- Text Size +
“Chronicles of the Eclipses”

**~Senseless Words~**

Howie gulps as the guards snort, putting on a pair of rubber gloves to begin searching through his clothes. Standing in only a pair of black boxer briefs, he feels the heat of embarrassment rise up on his cheeks.

One of the guards chuckle, swinging Howie’s jeans around in the air: “Aww look, little man wants his clothes back.” Howie glares at them as the guards break into a rude laughter.

Kevin no longer holding back, steps in between the guards and Howie: raising his hands in the air. “That’s enough. Give the guy his stuff back. He’s obviously not carrying anything on him as we can tell.”

One of the guards snort, kicking Howie’s dark denim jeans on the floor with disgust: “Who died and made you boss? I can do what the hell I want to do, you don’t owe me.” One of the guards lashes out to Kevin, grinding his teeth at him.

Snarling, Kevin pulls out his pistol and cocks it, pressing it coldly on the guard’s forehead: “Try me you little prick. I come this close to pulling the trigger on your fat a…”

“Kill him already. What are you waiting for?” Vincent steps into the office room suddenly, a smile spreading his face.

Kevin narrows his eyes, pressing the cold steel pistol onto the guard’s forehead. “You heard the boss. Kill you.”

The guard begins shaking softly, raising his hands: “Ooook. I’ll, I’ll stop harassing the guy.”

“Good man.” Kevin hisses out in his ear, slowly pulling the pistol away as the guard growls out, pulling out his pistol and firing at Kevin.

Kevin ducks down as the bullets hit the wall behind him, penetrating and cracking the plaster. Howie dodges down and crawls on his hands and knees to gather his clothes as he races behind the office desk to avoid the bullets propelling in the air.

Brian leaps to the floor, reaching a black gun lying in front of him. He gulps and looks up to see Vincent reloading his own pistol and putting it away, taking a seat to watch the fight.

Brian grabs the gun on the floor in time to see Kevin on his knees as the two guards approach him each with their pistol’s drawn. Lifting the pistol in his hands, he aims and fires blindly at one of the guards, hoping that somehow he could save his cousin from dying in cold blood.

The room seemed to have gone deathly quiet as Kevin looks to one of the guards, the one that had randomly begin shooting at him. The guard snorts, sniffing gently before passing a hand down his drooping stomach. Howie peers out from the corner of the desk he was hiding behind to see the guard’s hands covered in his own blood.

Kevin looks over at Brian, gulping, grateful for his cousin’s intervention. The guard raises his bloody hand to his face as he glares at Kevin and then at Brian. “You little fu…” The guard dribbles out as his blood stained the floor below him, quickly spreading.

The other guard backs away scared senseless as he too watches the events unfold. The shot guard gulps at Vincent and picks up his pistol firing at Brian, but missing inches from Brian’s head as the speeding bullet slams centimeters next to him. Brian yelps in surprise, ducking as he breathes out a sigh of relief to see the bullet in the wall. Gasping, the guard slumps down to the floor dead, the blood pouring out like a small river bed as his pistol clatters out of his dead paling hands.

Vincent chuckles: clapping his hands at the results with a sigh. “Well. That was a treat. I wasn’t expecting to be entertained today. But I’m glad I was.” He turns his head to look at Brian with a smile. “And you. Who would have thought you could shoot a man down so fast without a conscious thought about it? Perhaps you are more than what I imagined you can be.” He smiles, steadily rising from his velvet white Victorian chair. “Well done.” He offers a quick nod to Brian and locks his eyes on Kevin.

“As for you. You shall be rewarded for taking orders. I’m allowing you one day of freedom. An entire day away from here where you can see what the outside world has. However…” Vincent smirks, seeing Brian and Howie stand up. “Kevin, there are rules to this little outing of yours.”

“If you speak of this gang or anything about it…” Vincent smiles: taking a picture of a flaxen hair beauty. “Then this lovely lady will suffer the consequences. Such a pretty wife you have Kevin. Wonder if she can scream loudly when she’s shot?” Vincent threatens, waving the photo before him.

Kevin gulps slowly, blinking back tears.

