- Text Size +
“The Chronicles of the Eclipses”

**~The Return of Armerian~**

She makes her down the dark room blindly as Vincent had ran off leaving her alone. The horrid screams replayed in her head as she blinks her eyes closed for a second recalling the tormenting images of the men killed not that long ago. Shivering, her hands grip the door handle as a rancid smell floats past her. Choking down the foul scent, she tries to rummage for the door handle realizing she was stuck. ‘Damn…no…That bastard…’ She grumbles out feeling wet sickeningly fingers slide down her bare arm.

Gasping out in disgust, she knees the creature, hoping to have hurt it or at least hit it in the process. Slamming against the door, she pulls on the metal latch, pounding on it in hopes that the door would open. She gulps as the hissing of the zombies in the room filter around her as she pulls out her pistol and starts shooting in the dark. One bullet whizzes past one of the creatures shattering the glass pane windows aligning the room. She gulps as the moans of the zombies vibrated off the walls as she quietly exhales, looking around for any form of escape. Narrowing her eyes, she curses and flings a fist into the dark room, hitting nothing but air. Snorting, she leans back against the door waiting for one of the zombies to touch her so she can break its neck in glee.
~*~

The cold breeze brushes past his cheeks as he walks around the perimeter of the building, the only sound was his soft breathing and gentle thuds of his boots as he walks. Armerian smiles, taking in the silence around him in the dark. Narrowing his eyes, he reaches into the shadows of the building pulling out Vincent and slamming the man against the wall.

“Boo.” Armerian whispers, eyeing the man before him, pinning him up against the building’s wall.

Vincent exhales, eyeing him nervously.

“This better be good news you’re reporting to me.” Armerian hisses out, his deep bass voice sending shivers down Vincent’s back.

Vincent gulps and eyes the taller man with a slight grin, “As it should be. They are all woken and are going after the new initiates as we speak.”

“Excellent. However…you disappoint me Vincent.” Armerian growls out: his burning blue within blue color eyes glare at the man taking him in.

“Please sir…I did as followed.”

“I know you did and you even made the decision of accepting the two women in. I must say you surprised me. Maybe when I made you…I forgot how pathetic and passionate you can be to humans.” Armerian lashes out, gripping Vincent’s neck tightly slowly rising him with one hand. Vincent struggles against the grip, swinging his legs around in the air as Armerian glares at him.

“I made you…and now I can kill you if I want. You did what you wanted allowing those women in because you seem to have a fascination with them…but I believe that is your weakness even in your death.” Armerian whispers holding the man in his grip as he laughs. “And what a pity too…that I made you out of my own DNA…but maybe this world isn’t ready for another me. At least I tried.” Armerian rasps out, breaking the man’s neck quickly with a turn of his hands. The cracking sending pleasant shivers down his spine as he cackles out a laughter that was evoked from the death of the man/zombie.

“Pathetic humans. They don’t know what they got themselves into.” Armerian whispers, running a hand over his shaven tan scalp, the wind prickling his exposed tan muscular chest as he tugs on the black cloak, the boots scraping against the cement as he heads back inside to take control of the mess that was created with the zombies.
~*~

They inch closer to the dimming hallway to see an iron door being pounded on from the inside.

“Some…someone’s in there.” Nick whispers out in fear as A.J. snorts.

“Thanks for the obvious man.” A.J retorts as Kevin glares at them watching the iron door cautiously.

Howie leans his ear against the door as he steps back wondering what monsters could be lying behind in that hidden door. Juggling the metal handle of the door, he manages to jerk the automatic lock of the door open allowing the door to now be opened. Pulling it open slowly, Howie feels a body fling towards the crack of the door slamming him to the ground as he struggles against the grip against his neck.

“Whoa…wait!” Brian yells out pulling the body off Howie who struggles and gasps for air, touching his neck tenderly.

Blinking, Arianna stands up and glances around hearing the familiar voices. “Oh my God! You guys! I thought I lost ya!”

“Ana?”

“Connie!” The golden haired woman bounded over to the petite cinnamon colored haired woman, tackling her playfully in a warm greeting as she grins around to the dark shadows of the familiar people. “Geez guys, you have no idea what I saw and went through. You owe me big time! By the way…this entire place is infested with zombies. If we’re gonna get out of here, I say trying the north end of the building. I saw a map and that’s the best exit out of this hell hole.”

