- Text Size +
Chapter 42 – The Shiny Big Apple

"Oh my goodness! I feel like a princess in this dress!" Teagan squealed as she twirled in front of her dressing room mirror. They immediately went dress shopping after dropping off their things at the hotel and were now at Sak's Fifth Avenue trying on different dresses.

"A princess? Oh, Lord please save me from this disaster," Oriana groaned from inside her dressing room, just staring at the two dresses she selected. One for Homecoming and the other for Prom. For being what they were, dresses, Oriana liked the styles and colors. Yet, she hadn't gotten to the point of putting either on. She just stood in her bikini briefs and bra, offering a show-down stare with the gowns. Knowing she hadn't the strength for slipping on either, she poked her head out of the heavy curtain in search for Teagan.

"What'd you pick, Gabby? And for what?"

"This is for Prom," Teagan replied as she stepped out of her dressing room.
"Well, one thing's obvious..." Oriana decided, watching Teagan twirl happily in the middle of the dressing area. The dress was one of a kind and definitely suited for Teagan's bizarre style. It was sleeveless and the hugging top was a sparkling silver color that ended in a straight 'V' line. The 'V' line of the top that dipped low against the middle of her pelvis offered her a more slender curve of the hips for the design of the dress, because the dark blue skirt then flared out into a elegant princess fluff.

"You're gorgeous, Gabby."

"Thank you," Teagan blushed a little as she looked over at her best friend. "Why aren't you in a dress yet, Riana?"

"What are you talking about?" Oriana countered, glancing down, smiling sheepishly at the bra-strapped shoulder exposed from behind the thick curtain. She shrugged her shoulders as Teagan rolled her eyes. Oriana glanced around, noticing no one else was in the dressing area, so quickly stepping out in her bikini briefs and underwear. "This is my Homecoming Dress. You like?!"

"I'm sure Howie would love that," Teagan laughed, rolling her eyes again. "Especially with your favorite bra and fairy printed undies."

"Look, I can make them dance, too!" Oriana declared, turning to show Teagan her backside. She quickly wiggled her butt.

"Oh my God!" Teagan giggled, going as far as doing her infamous laugh, which sounded like a squeaking mouse.

Oriana smiled triumphantly at the sound of Teagan's snorting squeak. She turned around and placed her hands against the tops of her exposed hips. She tilted her head to the side with a pout, "Guess this dress won't work?"
"N-N-N-No!" she shook her head.

"Damn... Did you pick one out for Homecoming?" she asked, still smiling as Teagan's laugh continued.

Teagan nodded, still laughing. "I-I need to calm down first!"

"Well, let me see that one," Oriana ordered, slipping back behind her curtain with her head peeking out.

Finally calming down, Teagan went back and quickly changed into a simpler dress for Homecoming. She smiled, knowing it was totally different than any other dress girls at Tartan would wear. "What do you think?" she asked, walking out again.

Oriana shook her head in disbelief, knowing this one was almost too perfect for her best friend. It was a one piece dress with, sleeveless yet again, with a hugging bodice to add an ample amount of cleavage. The end of the dress cut to just the knees with a simple straight line. The flaming red dress seemed to be everything that the girls in the school talked about with owning a 'little black dress.' Teagan looked perfect. "It's definitely you."

"I think these are the two perfect dresses," Teagan agreed, looking in the mirror for a minute. She faced Oriana, hands on her hips. "Now it's your turn."

"Me?"

"Yes, you."

"If I get one giggle out of you, we're leaving, going back to the hotel, I'm not going to Homecoming, and I'm not going to Prom. Understood?" Oriana decided, glancing to Teagan for acceptance of the agreement. She felt like she were making plans for a battle in a strategic war.

"Yes, m'am!" Teagan saluted her. "Honestly, I won't laugh."

"You say that now..." Oriana grumbled, disappearing behind the curtain as Teagan rushed to get changed. Oriana only fought a few moments with the first dress, carefully easing it onto her slender figure and managing to zip it with no problems. She heard Teagan burst from her own dressing room to sit herself on the waiting couch. Oriana stared at her reflection for a moment, "Ready?"

"Ready and waiting! Come on out!"

"This is for Homecoming..." Oriana took a deep breath, then held it as she stepped away from the curtain. She closed her eyes quickly, not even wanting to see Teagan's reaction. She had choose one of the rarest cocktail dresses in the store. It was a vibrant color of light purple and adhered to her soft curves like a second skin. The had sexy spaghetti straps and a V neckline with a front tie that fell down the center of the dress. The left side of the dress was shirred all the way to the place where the dress wrapped in front with a front slit. The hemline at the bottom of the dress was a handkerchief type with various lengths of material. Though some of the front piece of the dress graced her legs, the majority of the dress exposed her long, graceful, dancing legs till the mid thigh.

"Oh my... Riana, you look absolutely beautiful!" Teagan cooed, almost feeling tears come to her eyes as she saw her best friend finally look like a woman. The dress was perfect for Oriana's style and body.

"Are you sure?" Oriana asked, her voice quivering, still keeping her eyes squeezed shut.

"You know I wouldn't lie to you. Sweetie, you're gorgeous."

Oriana still kept her eyes shut, feeling Teagan guide her to the three mirrors. She was placed in the middle to see herself at all angles. Slowly, Oriana allowed her eyes to peek open. Fully aware of her surroundings, she glanced down. Without any thought, she gasped in surprise. She had been completely transformed with just a little dress. All of her womanhood exposed for public view. Almost not willing to believe it, she covered her hands over the exposed portion of her breasts. "Holy shit!"

Teagan chuckled, taking Oriana's hands and pulling them away. "You don't have to hide your breasts, Dear."

"Teag... The boys are popping out of the dress!"

"That's the point of this style!"

"But---"

"No. They're not even popping out. It's called cleavage and that's not a bad thing. This dress is perfect for you, get it."

Oriana fell silent for a few moments, running her hands down the soft fabric clinging to her tan skin. She tilted her head to the side, swishing her hips from side to side to see the handkerchief hemline flare. "It looks like the dance outfits I had with the salsa classes in the summer..."

"So you'll buy it?" Teagan asked hopefully.

"Why do you care so much?" Oriana asked, turning.

"Because you look beautiful and this is the first time I've seen you in a dress that doesn't involve dance or the wedding."

"Guess dancing paid off, huh?"

"Definitely. So... will you?"

"It's not trashy or anything? Like, the cheerleaders aren't going to stone me at Homecoming, are they?" Oriana hesitated, slowly inching back to the dressing room.

"No way is it trashy. You know me and my fashion."

"Well, yeah, but the Cheerleaders---"

"Will be so jealous of your dress that they won't be able to say a ditzy
word. Besides, when did you start caring about what they thought and said?"

"True..." Oriana answered, clicking her tongue. She never had cared before what they thought. She shrugged her lean shoulders with a proud smile. "They can kiss my hairy white ass..."

"You just leave out the hairy part and it'll be cool," Teagan groaned.

"My lily white ass?"

"Much better."

"Okay! Hairy white ass it is!" Oriana declared, slipping back behind her curtain. "All done!"

"Nuh-uh, you still have the other dress to show me!"

Oriana grumbled incoherently from inside her dressing room. Teagan smiled in triumph as she heard the sounds of zippers being pulled up and down. She leaned back on the couch, waiting for Oriana to make her grand appearance. "You laugh it me in this one and I'll slaughter you."

"How many times do I have to say I won't laugh at you? Just come on out!" Teagan encouraged, getting a little impatient.

Oriana lifted up the skirt so she wouldn't trip and stepped from the curtain. She allowed the elegant satin material to grace the floor. She held her arms out, slowly turning in a circle for Teagan's enjoyment. The soft satin fabric was a delicate mint green color, clinging to her body yet again like a second skin fell straight down with a classic look. The bust line was detailed with fabulous crystals. Then the stunning lace up back with ties adorned with crystals made for a dramatic finish. "So?"

"I think I'm gonna cry!" Teagan gushed, waving a hand in front of her face. "Riana, you look like a princess!"

"If a princess wore this, I'm sure her father would be searching for a metal chastity belt," Oriana joked, running her fingers across the crystal detailed lining of the low bust line. No sleeves or straps held this dress up, only her natural God-given bosom.

Teagan laughed, standing up to hug Oriana. "You look really pretty, chica. Howie's going to die when he sees you Prom night"

"You think?" Oriana asked honestly as Teagan pushed her toward the mirrors.
"I don't think, I know. Look at how beautiful you are."

