- Text Size +
Chapter Eight:


They soon arrived at the airport and Nikki parked the car in the parking lot. Everyone got out of the car, Greg cradling a sleeping Seth who had fallen asleep during the quiet that they had after Kyle had gotten jealous.

"Two naps in one day....its going to be REALLY hard to get him to sleep tonight you know." Nikki informed Greg, as everyone walks toward the entrance of the airport.

"Yeah I know," Greg sighed. "I'll do it so you don't have to okay?" He asked, while looking at her as they walk side by side ahead of Kyle and Ashley.

"Thanks." She replied. Greg nodded his responce, and went to wrap an arm around her but she stepped away.

"No. I'm being nice to you--why would you want to ruin it?" Greg sighed, as he wrapped both of his arms around Seth and kissed the top of his head as he holds him close. He loves Nikki, he really does, and hes sorry for what he had done. Hes really sorry, and he would do anything to prove it to her. All he wants is for the two of them to be together--not just for them, but for Seth too. He knows Seth gets upset sometimes that he can only have one parent at a time sometimes, and it just tears his heart in two that he has to suffer through that. But he also knows its his own fault. If he hadn't been so controlling with Nikki they would still be together. If he hadnt' been so jealous all the time, and hadn't raised his hand and almost hit her, they would still be together. He understands perfectly why she wont let him near her. He understands its his fault. But he couldn't help it. He loves her. The only reason he acted so jealous is because he loves her, and he was afraid of losing her. As soon as we got inside the airport we got in the elevator and Kyle pressed floor two. Once up there we began to walk around, as Nikki took out her cell phone and began to dial Steph's number.

"Hey Steph, we're at the airport--sorry it took so long, we got stuck in traffic. Where are you?" Nikki asked into the phone.

~*~*~*~*~


"Hey," Ashley said softly, as she went up beside kyle who was leaning against the railing looking down at the many people on floor one, but he wasn't even paying attention to them. He was staring off into a daze, that was suddenly interrupted when he heard Ashley's voice. He looked at her with a soft and gentle look.

"Hey," He replied.

"Whats the matter? You look like you have a lot on your mind." She asked, while scooting closer to him and wrapping her arm around him.

"Nothing...just thinking about stuff. Its not important."

"Oh..." She replied, while looking at him with so much concern in her eyes. "Do you want to talk about it? I'm here you know..." Kyle shook his head in responce.

"Like I said, its not important." He replied, and then walked away. Greg who was near by and listening saw the hurt in Ashley's eyes as Kyle sort of snapped at her, and he went over to him.

"Hey... whats your problem? Thats the first time i've seen you snap at her all day you're usually very gentle with her."

"I didn't mean to..." Kyle sighed, as he rakes his fingers through his dark brown hair before sitting down in a near by chair. Greg sat next to him.

"I just have a lot on my mind...kind of have a headache from it. She was just in the wrong place at the wrong time..."

"Whats on your mind? It obviously is important, so dont tell me its not. I won't leave you alone until you tell me." Greg demanded lightly. Kyle sighed and looked away for a few minutes, not saying a word.

"Is it Ashley?" Greg asked. Kyle suddenly looked at him again, and he nodded.

"You got pretty jealous earlier when she said that dude in the other car was hot, huh." Kyle shrugged.

"Why would I get jealous of a loser like him? She doesn't even know him!"

"Kyle." Greg replied, knowing him better than that. Kyle sighed and nodded.

"Big time jealous."

"Why? like you said, She doesn't even know him."

"Because I want her to think I'M the one thats hot, not some stranger. I like her Greg, if you know me so well you would know that!" Greg chuckled a bit.

"Do you really think I didn't know that?" Kyle shrugged his responce. "EVERYONE knows that. Everyone's known that even when you just talked to her over the internet. She makes you happy--she makes you smile like theres no tomorrow. No one EVER sees you smile like that unless shes mentioned, or around, or something. Its extremely obvious, and you know what? She feels the same way, so why don't you just tell her how you feel?"

