- Text Size +
A Warriors Tale
By Vicki © 2004

Selina looked down at the man that lay sleeping on the large bed.
“ When was he brought in?”
“ About an hour ago mistress.”
“ Where was he found?”
“ In the woods, the hunters found him.”
“ Was he already this way?” She asked facing the two men that stood near her.
“ Yes mistress he was. We assumed he had been beaten by the rebels and left there to die.”
“ Have him cleaned and have his wounds treated, when he wakes bring him to me.”
“ Yes mistress.”
“ And Arnold if you screw this up, I’ll feed you to the lions.”
“ Yes mistress.” The young man said looking at her. Selina turned and walked from the room, her long cape flowing around her as she moved her way back down the hall to her master.

“ What did you find out Selina?”
“ Another has been brought master.” She said bowing before the hooded man.
“ When will I get to meet him?”
“ When he wakes. It seems the rebels beat us to him. He’s been injured badly.”
“ Make sure his injuries are treated and then bring him to me.”
“ Yes my lord.”
“ Selina, my dear come here.” He said beckoning her to him. Selina moved up the steps and stood at his side, she leaned into his touch as his hands moved out from under the cloak he wore.
“ You are my best warrior, my master taught me well.” He whispered as he pulled her closer to him.
“ Yes.” She sighed as his lips met her own. She deepened the kiss as she wrapped her arms around him. She had missed his touch and his affection.
“ My sweet Selina.” He whispered as he pulled away looking into her fiery blue eyes. They seemed to sparkle with a passion and that passion was only for him. His deep brown eyes held her gaze as his hands moved down her body. She moaned as his hands slowly moved over her breasts, she leaned down and kissed him again and then pulled away.
“ Our guest will be waking soon my lord.” She said pulling the hood away from his face. She smiled as she ran her hands over his face, making sure to run the tip of her finger over the goatee that he had carefully trimmed in just the right design.
“ If he’s a rebel just sent here to infiltrate us, he will become a marter to them as I kill him before their very eyes.”
“ I believe that this one was an innocent my lord.” Selina said.
“ Master Alexander the young man is awake.”
“ Be with him my love.” Alexander said looking into Selina’s eyes.
“ If he is a betrayer, should I kill him?” She asked an evil smile play on her lips.
“ I would like that, but I want to watch you my dear. I haven’t seen you punish a prisoner in a long time.” He whispered as he kissed her neck. Selina smiled and nodded.
“ Then it shall be done.” She said before bowing and turning and leaving the room. The young guard that had summoned her stood in the doorway for several minuets before turning and looking at Alexander.
“ Are you sure it is wise to trust her my lord?” He asked.
“ Why Howard what do you think she will do? Selina is my most trusted adviser and my best lover.” Alexander said looking at his friend.
“ But she has been different as of late my lord. It is hard to control a telepath.”
“ I don’t need to control Selina, she loves me and for that she will give her very life for me.” Alexander said, standing he made his way to his friend. “ Don’t worry so much my old friend, she is to be trusted. If not I shall kill her with my own hands.”
“ I believe that I will keep an eye on her just the same. Something is not right with Selina, ever since she returned from her late night ride she has not been right.”
“ When did she ride at night?”
“ A few nights ago, she was taking the patrol herself rather than send out one of the guards, when she returned she seemed different.”
“ You are just imagining things, this war has everyone on edge.” Alexander said as he and Howard walked down the hallway. Howard shook his head but said nothing, he would keep an eye on Selina himself, something about her lately just didn’t seem right she wasn’t the same woman that was with them just a few months before.

Selina walked into the room where the stranger was and looked at him, two guards stood near the door and snapped to attention as she entered.
“ Is he awake?”
“ Yes mistress.” One said never looking at her. He knew that looking directly at her was forbidden and would surely mean his death. Selina nodded and headed into the room. The stranger sat dressed in new garments and seemed rather confused by his new surroundings.
“ Where am I?” He asked once he noticed that Selina had entered the room.
“ My masters home.” She said simply.
“ And that would be?” He pressed; he didn’t like being kept in the dark and for her answering a question with a phrase he was still in the dark.
“ Do you have a name stranger?” Selina asked. She had been probing his mind but something about him kept her from entering his mind fully and that bothered her.
“ I am Kevin, and again I ask where am I?”
“ You are in the home of Dark Lord Alexander. I am Mistress Selina.” She said with a slight tip of her head.
“ Dark lord? As in the one the Rebels are fighting against?”
“ Very same.” Selina answered with a smile.
“ How did I come to be here?” Kevin asked.
“ Strange question but a logical one, you came to be here because the hunting party found you beaten in my lords woods. You where brought here where your wounds where treated and you where given clean clothing.” Selina answered.
“ Then I thank you for that and I wish to leave.”
“ Ah but that isn’t as easy as it sounds. You must meet my lord first.” Selina said motioning for him to follow her. Kevin looked her up and down then shrugged his shoulders and followed her from the room. He noted that the two guards that had been outside the room followed them down the hall but kept a safe distance and kept their eyes downcast away from her.
“ Why don’t they look at you?”
“ Tis forbidden for any man that my lord hasn’t given permission to look upon my face.” Selina said as she pulled up her hood. The guards raised their heads and walked forward behind Kevin.
“ But I’ve looked upon your face.” Kevin said with some worry in his voice.
“ Don’t worry stranger, this is the only time, unless my master says you can.” Selina said as they entered the chamber that Alexander and Howard where sitting in. Alexander looked up as she entered with Kevin.
“ My dearest I see our guest is awake.” Alexander said motioning for her to join him. Howard moved away from Alexander as Selina took her place next to him.