- Text Size +
Going Camping - Chapter 2

"Kevin?"


"Mhm," I can tell by his tone that he isnīt paying me much attention.


"When are we going to stop?" My voice is a bit whiny, I know but what do you expect after sitting still for 2 hours. Okay, we have made a stop. A pit stop since my bladder called for desperate attention after a while and when I treatened to mess the carseat Kevin actually stopped. There's something magical with those words since he whenever the issue of littering, or messing up something when it comes to things or cars he complies. However if someone is choking me to death or is jabbing a knife through my gut he would NOT stop!


"Nick, we stopped a half an hour ago," he sighs. "You have to wait!"


"My ass hurts and I have no room for my legs," I complain as I shift on the seat. I am still stuck here, in between AJ and Howie. But now it is reversed roles, AJ is the one asleep and Howie is up.


"Though luck," Kevin sneers, "If we stop every twenty minutes for you it will take until next week before we are at our camping ground."


I sigh and retreat back into my shell again. I am sooo bored. Brian is playing with the radio and isnīt talking much. I think that he is actually pretty scared since he is not looking out of the window at all. The sweatdrops on his upperlip reveals that he isnīt too found of the situation at all.


Howie is patting on my shoulder, saying that everything will be ok. Howie always does that, tries to comfort you whenever you feel down. It feels good, but also get a bit annoying since he always tries to look at things from the bright side. Especially if you one day feel like being really moody and sulk, feeling sorry to your self.


Looking in my backpack I search for something to do and rumaging through all sorts of stuff I found the wanted item. My Gameboy!


With a wide smile that reach my ears I pick it up and start playing Super Mario. You didnīt think that I would go almost a full week without getting to play one game, did you? Iīm not that crazy, besides I would have faked an appendicitis if it had come to that. And the management would have kissed their "getting together-weekend" in the ass!


You see Nick Carter never leaves home without anything playable. And I am NOT talking about myself, even if AJ suggested that we could have real made bonding inside the tent. Like boys do. Gag me, I think I am about to hurl!


"Nick what are you doing?" Kevin asks after a while. A bit irritated that he has an annoying habit to checking me up I donīt answer the question. Instead I continue with the blipping since I am reaching high scores and have no intention to quit.


"Heīs playing," Howie informs Kevin, I glare at him. Why does D' always have to be such a tattle tale? Ignoring my "eye" he says, like HE knows what he is talking about, "Hey watch that one..the money bag..go and grab it!" Howie is giving ME suggestions? What is this? Have hell freezed over or what?


"I know," I say as I swiftly press the button and grab the money bag. More points rolls in. This is a pro you know.


"He is playing?" Kevin asks as the words have sank through into his thick head. "Not gameboy huh?" His voice have a shreeking tone, like in one of desperation. What is the matter with this dude?


I donīt have to wait too long until I get the answer!


"Yes he is playing gameboy." Thank you Howie for clearing that one out.


"You really think that's so smart?" Brian asks as he look over my shoulder. Since when did B'rok take notice of such a thing, besides what does he wants me to do? Die of boredom listening sitting here in the back? I really don't think he should object since he is living like a king upfront. He isnīt the one that has to look at Howie constantly fixing his hair, oh give it up we are in the middle of nowhere and no one cares what you look like. Áll we meet here are bears and wolves and...


SHIT, we are really going into the wilderness! I wanna get off now. Yet I act macho, "Why?"


"Because you get carsick," Kevin spits, ruining my thoughts.


"Iīm NOT, besides that was when I was younger," I say refering back to last month when they had to stop the car so I could get off.


"Yeah right, like a month would make any difference," Brian sneers and I can tell that he doesnīt want to end up standing beside me on the roadside again. The prospect of doing so doesnīt sound so tempting.


OKAY, OKAY I know I DO suffer from motion sickness. Yet that is NOT something I am about to confess since I am winning many points right now and I wouldnīt stop even if a hurricane were to sweep us off the road and down the mountain. At least I would die like a winner. In Super Mario!


"Mhm.." I pay no further attention to what the two cousins have to say, but I make out the words car..sick..game..To that I laugh out loud. When have Nick Carter ever getting sick from playing?


So I continue with the blipping, after all finally I have something to do and my conclusion is that they are just jealous beacuse I keep getting high scores. Especially Brian since he always wants to win everything.


Less than an hour later I know that they are NOT jelous and that I should have listened to my older brothers and now I regret it dearly.