"How do you know she feels the same way? How do you know she doesn't just like me as a friend."

"Oh come on, you're being a huge blonde right now. THATS even MORE obvious than you!" Greg laughed. "Have you looked into her eyes lately? Have you not been paying attention to how she acts around you? Before you took her up to your room to look at CDs earlier and became REALLY close with her she was acting VERY Shy and quiet around you, and you know she gets shy and quiet around the guys she loves. She didnt get shy and quiet around the dude in the car, Shes certainly not shy and quiet around Me or Nathan. Only YOU. She also only giggles at the things YOU say, and she hasn't left your side at all until now when you snapped at her. How many more clues do you need? She also sat in your lap the ENTIRE ride here when she didnt even have to, she did it just so she could be closer to you." Kyle didnt reply, he only looked down at the ground.

"Don't worry dude, you've got her. Now all you have to do is tell her how you feel. Unless of course you want to sit here and feel sorry for yourself than you can do that too. But if I were you I would choose to tell her, because you deserve her she makes you happy, and she deserves you because if you haven't noticed YOU make her happy too, and according to Nikki that doesnt happen very often. Shes a great girl and deserves all the happiness in the world, and thats coming from someone she doesnt like too well. Think about it." Greg added, than he got up and walked away carrying Seth as he went over to Nikki who had just got off the phone with Stephanie.

"Kyle come on, I know where they're at!" Nikki called to her brother. Kyle got up and went over to Nikki, Greg, and Ashley, but he trailed behind them, as he was just thinking about what Greg had said. Ashley walked up next to Nikki being extremely hurt that Kyle had snapped at her.

"Hey Ash...whats wrong? why aren't you walking with Ky?" Nikki asked all confused. Ashley didnt reply, all she did was wrap her arm around Nikki's waist and rest her head against her shoulder. Nikki can tell shes been hurt, and was sensing its Kyle who had done it. She looked back at her brother with a not very friendly look, and mouthed 'What the hell did you do to her' to him. He didnt reply, all he did was look down at the ground concentrating on the lines in the carpet.

"Before you yell at him, I think you better listen to the facts." Greg warned. Nikki didn't reply she only wrapped both of her arms around Ashley, as she looks down at her.

"Whats the matter hon? Did Kyle do something to upset you?" Ashley nodded, as tears roll down her cheek.

"What? Tell me."

"He snapped at me." Ashley sniffled. Nikki thought for a couple of minutes, than she stopped.

"Greg, they're waiting by Gate B109. You take Ash and go find them."

"I want to stay with you--I dont want to go with him." Ashley whined.

"Ash, you know what Steph looks like. Please go with him, I want to talk to Kyle alone for a few minutes." Nikki explained. Ashley sighed, and turned to follow Greg to B109. Greg kept his distance from her respecting the fact that she didn't want to be near him. Once they arrived at Gate B109 Ashley immediatly saw Stephanie sitting next to a guy about her age. Hes got short spikey brown hair, and brown eyes, and hes about 5'11. Ashley assumes that its John.

"STEPHEEE!" Ashley exclaimed in excitement, as she went running toward her.

"ASHEEEE!" Stephanie replied, as she got up and opened her arms just on time for Ashley to come flying into them and hug her tight. Stephanie returned her hug.

"Its SO Good to see you in person!" Stephanie said with a big smile on her face, as she hugs her friend tight.

"Yeah I know, its great." Once Ashley pulled away she looked at John.

"And you must be John. Hello John, I'm Ashley." She introduced herself.

"Hey Ash, its nice to meet you--Steph talks about you A LOT." Ashley smiled a little bit.

"All good things I hope?"

"Theres nothing bad to say about you Ashee." Stephanie replied.

"Sure there is." Ashley insisted. Stephanie scowled.

"Now stop it. You know thats not true." Ashley stuck her tongue out at Stephanie, and Stephanie did the same.