Oriana took a hard look at her reflection, tilting her head ever-so slightly to the side. She smiled softly, actually liking what she saw in the mirror. She filled the dress nicely with her fitted and toned curves from dancing. She actually saw no flaw for once in her life and it was because of Howie's honest love. Though, she found herself gazing at the bust line for a long moment. "Damn, Linds is right..."

"What did Linds say?" Teagan asked curiously, watching her friend in the mirror. She was so glad Oriana wasn't putting herself down like she usually did.

"Linds told Jess that the reason Howie likes me is because I have big boobs... Well... The big boobs part is right... I need to duct tape these puppies down before I get knocked out!"

"You will do no such thing for Prom night!" Teagan laughed.

"I don't even know how I dance with these things in the way!"

"You'll deal!"

"They're like blimps---"

"Okay, that's enough, get the Hell in the dressing room."

"You'd think I'm pregnant and they're swelling with milk!"

"Get in that room and stop talking about your breasts!"

"But, I'm suddenly so proud of them---"

"Oriana Ryan!"

"Going!"

*~*~*


"What are you picking up Moms and Momma from New York?" Oriana asked curiously as they floated into yet another store in the array of shops. It was late Friday afternoon and the girls had managed to find one of the best Malls in New York City. They had gotten up early to do some sight seeing, even visiting an old jail where Oriana managed to score a picture of the girls in one of the cells with a cute guard. She already had the film developed on that camera and planned to frame it for Marie for when they returned. Yet, visiting outside tourist areas became quite a task for the Floridian girls. It was already too chilly outside for them in the late October air, so they decided to stick close inside the shops.

"I'm thinking about getting Mom a bracelet... there was one she saw in a magazine and I want to buy it for her," Teagan replied as they slowly walked through the store, looking at various things. "I wonder if this was the place that has it. And for Ma... I don't know yet. Have any suggestions?"

"Momma... Stuff for the wedding, I guess. She still needs the something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue. Moms said she has the old and borrowed, but we have to do the blue and new."

"Something blue... hey! We should go to Victoria's Secret and get her a blue bustier set!"

"What?" Oriana choked heavily against her Pepsi.

"Get Ma a blue bustier set for the wedding."

"Are you serious? Give her an open invitation to show her... Oh, Lord, that's disgusting!"

"She needs something blue!"

"You honestly want us to buy her the bustier?" Oriana asked, motioning toward the gift case of delicate bracelets.

"It would be great to see the look on her face," Teagan agreed as they reached the bracelets.

"You go into the store and buy it."

"You won't come in with me?"

"Do you honestly want my Estrogen level to rise to the point of suffocation?"

"Oh, come on Riana--"

"Is that the bracelet?" Oriana interrupted, motioning toward the bracelet in the middle.

"Oooh, it is!" Teagan squealed happily. "Do you think Mom will like it?"
Oriana gazed down at the delicate bracelet. It was one of the Italian charm bracelets with various 'Nurse' insignias. The charms ranged from needles, pill bottles, old fashioned nursing hats, and written words. Oriana immediately nodded with approval, "Moms will love that."

"I'll get it for her... excuse me?" she called over one of the employees. "I would like that bracelet in the middle. The Italian charm bracelet with the Nursing charms."

"Good choice, Miss," the man declared in a high pitched voice, causing Oriana to stifle a giggle of amusement. The man quickly scurried to retrieve the keys for the case, snatching the bracelet, and hurrying back to wrap it delicately.

"Um...did you pick up anything for Brian yet?"

"No, I'm still looking around. Have you found anything for Howie?"

"I...um...yeah..." Oriana trailed, blushing faintly. She still felt odd about buying him gifts, but she couldn't wait to show him. "When you were looking around in Victoria's Secret, I went to this music store. I have to stop buy and pick up what I had personalized... But then I also got him... Well..."
"What? Tell me!" Teagan begged as the man came back with the present wrapped and placed in a box. She gave him her credit card and looked at Oriana curiously. "What did you get him?"

"I actually got Jamie these cute leopard curtains and this t-shirt that says, 'Doin' It New York Style.' He's going to die," Oriana answered, changing the subject as the man walked away yet again.

"That's cute. But what did you get Howie?"

"Just some stupid boxers?"

"That look like?"

"They're thongs okay? Just lay off," Oriana joked, wanting to keep the subject away.

"Ew, they are not!"

"Then just let me go!" Oriana laughed, stepping out of the store.

"Wait!" Teagan signed the receipt, grabbed the bag and ran out the store.

"I've got to get back to the Music Store real quick, okay? The stuff is ready---" Oriana's sentence dropped when she looked at the pitiful face Teagan was offering. Oriana rolled her eyes with disgust, knowing Teagan wouldn't stop till she knew. "Look, they're silk boxers with apples all over them, then on the butt it says, 'Cute Apples.' But I'm not even sure if I'm giving them to him. I might wear them for myself."

"Aw, but he'd like them!"

"It's embarrassing, though, right? Maybe I should just keep them for myself? I mean, yeah, we've slept in the same bed and all, but we haven't done anything that serious..." Oriana trialed, stumbling over her answer. She could already feel her cheeks redden at the thought while they walked toward the Music Store and Victoria's Secret.

"Dude, it's just boxers. It's not like they're engagement boxers or something," Teagan shook her head, rolling her eyes with a smile.

"No, I thought I'd leave them for the next trip to New York."

"What?

"Nothing," Oriana groaned. "So, you think he'll like them?"

"Of course he will. Both of you are cheesy, and those are perfect."

"I am not cheesy!"

"It's not a bad thing!"

"I'm nothing compared to that silver ring with your name and Brian's name inside!"

"Hey, that's not cheesy!" Teagan objected with a pout as they walked into Victoria's Secret.

"Wait!" Oriana blurted, hesitating before stepping onto the loudly pink carpet. She pulled Teagan back from the entrance, almost feeling slightly nauseous from all the pink. "I'm going to go grab the stuff at the Music Store, then meet you here..."

"This store is not that bad! You're going to have to come in here sooner or later. Every girl does."

"I'm not every girl."

"You're still a girl."

"Barely!"

"Still a girl!" Teagan grabbed Oriana's arm. "Come on!"

"I'VE GOT TO GO TO THE MUSIC STORE!" Oriana grunted, struggling to pull away. She sighed with satisfaction as she tore away from Teagan's grasp, accidentally bumping into a group of good-looking men. "Sorry!"

"Mmmm, no problem..." one answered with a sly grin.

"SHE'S TAKEN!" Teagan blurted.

"Sorry, boys. Gotta go!" Oriana called, running off to the music store.
"You let her get away!" Teagan grunted, pushing through the group to catch Oriana. Teagan groaned softly as her feet started to ache from the heeled boots, noticing Oriana quickly slipping into the expensive Music Store. Teagan stopped at the entrance, carefully peering into the store to see what Oriana was so secretive about.

Teagan's eyes grew wide when the store owner showed Oriana the expensive guitar strap that was obviously for Howie. Teagan had to resist the urge to coo as she noticed the guitar strap was imprinted with ‘H.D. & O.R., 09-07-04' all over the celtic imprinted strap. And Teagan quickly remembered that was the day that they first kissed. But the next gift surprised Teagan the most. She wanted the store owner then hand Oriana a leather bound music book with a engraved silver plaque reading: Kevin Scott Richardson. Oriana then opened the large book to reveal personalized music sheets specifically for Kevin.

"They're both great. Thank you so much," Oriana complimented the man, handing him her credit card.

"You're very welcome," he replied, taking the card and ringing up the items. He handed her a receipt she quickly signed. Taking the copy, he placed that in the bag along with the strap and music book. "You have a great day, Miss."

"You, too," Oriana called with a sweet smile, heading toward the exit. She seemed content with her purchases until bumping straight into Teagan. Her eyes grew wide in surprise as she stumbled backward. "Gabby!"

"Um... hi?" Teagan replied sheepishly. She hadn't meant to get caught watching.

"What are you doing? You were supposed to be getting Momma's blue thing.... Were you spying on me?!"

"I was trying to get you to come back with me and... and I wasn't spying!"
"Bullshit card drawn!"

"I wasn't spying! I was curious on what you were hiding from me!"

"I wasn't hiding anything. I just needed to stop by this store and Victoria's Secret was at the opposite side. I know you're probably killing in those heels and I didn't want to make a big deal," Oriana groaned, motioning toward the opposite end of the mall.

"Well, then I wasn't spying if you weren't hiding. By the way, though... those gifts for Howie and Kevin are really nice. They're going to love them."

"Excuse me?" Oriana choked.

"They're going to love their gifts."

Oriana glanced toward her best friend, noticing the surprise still lingering in her blue-gray eyes. She bit down on her bottom lip, letting the shopping bags hang down at her side. "What?"