“So it’s understood then?” Vincent asks bluntly.

“Yes.” Kevin responds.

Vincent walks over to Kevin, leaning over him, patting the man’s right cheek. “Good to know. Now if you excuse me. My guard has to clean out the trash. Kevin, you come later for more details regarding your little outing that will soon take place ok?”

Kevin quickly nods, glancing over at Howie who was slipping his jeans back on.

“Very well. And as for you Brian, I must say I’m quite impressed at your shooting. Family must be vital to you I see. Well let’s just see how that can come in useful for future references shall we?” Vincent smiles, taking a seat in his office chair as the remaining guard drags out the dead corpse by the arms, his feet dragging along with each pull.

Kevin steps out of the office as Brian and Howie were told to remain. Quickly hurrying to a dingy bathroom down the hallway, Kevin kicks up a broken toilet seat as he begins gagging, the scent of blood following him as he leans over the seat, regurgitating the contents from his earlier meal.
~*~

Coral opens her eyes, sitting up in bed to find she was alone. The man that brought her here: Nick, seemed to have already gotten up. Hearing the shower running, Coral gets up from the bed steadily, slowly fixing the tangled white covers around her. She winces in pain when she touches her head, realizing she had an extreme hangover that almost knocked the wind out of her. Gasping, she realized her dreadful mistake last night. She had confessed to the man she was a detective. “Damn the liquor.” She grumbles, dizzily holding her head as she stumbles over to a dresser, hitting her knee against it along the way.

“Owwww…Ah hell. This is turning out to be worse than I thought.” She whispers, holding her stomach. “I knew I shouldn’t have taken that shot last night.” She leans against the mahogany dresser steadily, holding herself up enough before she would pass out. The bathroom door behind her opens up as a freshly clean Nick steps out gasping.

“What the hell? Who are you?” Nick growls out, stepping out of the threshold, gazing at her intensely.

“What? It’s me Connie from last night at the club.” Coral whispers out, coughing finally feeling the effects of her drinking last night.

Nick shakes his head dizzily and smirks, “Ohhhh…right, right…really? Damn I must have been so screwed up last night to remember you. Did we screw last night cause I can’t remember that?”

Coral withholds a nasty comment and shakes her head, “No. No we didn’t.” Coral should have realized why the man was so open to her last night: she had taken that in stride believing he was crying out for help. Maybe he was, but he chooses not to remember. Whatever the case, she was hoping he couldn’t remember her words: if word got out that she was a detective, she could run the risk of losing this case once and for all.

“Ohhh ok. Why did I bring you here then?” Nick smiles, his sapphire orbs glitter mischievously as he approaches her, leaning over her as the sweet smell of soap and aftershave surrounded her.

Coral shrugs, “Guess you wanted company.”

“Ohhh…well company since you’re here, why don’t you do something for me?” He huskily whispers out, pressing against her as she smirks.

“Depends on what that is.”

“Ummmm…why don’t you take off your clothes since that’s what you’re here for?” Nick smirks.

Coral raises her eyebrows at the man, rolling her eyes. “Uh no. How about not?”

Nick frowns, backing away from her: “Excuse me? Who the hell do you think are staying over here and denying my request? If I said something, be a nice lady and do it.”

Coral didn’t like the sudden attitude change in the man, perhaps the killing he performed last night harden his heart and he was lashing out at the first victim he found which had to be her. That or maybe the liquor he took last night made him innocent and weak.

“You don’t remember anything from last night Nick?”

He snorts, shaking his head: “What? Was I supposed to?”

She exhales annoyed, “Never mind. Look, if you’ll excuse me, I got to go to the bathroom.”

“Fine. But when you’re done, I’m expecting something out of this whole little visitation.” Nick smiles, as Coral grumbles rushing into the bathroom and locking the door.

