- Text Size +
Chapter One: I will always be here



Thunder crashed violently in the sky, as Ashley Pearson stepped off the bus in West Jefferson Ohio. Just as she stepped out of the bus the rain came pouring down hard on her immediately making her soaking wet. Tears rolled down her cheek for the thousandth time that day as she pulled the hood to her black New Found Glory hoodie down over her head. Underneath that hoodie she has on a short-sleeved light purple shirt, and some light blue pajama pants with monkey faces on it. The clothes she had been wearing ever since she ran away from home two days ago with nothing but ten dollars in her pocket. Ashley began to walk through the freezing cold rain following the instructions that her friend had given her. As she walked she could barely keep herself up because she had been walking most of the way from Arizona. When she was only an hour away from Ohio she used her ten dollars for the bus because that’s all she could afford. After an hour had gone by she finally reached the house her friend had given her instructions to. She knocked on the door and waited. As she stood there waiting her entire body grew weaker and weaker as she just can’t walk anymore. She’s so exhausted that she feels as if she could just faint right there. Suddenly the door opened, and a young girl who looked about 19 stood there in front of her. She’s about 5’7” and is dressed in a white wife beater and some blue denim shorts. Her light brown hair which reaches just a bit past her shoulders is pulled back into a pony tale and she can tell its her friend by the many tattoos and piercings.


“Nikki…” Ashley said softly, and then suddenly collapsed to the ground falling unconscious.


“Oh my god…Ashley?! KYLE COME QUICK!” She yelled into the house.


“Ashley? What?” Kyle asked all confused, and he got up and ran to the front door.


“Nik? What’s wrong?”


“Ashley is here! And she’s hurt! She just dropped to the ground and fell unconscious!” Nikki nearly shouted, as tears stream down her cheek.


“Shit…” Kyle cursed under his breath. “Nikki move!” She moved out of his way and he leaned over and picked Ashley up cradling her in his arms and he carried her inside. Nikki closed the door and followed her brother to the couch where he laid Ashley.


“She’s going to be fine. She just fainted. Greg go get a blanket.” Kyle said as he looks at Greg who has his arms wrapped around Nikki who just happens to be his ex-girlfriend and he’s trying his best to calm her down. Greg nodded and ran off to get a blanket. When he returned he handed it to Kyle, and Kyle covered Ashley up. As soon as he had her situated he looked at his sister who has completely lost it. He got up and went to her and he took her into his arms and hugged her tight.


“She’s going to be okay…its all right calm down. She just fainted that’s all…my guess is she’s probably been on her feet for too long.”


“Why do you think she’s here?” Greg asked softly, as he kneeled down by the couch and looked Ashley over. “She looks like she’s been traveling for days.”


“She asked for our address and I gave it to her…but I didn’t think she was going to show up tonight. Something must have gone wrong at home…she was always talking about running away and coming here.”


“Well when she wakes up we’ll ask her all about it.” Kyle replied.


“Do you think Mom and Kenny will allow her to stay here?” Nikki questioned, as she looks up at Kyle.


“Well we’ll soon find out. They’ll be home tomorrow. I’m sure they will, she’s not a criminal or anything.” Nikki nodded and then went over and kneeled beside Greg, and he took Ashley’s hand into hers and she sat there watching her sleep.


“Its okay Ashee… I’m here now…” She whispered softly. “I will always be here.”