starts panting in fear as the tiger leans near his face, sniffing his forehead extending its large rough tongue across his nose and cheek. Nick gasps, shivering softly as he looks over at the others watching in shock.

The tiger sits down on his chest, placing its large paws near Nick’s quivering lips.

“Not to sound funny at this moment, but I think the tiger likes Nick…” Arianna smiles, getting a few chuckles from the others behind her.

Coral tilts her head and smiles: “I think you’re right.”

The group watches the tiger place its head near Nick’s lips as it begins humping the man’s chest. Nick’s eyes shot open as the group howls out in laughter, the tiger seemingly too busy to bother with the noise continue to hump his chest.

Arianna falls back into Howie as they laugh at the situation.

“So this entire time the tiger has been sexually frustrated and it took it out on Nick.” A.J. breaks into a laughter as the tiger begins grinding up on Nick’s chest. Nick in disgust, glares at the men.

“Get this thing off me now!” Nick growls out as the tiger purrs, rubbing its wet bottom across the front of his t-shirt.

Kevin laughs and tries to relax as he approaches Nick, pushing the tiger away.

The tiger snaps and almost lunges at Kevin’s hand nut continues rubbing across Nick’s chest.

“Ummm dude you better help that tiger out and let it get an orgasm already so we can move on.” A.J. smirks as the others break into another round of laughter.

Nick growls out: “This crap ain’t funny! Get it off me! Get it off me!”

“It’s ok Nick, just let the tiger finish off and you can move on.” Brian smiles receiving a death glare from Nick. Kevin backs away from the tiger caught in its passion as Nick whines out in fear, shivering from the large beast upon him.

“Beasttality.” A.J. jokes out sending the group into another round of laughter as Kevin smiles and shakes his head.

“That’s enough guys. We need to help Nick out.” Kevin approaches the tiger again.

“Nick’s doing just fine, the tiger got it all covered.” A.J. smiles as Howie pushes past him to help Nick out.

Coral watches and pokes Arianna on the side as they softly giggle making them for a moment to forget the trauma they’re involved in.

The tiger roar and leans back near Nick’s chin, purring loudly as A.J. cracks up laughing: “Wow Nick made the tiger come.”

Arianna joins in the laughter and snorts: “Ewww you can smell it on him too now.”

“Ewww…Nick smells like…like I’m not sure.” Coral whispers, sniffing the atmosphere twitching her nose to stench.

Arianna smirks, gazing at Coral: “Hehe, I know what it smells like.”

“What?” Brian asks.

Arianna beams proudly: “Fish crotch!”

The statement causes another round of laughter from the men as well as Howie and Kevin brush away the tiger who seemed more calm and less tense. Kevin grabs Nick’s arm as Howie grabs the other arm and pull him away from the tiger that seemed to growl and sit there glaring at them. Nick stands and sniffs his shirt in disgust: “EWWWW! EWWWW…I need another shirt! I can’t walk around in this. Yuck!”

“Dude just be lucky that’s not your blood on there and you’re still breathing ok?” Howie states concerned as he gulps and points back to the hallway where Vincent had led them. “I think we should go back.”

“What?! Are you kidding me? NO! He tried to kill us sending us the animal and you think he’ll be glad to see us again!” Brian calls out, “No…that’s a bad idea.”

“You sure about that Brian?” Howie whispers out, as the sound of on coming zombies break the quiet surroundings.

Nick mutters a curse and starts heading back down the hallway where the tiger had chased him as the tiger simply sits there, licking the blood of it, fascinated with the crimson liquid spattered on its fur.

The others gulps, gazing at the tiger as they quickly walk pass the tiger down the hall to where Vincent had stood before hand. Coral gulps, seeing that Vincent had already left the area and sighs, reaching the same spot.

“Great now what?” A.J. sighs, eyeing Arianna curiously.

“We keep walking that’s what.” Arianna states: taking lead and heads to down the hallway into the dark shadows.

“I don’t think that’s a good idea.” Kevin murmurs out.

“Well do you have a better idea, cause if not, then we’re going.” Coral frowns, following behind Arianna as Howie follows along too.

“Do we have a choice?” A.J. groans out.

“Yeah you do. You could stay here when the tiger realizes it’s hungry and starts hunting for its food.” Howie retorts, rolling his eyes as follows behind Arianna down the dark dimming hallway.

A.J. glares at the man and growls out: “I should sic the tiger on you and see what it does to you, you son of a…”

Kevin cuts him off “Shut up and move, we don’t have time for petty arguments.” and shoves A.J. to follow the others as Nick follows along. Brian sighs and looks back to see a dead corpse shake and wobble, sending him to run to the front of the group. Arianna sighs, knowing when she finds Vincent, he will personally pay and she couldn’t wait to track him down again, her heart ached for vengeance and it will be satisfied.
~**~

**~To Be Continued…~**