“Do you have the map with ya?” Kevin whispers out.

Howie blinks and looks over at Arianna with relief embracing her tightly as she giggles.

“Well no. I saw the map on one of the screen in that room I just got out of. But its not working now I had to use to slam a zombie head through it. Sorry…it was for survival and I think my life is more important that that map don’t ya think?” She grins sheepishly, tying up her golden tresses as Coral chuckles gently.

“Yeah…just glad we’re all together. So north you said right?” Brian inquires as Kevin nods and directs the group back down the hallway. The soft moaning of the dead echoed down the barely lit hallway as they ease their way back down.

Sighing, Arianna glances over at A.J. who seems a bit off, paling as he grips his ankle coughing.

“Uhhh dude you ok?” Arianna kneels down, touching his wounded ankle.

“Uh yeah yeah…I’m fine.” He brushes her hands away from his roughly as he stands up straight and gazes up to the see the rest of the group eyeing him wearily. “I’m fine guys.”

Arianna raises her eyebrows and eyes the others hoping someone will fill her in. “What’s going on?”

“Its nothing for you to worry about. Let’s just go and find the exit already.” Kevin blurts out, glancing at A.J. sadly.

Arianna frowns, “Connie what happened to him.”

“Didn’t you hear what he said, don’t worry about it.” A.J. rants out, walking past her glaring at the others.

“If you’re hurt, it’s a reason for me to worry.” Arianna echoes out, glaring at the man.

“Listen lady. Why don’t you go f…”A.J. gets cut off at the sound of the ground trembling loudly beneath them.

“Ok…that’s not a good thing now is it?” Howie murmurs out as he stumbles against the wall, holding onto it.

“Probably not…” Coral whispers out eyeing A.J. who coughs roughly and causally runs a hand through his hair.

Arianna gazes at A.J. curiously, her eyes glued to the sudden ill man. “You got bitten didn’t you?” She rasps out, her eyes penetrating him.

Coral gently eases Arianna away from him whispering: “Shhh…not now.”

“What do you mean not now?!” She barks out, “If he’s turning into one of them we can’t go with him. I’m not risking my life for him.”

“He isn’t one of them.” Kevin sternly states, overhearing the conversation.

“Yeah well, look at him. The longer the bite remains on him, the more it’s going into him and changing him. Personally I like living. I don’t know about you.” Arianna glances over at him.

“He can be saved…right? I won’t let him change.” Brian whispers out, “He didn’t ask for this. None of us did. We could try saving him.”

Arianna exhales, “Fine, he can travel with us for now. But the moment I feel threatened with his presence as he’s changing more I call for leaving his zombie self behind.”

Coral sighs, “Kinda wish it was the fish crotch scent we had to deal with rather than this.”

Arianna grins at the comment and nods, “I hear ya girl. Well let’s go, the longer we wait around the worse he’ll get.” And with that she heads out running down the hallway to take the staircase heading up to the northern wing of the building.

A.J. gulps, breaking out in a faint scent, “I…I don’t wanna die guys.”

“You won’t. Don’t let want she said get to ya.” Howie mumbles, gazing over at Arianna who wore a smug expression across her plump lips.

Nick helps A.J. and leads him down the hallway with Brian on the other side as Howie and Kevin catch up to Arianna.

Coral gazes over at A.J. and smiles sadly, “She didn’t mean it that way. We’re all just freaked out you know.”

“Gee no sweat off my back. This stuff happens to me all the time, nothing to worry ‘bout.” A.J. snorts out, softy limping as the others snicker gently.

Arianna ascends a row of stairs quickly with the others following closely behind and reaches the top floor of the building, a beam of sunlight breaking into the open black grate above them.

Kevin smiles: “Well look at that. The sun…we’re almost out of here.”

“Yes, dude let’s get up there and leave this place.” Nick quirks out, beaming as he jumps up with Kevin’s help to reach the top of the grate.

“You got it?” Brian calls out, eyeing A.J. nervously.

Nick grips the black grate in his hands, nodding, “Yeah, though its gonna be hell to pull this off.”

“Just try, I’ll pull ya along with it, if not we’ll find something to loosen the nails up.” Kevin speaks up, looking up at Nick holding onto the grate.

