- Text Size +
Chapter Twelve: You Don't Miss Me


"So what do you want us to make you and Stephanie for dinner tonight?" Nikki asked John, as everyone was still lying around in the living room and Stephanie was still asleep.

"Hmm, how about spaghetti?"

"I'm not sure if we have that, but I can check. If not I will run to the store real quick if someone will come with me." Nikki answered, as she looks around at everyone. Kyle is lying on the couch finishing up on reading one of Ashley's novels, as hes been reading it all day, and shes snuggled close to him and has her head rested against his chest as shes reading it too. Greg is still lying on the floor staring up at the ceiling and Seth was now awake and sitting a few feet away from him on the floor playing with his cars. Stephanie is still curled up in a chair, as well as Nathan in another chair, and Matt had come over and is sitting on the same couch as Nikki and John.

"I'll go with you--I'm bored." Greg answered, as he sits up from lying on the floor.

"Okay...anyone else?" Nikki asked, and half begged, as she didn't want to be left alone with Greg.

"I'll go." Matt answered, as he knew Nikki didnt want to be alone with Greg.

"Thanks Matt. Anyone else?"

"Can I go Momma?" Seth asked with a hopeful tone in his voice. This is the most his momma and daddy have spent time together in years, and hes loving it.

"Of course you can baby." Nikki answered, as she gets up and goes to scoop Seth up into her arms. She went into the kitchen and checked the cupboards and the refridgerator. Seeing that they didnt have any spaghetti pasta, or spaghetti sauce she walked back out here.

"All right, we dont have the pasta, or the sauce we definately need to do some shopping." Greg got up from lying on the floor, and Matt got up from sitting on the couch.

"Ash are you coming?" She asked, as she looks over at Ashley as shes still lying on the couch next to Kyle.

"No thanks Nik, I've got a tummy ache and just want to stay here."

"Okay," Nikki replied. "When are you two going to leave?" Nikki asked John.

"As soon as I wake her up and ask her if she wants to go. She'll probably want to get ready first since shes been sleeping all afternoon, but after that we'll leave."

"Okay cool. Have her back by 9:30--you'll have a late dinner, is that okay?" John nodded his responce, and Nikki grabbed her keys and walked out the door with Matt and Greg following her. John went over to a sleeping Stephanie, and he knealed down on the floor in front of the chair and gently shook her awake.

"Stephee wake up." He said gently. She opened her eyes and looked at him, her grayish blue eyes meeting with his brown ones.

"Hey," he said softly.

"Hey Johnny, you better have a good reason for waking me." She teased, as she smiles up at him. He chuckled a bit.

"Yeah I do. Nik was telling me that theres a carnival that just came into town--I was wondering if you wanted to go--just you and me?" Stephanie looked up at him with a raised eyebrow.

"You asking me out mister?"

"Maybe, are you saying yes?"

"Mm hmm--just let me go upstairs to change and stuff."

"Okay." She got up from the chair and her and John went upstairs.

"Kyle," Nathan suddenly spoke after what seemed like hours that he had been quiet.

"Hmm?" Kyle asked, as he didnt look away from Ashley's notebook.

"I'm going home for awhile--I might be back later."

"Okay cool." Kyle replied, as he still didnt look away from Ashley's notebook. Nathan got up and walked out of the house shutting the door behind him. Kyle finished up on reading the last page, than he closed the notebook and looked down at Ashley and smiled. She smiled back.

"You like?" She asked, a nervous tone in her voice.

"Yes I liked it a lot, baby. Have you ever thought about getting it published?"

"Is it really that good? I just wrote it one day when I was bored... it took me not even a day to finish it."

"Its very good. You're an amazing author, and I can't wait to read the orignal story on your site that you won't let me read." Ashley smiled up at him.

"You can read it when I'm finished. I promise." She replied, and she placed her hand to his cheek and brought his lips down on hers for a gentle kiss.

