- Text Size +
“The Chronicles of the Eclipses”


“What do we have to fear but fear itself?” –Former president Theodore Roosevelt


**~The Unleashed~**

He slowly sits up, gasping as a flood of pain reminds him of his recent agony. Gulping in a fresh batch of oxygen, he groans out and swiftly swipes his leg across Amerian causing the man to stumble and topple close to the edge of the building.

Brian looks over at A.J. who already had a smug expression on his face, the idea hitting them both as they bolt towards Amerian who was at the moment pre-occupied with Kevin.

“You Fool! What did you think you were doing? Trying to stop me?!” Amerian shouts out to the raven haired wounded man still struggling to stand up.

“Sure, why not? You need to change this! This isn’t normal!” Kevin shouts out, indicting to the on coming zombies surrounding the entire group.

Amerian snorts, rising the box in his hands as he laughs quickly turning the tiny golden dial to the numbers that will unlock the box and release what ever it was inside.

Nick and Howie stand watching as the zombies surrounding them seemed to have stalled and hisses out chanting remarks to them.

Arianna and Coral watch on as Brian and A.J. sneak up on the distracted man and with a sudden burst of energy and strength both shove the man over the edge of the building. Amerian blinks as he feels himself lose balance and flip over the ledge of the building falling stories down to his death leaving the small Pandora’s box on the ledge shaking around. Kevin watches as Amerian slams to the ground yards below them on the ground in a splat, killing him instantly. Kevin crinkles his nose in disgust turning to the others.

“It’s over.” He whispers out hearing a sigh of relief coming from the others.

“Are you sure?” Coral asks nervously. “The last we need is for him to make another appearance.”

Kevin looks over the edge of the building, his eyes scanning the corpse mutilated and crushed from the impact and smiles. “Yeah…I’m sure. There’s no way he’ll come back. That was his debut but he isn’t planning a second coming.”

Gulping, Brian looks over to the others as Arianna bolts down and grabs the small box in her hands. Coral exhales, her eyes trained on Arianna who giggles opening the box.

“There’s gotta be something about this box…” Arianna whispers out, eyeing it curiously.

Kevin gasps and backs away, “What are you doing?! Close it!”

Arianna shakes her head, the tension in the air beginning to thicken at the thought of the hindering gift that would be unleashed. Everyone’s eyes watch the small shaking box, Arianna’s hands quivering from the vibrations sent off. Suddenly the ground begins to shake violently causing them all to stumble back and trip, each falling over someone or something- the zombies. The creatures screech out at the opening of the box covering their ears while from the tiny box a white mist rises up and covers the air above them making it nearly almost impossible to view anything around them.

“Dammit, I can’t see.” Nick murmurs out, sitting up from the ground, leaning on his elbows.

“Thanks Captain Obvious.” Brian whispers out, his arms shivering, watching the screaming zombies around them.

Coral gasps as the white mist covers the zombies slowly melting them, ending their final reign on earth once and for all. Her eyes never left the rendering image of the decaying green, gray matted and blooded flesh slide off the withering cracked yellow bones.

Howie watches in horror along with Brian and A.J. at the destruction of the zombies until there were no more. At once the ground stops shaking and the white mist immediately is drawn back into the box once more, leaving them with the bloodied corpses as their greeting.

“Ah crap…this is sick.” Brian frowns, covering his nose at the distinguished foul odor of rotting bodies around him.

Howie softly gags, his warm chocolate eyes scan the area, exhaling: “So its over…this really is the end of this gang right?”

Kevin nods: “Yeah…we…saved the others. Any guy that was stuck here and still living can get their lives back…we did a big thing today guys.” He whispers out, letting the thought of freedom capture him for a moment, his heart pumping excitedly. He could feel a small smile trace his lips as he lets out a cheer.

Dropping to his knees, Brian cheers along clapping happily while Nick and A.J. stand up and hug each other quickly shouting out “freedom.”

Kevin looks over at Howie and smiles: “Thank you…thank you all...I get to see my family again.”

“Told you I was gonna get you out.” Howie whispers, hugging the man. Kevin smiles and looks at the women quietly watching the scenery: both trying to take in what they both saw.

“Arianna…I heard about you.” Kevin whispers out, a smile crossing his face.

A small smug expression crossed the young woman’s snowy cheeks: “Well I hope it was good things at that.”

“Oh it was. But I’m lucky that Howie has a great partner with him. I don’t know if he could have done it without your help. If it wasn’t for your bravery, I think we would all be one of those things at this point. So Arianna…Connie…”

“Coral.” Coral whispers out, a small grin crosses her face as she corrects the man.