Coral glances over at Arianna who smiles and winks at her as she tilts her head to eye A.J. who was paling and leaning against the side of the wall breaking into a faint sweat.

“You know, never in a million years would I have thought that the dead can arise again. Movies are one thing, but reality is a whole new set of rules.” Coral whispers out, shaking her head, concerned over the health of A.J.

Arianna goes over to the wounded man and checks out the bite, seeing his flesh bubble and burn at the bite mark. “He only has a limited time. His body is trying to fight off the infection but its not doing a good job.”

Coral gulps as Howie shakes his head frowning. “So what are we suppose to do?”

“Go after the main guy.” Howie whispers out.

“Vincent?” Arianna rolls her eyes, anger burning inside of her at the thought of him.

“No. He’s not the leader of the group. Armerian is.” Coral whispers out as Brian nods.

“Hold up…now that I think about it. We all saw Armerian a while back before Vincent came for us.” Brian thinks out loud, his eyes open in shock at the sudden thought of the man. “Vincent is a replica of Armerian. I remember seeing Armerian when we first entered here!”

“Who wait, there’s another one of those bastards around here?” Arianna raises her light eyebrows getting agitated with the concept of more than one troublemaker.

Howie blinks and nods, “He’s right. Vincent’s identify is the same as Armerian except something is very different.”

“Like what? And where do we find the pain in my…” Arianna speaks out but is cut off at the loud rumbling around them, the solid metal walls slowly sliding towards them on either side.

“Oh damn!” Kevin yells out as Nick unsuccessfully yanks at the closed grate above them.

Nick gulps and quickly pounds and pulling harder on the grate as panic starts to take over.

The walls inch closer to each other as the group scrambles away from the coming walls. The metal walls squeak and stop a few feet from them leaving room enough for all of them to stand in a straight line with no other space left.

Coral gulps and looks around, waiting for their fate to end. A fear of death swipes down her spine as she shivers, closing her eyes. Arianna places her arms out from her side touching the walls on either side of her as she watches Nick give one final tug before the grate gives in and falls on him.

Nick yells and leaps off Kevin as the metal grate crashes down on the ground before them.

Kevin exhales slowly, looking up at the beaming warm sunlight that seemed to conflict with the dark world they were in. “He did it…he freaking got the grate out.” He whispers happily.

Brian snickers and eyes the open area above them, “Well let’s go then. What are we waiting for.”

Kevin nods and helps Brian, lifting the smaller man to the opening above them. Brian grips the sides of the open grate and lifts himself out of it to be standing at the roof of the building they’re in. Laughing joyfully, Brian beams down stretching out his hand waiting to help the next person out.

Coral exhales happily and pushes A.J. towards Kevin who quickly lifts the wounded man up to the open square hole above them to join Brian. Once he was up, the others quickly lined up and each reached the top until Kevin was left and was helped out by Nick pulling him up. Now all out on the roof raise their heads to the beautiful glowing sunlight that splashed down on them warmly, welcoming them back to the world of the living.

“Man I never knew how much I missed being outside until now.” Howie smiles softly as A.J. nods looking around.

“Tell me about it.” A.J. rasps out, his eyes traveling over to a shadow figure that stepped out, the man’s familiar features and burning blue against blue eyes pierce straight at them strongly as he smiles.

“Ah man…” Nick frowns watching Armerian gleam happily.

“Well look at you all. You all managed to find the access of the escape route here. That’s quite impressive even if you all have the same fate waiting for you.” Armerian smiles, the black cloak bellows around him as a soft warm breeze picks up speed around them.

Kevin narrows his eyes and gazes down at the ground feeling Armerian cut a glare at him.

“I knew you couldn’t be trusted Kevin.” Armerian deeply whispers out harshly. “I figured seeing these men would make you want freedom again and I was right now wasn’t I?”

Kevin remains silent glancing over at A.J. who winces and drops to his knees in pain, moaning out in agony as he coughs deeply. The others watch in fear and pity as Armerian laughs confidently.

“My plan was ruined halfway…You all should have been in the same state this man is now.” He refers to A.J. who was quaking and folding his arms across his chest painfully.

“Make him better. Take me if you must. But let them all go.” Kevin whispers out.

