- Text Size +
“ Some guest.” Kevin muttered.
“ What do you mean?” Alexander said looking up at the stranger.
“ Followed around by guards that look at the floor.”
“ They are forbidden to look upon the beauty of my dearest love.” Alexander said as he pulled away the hood. The guards that had been in the room quickly moved out and pulled the door shut giving the four privacy.
“ But he’s allowed.”
“ He’s my best friend and most trusted advisor.”
“ And myself?”
“ You are new to my land, new to my laws. So you are forgiven.” Alexander said as he ran his fingers over Selina’s face.
“ Why am I here?” Kevin asked.
“ It seems my hunters found you nearly dead in the woods. My love here seemed to take pity on you.”
“ I did not need her pity.” Kevin growled as he looked at Selina. Selina looked at him and then back towards Alexander.
“ Join us.” Alexander said.
“ Join you?” Kevin asked.
“ Yes join us. I am always looking for a new warrior.” He said.
“ I am unworthy of the honor.” Kevin said.
“ You seem to be able to hold your own, who would punish you like they did?”
“ Some bandits that wanted my money that was all.” Kevin lied. Selina narrowed her eyes as her mind caught the lie.
“ Really now?” Selina asked. She stood and walked towards him, her slender figure swaying ever so slightly under the long cloak she wore over her dress. Kevin watched her as she walked towards him, her eyes watching his, her lips parted ever so slightly as she smiled seductively at him.
“Yes really, I had done nothing wrong and yet they had taken my money.”
“ It seems that the bandits have been getting bad lately.” Alexander said as he watched Selina. “ What are you doing my dear?”
“ He’s lying.” Selina said sitting down on Kevin’s lap. Kevin looked into Selina’s eyes and smiled.
“ How so?” Alexander asked as he made his way to her.
“ There where no bandits.” Selina said as she kissed Kevin’s neck. Kevin moaned loudly as Selina shifted her position on his lap.
“ Is this true?” Alexander asked moving to her side. Kevin looked up at Alexander, he could see and feel the anger that was radiating from the man that now stood before him.
“ Yes.” Kevin said as Selina giggled.
“ I told you. Have I ever lied to you.” She cooed as she moved off of Kevin’s lap.
“ No my dear you have not.” Alexander said as he put his arms around her waist. “ So tell us Kevin how did you get injured?”
“ I was beaten by some rebels that assumed I was working for you.” Kevin said looking at him. Selina smiled evilly.
“ Is he telling the truth?”
“ Yes milord he is.” Selina said as she moved to the corner where Howard stood silently.
“ Why do you hate me so?” She asked. Howard’s eyes snapped to her and then towards the floor.
“ I don’t hate you Selina. I just don’t trust you.”
“ Why? Have I ever done anything to betray Alexander?”
“ No, no you haven’t.” He whispered as he watched Alexander talk to Kevin.
“ Then truly why do you hate me? Is it because you aren’t getting the attention from your friend that I am?” She asked.
“ If you are implying that I am jealous of you I am not.”
“ You are so, the jealously almost pours from your every being. It seeps from your every pour. You can’t deny the feeling you have. But is the jealousy because I have all of his attention, or because he has all of mine?” She asked as she walked away from him. Howard growled, he knew that he needed to learn to lock his feelings away when it came to being near Selina, but something about her almost drove him mad, he wanted her and he tried every way to deny that. But how much longer could he deny the fact that he wanted his lord’s woman. He watched as Selina circled Kevin and Alexander like a tiger with its prey. She finally sat down on the floor near Alexander’s feet so she could listen to their every word. But no one could be fooled by her submissive behavior she was far from a submissive, a woman with a mind of her own and a warrior with the same training that he had. She could out fight even his best men in a duel. She was beautiful to look upon but she was deadly, it was the one thing he learned quickly from being close to her. Snakes often come in pretty packages.