"You and Kevin are getting closer, aren't you?"

"No," Oriana scoffed.

"So that's why you got him that personalized music book with personalized sheet music?"

"Gabby, it's completely different. I had to return the favor after he got me that diamond necklace and earrings..."

"I don't think it's returning a favor," Teagan replied. She already knew that Kevin bought Oriana the necklace and earrings. "It's okay to get close to him, you know."

"I don't know about that..." Oriana trailed, remembering how sweet most of the boyfriends had started out. Then in a split second, the evil surfaced to drown her. She felt her heart slam against her chest at just the mere remembrance, yet Kevin seemed so kind. He seemed like the type of man who could be a real father. "I really just wanted to return the favor for the expensive gift. He has the music studio... Just figured it be nice to give him that."

"Well, it is a really nice thought to get him this present," Teagan agreed, deciding to change the subject. "Come on, we need to go to Victoria's Secret."

"Why do you want me to go in there?!"

"Because you need to!"

"WHY?!"

"BECAUSE I SAID SO!"

"Why?" she continued, not letting go.

"Do you have to keep asking me why? Can't you just come into the store with me?" Teagan was getting frustrated.

"Do you honestly think I'm going to go in there and buy some stupid teddy for Howie to view for Prom or something?" Oriana questioned, knowing exactly how Teagan's mind worked. They would buy Cassandra her blue bustier, but then Teagan would force Oriana deeper to look at the assorted intimate styles of clothing for Howie and Brian's viewing pleasure.

"Girls usually wear teddy's under their Prom dresses, regardless if their date sees them or not," Teagan replied. She had been to many Proms and knew the in's and out's.

"Bullshit, you want Howie to see whatever you want me to pick out."

"I'm not gonna force you into that. If you want Howie too see it, that's your choice."

"Is that your present to Brian?"

"That... and one more thing. I have to go back to that jewlery store and pick something up."

"What are you getting him?"

"A necklace."

"You already got him a ring---"

"Are you going to come into the store with me?"

"What if I did let Howie see... I mean... He wouldn't have to touch if I didn't want him... I mean... Would he like that? Should I do it for him?" Oriana pondered with a puzzled look, letting Teagan slowly inch her into the store.

"Howie respects you so much, Riana. If you wore the teddy for him, he would like it. But I also know that if you don't want to go too far, he'll listen."

"So you think I should?"

"It's not up to me, it's up to you."

"I'm asking your opinion."

"If I was you, I would," Teagan pulled them over to the bustier sets for Cassandra.

"Can we make this a light blue type of thing? Like, nothing we're going to be seeing this thing through her wedding gown... Because I have no desire to see Momma's goods through the cream..."

"And neither do I," Teagan laughed, looking through the lighter blue sets. "Oooh! This one is perfect!"

"Looks like a winner to me?" Oriana guessed, not really having a clue what to look for. "It has little hearts..."

"It's a light blue, the right size for Ma and had little pink hearts all over. She's going to love it," Teagan placed it over her arm.

"And it'll hold up those granny stockings..." Oriana countered, trying not to snicker.

"Don't you say that to her on the wedding day," Teagan tried not to laugh as well.

"You really think she'd clock me on her wedding day and risk blood on her wedding dress?" Oriana asked in a mock look of shock, trying to maintain as Teagan tugged her toward the sexy sleepwear.

"She'd ground you, then clock you after changing out of her dress," Teagan replied as they reached the teddies.

"Do we really have to do this?" Oriana whined, already knowing her mind was set on purchasing one for Howie's pleasure. He had done so much for her, the least she could do was buy a teddy.

"Oh, you know you want to buy one for Howie. Besides, you can get any color you want."

"But---"

"Just pick one that you'll like and we'll take it from there, okay?"

"It's like a one piece bathing suit that exposes...everything..." Oriana decided with a frown, flipping through the series of sexy lingerie.

"That's kind of the point," Teagan chuckled as she looked for a black and hot pink teddy. She already had the perfect one in mind and hoped they had it.

"I don't know if I'm cool with... What the Hell is that?" Oriana screeched in surprise as Teagan plucked her favorite teddy away from the bunch with a triumphant giggle.

"This is my favorite teddy!"

"Oh...Lord..." Oriana gasped as Teagan held the flimsy teddy against her body. The top was a hot pink and the reveal bottom portion was pink with a see-through black netting connecting both portions.

"What?" Teagan looked up at Oriana quizzically.

"You're not even going to have that thing on for ten minutes when he gets hold of you..." Oriana guessed, frowning at the thought in her head.

"That's exactly why I'm buying it!" Teagan declared with a giggle.

"So you've already..."

She nodded. "The weekend y'all went camping."

"I figured as much…” Oriana trailed, deciding she wanted to get her own feelings of sex out to someone besides Howie. She flipped through a few more sets, her eyes lightly softly at the sweet white silk camisole. She pulled it out for Teagan's view. The top portion hugged her bust line with no straps, so it could easily hide beneath her prom dress, but was covered with cherries and the word 'Sweet' all over. The soft see-through material then flared softly out from the bust line, ending just near the start of the cherry-printed high-cut bikini bottoms with flimsy red strings.

"It was like Victoria thought of designs and made that one especially for you. Riana, that's the perfect teddy for you," Teagan enthused as she placed it against Oriana for a moment. "Not too innocent, but not Moulin Rouge-ish, either."

"Figure white will remind me to wait for my wedding..." Oriana stated uneasily, glancing down.

"With the way you and Howie are, it will be your wedding day. I know he doesn't rush you into anything-- that's the one thing I knew about him right away, was that he treats women like queens and will never disrespect them."

"But what if I want to rush?" Oriana whispered quietly.

"You do?" Teagan asked softly, smiling a little. She knew how much Oriana loved Howie.

"Um..." Oriana faltered, scowling herself lightly. Teagan wasn't supposed to hear that comment. Ever since meeting Howie, all the thoughts that were supposed to remain inside had a way of popping out. She shook her head in disbelief as she took back the intimate clothing. "Do we try these on or what? I've never been in here...
"
"I never try them on. But if you want to, you can."

"Let’s just get the Hell out of here so I can burn the bag as evidence!"

*~*~*


"Damn! I love the Carylye!" Oriana hooted, jumping onto the king sized bed in the middle of their large room. She had a large slice of Domino's Pizza in her mouth as she danced around to her music. She had never felt so free in her life. All the pressure from Brian's hate had been lifted and she was finally released from the pain of her house. She eagerly jumped on her bed, shaking her butt to the beat of her favorite mix CD. The jacuzzi had been absolutely wonderful to relax in after their day of shopping, but now she was revved from the pizza. And Teagan seemed awfully amused watching Oriana's bursts of energy while she lounged on the soft couch in the corner of the room near the balcony, painting her toenails.

"I don't even have to watch TV, you're my entertainment," Teagan laughed as she wiped off some black nail polish off her toe.

"Do you honestly know how long it's been since I've ate some hardcore pizza? I should be fruiting and salading this week then switching to carbs for Thursday, but I'm on vacation. And Damn! I'm just completely content living in this hotel!" Oriana hooted, bouncing in a circle as she finished her pizza.

"Well, it's nice to see you so happy. It really is," Teagan smiled, finishing her toe nails.

"Just wait till that Ben and Jerry's comes up..." Oriana declared, hopping off the bed as 'Redneck Woman' by Gretchen Wilson started to play. Over the summer she had gone to a few country line dancing classes, just hoping they'd come in use if she went to Duke. She quickly stepped into the various maneuvers, grabbing another slice of pizza over the quick turn in the dance. "Starting on your fingernails, now?"

"Yes, I am. For some reason, I was in the mood for black nails," Teagan replied as she started on her fingernails. "I would ask you to help me with my right hand, but that's like asking a scarecrow to light a fire."

"Awe, smart Gabby!" Oriana cooed, twisting her hips to the beat.

"Awe, smartass Riana!" she retorted.

"Oh, bite me!" Oriana groaned, finishing her second piece of the cold pizza. She smiled with delight, continuing the same swivel of the hips as she walked toward her boom box. Absolutely loving the song, she sang proudly, "Well, I ain't never been the Barbie doll type / No, I can't swig that sweet Champagne, I'd rather drink beer all night / In a tavern or in a honky tonk or on a four-wheel drive tailgate / I've got posters on my wall of Skynyrd, Kid and Strait / Some people look down on me, but I don't give a rip / I'll stand barefooted in my own front yard with a baby on my hip / 'Cause I'm a redneck woman / I ain't no high class broad / I'm just a product of my raising / I say, 'hey y'all' and 'yee-haw'"

"That song describes you so well..." Teagan laughed as she watched Oriana line dance.