"Now whats this I hear about a stomach ache?" He asked, as he gets up and stradles Ashley's hips as shes lying on the couch. He leaned down and kissed her lips once more, before leaving a trail of kisses down her jaw and to her neck. She wrapped her arms around his neck and closed her eyes in complete comfort, as she rakes her fingers through his dark brown hair.

"It hurts very much," She answered him softly.

"Why? Why is my baby hurting?" He asked, as he didnt stop his kisses.

"For personal reasons."

"Ah, I see." He understood. He captured her lips with his in a passionate kiss, and she moaned softly against his mouth, as she pulls him closer.

"Doctor Kyle is just going to have to take care of you," he announced once he pulled away.

"Is that so?" Ashley questioned, while giggling a bit.

"Mm hmm." He got up from the couch and took Ashley into his arms so hes cradling her. She wrapped her arms around his neck resting her head against his shoulder and he began to carry her up the stairs. Once up there he brought her into his room shutting the door behind him and locking it. He gently lay her on the bed and again stradled her hips. He took her hands into his and lay them out above her head lacing her fingers with his, before leaning down and placing gentle kisses on her neck once more, as he began to un button her shirt. As soon as he had it unbuttoned he grabbed the blanket and pulled it up and over their heads. She took a hold of his shirt and pulled it up and over his head, before gently rubbing her hands over his back. He again captured her lips with his but this time the kiss being more intence and she moaned softly against his mouth.

~*~*~*~*~


"Momma, Momma, can I have some of those??" Seth begged, as he pointed toward some M&M's, as they were walking toward the candy. Nikki laughed a bit at her overly excited five year old.

"Yes, yes, you may have one bag of M&M's that is it."

"Yay!" Seth replied, and grabbed one pack of M&Ms, and she reached for his hand. He took a hold of it and let her bring him into the isle that the spaghetti sauce is in. Matt and Greg had wondered off when they spotted the magazine isle. Suddenly, as Nikki was walking around holding Seth's hand he noticed the toy section, and his eyes suddenly grew big.

"Momma"

"Hmm?" Nikki asked, as she looked for the certain jar of sauce that she wanted.

"Can we go look at the toys PLEASE? I saw this REALLY neat car!" he begged.

"Not now baby." She answered, as she was fully concentrated on what she was doing, and didn't even hear what his request was.

"But Momma!" He whined.

"Seth, please." She begged. Seth scowled, as he stood there looking at his mother with an angered expression on his face. Suddenly Greg and Matt came back and Greg wrapped his arms around her from behind and rested his chin on her shoulder.

"Get what you need yet?" he asked curiously. Nikki moved away from his embrace.

"Not yet. We need to go get the Spaghetti pasta and the garlic bread--then we'll have everything." Nikki answered, as she didnt realize Seth had let go of her hand. He looked at his momma, daddy, and Matt really quick with a daring expression on his face. Should he go look at the toys by himself? If he hurried, he could go look at the neat car that he saw, and be back here before they went looking for more stuff. Seth stood there thinking for a couple of minutes, than he quickly walked away un noticed, and hurried to the toys he saw. As soon as Nikki found the sauce she was looking for she walked off carrying it assuming Greg has a hold of Seth. Greg and Matt followed not realizing Seth wasn't with them, and they went into the next isle they needed to go to.

~*~*~*~*~


Seth stood there in awe, as he stood there holding the huge bright yellow remote control monster truck in his hand. It was a VERY awesome toy, and he knew he just HAD to have it. He thought for a couple of minutes, than he went back to the isle he last left Nikki, Matt, and Greg in only to find them not there. He looked around to find many people in the isle, but none of them were his Momma, Daddy, or Godfather.

"Momma??" Seth called. Many of the women looked at the little boy, but when they saw it wasn't their little boy they went back to what they were doing. Seth walked into the next isle hoping they'd be in that one, but they were still no where in sight. Seth began to worry, as he went into the next isle. When he saw them not in that isle he became terrified, as he was now all alone. 'What if they had left the store without me' he thought to himself. Tears welled up in his brown eyes at the thought, and he dropped his toy and began to scream and cry. Many people heard him, but they passed him by as if he was not even there.


