- Text Size +
“The Chronicles of The Eclipses”

**~Blood Work~**

He nibbles on his fingertips as Kevin steps back into the room for them.

“Alright, this is what is gonna happen. I’m about to escort you now to the main arena set up. In order to prove you’re all worthy of the gang, you’ll need to be able to follow the leader’s demands. In which case if he’s to ask for a life, you’re to provide that for him by killing the bait that is awaiting for death…” Kevin was cut off as Brian exhales heavily.

“No! Nooo! Nooo I won’t do it!” Brian breaths out: clasping his chest in fear.

Kevin sighs, “Come, we don’t have time for this. Follow me.” Kevin holds the door open as A.J. and Nick gulp deeply, gazing at each other following behind Brian who was slowly walking down the dark pathway leading to the arena.

The immediate smell of sweat and blood clothed the men as they enter the dingy dungeon indoor arena as Kevin leads them to the center of the room. The leader Amerian watches from above on a ledge as the rest of the gang members begin to file in.

Nick covers his nose at the foul scent as A.J. fights down his gagging, his stomach swirling around at the impending results. Brian gasps at the horrific sight of five innocent men swinging and hanging from sharp metal hooks, the crimson blood ever flowing and spilling to the ground below them.

“Welcome to the service boys.” Amerian boosts from above as the last few gang members rush in, locking the door behind them.

Kevin nods and aligns the three men up so Amerian can see them clearly. “Sir, they’re ready for your command.”

“Excellent. I’ll be right down.” Amerian boast happily, descending down a creaking stairwell on the far left. Once reaching the ground, he walks over to them and smiles, pointing to each of the three there. “Alright boys, this is how it’s gonna go down. Each of you will prove your allegiance to me by following through my careful instructions. I want nothing more than flawless and I expect the best from you. After all, your trainer’s life relies on it.” Amerian smirks, his dark eyes glitter in excitement with each word.

A.J. bites his tongue down, wanting to scream out to the leader to tell him that he can take this whole gang and initiation and shove it somewhere. But he resisted himself and sighs deeply, his stomach already repulsed by the sickening sight of the men left hanging on the swinging chains, the bloody hooks pierce into the human’s flesh like a butchered pig. He can feel the gagging already beginning in his stomach as he exhales slowly, hoping anything would ease his upset stomach.

Brian closes his eyes briefly, only hoping that when he opened them that it was just part of his nightmare. But as he takes sight of the human piņatas barely breathing or living, his body trembles in repulsion as his stomach quakes sending up a small gag.

Nick watches around him in shock, trying not to take in the sight of the unfortunate souls left on the metal chains. He gulps down wave the nausea that hits him as Amerian stands behind a veiled table.

“Gentlemen, behind me are three weapons of choice. Because I want specific details into how the people in the chains should be kill, I will assign the weapons out.” Amerian states loudly in his baritone voice, his deep voice echoing down the hallways of the arena. He snaps his fingers as two gang members rush over to the table, yanking the cloth away to reveal three deadly weapons. Grabbing a sword, he throws it at A.J. who catches it gently in his hands. Nodding, Amerian tosses a magnum over to Nick who catches it in one hand, gazing at it carefully.

Amerian smiles as he grabs a deadly katana and hands it Brian who cries out, refusing to take the weapon. Amerian rages, glaring at Kevin. “If this man doesn’t cooperate, his body will be one of the ones on the chains as well.” He threatens Kevin.

Brian nervously gazes over Kevin who sighs and nods his head, taking the large sword deadly and holding it out for Brian to take. “I know you don’t want to do this. But this is our lives at stake here. Remember Brian, you lost your rights the moment you entered this place. This goes for everyone here. This isn’t a new concept. I know you never taken a life before, but you must push aside your beliefs for this one moment. This isn’t the right time to take a stand against Amerian and his orders. Understood?” Kevin whispers gently, feeling the same emotions of sympathy slowly being restored to his old self.

Gulping slowly, Brian nervously reaches out a hand and takes the weapon, shutting his eyes quickly before opening it to see in his hands the metal item.

