- Text Size +
A/N: Thanks to Purpura lipstick for enjoying this. Here is another chapter.


“ How long until Kevin is healed?”
“ It will be several weeks.” Howard said looking at Alexander.
“ Then during that time I want him training with Selina.”
“ Then it shall be done milord. But what are we to do when they are ready to leave. Remember no one has ever been allowed to see Selina’s face. She’s used to wearing her cloak at all times.”
“ I’m unsure. But I will not think of that right now, I will just be ready for when the time comes. We will finally be able to defeat those rebels.”
“ Yes milord we will.”
“ Where is Selina right now?”
“ I believe that Mistress Selina is meditating in her garden.” Howard said. Alexander nodded and waved for Howard to leave. Howard bowed slightly and hurried from the room. Alexander stood and pulled his deep black robe closed as he walked out into the garden. He knew exactly where to find his Selina, her quiet place.

Selina sat in the center of the garden. Her legs crossed, her arms at her sides, the only thing she wore was her sleeping dress and her long black cloak. Her long red hair hung down and could be seen past the hood as she sat. Alexander entered her quiet place and sat down behind her. His hands touching her shoulders and slowly moving down her arms. He knew he could never break her concentration, her training had taught her that much. Selina opened her eyes and leaned back against him.
“ Hello.” She cooed.
“ Hello.” He said with a smile. He could see the deep purples and reds of the setting sun from her place in the garden.
“ Has something happened?” She asked feeling his uncertainty.
“ No, there is nothing wrong.”
“ Your worried. I can feel it.”
“ I do not trust this Kevin, not yet.”
“ I know. His mind is closed to me. I can not break threw the wall to see what he is hiding.”
“ Soon my dear, soon you will gain his trust and he will lower his guard.”
“ What of the traitor?”
“ The boy?”
“ Yes the boy. He claims to have not acted alone. But will not tell who he acted with. May I try?” Selina asked.
“ Aaron is a smart boy, has been with my regiment for many years, I assumed he was trust worthy, but I will let him live if he tells me who he acted for.”
“ I will find out for you.” Selina said closing her eyes. She sighed as she felt his thoughts flood her mind, some of the impending war, some of his love for her, but one thought puzzled her, his distrust of Howard.
“ What do you see?”
“ Many things are troubling you. Tell me Milord.” Selina said, she had always let him tell her what was on his mind rather than tell him what she had seen.
“ The war that is coming will be a hard and long one. Will you fight by my side?”
“ As always.” Selina said touching his hand.
“ My love for you. Even as cold as my heart has become, you seem to warm it.”
“ You aren’t as cold and demonic as the people think you are. Yes you are a master of evil and the master of all darkness but you don’t let that control you. You have a kind heart when you want to.”
“ That I do. But what else did you feel my love?”
“ You have a new distrust for Howard? Why?”
“ Something puzzles me about him. He wants to poison me against you. Saying you’ve changed. I know you better than I know myself. You are my soul I know you’ve not changed.”
“ But he has?”
“ Something in him has changed. I don’t know what.”
“ Would you like me to see?”
“ I fear that he wants what I have.”
“ Your kingdom or me?”
“ Both.” Alexander said holding her closer. Selina held onto his arms and ran her fingers over the tattoos that decorated them.
“ I only love you. I only kill for you.” Selina said. She turned herself around so she was facing him.
“ I know, but sometimes he places doubts in my mind.”
“ Then maybe it’s time I place some in his.” Selina said.
“ He keeps his mind to closely guarded and you know it.”
“ Yes that is true. So does our stranger. Kevin keeps his thoughts hidden from me.”
“ As if he was trained?” Alexander asked.
“ Maybe. I will find out the more I train with him.”
“ You will, come it’s time for us to retire.” Alexander said standing and holding out his hand to her. She took his hand and stood. He led her from the garden and back into the castle.
“ You wont find out who Aaron is working with.” Howard said with an evil smile. “ I will take care of that myself.” He said as he disappeared into the shadows once again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Aaron looked around the dismal cell he had been placed in, labeled a traitor. He was not acting on his own and he wanted to prove that to Lord Alexander if they’d only let him speak to him. He heard the dungeon door open and had assumed that Selina had come to speak to him, she seemed to like him a lot.
“ Are we speaking out of turn Aaron?” Howard’s voice echoed threw the dungeon. Aaron tensed up as he saw Howard step out of the shadows.
“ You traitorous bastard. You will let me die before you tell him wouldn’t you?”
“ Precisely.” Howard said.
“ I will tell Lord Alexander everything.”
“ Not if your dead you wont.”
“ Don’t you think Selina would feel the pain of a death threw this castle? One hasn’t happened here in ten years.”
“ Very true. But I believe that Lord Alexander has been keeping her rather distracted.”
“ Not that distracted. I know Selina well enough to know that she can feel everything.” Aaron said looking at Howard. Howard knew the boy was right and if he killed him in the castle Selina would feel it. He turned and heard the door open again.
“ Looks like you’ve been spared for now. Speak my name to Lord Alexander or to Mistress Selina and you will never be able to speak again.” Howard warned. Aaron stepped backwards away from the cell door knowing if Howard got his hands on him it would mean his doom. Howard turned and hurried from the dungeon as two guards moved down the stairs. The traitor wasn’t seen slipping from the dungeon as the guards advanced on their newest prisoner. Aaron’s pain filled screams echoed threw the castle as the torture began.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Selina sat blot up right in bed feeling Aaron’s sudden pain.
“ What is wrong my dear?”
“ The torture of the new prisoner wasn’t to begin till I started it.” Selina said. He could see she as angry and that meant she was going to punish several guards. Pulling on her nightdress and then her cloak she slipped from the room. Alexander lay back against the pillows and smiled. He knew someone within the castle walls would pay with their lives that night. Selina made her way down the stairs into the dungeon and saw the two guards.
“ STOP!” Selina shouted. Both guards stopped and looked towards the voice. Both gasped when they realized they had awakened Mistress Selina.
“ Mistress.” One said bowing his head.
“ What where your orders?”
“ To do nothing until we heard from you.”
“ And yet here you are. Is he still alive?”
“ Yes mistress.”
“ Aaron, I’ll make the pain stop.”
“ I can’t tell.” Aaron said looking away from her.
“ You will tell me or the pain they gave you will pale in comparison to what I will do to you.” Selina warned. Aaron’s eyes grew wide, but he was too weak to tell her what she needed to hear.
“ Have his wounds treated.”
“ But mistress?”
“ Do you want to join him?”
“ No mistress.”
“ Then do as your told. I want no one near him and I mean no one. If I find that even Sir Howard has been near the boy I will have your head.” Selina warned.
“ Yes mistress.” He answered. With that Selina turned on her heal and started up the stairs.
“ Oh and boys, I want to see you in Lord Alexander’s main chambers in the morning.”
“ Yes Mistress.” They both answered. She could hear them moving Aaron back into his cell. She could feel another presence in the room, she closed her eyes and opened her mind.
“ Howard.” She hissed. She couldn’t get into his mind. She wondered what he was up to. She knew that meant she would have to speak to Alexander about this first thing in the morning.