"So here's to all my sisters out there keeping it country / Let me get a big 'hell yeah' from the redneck girls like me, hell yeah!" Oriana sang proudly, actually not caring who heard her beautiful voice. She placed her good hand onto the hem of her short boxers as if she were hugging her belt buckle like those in the country bar. Yet, she offered a little modern dance into the country line dancing.

"Hell yeah!" Teagan sang along with the chorus in the song's background.

"Victoria's Secret, well their stuff's real nice / But I can buy the same damn thing on a Wal-Mart shelf half price / And still look sexy, just as sexy as those models on TV / No, I don't need no designer tag to make my man want me / Well, you might think I'm trashy, a little too hardcore / But in my neck of the woods I'm just the girl next door---" Oriana's powerful singing voice suddenly dropped when she threw open the door to discover a handsome bellhop holding her pint of Ben and Jerry's and a vase of beautiful red and white roses. "Hi?" she squeaked with a laugh, finding her cheeks blushing.

"Very nice singing," he chuckled. "A pint of ice cream for Miss Riley and flowers for Miss Eavans."

"Heaven sent!" Oriana declared with an innocent smile as Teagan killed the music. Teagan quickly sprung forward to seize the flowers as Oriana lingered to receive her ice cream. She smiled yet again as she glanced down at her clinging tank top that exposed the bottom portion of her toned stomach as her short boxers settled against her hips, her hair hanging in two wet braided pigtails - she looked almost like a sweet fallen angel. "C'you hold on one second? I don't have my wallet in these shorts..."

"Don't worry about a tip. Your little concert was much better than money," the bellhop smiled as Teagan handed him some money of her own for the flowers.

"Thank you!" Teagan replied with a smile as she ran back into the living room'.

"Are you sure? Because I can just..." Oriana's voice trailed when she noticed the bellhop admiring her figure. She felt herself blush yet again at the attention she hardly received from the male persuasion.

"Riana, come on! Your favorite movie is on tv!" Teagan's voice called from the room.

"Mother's calling..." Oriana joked, glancing back into the boy's beautiful brown eyes, who only seemed to remind her of Howie. "It was really nice of you to... Well, it was your job. So, nice to meet you?"

"Nice to meet you," he replied. "If you need anything, I'll be of service."

"All weekend?" she laughed softly.

"You're here all weekend?"

"Till Monday--"

"In that case," the bellhop decided, plucking a marker from his pocket. He eagerly wrote his name and cell phone number on her cast. "Don't be a stranger while you're in this city. I can show you the real nightlife."

"Um...thanks... Are you sure you don't want any money?"

"Positive. I'll just hope to hear from you soon, Miss Riley," he gave a flashing smile before walking towards the elevators.

"RIANA! GET YOUR BUTT BACK HERE, YOU'RE WITH HOWIE!"

Oriana lingered in the doorway for a moment, absolutely confused by the chain reaction of events. She noticed him turn for a moment to blow a kiss. She gurgled something in her throat, immediately pushing the door shut behind her. She shook her head in disbelief, popping the top of her Ben and Jerry's Half Baked Ice Cream. She dug her spoon deep into the ice cream, popping the spoon into her mouth as she traveled into the pseudo living room, plopping down on the couch with Teagan, who was admiring her flowers. "Who are they from?" she asked, balancing the pint on her lap so she could hide her cast.

“Brian. Today is our one month anniversary, so he sent me my favorite flowers," Teagan smiled, reading the card he had sent along with the bouquet. She looked up at Oriana with a raised eyebrow. "What took you so long with the bellhop? Was he hitting on you?"

"Today's honestly your one month anniversary?" Oriana asked in surprise, hoping to keep Teagan on that subject.

"Yeah, it is. Doesn't feel like a month already."

"Those flowers are really pretty," Oriana decided, leaning in to smell the soft scent of the roses. Brian could be a complete sweetheart when he was with Teagan, which Oriana was thankful for. Oriana knew her best friend needed someone to love, but it just made it harder to know that the same boy probably have sweet dreams of murdering her while he slept beside her best friend.

"Do you want one?" Teagan asked with a smile.

"No, they're yours."

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah, I'm positive," she answered, staring at the TV. If she took one of those roses, Brian might strike her dead. She knew better.

"Alright... what did that bellhop want?" she asked, knowing that something did occur.

"Nothing," Oriana answered, staring straight ahead.

"Liar."

"I was trying to give him some money for running up the ice cream, but he kept refusing--"

"What's his name?"

Oriana quickly glanced to her cast. "Will---" she stopped mid-sentence when she realized what she did. "Shit..."

"Did he write on your cast?!" Teagan shrieked in surprise.

"Um...maybe?" Oriana replied carefully, pulling her cast back. Yet, Teagan would think nothing of the sort. She set her vase on the nearby coffee table, snatching Oriana's cast into her hands. She admired the bellhop's signature, smiling with amusement. "What are you thinking?"

"One is now you know guys like you because you're beautiful. Another is that you need to get that number off there or else Howie is going to flip."

"It's permanent marker!" Oriana screeched, staring down at the name and number. "You really think he's going to kill me? Or can we just chalk it up to a funny joke? Because the guy probably had a bet going with the other bellhop that brought up the pizza..."

"Well, how would you feel if the tables were turned and Howie came back with a girl’s phone number on his cast?"

"It wasn't my fault!"

"I know. But answer my question."

"I'd probably cry, but Howie doesn't think the way I do. He trusts me. Plus, if I scribbled it out, he would still know that something was there that he wasn't supposed to see. It's not like I'm ever going to see this dude again... Okay, take that back, because he'll probably be taking all our Room Service requests... So I'll just let you answer them--- It wasn't my fault!" Oriana stumbled in disbelief, knowing she was in deep trouble. She offered an innocent pout, "You don't think the silk boxers will get me out of this mess?”

"Silk boxers plus the guitar strap will definitely help you. Hun, don't worry. As long as you tell him the guy wrote it all down before you could stop him, he'll be okay with it."

"He's going to kill me," Oriana moaned.

"Stop it, he will not."

"He's not going to believe me. He's so paranoid about freaking Mac--"

"Mac is totally different than this situation. The bellhop isn't an asshole like Mac is, and you won't ever see him again."

"I'm so screwed---" Oriana yelped in surprise when the phone rang shrilly. She was so shaken that she fell off the couch, gently bumping the back of her head on the soft carpet. She groaned openly, remembering how Howie had tackled her before.

"Riana, are you okay?!" Teagan burst out laughing, the phone still ringing.
"I want my ice cream!" she sulked, sitting up from the carpet. She reached onto the couch to snatch her pint and spoon. She dug the spoon heavily into the ice cream, popping it into her mouth.

"Sometimes, I swear it's like having a child..." Teagan rolled her eyes as she answered the phone. "Hello?"

"BRAINFREEZE! HOLY SHIT! THAT'S BRAINFREEZE!" Oriana suddenly yelped, rushing out of the living room area, tapping on her forehead.

"SERVES YOU RIGHT FOR ACTING LIKE A KID AND EATING TOO FAST!" Teagan called after Oriana, laughing. "I'm sorry, who is this?"

"Howie?" the voice answered with an amused questioning tone.

"I'D RATHER HAVE MY ASS FROZEN!" Oriana screeched even louder, running around the circular pattern of their suite. She didn't seem to notice that she continued to pass through the living room, bathroom, and bedroom.

"H-Howie, hold on a minute," Teagan placed a hand over the receiver. "DRINK SOME WARM WATER AND GET YOUR ASS BACK HERE! HOWIE'S ON THE PHONE!"

Oriana only ran a few more times, completely oblivious to Teagan's comment. She sighed with relief as she fell onto the couch, rubbing her sore temples. She reached for her ice cream yet again, taking another smaller bite. "Damn ice cream... Damn bellhop..."

"AHEM. Your boyfriend HOWIE is on the phone, you dumbass."

"Huh?" Oriana choked.

"Howie. You know, the sexy Spanish man you have back home?"

Oriana's blue-green eyes fired with surprise. She swallowed the mouthful of ice cream quickly, scrambling to reach the phone. “'Lo?" she blurted.

"Having some problems with ice cream and a bellhop, Baby?" he chuckled.

"Baby!" she cooed.

"Hey, I thought I would just call and see how New York is going."

"It's...um...pretty interesting?" she guessed, glancing down at her defiled cast.

"Especially with those bellhops," he teased.

"Huh? What do you know about the bellhops?" she squeaked.

"I just heard you say 'Damn bellhop'."

"Oh..." she trailed, laughing tensely. She scooped another spoon of ice cream, popping it into her mouth. She felt like she was on fire just with Howie's voice. She took several deep breaths to calm herself. "How's Orlando, Baby?"

