- Text Size +
“Chronicles of the Eclipses”

**~Signs of Death~**

She glares around the dark hallways, her light eyes scanning around the area. “There’s a fork in the hallway. I’m heading to the right, Co…Connie you go down the right, I’ll take the left.”

Kevin narrows his eyes and snorts: “I don’t either of you women or him.” He indicates to Howie who simply shrugs his shoulders.

Arianna growls out, latching her arm around Coral, whispering into her ear: “Take the men and get them out of here. I’m tired of this hell hole. Howie will come with me.”

“Are you crazy?!” Coral squeaks out: “No! no we all leave now. I can’t wait around you searching for whomever.”

“I can get to the leader, he seems to have a fascination with me, if I can get him to trust and open up, I can get rid of him right there.”

“You can’t kill him?!” Coral hisses out: “He’s a wanted man, his case should be taken to the court and prove his guilt right there the proper way.”

Arianna growls out, clutching Coral’s shoulders: “Listen to me! He tried to kill us sending us out there to ‘deliver’ some stuff. We have to get him, he should die now, why bother the judicial system with him when we all know what should happen to him…He deserves death for not only endangering us but the innocent as well. He’s the ring leader to this whole mess girl! Don’t you get it?”

Coral gulps, gently nodding her head: “So that’s it then. You head out for him and take the guys out?”

“Yeah…you should load up though.”

Kevin hears a small part of their conversation and smiles, a look of relief showing on his face. “Michael nice nickname Howie.”

Howie smiles: “I’m keeping my word Kev. You have family waiting for you.”

Nick steps towards the women as a thought crosses him: “OK wait…so hold up. You mean to tell me you all are set in this or something?”

A.J. smiles, “Nicky, they’re undercover.”

Arianna gulps, surprised by how the men managed to figure that data out. “Why? I hope you’re not embarrassed being saved by two women.”

A.J. grins, shaking his head: “Not at all. I kinda like it.”

Brian groans: “Ohh A.J. man that sounded so wrong.”

Nick and Kevin softly laugh as Howie and Arianna begin their descent down the left dimming hallway as Coral gulps watching them.

“Wait!” She calls out.

Arianna turns around: “Hmmm?”

“Good luck.” Coral whispers out happily as she waves them off, taking the men down the opposite hallway to the right.
~*~

Arianna sighs, glaring at Howie who seemed lost in thought.

“I’m sorry ok.”

“Sorry isn’t good enough!” Arianna hisses out.

Howie stops, holding her arm so she would stop: “I didn’t know getting into this place was gonna be like this ok. This is big risk Ari. The fact we can get caught or killed are too high of a risk. And now Vincent finding out about my name this can’t be good at all. We need to leave this case and pass it the CIA, we can’t do this anymore.”

“This is our case! Yours! Dammit you said you could crack this case and we found the leader, why do you wanna back away from it all when we’re this close.” Arianna growls out, yanking her arm away.

“You know what, no. You’re not going to find Vincent. Ari, he’s the freaking walking dead himself, you can’t kill what’s dead already! This is some freaky hell port raising the dead. We need to leave now before we die to!”

Arianna shakes her head: “No, I’m going! You go with the others them, but I’m determine to find this Vincent and make him pay.”

“You can’t. You’re not superwoman. Ari, he could snap your neck with will before you’re ready. Don’t try this stuff, you don’t know what you’re dealing with.”

“That’s like telling not to touch the hot fire but I do it anyway. I prefer the challenge and pain isn’t a concept I learned when training to join for the academy to become a police officer. Now let me go. I have a job to do and I intend to fulfill it.” Arianna whispers, tugging her arm away as she runs down the dim lit hallway disappearing from Howie’s view as he sighs worriedly.

“Always was the one to do the opposite of things Ari.” Howie murmurs out: walking back down the hall to catch up to the other group.
~*~

A.J. glares at Howie approaching them, feeling his eyes roll at the sight of the man. Coral walks slowly down the dark hallway, the only sound were her light footsteps and breathing.

Howie brushes past A.J. to reach Coral when A.J. growls and leaps on Howie, slamming him down on the hard metal tiles. “I should shut you up once and for all.” A.J. rasps out, his hands pressed firmly across Howie’s throat, clutching his windpipe tightly.