“Oh yes, Coral. Both of you for going through what you both did. You risked your lives for us and I won’t forget that.” Kevin gracefully states.

“Not a problem…” Coral responds smiling as Arianna and Howie cross over to each other to embrace each other. Tears fill the bluish green eyes, passing its wavering path down Arianna’s cheeks, burying her head in the crook of the man’s neck. Their arms wrapped around each other tightly, holding each other both afraid of losing contact for sudden loss they had endured during the troubling times.

Wiping away a tear, Arianna looks over at Coral with a questioning stare, her eyes hinting at the idea of acceptance for them to be together.

Coral grins, her eyes twinkling in the late evening nodding her head in agreement to the new couple before her. She knew there was something more those two needed and it was each other. They balanced each other out and like air they needed one another to survive.

Nick eyes Coral and smirks, “Ummm…You know I’m single at the moment.” He raises his eyebrows in a silly manner hoping to cheer the woman up.

Laughing, Coral nods and looks at the rest of them. “Thanks Nick, I’ll look into that shortly.”

Smiling, Arianna giggles still wrapped around Howie’s embrace: “You didn’t use the cell.”

“Yeah, didn’t have time to and besides we were underground the majority of the time so I got no frequency.” Coral eyes the cell phone tucked under her shirt clipped to a belt.

“Well I don’t know about ya, but I’m leaving this building finally. I have people to do and places to see.” A.J. retorts out with a grin as the others softly chuckle. “So without further adu. I’m out of here. Peace.” And he walks over to the roof door going down the stairs and reaching the bottom floor exiting out. He walks pass the decrypted corpse of Amerian as the others soon follow behind him.

“Man he’s a nasty son of a…” A.J. stops when a row of police cars align the block, a rush of cops racing towards them and around the building.

One of the cops stop before Howie and smile: “You’re ok man! I thought something had happened with you!”

“Nope…I’m good and Kevin is back too.”

The cop gasps and eyes Kevin: “Whoooa, I heard about you! Your wife will flip when she hears this news! Welcome back!”

“Glad to be back.” Kevin smiles, wiping away a trail of blood that had immersed from the battle above.

Another cop stops before the two women and smiles: “You girls are crazy. Did you know what you did was insane and could have gotten you both killed?”

“Yeah that’s why we opted for it.” Arianna beams, brushing back a tangled strand of honey colored hair behind her ear.

Coral giggling, nods and sighs. “Wonder if I right this down will it be a bestseller?”

Howie snorts: “It better, after all the hell we all went through.”

“Dude I can honestly say if you wrote a book on that, I would be the first to buy it.” A.J. exclaims as the paramedics arrive checking the men over carefully.

Exhaling happily, Coral places an arm around Arianna’s broad ones: “Job well done. I saw we get a nice vacation for this now.”

“Ditto. I need to get away from this all and sit by a pool being feed grapes by hot sweaty men in speedos fanning me.” Arianna smirks, glancing over at Howie who rolled his eyes at the comment.

Coral smiles and sees the arriving officer watching them all. “My Lord you’re all crazy for going undercover like that. You had us all panicking if you all made it out alive.”

“Well we have to cause then who would tell our story right?” Coral states, the soft cool breeze sweep down over all of them in a friendly manner as they all gather around the paramedics to get their wounds cleaned off.
~*~


-October 9th, 2003

It is done. Whatever existed of the actual gang of the Eclipses is over. We found the emerging secret and actual source of drugs. It was more than just a regular drug base gang you read about or see on the news all the time. This gang functioned on the source of life. In the rebirth or rather resurrection of the actual dead being. You can call it a zombie or the undead, whatever the case it does exist. I have seen it and touched it. With my own eyes witnessed the horror that they evoke and how persistent they are when met with a challenge. I have seen the destruction of lives around me and how the gang can tear one’s emotions off.

I was to go undercover and maintain my identity a secret until the leader of the group Vincent or what we thought who was the leader caught onto us. He along with the other leader of the group are both dead at the moment as I write this. I found out Vincent himself was a replica of the actual Amerian himself! Somehow a sample test of dna proved this point valid. Why have two of yourselves? It is simple: to be able to create more and do more than you would alone. Why count on a stranger when you can create yourself and know what you are capable of already. All of this may come as some subdue victim on medication but I was not the only one to witness and see the insanity around me. Call me crazy if you must, but I have seen things only people could only imagine.