"Same old, same old. It's really boring without you here, and Alex is already driving me nuts,"

"Already driving you nuts?" Oriana laughed. "Jamie can't be that bad."

"Maybe it's just because you keep him in line."

"Then you keep him in line for yourself, Baby."

"Somehow I don't have the kind of authority that you keep."

"Maybe it was those martial arts awards he saw..." Oriana trailed with a familiar smile, knowing that Howie couldn't see it anyway. She let them both go silent for a few moments before speaking up, "Corey and Catie... Did they call you at all?"

"No, they haven't called me yet. No news is good news with them, right?"

"Right..." Oriana trailed, biting down on her bottom lip. She suddenly wished they would have at least called to say hello to Howie.

"Well, maybe they'll call me tomorrow to say Hi or something," Howie replied, trying to cheer her up. "I know they miss you almost as much as me."

"You think?" she asked with a soft lopsided smile.

"I think so," he chuckled. "Do you miss me?"

"I miss you like crazy," Oriana confided with an innocent laugh, causing Teagan to coo. Oriana tried to ignore her friend, shifting on the couch and pushing the ice cream away. She held the phone closer to her ear, curling slightly into a ball to conceal the low tones of her conversation. "I love having Gabby in my bed, but you're so much better to cuddle with..."

"Aw..." Howie cooed as well. "My bed's so cold and empty without you, too. It's not the same. Your loving brother Alex even offered to be your replacement... I just pray to God he was kidding."

"He's not too bad to cuddle with..."

"But I'm a guy!"

"And I cuddle with Gabby."

"It's different."

"Oh yeah?"

"Yeah!"

"He spending the night with you or what?"

"He should be over here soon. That's why I called you now, so he couldn't snatch the phone away from me. I think he might be going as crazy as me without you. He wants to go flying tomorrow with us. John's all ready for it. He wants to take you and me for a quick spin before Prom. How about that?"

"Me...and heights?" she asked, swallowing hard.

"You don't like flying?"

"Flying's okay... But heights are just a little much... Gabby had to take the outside seat on the flight."

"Well, you could sit in the middle seat. Or if you don't want to, that's okay--"

"If you really want to go, I'll go," Oriana interrupted quickly. "I'm just going to probably be attached to you..."

"Sounds fine to me. How was the dress shopping?"

"Dress shopping... Oh, I bailed out on that."

"What?" Howie asked in disbelief.

Teagan raised an eyebrow. "You did not--"

"Yeah, I met this bellhop while Teagan was going down to catch the cab to the dress place. Ended up spending the whole day with him--"

"Stop lying!" Teagan smacked Oriana's shoulder.

"Howie?" Oriana yelped into the receiver as he went silent.

"What?"

"I'm completely bullshitting because I'm hoping the worst case scenario next to what really happened won't look so terrible--- "

"What do you mean? What happened?"

"We went and got our dresses, both of them in fact, in the same day... In the same trip..."

"You got dresses?" he asked, smiling.

"Yeah, we got them after we put our stuff at the hotel... But today we went out shopping for just gifts for the entire family. We got back and my knee was killing me, so I got a jacuzzi tubby. Gosh, that was so nice. So I get out and I order a killer Domino's pizza for dinner and I'm cramming this away and decide I want ice cream. Which, I shouldn't have even had either because of the dance recital and the football game, but anyway, this bellhop comes up and gives Teagan the flowers Brian gave her for their month anniversary and he has my ice cream. He heard me singing and I try to give him a tip, but he won't let me. He asks me how long we're staying and I say the weekend and he throws his name on my cast with a number telling me to get a hold of him. ALL before I could tell him I'm madly in love with this guy in Florida who's sexier than all the bellhops put together in this entire hotel..." Oriana explained in one long breath.

"Wow... a very productive day," Howie chuckled, knowing he didn't have to worry about the bellhop.

"Excuse me?" she blanked.

"A very productive day. Baby, I'm not mad about the bellhop, because you're right. He didn't know that I was the boyfriend of the amazingly beautiful country singing girl."

"You're not mad?" she repeated.

"Why would I be mad?"

"So I got worried for nothing?" she asked, not bothering to answer his question. She groaned inwardly at her foolishness, standing up. She tossed the phone toward Teagan. She grumbled as she walked into the bedroom. "Holy freaking Hell! I get all worried about this hot-ass bellhop writes his name and number on my cast and Howie doesn't even give a shit? Now I feel sick..."

"Dude, Howie, what the Hell did you say to her?" Teagan asked.

"I said I wasn't mad about the bellhop?" Howie replied quizzically in confusion. He had never heard such a sour tone in a woman's voice when she should be happy.

"Oh..." Teagan trailed, clicking her tongue with a laugh. She heard the bathroom door shut and soon enough the recoiling of Oriana's stomach contents. She winced slightly, knowing Oriana had overdone it on the milk products when she was lactose intolerant and not used to eating so much. "Then that was her way of saying I love you and sweet dreams."

"Is she mad at me? Because I know if I had been all pissed off and jealous, she would have freaked out on me. I was going to tell her that I trust her and that I didn't have to worry about bellhops hitting on her because we love each other too much to let anyone get in between us," Howie replied, feeling bad.

"That was just her...um...Oriana Ryan Riley Emotions?" Teagan tried to explain, hearing the toilet flush and the sink water start. She coiled the phone cord around her finger, staring at the beautiful roses. "She honestly thought you were going to flip a shit, so she worked out this whole speech. But I honestly think all the milk products got to her worse than your sympathy... Don't worry Howie, when she realizes what she said, she'll call you right back begging for forgiveness. She operates like a guy sometimes, so expect a call at any time."

"Alright..." Howie bit his lip hard, still feeling bad. "Tell her I said good-night and that I love her for me?"

"She's going to call you back tonight," Teagan promised, hearing the bathroom door open and close. She heard Oriana's pathetic shuffle of her feet, the peeling back of the covers, then Oriana launching herself right into the middle. "I guarantee she'll call you back tonight."

"Well, I'll be up for awhile. Thanks, Teag."

"You're welcome, Howie. Goodnight."

Howie mumbled some kind of reply as Teagan hung up the phone. She gently clicked her tongue, feeling slightly bad for Howie. Oriana had the oddest behavior at times that was too difficult to define. She knew that before the night was out, Oriana would scramble for the phone. She just had to wait until Oriana got the picture.

"First relationships are always the hardest," Teagan laughed with amusement, sniffing her beautiful flowers yet again as the phone rang. She almost expected it to be Howie asking if Oriana was okay.

"Teags?!" Brian's voice rang excitedly, instead.

"BABY!" Teagan cooed happily.

"How are you doing?"

"I'm good. Thank you for the flowers, that was too sweet."

"I knew you would like them," he answered with a hardy laugh, approving of her excitement. "Red and White Roses, for love and friendship."

"They are absolutely beautiful, I'm going to save each and every one. How are you doing at home?"

"I'm...okay, I guess," he answered softly. Truth be told, things had been worse for him without Teagan. The wedding plans were taking a lot of time in the entire household and Brian had no where to escape. The football team seemed to repel him like he was a diseased rat while Alex and Howie assured on keeping their distance. Nick seemed to be the only one somewhat communicating with him. Things were always different when Teagan was around. "I just want you home soon."

"I know, Bri. Just a couple more days and I'll be back in your arms," she replied, feeling bad for her boyfriend. She knew how despised he was on the team ever since the first practice and that a lot of people avoided him if she wasn't around. She wanted to go home to him badly, but also loved spending time alone with Oriana.

"Couple more days seems like eternity."

"An eternity and a half," Teagan groaned softly, getting up to crawl under the covers on the king sized bed. She snuggled into the pillow, imagining he was with her. "We'll do whatever you want when I come home, okay? That's something else to look forward to."

"Anything I want? Like run away from Tartan?"

"Tartan's not that bad," she scolded.

"Okay... Okay..." he sighed softly.

"We've only got about six months of school left until Graduation, I'm sure you can hang in there."

"I'll be okay as long as you're with me," Brian decided.

"And of course I will be with you. Always," Teagan replied, twirling some of her short locks around her index finger. The ring he gave her sparkled in the soft lamplight. "Brian... you haven't seen him, have you?"

"Who?"

"...Xander."

"No..." Brian trailed in surprise. "Teags, he's going to leave you alone."

"I've thought that before, Brian. He doesn't go away..." Teagan chewed on her nails. "But if you do see him, just run--"

"I'm not going to run from him. He doesn't scare me and if he does come anywhere near me - I'll kill him. I'm going to protect you, Teags. You're not going to get hurt by him again."