Kevin growls and pushes A.J. off the man as a surprised and stunned Howie watch the events occurring. “Sorry about that man. I don’t know what got into A.J.”

A.J. stumbles back, glaring at Howie as he flips Coral off: “Who the hell are you people? Why should I trust any of you here, you all seem to be disguise, I mean what the hell is this, some game of trust. Well I don’t trust you Connie! And most definitely not this Michael or Howie or whatever the hell is your name anyway?”

Brian gulps, nudging Nick as he whispers out: “I’m thinking he’s jealous.”

A.J. picking up on that conversation: turns out and smirks mockingly cursing softly. “I’m not jealous of him. I just can’t stand him that’s all. I wanna take that cocky expression off his face so he can shut up about wanting to help. He hasn’t helped us in anyway.”

Kevin tenses up, glancing over at Coral embarrassed.

“Don’t worry about it.” She whispers out, patting his arm as they watch the fury between the two men.

“Should we leave them here and go on?” Nick mutters, drumming his fingers on his jean pockets.

The others all quieted down as they look over at Nick with a smile on their faces.

“What?”

The group breaks into a nervous laugh as they all begin their way back down the hallway, not noting that something out there was already out searching for them.
~*~

She finds an arc dusty iron clad door sealed at the end of the hallway as she pounds on it, hoping to find a way closer to the leader. The door creaks open, slowly sliding in as Vincent’s dark eyes cut at her. Surprised, Vincent smirks getting ready to slam the door on her face.

“Whoa wait! I got lost from the group and I just found this door Can’t I stay with you? There are things out there that want my head. The place where we were sent looked empty and zombies invaded it. I don’t understand what’s going on.” She pretends to sound worry and anxious, not letting her anger be found in her.

Vincent smirks, gazing around behind to note it was just here and he slides the door open more, allowing entrance to her.

She steps in quickly as he slams the heavy door shut, turning to look at her. His deep bass voice rings out in the small vacant room they were in. Besides the solid black tiles beneath them and the white dirty walls, there was nothing else in there besides them.

“Than..thanks.”

“You’re welcome. I was expecting this to be a trick of your friend Howie as he is named. I don’t know what to do to him besides make him suffer. And you…you of all people will be the witness to that. Maybe I can use you and your little girlfriend after all.” Vincent smirks, eyeing her closely.

Arianna fakes a smile, gazing around the strange windows covered in a form of glass almost plastic bubble type material staring at the basement balcony outside of the room. Arianna gulps as the moaning and howling of the walking deceased roam around outside of the room waiting for flesh to dine upon.

“I’m sure you’re wondering what to do with those creatures out there. I’ll show you a safe passage out of here if you can prove to me you can kill off those creatures out there.” Vincent smiles, tossing loaded magnum to her.

“Excuse me?! You want me to go out there and kill those things while you’re relaxing safe and sound in this room?” She whispers out nervously, catching the magnum gracefully in her hands.

“Yes, is that a problem?” Vincent cockily asks, smiling seductively at her as she faintly blushes cursing herself for gazing at the handsome man so much. “I’ll stay here until you can clear that area out. The chamber has twelve bullets, if you run out you better hope you can outrun them back here.”

Arianna scoffs, being lead to the exit of the room and stepping into the balcony crawling with zombies moaning for her fresh flesh. Gulping, she begins to aim, walking away from the room, shooting off a quick round instinctively: killing off the loitering zombies on the large gritted platform as they groan and fall over the railing. She gulps, stepping back into the room to see Vincent lighting up a cigar as he gazes at her surprised and amazed she just pulled that off. “How did you…?”

Arianna simply smiles: “Sometimes I work well under pressure.” And she stands before him, taking the cigar out of his mouth and placing it in her as she blows out a puff of smoke into his face. “I did my part. Now you have to do yours.”

Vincent watches amazed, smiling as he nods and leads her to a secret passage hidden within the walls of the room.

Arianna smiles and drops the cigar on the ground, stepping on it to take out the smoke as she follows behind Vincent to the secret exit.
~**~

**~To Be Continued…~**