~*~*~*~*~


Nikki, Greg, and Matt suddenly came across the bakery, and Nikki watched as the man behind the counter placed fresh cookies on the free cookie tray.

"Seth, sweetie, do you want a cookie?" Nikki asked. When she got no responce she became very confused.

"Seth?" She asked, then she looked down and when she didnt see her son right next to her she looked at Greg. When she saw he didn't have him, and neither did Matt, and the two were busy messing around she began to panic.

"GREG!" She nearly shouted, startling the both of them.

"WHAT?!?" Greg asked.

"WHERES MY BABY??"

"I thought you had him!"

"No I don't, hes GONE!" Nikki demanded, as tears welled up in her eyes.

"I want my baby Greg, WHERE is he???"

"I dont know, Nik, don't panic hes gotta be around here somewhere!" Suddenly they heard a little boy screaming and crying bloody murder in the distance. Knowing it had to be Seth, Nikki took off running to where she heard the cries coming from, and Greg and Matt were right behind her. The crying led her all the way onto the other side of the store, and when she got there she found Seth sitting in the cereal isle screaming and crying his little eyes out.

"SETH BABY! Oh my god!" Nikki said, than she ran toward him. Once she reached him she knealed down on the floor and took him into her arms hugging him tight, as she kisses his forehead.

"Oh baby, its okay. Momma's here, everything is alright." Nikki soothed, as he clung to her tight and cried on her shoulder. She gently rubbed his back, as she placed soft kisses on his forehead every few seconds.

"Shhhh, baby its alright. I'm here. I will never leave you alone again like that I promise." She got up from the floor as she holds him, and he wrapped his legs around her waist and continued to hug her tight, as his crying soon turned into sniffling, and Greg went and wrapped his arms around the both of them, as he kisses the top of seth's head.

"How did he get left behind in the first place?" Matt suddenly asked.

"I don't know...one minute I had a hold of his hand then the next minute he let go, and I just assumed Greg had him this entire time." Nikki explained.

"I thought you had him." Greg replied.

"Seth, what happened how did you get lost?" Nikki asked, as she looks into Seth's frightened teary brown eyes.

"I saw a really cool toy momma...." Seth answered softly, as he was still sniffling. "I wanted to look at it...I thought that if I hurried and looked at it, and then hurried back to you, you would still be there, but when I went back to where you were before you weren't--I was scareded that you had lefted me here by myself." Nikki thought for a couple of minutes, than she suddenly remembered him saying something about toys.

"Baby, you need to tell me the next time you wonder off like that. You had us so scared."

"I'm sorry momma." Seth apologizied, as he had a sad tone in his voice.

"And Seth, we would never leave you here at the store by yourself. EVER, because we both love you SO much." Greg added, as he raked his fingers through Seth's hair, and kissed his forehead. Seth wrapped an arm around his daddy, as he still had a hold of Nikki too, pulling him closer to him and Nikki, and he hugged them both tightly being so thankful he still had them. After a few minutes Nikki handed Seth over to Greg.

"Where is this toy you saw baby?" Nikki asked curiously.

"Right there on the floor--I was gonna take it to you and see if you would gets it for me." Seth answered, as he pointed to the floor where he was crying at. Nikki reached over and picked up the monster truck from the floor, and she looked at the price tag on it. Seeing that wasn't too bad of a price she looked at Seth, as Greg held him close to him.

"If I get this toy for you Seth, do you promise to tell me the next time you want to go looking at something, and NOT wonder off?"

"Yes Momma." Nikki looked into his eyes, and when she knew he meant his promise she nodded her responce.

"Okay, come on then. Lets get what we need then get home." Nikki said, as she walked back to the bakery, and Greg and Matt followed. Once there Seth smelled the chocolate chip cookies.

"Daddy?"

"Yeah buddy?"