"You don't understand what he's capable of. He almost killed me--"

"Because of fucking Oriana," Brian breathed quietly without thought, though it sounded like a muffled connection to Teagan.

"Brian, what was that? The connection got bad for a moment."

"Nothing, Honey," Brian cooed. "I'm just saying that I'm going to protect you. Don't worry a thing about Xander. You're not going to get hurt, okay? I promise you."

"Just don't get hurt either... I love you too much and I don't want to lose you."

"You're not going to lose me."

"I know..." Teagan sighed. "Anyway, enough sad stuff. You know what I'm going to do for you when I get home?"

"Something really exciting?"

"Something extremely exciting," she agreed.

"What?" he asked curiously.

"Sorry, Baby... you gotta wait to see when I get home."

"But---"

"No buts, it's a surprise. Trust me, when you see it you'll be glad it was a surprise."

"But---"

"I'm not going to tell you, Brian Thomas."

"You're not fair!"

"But you love me!"

"Yeah, but---"

"If you say 'but' one more time I'll come through the phone and smack your ass."

"Does that mean you'd be here with me?" he countered curiously.

"I can't physically go through the phone, it was an empty threat," she giggled.

"D-amn," he moaned pathetically. "I just wanted someone to cuddle with tonight. Is that so much to ask?"

"No, it's not. Just sleep with the teddy bear I gave you this morning."

"He is kind of cute..." Brian trailed, giving Teagan the opportunity to imagine the sweet smirk across his handsome face. "I'll cuddle up with him tonight. Alex is staying over at D's house... So, no pictures of me with the teddy..."

"That's because it's my job to take the embarrassing pictures," Teagan snickered. "So when I come back, you better be careful."

"Is that a threat, Miss Eavans?"

"Always..." she giggled.

"Well, you better just have a Happy Anniversary then, because payback will be a bitch."

"Right back at you--" she yawned heavily. "Oh, my goodness. It's getting late."

"Too hard picking out pretty dresses?" Brian teased softly, hearing her yawn yet again. He smiled softly, wishing he could at least stroke her cheek softly. "I better let you get some rest for your next day of adventure, huh?"

"Every day is something different here in New York... I just wish I could kiss you goodnight," Teagan mumbled, her eyelids drooping.

"Well...here!" Brian declared brightly, smooching loudly into the telephone.

Teagan's eyes snapped open with surprise, laughing before doing the same. "I love you, Brian! Sweet dreams."

"Only dream about me, Baby."

"You're the only one I would ever want to dream about."

"Good," he answered, doing the smooches yet again. "Love you and happy anniversary."

"Love you too, happy anniversary. I'll call you tomorrow," she made kissing noises.

Somehow, they managed to drift their conversation into an actual goodbye. Teagan felt absolutely content as she turned onto her back, staring up into the darkness with a smile on her face. Brian was the absolutely the most adorable man in her eyes. She thought of Brian as she felt Oriana carefully shift to cuddle up against her. Though, instead of wrapping her bracing her good arm on Teagan's arm like a pillow, she placed her hand against Teagan's mouth. Oriana mumbled sleepily, "You done sucking face through a phone?"
Teagan nodded, muttering. "Yeah, are you done making out with the toilet?"

"Knew I shouldn't have ate that much. I really got to stick to the fruit and salad till this dance recital..." Oriana replied, releasing Teagan's mouth so she could cuddle like normal.

"You were just excited about being in New York," Teagan replied, cuddling closer to Oriana. "The ice cream and your intolerance probably didn't help, either."

"I'm sticking to fruit and salads...mixed with a McDonald's breakfast?" Oriana decided with an innocent spark in her eyes.

"Sounds good to me," Teagan answered sleepily, closing her eyes. "Howie was worried you were mad at him, though."

"Howie?" Oriana asked in confusion.

"You know, your boyfriend."

Oriana stayed silent for a few moments, letting the memories run through her brain. She lurched up from the bed, cursing, "Shit!" She gently reached over Teagan to snatch the phone. She then turned in the bed to her own side, letting Teagan fall asleep as she hurriedly punched Howie's cell phone number. "Shit, shit, shit, shit!"

"Hello?" Howie's voice filtered through the phone.

"Baby, I am so sorry," Oriana blurted without thought, feeling extremely guilty.

"Ria? Sweetie, it's okay. Maybe I should have reacted differently when you told me about the bellhop--"

"No! That's not it at all. I just had like two slices of pizza and that ice cream... I was feeling the sickness bubble and I guess I just needed a way to get off the phone. I was an idiot to even yell at you for it..." Oriana interrupted, running her hand through her tangled locks with worry.

"You didn't yell at me, but you really got sick?"

"Too much milk..." Oriana answered. "Sticking to fruit, salad, and McDonald's breakfast... But, honestly, Baby, I'm really sorry about ditching you like that. Gabby said you were upset, but I didn't mean to do that."

"Well, I was upset because I thought you were upset. I didn't know that you had gotten sick from eating too much food. You don't need to apologize," Howie replied, glad Oriana wasn't mad at him.

"This is so stupid, we're fighting over being sorry," Oriana answered with a soft laugh, settling down against her pillows. She felt Teagan turn to cuddle against her back, making her squeal quietly with surprise.

"I know, and I thought it was bad with my sisters and their boyfriends," Howie chuckled, enjoying the private conversation.

"We'll just have to go down in the record books, but I'm so quitting if we start fighting about who's hanging up first."

"I refuse to let that happen."

"You're not the only one, because I will hang up first," Oriana joked, feeling Teagan's arm wrap around her waist like she was a teddy bear. She rolled her eyes with amusement, finally allowing them to drift close just with the sound of Howie's voice. "Jamie over yet?"

"Yeah, he's playing video games with John and his friends. I'm just glad he's not in here bugging me," Howie replied, leaning back on his pillows. He felt himself float along with her voice.

"You should be playing with your friend."

"I don't like the video games they're playing. Besides, I wanna talk to my girl."

"You still should be playing with your friend, instead of passing him off to your big brother."

"Hey, he was bugging John to let him play. I wasn't going to stop him. He's been under a lot of stress lately with the way Brian is."

"He isn't giving you guys trouble this weekend, is he?"

"Not yet. That's why I decided we should stay at my house until you girls come back. Kevin said it was alright, Alex just needs to be home at certain times for wedding stuff."

"Good..." she trailed, biting down hard on her bottom lip. She felt so guilty for placing Alex and Howie in such a hard place with Brian. Before her, nothing had gone wrong between the three. From what she understood, they were the greatest of friends with Nick included. Now they were in opposite sides of a bitter war.

"So, what do you two have planned for tomorrow?" he asked, changing the subject. He knew she felt guilty for Brian's attitude, but it wasn't her fault.

"Tomorrow's Saturday... She's dragging me somewhere... Sunday is the Spa, so we might hit some of the clubs or something tomorrow---"

"You both be careful at the clubs."

"We don't know for sure if that's what we're doing," Oriana answered, figuring Howie's protective scowl was crossing his facial features. She smiled softly just at the mere picture inside her mind. "I want to check out the Freakatorium, supposed to be some killer stuff in that..."

"The Freaka-what?"

"Freakatorium, Baby. It's like a museum of sorts. Like it has these weird animals, like a living two-headed turtle... The bones of Saint Matthew... And like shrunken heads and stuff!" Oriana answered with an excited tone.

"You really want to go to that freak show?"

"More than anything," she confirmed, yawning slightly. "But you know what I want to do more than anything right now?"

"What, Babe?"

"Rather than have Teagan cuddling next to me, which I love, don't get my wrong... I would really much rather be in your room right now, which I've never even seen, cuddling next to you in your neatly folded down bed, trailing my fingers against your bare chest, telling you how much I love you," Oriana cooed softly.

"Awe, Riana... that's so sweet," Howie blushed with a smile. "I wish you were here, too. More than anything."

"I'd hop a flight home if it weren't for needing someone's hand during the flight and Teagan trailing me with a shotgun..."

"I know. But you'll be home soon, and then you can spend the night at my house."

"Huh?"

"Unless you don't want to spend the night at my house--"

"No, it's not that... I just don't want to make your parents uncomfortable, or your sisters, or your brother for that matter... I mean, are they going to approve? It’s different when you spend the night here because you can say you crashed in Jamie’s room or Brian’s room… I just wouldn't feel right without---"

"How about you come over for dinner Tuesday after practices and meet everyone? They're going to love you so much that they would never mind you staying the night."

"I'd like that..." Oriana stated softly, it had been so long since she had seen a normal family.

"Mama cooks like a fiend. You'll never be able to eat again."