Armerian shakes his head, chuckling gently: “Well if I did that then where’s the fun in that?”

“Help him please!” Coral breaks out, watching A.J. pale a deathly color as he gasps for air.

“No. He’s dying and I plan on seeing that through. As for the rest of you…” Armerian raises his hands towards the sunny sky as the building and ground begins to shake violently causing the group to sway and find balance.

A herd of zombies are heard nearby as they appear on the roof and race towards them stumbling and moaning out for their live flesh.

Brian chokes out: “This is it. This is the end.”

“No! I won’t let that happen!” Kevin struggles to stand up as Coral and Arianna pull out their small pistols shooting at the zombies that were inches from touching them.

Howie and Nick hold onto their pistols shakily firing off at the zombies surrounding them as A.J. remained untouched or unscathed from the rotting victims. Crawling to the side of the roof to rest, A.J. sighs and breaths heavily eyeing Armerian.

Kevin in his anger, runs past the raging zombies and reaches Armerian. Pulling out a pistol clutched tightly in his hand, Kevin raises it aiming directly at the center of Armerian’s forehead.

“You’re brave when you want to be. But its too late for that now.”

Brian runs over to the A.J. helping the man up as the moans and clawing of the zombies surround him. A.J. narrows his eyes spotting something covered in the dark shadows in the corner of the roof to his left side. “Dude…there’s a box over there.”

“What? Where?” Brian’s sapphire orbs follow A.J.’s gaze.

Suddenly an idea hits A.J. as he glances at the others shooting off the zombies. “That’s pandora’s box.”

“The drugs. So?”

“No…no dude, I just got it! The concept of Pandora’s box, you know the story behind it right? Well if its open wouldn’t something good happen cause damn we’re already stuck in the worst scenario.” A.J. grunts out, wincing as an electric pain zaps down his spine.

Nick ducks in utter disgust as a zombie’s arm flies off with the bullet. “Michael errr Howie…I only got like three bullets left man.”

“Well make the most of it.” Howie backs away, dodging a grab from one of the zombies and kneeing one behind him.

Coral and Arianna shoot off some more zombies almost cleared out a large group of them when Kevin yells and pulls the trigger.

Armerian laughs as the bullet strikes him in the dead center of his forehead, a small hole erupted from the hit as a trail of blood oozes its way down slowly.

Arianna snorts and watches the leader flash his bright blue within blue eyes at Kevin laughing as he slams Kevin to the ground on his back.

Coral gasps watching as she closes her eyes in hopes the man was not dead from the impact.

A.J. and Brian gaze at the others and both their pair of eyes trail back to the hidden object in the corner to their left. Coral picking up on it, runs to the shadows grabbing the small cube in her hands and bringing it over to Brian and A.J. ‘These are just drugs…I had to deliver one of these to someone for my initiation.”

A.J. clutches his chest, shaking his head: “Look there’s something cryptic written on it. This box is different. It can’t be the drugs, cause why hide it away?”

Arianna steps to them, curiosity egging her to open the box. “Well only one way to find out right?” She jumps at the sound of zombies grabbing Nick and Howie as Kevin screamed out in pain from Armerian slashing him on the side.

“Oh God, I don’t care anymore, open the box!” Coral cries out, handing her partner the antique box.

Arianna takes the object in her hand and slowly turns the designs embroidered on it until it clicked open. At the sound of the click, Armerian hisses out to her and lashes out to her, quickly bounding over to her and yanking the box away from her shaking hands. Pushing her roughly, she lands on her back sliding back in pain as she struggles to get up and moans out.

Armerian frowns to see the small antique box now able to be open but places his hands over the top cover so as not to open it. “You fools…you don’t know what you’re doing. I have the power now. You’re all gonna die for that now!” He roars out as a new group of zombies appeared out of nowhere on the roof and stumbles their way to the living flesh of the group.

Nick and Howie groan out beating away the zombies but frown to see the new group already approaching them.

Coral, Arianna, Brian and A.J. watch the zombies and the box that could have ended this ordeal if it wasn’t in the hands of the wrong person.

Chuckling softly, Armerian smiles, watching the scene unfold as Kevin grips his bleeding side, quivering under the intense pain.
~**~

**~To Be Continued…~**