Evil exist around us…everywhere. Without it you would know no sense of good or innocence. Without the tyranny of such evil we would not be grateful for the sweetest things in life like taking a deep breath of freedom, like being able to walk wherever you can without being restricted to stay within limitations. Life…another reason for being grateful, you don’t know what you got until you see those around you lose the life they once had. Staying with four different men all who were already in the hands of the Eclipses, I saw their lives, their hopes, their dreams begin to vanish. Perhaps this what Amerian the leader of the gang wanted. Perhaps he thought if he can get his victims to this point that they would fall down and follow him. And I almost thought they would too. The tasks given to all of us, was something words cannot describe. From the point of the initiation to the last exit of hope of freedom in the end, they changed...from the lost survivors of dread to better people.

So what was the actual Pandora box: yes it was a combination of the potent of drugs, but along there, there was an actual Pandora’s box. One similar to the original one we all read in stories. However, this box was filled with hope. This box was my savior, all of the survivors savior, which would make it extremely powerful to the one holding it. Now I understand why it was so protected and why Amerian did not want us to gain access to it. It was the one thing that destroyed him and his gang. That box was the ruin of him and he knew it.

So you wonder what happened to these four men right? One of them: Kevin belonged to the police unit of Florida’s precinct. He is back with his wife and back in the precinct working harder than ever to stop gangs like this from ever forming and he’s doing a great job at it at the moment.

One of the other men: Nick, got his life back and is living peacefully within the state himself, enjoying what life has to offer. I heard whispers of him tapering off into music, so who knows how that will end.

Another one of the men: Alex as he was called to those close around him- is slowly getting his life back and has been doing some acting on the side. He is healthy and well and for that I’m grateful for.

As for Brian: well he is with his family and child. I have not one day stopped getting thank you cards from him, he is truly grateful for what I helped do. Freedom is something that when is given is the most prized possession one can have.

Now this leads me to the last of the men: making him the fifth not mentioned until now. Mister Dorough: one of Florida’s top high rank detective’s having excel in his profession and is now a married man. Congratulations to him and the newly Mrs. Arianna Dorough. Their wedding was truly a blessed union.

So that leads me to myself, Coral: what have I done with myself? Perhaps you are curious as to how this crisis have changed me. I have gotten involved with one of the men I helped saved. I myself have settled in Florida to help support his endeavors as he goes into music, I shall leave it that.

This book was not written for a mild show of entertainment. This is reality and my life. This was to show you the most horrific of gangs and how the dead and living are under one estate. Take life and hold onto it for it is something you have only once. For once it is gone you can not gain it back.

This ends my entry now. I hope that my experiences have helped gain you a more understanding of how frightful such things are. To the five men that were involved and to Arianna, thank you. Thank you for sticking through and not giving up. For not once giving up and backing down when danger was heeded. You all are my heroes in my eyes and for that I will be forever blessed.

This book is dedicated to all those survivors and those that have lost their lives to the gang, may you all find peace and rest for the end and destruction of such a violent gang.

-Sincerely Coral (known in the gang as Connie)

Coral looks over the last page one more time and smiles, holding the personal journal in her hands.

“All you need is a title and you’re set.” A voice behinds her responds.

Coral smirks, turning to face the man as she wipes a strand of cinnamon hair off her cheek. “You’re right Nick, got any ideas?”

The golden haired man shakes head and smiles: “Oh I know! How about the “Chronicles of the Eclipses.”

Snickering, she shakes her head: “Ehh maybe, we’ll need something that will make it jump out to the public.”

“If that don’t make them jump then I don’t know what will.” Nick eyes her, making his way over to her looking over the last page smiling.

Coral eyes him, embracing him as she laughs: “I’m sure you got a point there then.”

Nick looks at her in stunned for a little and wraps his arms around her, pulling her close to him grinning: “So I’m getting credit for the title right?”

“Yes, yes, you’ll get some profit if the book sells good.” Coral teases, resting her head on his chest.

“I better, stupid zombies screwed me over.” Nick smiles softly as Coral gathers the papers.

“Yeah they screwed us all over. Let’s go see the married couple shall we? I think Howie is stopping in now since he came back from the honeymoon.” Coral smiles as Nick takes her hand leading her out of the room.

Coral looks back at the open handwritten journal that held the tragedy of the Eclipses and lets out a breath of air, glad that for now that gang has died instantly and the dead are where they belong dead…like they need to be.
~**~