"I don't think I can eat that much..."

"We try telling her that, but she still does it. So we usually invited Nick and Alex over to eat the rest."

"I can bring them with me if you want..."

"No, this is going to be just you, me and my family..." they were silent for a moment. "Don't be scared about meeting them."

"Terrified more appropriate?"

"Don't be terrified. You'll do great, just be yourself."

"Be myself in a house dominated by females?"

"Yes, be yourself," he repeated, stifling a small yawn.

"Okay," she answered, hearing him yawn louder. "Baby, you're tired."

"But I--" he yawned again. "Wanna talk to my Ria."

"You want to sleep," she corrected.

"But--"

"Baby, I'm not going to keep you up. You need your sleep, besides, Jamie'll just wake you up when he comes into the room. You're going to need your sleep for flying tomorrow... Which I'm saying be careful at yet again... But have sweet dreams."

"I'll be careful, as always. My dreams are of you, so of course they're sweet. I love you, Sweetie."

"We getting a PG-13 Rating in your dreams? Or am I looking at an NC-17 or R when I get back home?" she teased softly.

"PG-13 on its way to R," he chuckled.

"Bet it's kinky..."

"With your twisted little mind, it sure is."

"And now I'm making a note to buy a hardcore metal chastity belt before coming home..."

*~*~*


"You're not supposed to pick up massage techniques, Oriana Ryan Riley! You're supposed to be enjoying the massage yourself!" Teagan scolded loudly as she tugged heavily on Oriana's arm, dragging her through the tranquil halls of the exclusive spa. It was already early Sunday afternoon and Teagan wanted to enjoy everything the expensive spa had to offer. So far she and a forced Oriana had participated in full body massages, manicures, pedicures, reflexology, European facials, and many other offers that Oriana found revolting. Now, Teagan was forcing Oriana into the luxury of a large mud bath.

"I like to massage! Can you blame me?" Oriana groaned, tugging to hold her soft terry-cloth robe tighter to her bikini-clad body. She had already been dipped, waxed, fluffed, and Oriana was waiting to be thrown in a huge dryer.
"But this is a time to enjoy, not a time to learn! Come on, we need to relax in the mud bath. You're going to love it," Teagan replied as they reached a huge room with many pools filled with smooth mud.

"Can't I just sit on the sidelines and take pictures of you?" Oriana asked hopefully, motioning toward the camera their mothers had insisted on packing specifically for the spa. Oriana knew better, after the mud bath they would do something else to her to purify the mud and she dreaded that. She glanced down at the largest pool of mud, fitted for two, and stopped. "Honestly! I get this treatment on the damn field every practice! Ain't seen no improvement in my complexion or whatever!"

"That's because it's dirty mud--"

"That's what mud is!"

"No, this is medicated mud that does help your skin, unlike the kind you get smothered in at practice."

"Medicated mud?" Oriana snorted, unable to keep a straight face. "You honestly think this goo is medicated? Bet they go down to the farm portion of New York and get a good price from those cattle farmers, then charge us triple the damn price promising its rejuvenating and good for aching muscles!"

"You shut your mouth right now and get in that mud before I push you in," Teagan threatened.

"You're absolutely insane," Oriana cackled, noticing the blush of fury streaking cross her friend's cheeks. Oriana tugged on the special cast protector her mother had gotten for this specific event, so nothing could harm the cast in its last days. Oriana found the cover interesting, though she was determined not to get into the mud. She just found it absurd that she had to pay money to frolic in mud that she was always tackled into at practice. "No way in Hell---"

Teagan shrieked with a fury of disbelief, pushing Oriana from behind. Oriana yelped in surprise, stumbling forward and crashing into the pile of thick goo as the camera flew upward. Teagan caught it with ease, watching Oriana's ungraceful fall. She sunk like a lead weight into the thick, bubbling ooze, sticking beneath the surface with only her neck and up showing. She looked utterly surprised as Teagan burst into a fit of laughter. "GOT YOU!"

"Is that so?"

"Mmm-hmmm!"

"Well... Get this!" Oriana grunted, pulling her hand free from the warm, slippery mud to grasp Teagan's robe. She tugged heavily, causing Teagan to topple into the mud, the camera landing on the marble surface as Teagan plunked right on top of Oriana.

"That was not part of the plan!" Teagan sputtered, wiping mud out of her face. "You're lucky the camera didn't break!"

"It...was part of my plan!" Oriana declared, swiping a large pile of goop into her hand, affectionately smearing it down Teagan's cheek. "Yeah... This stuff is really refreshing!"

"Stop being a smartass," Teagan groaned before taking some mud in both her hands and smushed it into Oriana's cheeks.

"Mmmm! I feel my muscles relaxing and my body purifying as we speak!" Oriana continued, wiggling a little to free the mud-caked robe from her body. She pulled it free from the thick goop, throwing it into the nearby basket to the horror of a fellow spa member.

"We're never going to be allowed here again," Teagan laughed as she threw hers into the basket as well.

"We're in New York, what are the chances that we're really coming back to this particular spa?" Oriana asked as Teagan tackled her into the mud with a thump. Oriana groaned, remembering all the baby pictures of Teagan tackling her. She noticed a towel boy saunter across to collect the dirty towels. She knew she would be grounded for a century if she didn't allow a picture to be taken. So, Oriana offered her most innocent smile, "Hey! What are the chances you can get our camera and take a picture for our mothers?"

The boy clicked his tongue in approval, smirking. He bent down and picked up the camera. "It would be a very good chance, ladies."

"Thanks!" Oriana chirped as Teagan tackled her yet again in the mud like old times, smiling. Oriana rolled her eyes for a moment, before offering her own smile toward the boy.

He placed the camera to his eyes and focused in on the two girls. "That's prefect. You ready? 1, 2, 3," the light flashed and Oriana knew she would be tortured for life with the pictures.

"This goes no further than our mothers, Teagan Gabrielle, or I'll let those 'streaking' pictures surface of you drunk as Hell on the beach..." Oriana bribed as the boy smiled yet again, setting the camera near their 'mud hole.' Oriana offered yet another kind smile, "Thanks again... And two robes would be pretty sweet when you get the chance..."

"Two robes, coming up," The boy smiled, checking Teagan and Oriana one more time before leaving the room.

"You should see if he'll write his number on your cast, too," Teagan teased, carefully pulling herself off Oriana, settling into the spot next to her with a pillow supporting her head. She freed her hands from the mud to slide down her cool gel eye-mask, then quickly submerged them back into the mud.

"He was looking at you more than me. Guys go for the brunette..." Oriana replied with a snort, leaning back on her own pillow, sinking deeper into the mud. She resisted the urge to giggle as she squished the mud between her toes, remembering her youth when she visited her grandparents in North Carolina.

"I don't know about that, but I don't have a cast to get guy's numbers on like you do," Teagan chuckled, feeling her pores open up from the mud. She sighed softly. The first two months of school and life in general had been so hectic, it felt good to be pampered for the day. "And don't you dare get out those streaking pictures. Mom would kill me if she found out why I was even doing that in the first place."

"I think she'd be more surprised to see that little heart tattoo near your right boob that just had to have that night..."

Teagan's eyes snapped open. "She doesn't even know I have any tattoos! She'd kill me and bury me six feet under!"

"Then lets just remember this little fact when it comes time to develop this pictures," Oriana laughed, settling back deeper into her pillow.

"Told you this wasn't so bad, didn't I?" Teagan changed the subject.

"You want to know the best part?" Oriana asked as a mischievous smile curved to her delicate lips.

"Do I even want to know?" Teagan raised an eyebrow. She didn't like the smile on her best friend's face.

"Oh, yes," she cooed.

"What?"

Oriana plopped her hand down into the mud to drawl up a large pile. She smirked with pleasure as she quickly squeezed it free, developing a large farting sound. She giggled madly as an elderly woman rushed away from her mud bath to the beautiful showers. Oriana snorted with laughter as little mud droplets fell behind her. She was obviously highly amused as she gathered another pile to do yet another fart with her hands. Yet, she didn't seem to notice the towel boy walk in with the robes until he slipped on the mud and tumbled into the girls' mud bath. Oriana's blue-green eyes widened with surprise as she and Teagan jumped up to sit on the side of the mud bath. "Did you need relaxing muscles and a purified body?" Oriana questioned with a serious look casting her innocent face.

"Oh my gosh! Are you okay?" Teagan asked as the boy stood up in the pool, covered in mud.

"Your...uh...robes?" he fumbled, holding up two mud-caked robes to the girls. His cheeks were bright red as the mud slowly dripped from his crisp white uniform. He was obviously highly embarrassed from screwing up in front of two beautiful girls. He muttered something to himself as he struggled to get out of the mud bath, but Oriana quickly jumped up to grasp his arm.