"Can I have a cookie?" Greg looked at Nikki for her approval. Nikki nodded her approval, and Greg took Seth over to the free cookies tray and let him get one.


~*~*~*~*~*~

Ashley and Kyle suddenly pulled away after a 30 minute make out session, and he looked into her light brown eyes, as he rakes his fingers through her hair.

"Feeling better?" He asked softly, as she places her hand to his cheek and gently caresses it.

"Mm hmm--you know how to make everything right." Kyle smiled a little bit at her comment and he rested his head against the same pillow shes using, and he began to gently rub her stomach, as her shirt was unbuttoned, and she only had a bra and a pair of jeans on. He continued to look in her eyes.

"You're so beauiful," He informed her. Ashley shook her head in disagreement.

"No i'm not..." Kyle raised his eyebrow.

"Now why would you say something like that?"

"Because its true."

"Thats a bunch of bullshit. You could be miss america if you wanted to." Ashley giggled a little bit.

"Whatever baby, you're just saying that because you're my boyfriend and know you'll be in BIG trouble if you say any different."

"Thats not true." Kyle answered, as he tucks a strand of her hair back behind her ear.

"No matter what you say, you're very beautiful. Just ask anyone." Ashley decided not to argue anymore, even though she knows shes not beautiful, and she rested her head against his shoulder and closed her eyes, as she felt so comfortable being in his arms, and him rubbing her stomach like that. He rested his forehead against hers, and just held her close. He knows her self esteem is below zero, and it will take a lot for her to believe him. But hes willing to wait a life time till she does, because he loves her and knows hes going to be with her forever. He just doesn't know how to tell her he loves her. He just feels lucky that he accomplished the very hard step of being her boyfriend. Suddenly Ashley heard a familiar tune next door.

"Is that my cell phone??" Ashley asked all confused, as it suddenly regristered in her mind that it was the ring 'Girls and Boys' by Good Charlotte.

"But who would be calling my cell phone?" She then crawled out of bed taking the blanket with her and she wrapped it around her body, before going into Nikki's room. She dug through her backpack until she found her cell phone. She looked at the caller ID to see that it was her home number.

"Oh my god!" She exclaimed.

"What? who is it?" Kyle asked, as concern filled his voice, and he went up behind Ashley wrapping his arms around her waist, and he began to place soft kisses on the back of her neck.

"Its my family..."

"Well answer it." Ashley looked at the ringing phone in her hand for a couple of minutes, than she finally turned it on.

"Hello?" She asked into the phone.

"Where the hell have you been???" Ashley's mother exclaimed into the phone, as she sounds like shes been crying.

"Ooh, Suddenly you care!" Ashley replied, as she leans back into Kyle's arms.

"Whats that supposed to mean??"

"Well, considering it took you like FOUR days to call me to see where I am at, it doesn't seem like you even give a damn."

"Of course I do Ashley, where are you??"

"NO YOU DON'T!" Ashley screamed into the phone, as she broke into tears. "YOU'VE NEVER CARED! And anyway, WHY does it matter? I'm NOT coming home!"

"It does too matter, honey, we miss you! Now tell me where you're!"

"Thats BULLSHIT! You don't miss me at all! because if you missed me you would've called me sooner then this! I'm NOT telling you where I am mom, and I am NOT coming home either! I'm happy where I am at, I am FINALLY happy so why don't you just leave me alone??" Ashley replied, then she turned her phone off and threw it across the room in anger. She grabbed one of her converse shoes that are lying on the floor, and she violently threw it against the wall.

"AHHHHH I HATE YOU!! I HATE YOU SO MUCH!" She screamed, as she fell to the floor crying. Kyle dropped to his knees and went to take her into his arms, but she forcefully pushed him away.

"LET ME BE!" She yelled.

"Baby its me, Kyle! Come here, calm down! Its okay." Kyle demanded lightly, than he scooted himself over to her, and he pulled her into his lap so hes cradling her. He kissed her forehead and hugged her tight, and she buried her face in his shoulder where she continued to cry.