“Well that was complete attitude change right there.” Coral grumbles, undressing as she steps into the shower.
~*~

Arianna giggles, slowly opening her eyes to see the handsome carved tattooed man’s arm wrapped around her waist tightly. Smiling, she gently sits up careful not to wake the man up. All in all she enjoyed talking with A.J. last night and the entire thing was platonic. She realized he was a sweet man stuck in a world that demanded and planned on making him a force to be reckoned with. Sliding out of the bed, she watches his tan arm, slide off her stomach as he curls and shuffles himself in bed. She had to admit he was highly attractive and if she wasn’t with Howie she would be tempted to run her fingers through that man’s hair and get in his embrace. But she resisted herself the sudden thought and quietly heads for the bathroom to clean up.

“Where you going?” A.J. whispers out, his soft smile appearing gently across his tan face.

“Bathroom, want me to bring you back something?” She smirks, leaning on the threshold.

A.J. sits up, leaning on his elbow as he licks his lips: “You’re funny. As long as it looks as beautiful as you Ana, then I don’t mind.”

Arianna giggles and heads into the bathroom to change quickly, taking a shower along the way.

A.J. sits up as he hears a small knock on the door. “Yo come in.”

The door swings open and Nick steps through it curiously: “Is it safe?” He teases, locking the door behind him.

A.J. laughs: getting up from the bed, stretching. “Yeah, it’s all good here. The girl is in the bathroom.”

Nick smirks, “Oh aight. Hey…ummm…do you have anything that can kill a hangover?”

A.J. laughs, “You should have watched all that you drank last night. But you were chatting it up with miss Connie.”

“Ohh yeah, her…Dude, I can’t remember picking her up.” Nick smiles, groggily stepping into the room.

A.J. laughs, “Yeah I noticed. Man you got wasted fast.”

“Shhhhh… you laugh loud.” Nick cringes, smirking as A.J. pokes his friend on the shoulder.

“Quiet you. I don’t think I have anything. I mean I have what you have in your room. Besides the basic essentials, I think that’s all that was supplied to each of us.”

Nick groans out, “Uhhh, this sucks. My head is killing me. I can’t remember what I did or said let alone what happened with the chick.”

A.J. nibbles on his lip, trying to control the sudden urge to laugh out, “Well let’s hope you didn’t screw up on anything else.”

“I don’t know if I did.”

“Knowing you, you probably did.” A.J. smirks, slumping into a seat, sighing calmly as Nick stumbles into a black furry sofa across from him.

“Man shut it.” Nick leans his head back, rubbing his eyes wearily as the sleep and alcohol nagged at him.

“Shouldn’t you be getting back to your room. I mean don’t you have company?”

“Yeah I do, but I feel like complete sh…” He stops mid-sentence as the bathroom door opens to see a beautiful golden haired beauty step out of it. Nick smirks, glancing over at A.J. “Well…hehe, I guess you do have plans. You know what, if you have any painkillers just drop them off. I see you’ll be busy.”

A.J. snorts chuckling: “I’ll see if I can find any and you’re thinking the wrong thoughts man.”

“Sure, sure. Call it whatever you want.” Nick struggles to stand up as a wave of nausea hits him. Clutching his stomach, he groans out.

A.J. raises his eyebrows, “You got five minutes to make it to your bathroom before it comes up.”

Nick forces a weak smile as he waves at Arianna, bolting out of the room back to his.

Arianna smiles, gazing at the fair headed man exiting the room: “That friend of yours looks a funny guy.”

“Funny looking or funny to talk to?” A.J. smiles, clasping his hands together across his chest.

Arianna smirks, adjusting the blue jersey she slept in. “You make the call then. Ohhh just a quick question: He was with my friend last night correct?”

A.J. nods, sitting up. “Sure was. Why?”

“Oh just wanted to know that’s all. Where is she staying at the moment?” Arianna combs out her wet hair with her fingers, placing her towel over her shoulders, across her back.

A.J. grins, standing up: “You wanna see her?”

“Ok, cool.”

“Aight, you get ready then and let Nick know, I’m sure Connie is getting dressed or something.”

“Ahh ok cool thanks.”

A.J. just nods, exiting the room, leaving Arianna alone to quickly dress in the attire she wore from last night.
~*~

Nick opens his door as A.J. smirks, poking his head into the room: “So she ready or what?”

“Where is she going?” Coral smirks, appearing behind Nick fully dressed in that black alluring dress from last night’s club outing.