"Hey, are you sure you're okay?" she asked kindly, feeling bad.

"Yeah, I'm alright. Just feel a little dumb for slipping into the mud bath," he mumbled, wiping some mud out of his hair.

"Well... Hell, you deserved a break," Oriana joked sweetly, just wanting him to smile. She stepped toward him, carefully smoothing the rest of the mud from his dark locks. "Tell you what... Why don't you just enjoy the dip on us? We'll give you a major bonus tip to spend the day with us... I think we'd be better company than grabbing towels for the old ladies all day. Your supervisor won't mind a bit, either, because Momma's definitely a killer advocate to have when it comes to relaxing spas for patients..."

"I don't know... I don't think it would be good to stay in my uniform, and I don't have anything else to change into--"

"You guys have a store here for lounge shorts and shirts..." Teagan agreed, understanding Oriana's noble act. She held her finger up for a moment, reaching over to the nearby bench to grab her purse. She wiped her hands with the towel before reaching and plucking some bills from her wallet. "On us for my little sister's idiotic farting techniques."

"Hey! That was just classic!" Oriana objected as Teagan offered him the crisp bills. Oriana smiled pleadingly at the boy. "C'mon, you can buy your girlfriend something really sweet with the tip. I feel really bad for the whole flying mud incident..."

"Are you both sure? I don't want jealous boyfriends to come and chase me down or something."

"We're from Florida," Teagan assured with a laugh.

"What she means is were definitely sure. They understand as much. We just needed a guy to show us the ropes while we have seaweed on our faces..." Oriana joked.

"Well... alright. Let me get some clothes, and I’ll be right back."

"Okay," the girls answered, stepping so he could get past them, but he ended up slipping yet again in the mud. Teagan shrieked in surprise as they crashed back into the thick mud with a loud farting sound. Oriana burst into a round of hearty laughs over the sound as the boy's hands settled around their waists because he had tried to steady them. Now they lay in the mud, the girls practically on his lap.

"Oh, Lord," Oriana snickered as she caught Teagan's gaze. They seemed to be thinking the same thing. Oriana nodded, reaching behind her to grab the camera. She held it above them and both girls quickly pressed kisses to the boy's muddy cheeks as the flash expelled.

"Just don't let my girlfriend see that," the boy chuckled as he looked to see their positions.

"We'll be gone tomorrow," Teagan promised.

"Though we might stay around just to see that smile..." Oriana teased, helping Teagan up so he could actually get some clothing.

"Tempting. Very tempting," he smiled, getting out of the mud bath and carefully walking towards the store.

"Howie's so going to kill you..." Teagan murmured in disbelief.

"Oh no, he won't," Oriana declared, slipping back down into the mud. She sighed with pleasure as the warm mud covered her body yet again, allowing her to squish it between her toes. She spoke with confidence as she pulled down her own gel mask, "I just pick up some massage oils at the spa store...and call it even..."

"You're evil," Teagan muttered with a slight smile before relaxing the mud herself. She closed her eyes, suddenly missing Brian even more after the towel boy incident.

"You'll see him tomorrow afternoon," Oriana reminded, knowing exactly what Teagan was thinking.

"How'd you--"

"Seventeen years," Oriana interrupted with a coy smile. "I bet he misses you just as much. You're going to get home, spend like five minutes with the mothers, and run to him for the rest of the night."

"I can't wait!" Teagan admitted with a squeal of pleasure. She didn't think she could wait until she had her arms around him again. Sighing softly, she wrapped her arms around herself and glanced down into the store, noticing the boy motioning toward Oriana with a large smile and glittering eyes. "Riana, if you ever screw up with Howie... You should move to New York."

"Why's that?"

"Because, first off, you’re getting plenty of action here without even trying. And second, I know that towel boy so doesn't have a girlfriend."

"Huh?" Oriana deadpanned, pulling her gel mask off to glance at her friend.

"You actually think he had a girlfriend? He doesn't," Teagan replied matter-of-factly with a smile.

"Didn't he just freaking say---"

"He wanted to see your reaction. It was a good one, that's why he's staying."
"What?"

"In other words, he said he had a girlfriend to see if you have a boyfriend. You didn't mind when he said that, so he thinks that you don't have a boyfriend."

"But I said they'd understand," Oriana groaned, standing up from the mud bath. She was obviously tired with the warm mud. She offered her hand to Teagan to help her out. They sauntered toward the glass showers before the boy could return. "I said 'they,' Gabby. Meaning more than one boyfriend. You're reading into this."

"That's why he was motioning towards you in the shop, smiling and eyes twinkling... okay, Riana."

"You're full of shit," Oriana stated yet again, stepping into the steaming showers to free the mud from her body. She still wasn't too confident about her looks, even if Howie constantly doted upon her. She seemed more content with cleaning the mud free from her sleek body as Teagan did the same beside her. "So, what are we doing next? I heard the jacuzzi massage is freaking killer after a mud bath..."

"Actually, that's next and I am not full of shit," Teagan replied, cupping water in her hands and throwing it at Oriana.

"Hey!" Oriana laughed in surprise, quickly soaping up her long locks with the complimentary shampoo and conditioner.

"That's what you get," Teagan snickered as she shampooed and conditioned her hair in half the time it took Oriana. "I love having short hair."

"Yeah, we know," Oriana groaned, watching Teagan hop out of the showers and snag the last towel and robe to wrap around her body and hair. Oriana cursed softly, finishing and jumping out, knowing she'd have to wait for yet another towel boy for at least a robe. She glared playfully at her friend, bending over to twist the water free from her soaking wet curls. She quickly pulled back up only to face the familiar towel boy in her bikini. "Back so soon?" she asked, awkwardly tucking her hands behind her back.

"Yep. Are you both sure it's alright if I hang out?" the boy asked, handing her extra towels.

"Of course it is. Just stay away from the mud," Teagan teased softly.

"Thanks," Oriana answered, not really hearing Teagan's wise-crack. She quickly bent over again to towel dry her curls, not really paying attention to anything but what Teagan said early. She quickly stood back up, allowing her curls to fall into her face. "Do you have a girlfriend seriously?"

"That's the funny thing. I DID have a girlfriend at one point."

"How long ago was that?"

"Two weeks..."

"Two weeks ago and you said that you had one now?" Teagan laughed, shooting an I-told-you-so glance to Oriana. "Why?"

"Well, a lot of girls say that they have boyfriends here, and I see them later with no one. I was just trying to see if one of you was single, and it seemed like you were with your reaction," he indicated towards Oriana.

"Wait... So you were looking to hook up with either one of us?" Teagan asked as Oriana glared toward her.


"Yeah... if you don't want me to tag along, I'll understand--"

"Both of us?" Teagan repeated, knowing it would infuriate Oriana. She just wanted the point to be proven that Oriana was capable of attracting a man's attention for something besides sports. "You weren't just looking to score with the Blonde and Beautiful over there? I mean honestly, which one of us caught your eye first?"

"You won't be mad at what I say?"

"No way, because I asked for your honesty."

"It was you," he replied, looking at Oriana.

"Excuse me?" Oriana choked in disbelief, allowing the towel to drop from her hands. She was so used to Teagan attracting all the attention.

"You're the one who caught my eye."

"Why?" she deadpanned.

"Everything about you. Those blonde curls, beautiful eyes and that amazing body. It just caught my eye."

"But I'm---"

"Could you grab her a robe real quick before we all head to the jacuzzi?" Teagan interrupted, wanting Oriana to have fun with it. If anything, Howie trusted Oriana completely and wouldn't care as long as she came home to love him. Plus, Teagan knew Oriana wouldn't be rushing off to elope with the boy, Howie was too important. Teagan smiled affectionately as the boy nodded, walking away.

"Howie?" Oriana squeaked softly to Teagan.

"He trusts you, that's why he didn't object to you coming. Just have fun with this today. I'm sure it shows you that guys do look at you, even if you're not playing some sport."

Oriana just leaned back on the nearby wall, staring at the boy's retreating form. Truth be told, he was well built and quite handsome. Her eyes focused on his backside for a moment, unable to hide her smile. "Maybe...I should pick up edible massage oil for Howie before we leave..."

"I think he would like the reassurance that no boy could ever compare to him, even in other states," Teagan agreed, smiling as well. "If anything, become good friends with Towel Boy and become email-pals."

"So, if anything, I still have Towel Boy for a backup when Howie dumps me?"

"Oriana Ryan--"

"Okay, two edible body massage oils..."

"Did I ever tell you that you think like a guy?"

"Every God-Damn Day."