"Anyway, where is Nikki?"

"Talking to the asshole known as her brother."

"Jim?"

"No, Kyle." Ashley answered, while crossing her arms in anger. Stephanie raised her eyebrow.

"The 'Beautiful' Kyle that you never stop talking about?"

"Yup."

"Um...okay... what happened?"

"kyle had a headache and a lot on his mind and accidentally snapped at her and it upset her pretty bad." Greg explained.

"Oh..." Stephanie replied, while looking at Greg being confused on who he is.

"Oh, and thats ass face Greg." Ashley Introduced. She was in a far too bad of a mood to be nice to him anymore.

"Yes, I am ass face Greg--Its nice to meet you." Greg said. He didnt mind that Ashley had called him that. He knows its because shes extremely upset at the moment. Stephanie laughed a bit.

"Nice to meet you too Greg. Awwww, and that must be Seth." Stephanie said, as she suddenly noticed Seth still sleeping as Greg cradled him.

"Yeah, he fell asleep in the car on the way here, and has been out ever since."

"Awww." Suddenly Nikki and Kyle walked up to them, and Ashley looked away from Kyle stubbornly, as he looked at her.

"Hey Stephee!" Nikki said cheerfully, and she pulled her friend into a hug.

"Nikkiiiii!" stephanie replied in the same cheerful mood, as she returned her hug.

"How are you?"

"Pretty good--you?"

"Same, except I had just got done yelling at my brother, but you know, whats new?" Nikki smiled. Stephanie laughed a bit.

"Yeah, I heard what happened from a very upset Ashley, and from Greg."

"Ah."

"Yeah."

"Anyway, do you have bags that we need to get?"

"Yeah the both of us do."

"Okay cool. Lets go get them then." The six of them began to walk to the baggage claim. Once there Stephanie and John began to look for their bags, and Ashley went and leaned up against the wall, as a tear rolled down her cheek. She crossed her arms, and still wasn't very happy at all. Kyle snapping at her had torn her heart out and ripped it in two. Kyle who noticed this looked at her for a couple of minutes, and he saw the tears causing his heart to melt. He really didnt mean to snap at her. He sighed, than he went over to her. Nikki saw this happening and began to watch closely. Ashley saw him coming and was about to walk away, but Kyle grabbed her gently by the hand.

"Ashley please." He said softly, than he pulled her back and gently pushed her back up against the wall. She looked down as even more tears roll down her cheek.

"Haven't you hurt me enough? or do you think I need to be yelled at even more? You know, thats kind of what I came here to get away from if you didnt quite understand that."

"I'm not going to yell at you again...I just want to apologize. Will you let me apologize? Please?" Ashley didn't reply, she only continued to look down at the ground. He looked at her for a couple of minutes, than he placed his finger to her chin, and gently tilted her head back so shes looking him in the eyes. He looked into her teary brown eyes with so much love in his own.

"I'm sorry I snapped at you. I didn't mean to. I just had a headache and a lot on my mind and you just happened to be there at the wrong place and the wrong time. I didn't mean to take it out on you, and I promise to god I will never do it again. Will you please forgive me?" She looked deep into his dark blue eyes and just as always got lost in them. She can't help but give into him, she cares about him too much to stay mad at him for very long. She wrapped her arms around his waist and pulled him close, and he wrapped his arms around her in return and hugged her tight. She rested her head against his chest. After awhile she looked up at him as she still holds him close and he wiped the tears away with his finger. He smiled gently at her causing her to smile in return.

"Come on lets go join the others," He said softly. He kept her wrapped in his arms as he brought her back to the group. As soon as John and Stephanie had their bags everyone went back down to the first floor, and out to Nikki's car. Nikki opened the back trunk, and Stephanie and John put their bags in there.

"Ash, you're going to have to sit in Kyle's lap. Theres not enough room in the car for everyone to have their own seat." Nikki explained.

"Okay," Ashley replied not having a problem with that at all.