“Good. Now that that’s done. We get down to business. Kevin you told me about the abilities of each of these men, hence the weapons they possess in their hands. These weapons are yours to keep. Now we in “The Eclipses” don’t go around killing off people. No, only when the time is right or necessary men. We’ll have a celebration at the end of this initiation if all goes well. Now listen to me carefully, I have chosen a specific place for each of you to finish off the above people. I’ll pick out a person and you simply do what I asked in which then the person will die. I hope you’re all man enough to not ruin my floor with your stomach contents. Now…” he claps loudly three times. “Let’s start.”

Three guards came and place the three men facing the five dying souls swinging on the above chains a few eight or nine feet off the ground. Kevin sighs and kneels down, watching the whole show in quiet anxiety. A.J. gags loudly as the scent of blood wafted over his nose immediately, almost sending him into immediate gagging and reeling.

Amerian smiles and steps up to A.J.: pointing to a young man of about sixteen swinging on the chain almost lifelessly. “Do me a favor and with your sword I want you to be able to swing up the chains and chop off the man’s scalp.”

The other two gasp in horror as A.J. eyes Amerian and then back at Kevin who nods.

A.J. exhales slowly, cracking his neck gently side to side before he grips the first chain, placing the sword in the leg sheath that is being strapped around his thigh at the moment. Once the sheath is in place, A.J. slides the sword on his sheath as he begins climbing up using only his hands. The others watch with awaited breath as A.J. swings from one chain to the other to finally reach his victim. Holding back a sudden cry out, A.J. shakes and quivers at the deadly sight of the young man on the metal chain, swinging out as his dark eyes looked at him in fear and hope.

A.J. gazes down to see he was about a few feet off ground, feeling the boring of the other’s eyes on him. Sighing deeply, he looks back at the young man, sadly shaking his head as he whispers out a “sorry” before pulling out the sword and quickly cutting off the top scalp of the head, revealing the gray matter of the man’s brain. A.J no longer holding back: gags tremendously as the warm spew of blood splatters on him. He couldn’t hold onto the chain he was on anymore as the sickness rose deep within. He was gonna pass out and he knew it. Nick and Brian watch in horror at the scenery and awaited to see how A.J. will get down.

Kevin observing the whole thing quickly gives orders to place a mat of some kind beneath A.J. in case he falls, so he won’t fall to his death. Some of the gang members quickly drag a plain dirty mattress beneath A.J. as A.J. feels his arms giving up. He feels his body sail back as he begins falling: his eyes close quickly as he faints. He lands on the mattress quickly, his breathing slowing down as he stays still, shaking a bit. His shirt and face, along with his clothes were ruined in the splotches of blood that stained him and reminds him of his killing, his first killing.

Brian and Nick rush over to A.J. as some of the guards push them away, placing them back into position.

“The hell with this! I want to know what happened to him!” Brian shrieks out as Kevin cuts a glare over at him. At once Brian closes his mouth, the fear already etched on his face clearly.

“Well gentlemen, looks like we had a bit of queasiness there. Guess one can expect that for the first time. Though it will feel like a rush to you all. As it does for everyone. Now: Brian your turn. Climb up and give me the heart of that man over there.” Amerian calls out from the ledge, a few feet up from the ground.

Brian gulps and begins to whine in fear, not wanting to go through with this, but knowing the fatal results if he didn’t. He didn’t want to kill another innocent person’s life. But he didn’t want to die himself and the balance between that was too intense.