"Itīs soooo hoooot, turn up the air conditioning," I moan as I feel like I am about to roast in this stuffy and warm car. My stomach is churning widely and I feel the effects from staring into a computer game way too much. A burp escapes and itīs not a good one, believe me.


"I have turned it up all that I can," Brian says from the front.


"Well itīs not good enough," I whine as I pull my T-shirt up to cool off my stomach. It doesnīt help much and instead there is a queasy feeling in the back of my throat and I close my eyes. If I dont get off this rocky road I am going to hurl. Big time!


"You okay?" Howie asks with a worried expression on his face. He looks like he is afraid that I will decorate his new shirt and he inches away from me towards the window.


NO! Do I look OK? "I need fresh air," I whine as I start to roll down the window and then lean over AJ in the process. I "accidently" happend to hit him in his groin when I lean over, but there is an emergency at stake and I donīt think that AJ would appreciate to be puked upon, which is the case if I donīt breathe something else besides Howie's aftershave and AJīs smoke filled clothes.


Damage to the manhood be damned!


"OUUCHHH!...Watch it!" AJ growls a bit disoriented as I more or less fall over him. Not answering I stuck my head out and take long deep breaths.


"What are you doing?" Howie asks a bit surprised since I am still leaning out, now my tongue hangs out too and I bet that I look like a freakin' dog. Speaking about dogs, I really miss my dogs back home. Whenever or maybe IF I ever get back from this helltrip I am going to spend some serious time with them. I doubt that after sleeping in a tent with these geeks I will EVER wanna meet them again.


I canīt answer since doing that wouldnīt be so wise. AJ however has woken up from his beauty sleep. Which has done nothing to him if you want to know my opinion and he is really pissed over that he is having my ass in his face. "Get the fuck off me Carter!" he barks and shoves a fist into my gut.


I moan. Shit, that hurt and wasnīt a very bright thing to do. Swallowing hard I try to stiffen the urge to gag since the prospect of letting my lunch go dont seem so tempting at all. Especially NOT since the wind is blowing into my face and we are going top speed. I hold on for dear life!


Suddenly in my misery I start to giggle. I know it is a nervous giggle but I come to think off that this most look pretty strange to anyone passing our car. Yet they can be grateful that it is my head that is placed in this position and not my ass! Like someother person has done, after a particulary wet promotion party. Lets say; Everybody that wanted got the see a place where the sun donīt shine!


Bone is usually rather nice, but when someone invades his space you better watch out. He hates it when I hang on his shoulder or when I give him one of my bear hugs..actually he doesnīt hate it for real. But to Bone that is a lowgrade cool factor and he thinks itīs nerdy.


"Nick what's wrong?" Now Howie is leaning all over me too and I feel claustrophobic, or maybe it is homophobic since I am not use to someone laying on me like this. AJ doesnīt seem too excited either and he is doing his best to get us off him. This results in legs and arms flailing all over the place and words being said that are not meant for human ears.


"What are you all doing back there?" Kevin growls.


"This fatass is crushing me," AJ yells as he tries to get me off him. I am in a too miserable state to sneer something back and since I had to put my head back inside again. You know sticking your head out dont work for a longer period of time, especially not when it is downhill! This means that the nausea is back. Full attack and I dont know how long I can make it. Now it isnīt a question about if, it is more a question of when I have to get off this moving vehicle.


Ignoring that comment Brian turns to me, "Why are YOU leaning on AJ?" Jeeze how slow in thoughts can Brian be? Iīll guess that the situation he is in can count for some of his aloofiness.


"I feel sick," I murmur weakly, "stop the car!" Kevin doesnīt listen, then when does he ever listen to me? and he keeps driving on. Okay, I think miserably, donīt say that I didnīt warn him.


Brian who is looking over at his shoulder over at me most have sensed that something is wrong,possibly that I look like a chipmunk, suddenly yells to Kevin, "STOP the car. NOW! I think Nick is going to be sick!" Yesssss, finally..


Suddenly there is action. Kevin always listen to his cousin and hearing the tone of desperation he slams on the breaks and the car fishtails to a stop, a bit too close to the deep steep drop off if you might ask me. Then he rushes outside and drags me out with AJīs help, and the two of them hoist me towards the roadside where I lean over and empty myself down into the steep. It is all happening within matter of seconds and right on time I might add.


Donīt say that Kevin canīt act fast when he wants too.