"Steph, wanna sit in the front?" Nikki asked.

"Yeah." Stephanie answered, and she crawled into the middle seat in the front. Greg buckled Seth who was now awake in the back seat, and then him and John crawled in the back on both sides of him. Kyle sat in the front passengers seat next to Stephanie, and he took Ashley's hand in his and gently pulled her into his lap. He shut the door, and she curled up in his embrace resting her head against his chest. He put his seat belt on the both of them. Kyle rested his chin on her shoulder as he stared out the window just thinking about things. Ashley remained silent the whole ride back to the house, as she was just happy to have Kyle holding her close. She just wants to be near him, thats the only thing that makes her happy. By the time they arrived at the house it was 6:30.

"What should we do about dinner, Ky?" Nikki asked, as everyone walked into the house, including Matt who had saw them pulling into the drive way and come out of his house. They walked in to find Nathan sitting on the couch watching TV.

"Why dont we order a pizza?" Kyle suggested.

"Okay."

"Momma can we go swimmin now?" Seth asked hopefully. Nikki smiled a bit.

"Ask your daddy if he'll take you." Seth looked up at Greg as hes holding him.

"Daddy?"

"Of course buddy. Come on lets go get your swim suit on." He replied, as he carried him up the stairs. Seth smiled happily, as he rested his head against Greg's shoulder.

"So... Seth is yours and Greg's kid?" John asked Nikki curiously. Nikki nodded her responce.

"Yeah, I had him when I was 13...hes five years old." She answered, while being afraid he would be like a lot of people and immediatly not like her after he finds out about Seth.

"Well thats cool...I just thought he was your brother at first."

"Yeah... a lot of people do."

"I want to go swimming too." Ashley suddenly spoke, after what seemed like an hour.

"Okay--I'll join you all in awhile, I'm just going to order the pizza." Nikki replied. Ashley let go of Kyle's hand and went upstairs to change into her new bathing suit that she had bought at the mall earlier that day. A lime green bikinni.

"Come on Steph and John--I'll show you to your guys' rooms if you want to get changed into your swim suits too." Nikki said, while leading them up the stairs. Kyle followed them, but went into his own room to change into his swim suit. By the time Ashley came downstairs she was wearing her bikinni, and everyone else was outside wearing swim suits and ready to swim. Kyle was all ready in the water, as well as Seth and Greg.

"Ashee you promised me you'd play a game with me when we went swimmin later." Seth reminded Ashley.

"Thats right I did. What do you want to play?" Ashley asked, as she got into the water. She spent a half n hour playing with Seth like she had promised, than when the pizza came everyone got out of the water.

"Here Ash, sit down. I'll get you your pizza for you." Kyle said gently. He took her hand and brought her to the lounge chair and helped her sit down.

"Ky, you dont have to you know..." Ashley replied.

"I want to. Its the least I can do after breaking your heart earlier. What kind of pizza do you like? Cheese or Pepperoni?"

"Pepperoni."

"One or two?"

"One please." Kyle went into the house, and soon everyone came out here but him.

"Hey Ash, aren't you hungry? How come you aren't getting any pizza?" Stephanie asked, while sitting next to me on the lounge chair.

"Ky insisted on getting it for me."

"Aww thats sweet of him." Ashley nodded. Nikki went and sat on the other side of Ashley, and the three girls began a conversation. Soon Kyle came out with two plates in his hand and two dr peppers. He went and handed Ashley her pizza and dr pepper.

"Thank you," She said, while looking up at him and smiling a little bit.

"Your welcome." He replied, than he went and sat with Greg, Nathan, Matt, and John.

"So are you and Ashley dating, Kyle?" John asked curiously.

"No, not yet."

"Sure looks like it though, doesn't it." Nathan replied, as hes got a grin on his face. John nodded his responce.

"He likes her, and she likes him, but nothing other than friends has happened between them so far." Greg explained.

"Ah, I see."