“You and him heading out to the café with me and your friend Ana.” A.J. smiles, his eyes trailing over Coral’s figure with interest.

“Hmmm… sounds like a plan. You heard that Nick.” She purrs into his ear as he smiles.

“K, so let’s go then.” Nick smirks, taking Coral by the hand as they follow A.J. back to his room to pick up Arianna.

After getting the woman, the four of them take a shaft elevator down to the small diner located in the lower levels of the building.

A.J. smirks, gazing at Nick whispering something into Coral’s ear sweetly as she laughs. He feels the soft touch of Arianna’s hand on his arm as slowly gazes at her: “What?”

“Nothing. You just looked like you enjoying thinking about something.” She whispers gently, flipping back a lock of golden hair.

“Oh. Just glad to see your friend is doing better with Nick then she was last night.” He teases, seeing Coral smirk at his direction.

They walk into the crowded breakfast hall that belonged to the now vacant building the gang took over. “This is a self serve place by the way girls. Just to let you know. So you can take what you like from here.”

“And…its all you can eat, so you go ahead and take as much as you want.” Nick smirks, eyeing Coral.

Coral nods, raising her eyebrows: “So I take it we’re ok now then right Nick?”

Nick shrugs, “Yeah I guess. Why?”

“Oh nothing. Just thought you were interested in something else.”

Nick smirks, “Well the day just began and you’re right, I thought I was going to get something out of this as well. But I don’t do that to chicks, unless you prostitute or something that I didn’t know about.”

Coral rolls her eyes: “Trust me no where near that.”

Nick smiles, patting her lower back: “Aight. Well me and A.J. is gonna get a table. See ya there k?”

Coral nods and sighs, watching the two men make their way to the back of the small bustling café. She hears Arianna’s voice in her ear: “Even the chefs are gang members, check it out. We’re surrounded by hotties everywhere. Man I must have died and entered Heaven with all these fine looking men around me.”

Coral laughs, turning to see her friend as they embrace. “Are you ok?”

Arianna smirks: “Of course. You?”

“Messed up.”

“Why?” Arianna states as they walk over to a food counter taking some Styrofoam plates for her and Coral.

“God Ari! Why didn’t you tell me I was so out of it last night?!”

Arianna smiles, “Well you look like you were having fun, I didn’t want to bust your bubble.”

“Yeah well I wish you did.”

Arianna stops before a tray full of eggs and toast, raising her eyebrows: “Ohhhhh, what happened girl?”

Coral licks her lips, gazing over at A.J. and Nick at the far end of the room: “I squealed last night about my identity.” She whispers, seeing Arianna freeze in the middle of pouring maple syrup over her pancakes.

“Say what?” Arianna hisses out: her eyes getting wide with the thought.

“You heard me. I was so drunk off my behind last night, I told the guy what I do for a living.” Coral gazes at her plate full of eggs and sausages, ashamed to look back up at her partner.

“Dear Lord please tell me this is a joke! Coral you can’t be serious! You wouldn’t do this now would you?!” Arianna hisses out quietly.

Coral sighs, “How I wish I joking. Look the guy was out of it as well and told me some stuff I think you should about. I wrote it in the journal given to me from my chief back from New York.”

Arianna nods, “Oh yeah the journal. So wait does that Nick guy remember anything then?”

Coral glances at the men and smirks, shaking her head. “No…at least not to my knowledge. Hell he didn’t even know who I was this morning when he came out of the bathroom in his room.”

Arianna laughs, “I bet. So wait you guys didn’t do anything then right?”

“I’ll show you the journal entry: it has the details about him. I can’t do much talking here if you know what I mean.” Coral whispers back over the loud murmurs of the large crowd of men and women gathered at the diner.

Arianna smirks, filling her plate up as Coral does the same, both making their way back to the men waiting in the back table.

“You lucky blondie was out of it. Cause then you would have some serious explaining to do if he remembered.” Arianna pokes Coral in the ribs as she waves at the two men.

“Tell me about it. That or we be out of the case.” Coral snorts, waving at the two men as they find a seat besides Nick and A.J.
~**~

**~To Be Continued…~**