Amerian points to another man as Brian closes his eyes and whispers out a small prayer to himself as he is lead to a swinging chain. Gripping the metal chain in his hands, he quickly places his sword into the sheath now being strapped onto his right thigh by some of the guards. Once they were done, they step back as he gazes over at Nick who seemed numbed and too in shock to say or do anything. Feeling a bit pale, Brian nervously lets out a deep breath as he begins to pull up the chain, slowly climbing up to it. Once he reached the middle of the chain, he grips tightly to the chain, wrapping his legs around it as he pulls out his sword. He didn’t know how to do what Amerian asked but gazes at the man sadly, tears streaking down his sweating cheeks. “Please forgive me.” He whispers out to the man as he forcefully pushes the sword into the man’s chest cavity. He was greeted with a splash of blood as he jams the sword and tries to cut around the right side, hoping he didn’t ruin the heart. His gagging reactions went almost overtime as he makes his final incision, creating a hole wide enough for the insides to tumble out. And sure enough the small fist size muscle in all its bloody glory tumbles out as one of the guards below caught it, placing it into a container. Along with the heart falling, Brian loses his grip as he too falls below. A few guards below catch Brian as he lands on their arms, placing him back on the ground.

Amerian smiles as he takes the container, smiling at Brian in approval. “Nick, it’s now your turn. From this point, I want you to aim your pistol to the three men above you. You must shoot them with only bullet, making sure the same bullet kills off the three men above you.”

Nick whines as tears cloud his eyes, he couldn’t do this. Not death. But he sees Kevin’s gaze at him as he sadly gulps and raises his pistol up to the men. Aiming slowly, he watches the direction the three men hung as he moves around, standing a few feet away from the first man hung on the chain. Closing one eye, he pulls the trigger from his pistol as the bullet pops loudly through the air, slamming first into the first man though his lower abdomen, then the other one through his upper thigh and finally hitting the last man behind the other two on the knee. Lowering his gun, he sighs and gulps, panting heavily at the destruction he caused. Amerian stares at him boldly as he stands up and claps his hands and soon after words everyone else in the room joins in, watching Nick.

Amerian laughs and shouts from above, on the ledge, “Gentlemen, now for the celebration!” The loud cheers and hoots rang out in the room from the statement as they all begin to exit the arena.

Kevin approaches Nick and smiles, patting Nick on the shoulder, “You did it. Welcome to “The Eclipses.”
~*~

Howie pulls up to the parking lot of the club as he sighs and gazes at the two women. “Alright. Do you each have your cells with you?”

Coral sighs and nods as Howie tells them to hand it over. “You’ll get searched when they take you. You can’t have that with you or any kind of metal objects cause there is a metal detector at their place.”

Arianna sucks her teeth as she hands Howie her pistol along with her badge and knife.

Howie smirks and glances at his partner next to him. “I’m really curious as to see where you hid all that in those clothes.”

Arianna giggles, “Shhh. It’s my little secret. I’ll never tell.”

Coral laughs from the backseat as she too hands Howie her cell and exhales.

“Alright girls. This is it. You’re gonna go the club, stay on the right side of it. If you see any good looking men staring at you, chances are they’re from the Eclipses. Go and flirt and do whatever you can to get them to notice you. If you do, you’ll be taking a ride home with them to their liar.” Howie states: gazing at them in concern. “And girls, be careful. I can’t lose you guys to them. If you succeed in staying with them, you’ll be honored bravely for your time.”

The two women nods their heads as they gather their purses ready to head out.

“So we’ll see ya there in the gang then shortly right?” Arianna whispers.

“Yeah, give me two hours and I’ll be training to be part of that gang.”

“Ok. But Howie: just one question.” Coral asked from the backseat.

“Sure go ahead.” Howie turns in his seat to look at her, “Shoot.”

“Ok, do you know how we’ll all get out from there when its time?”

Howie licks his lips gently as he sighs, “No. We’ll see how long we can go before I can do anything else. We won’t be heard from for months, but the chief is already informed about this investigation so any missing or file reports will head to him first. But hey we’ll be ok. Don’t worry about it. We’re trained professionals.”

“But sometimes even trained professionals can’t get out of certain messes.” Arianna retorts, opening the car door and steps out. “See you soon Howie. Good luck.”

Howie nods and smiles, “Ok, same to you amor.”

Arianna smiles as Coral exits the vehicle both waving back at Howie as they make their way to the night club.

“May God bless us all in this case.” Howie whispers, slumping back in the seat before heading out of the car to enter the club from another entrance.
~**~

**~To Be Contined…~**