~*~*~*~*~


"So, Steph, how was your trip from Minnesota to Ohio with Johnny boy over there?" Nikki asked, as she helped Seth open his soda because he was having troubles.

"It was okay--He slept half the way, than we played uno the rest of the way--nothing special."

"Ah, well you two aren't leaving Ohio without him asking you out." Ashley insisted.

"I see, and just how do you plan on getting him to do that?" Stephanie asked, with a small smile on her face.

"You just watch--it'll happen." Nikki laughed. Ashley finished up eating her pizza, than she sat there listening to Stephanie and Nikki talk, as she sits there hugging her legs close to her chest with her chin rested on her knee. She sat there listening for awhile, than she noticed Kyle get up from his chair and get into the water. Ashley sat there watching him swim for awhile as she has a dazed expression on her face. After awhile Nikki and Steph noticed she wasn't talking and looked at her.

"Ash? Whats wrong?" Nikki asked.

"Nothing." Ashley answered, while not even looking at her.

"Obviously its something if you aren't talking." Stephanie replied. Nikki followed Ashley's gaze, and suddenly noticed she was staring at Kyle longingly. She laughed a bit.

"Ah I see."

"What?" Stephanie asked all confused. Nikki motioned for Stephanie to look toward the pool. Stephanie did as she said and saw Kyle leaning against the wall that seperated the hot tub and the swimming pool, and hes just staring off into space.

"Oohh," stephanie laughed. Nikki shook her head smiling.

"Hon, why don't you just go talk to him?" Ashley looked at Nikki suddenly. "Unless you like to sit here and stare at him and wish you were with him." Ashley looked at him for a couple of minutes, than she got up went and got in the pool. She swam up beside Kyle, and he looked at her curiously.

"Hey..."

"Hey." He replied.

"Whats on your mind?"

"Nothing..."

"Come on Ky...tell me." Ashley begged. "Its killing me that I dont know." Kyle looked at her for a couple of minutes, than he took her hand and swam behind the corner where no one else can hear them, but they can see them.

"I guess I'm just kind of jealous....thats all."

"Jealous of what?" Ashley asked softly.

"The guy that you announced was gorgous in the other car earlier...." Kyle answered.

"Why would you be jealous of him? I don't understand...."

"Because I like you Ashley....A LOT." Kyle finally confessed. "Okay? I like you...and it kills me so much knowing that you think someone else other than me is gorgous--a complete stranger."

"Aww...Kyle..." Ashley replied softly.

"See, I knew I shouldn't have told you, I knew you dont feel the same way." Kyle replied, an angered tone in his voice. He started to swim away, but Ashley grabbed his hand and pulled him back.

"Kyle wait." He looked at her curiously, and she gently pushed his back up against the wall.

"First of all, that dude in the car that I announced was gorgous, I didnt even have a clue who he was. Second of all, hes around 25 or 26 years old--I'm 18--thats WAY older than me. I was just messing around. Third of all, and most importantly, if you haven't noticed the only one I find gorgous around here is you." Ashley explained, the last part in a very soft tone. "You have nothing to be jealous about. My heart belongs to you Kyle, I'm just waiting for you to claim it. Weather you claim it or not...that part is completely up to you. So if you like me, what are you waiting for?" Kyle looked at her for a couple of minutes, than he wrapped his arms around her waist, and pulled her close. He placed his hand to her cheek gently caressing it, as he looks into her light brown eyes with so much love in his own. He stood there staring into her eyes for a few minutes, than he leaned down and captured her lips with his in a gentle kiss. She wrapped her arms around his neck, and returned his kiss making it deeper.

"Dude, you guys, look at Kyle and Ashley." Matt said quietly, as they had joined Nikki and Stephanie. Everyone looked where Ashley and Kyle are, and saw them sharing their first kiss.

"Aww..." Stephanie said smiling.

"Its about damn time!" Nikki replied. "Geez." Everyone laughed at Nikki's comment, than they went back to eating their pizza and pretending they hadn't seen anything at all.