- Text Size +
Kevin and A.J. were meeting secretly below the streets. A few of the others that were on their side were meeting them. They needed to get a plan of action together; they needed to make sure that the prophecy came true; they needed to make sure that Brian and the others were destroyed. They all knew the consequences, they too would be destroyed, but they, who were made against their will, welcomed the long sought after end.

"They have started trying to manipulate the girls already." A.J. stated. "I have managed to keep Nick out
of April's mind, but have yet to win her trust. Every time I am alone with her Nick appears."

Kevin nodded. "I cannot break into May's mind at all, Brian has it so well guarded I'm afraid we may lose her to that side. We need to make sure we keep one on ours."
"What should we do?" One of the others asked.

"Watch them; keep your eyes on them. Some of you will be assigned to watch over their apartment, but you must keep out of sight. Brian and the others will surely be watching their place as well." Kevin answered for A.J.
Slightly annoyed at his answer being taken, A.J. nodded in agreement. "We will have more for you to do as time goes on, but right now, just watch what they do. Give us any information that might be useful in making sure they help our plight."

Footsteps sounded from above dispersing the group quickly. One quick signal from A.J. called the meeting to an end and quickly the group left Kevin and A.J. behind.

The two sat looking at each other talking with their eyes as they learned long ago. Quietly they left their underground spot and made their way towards Brian's mansion.

*****

Nick sat across from Howie on their bed deep in concentration. He was focusing his mind, practicing breaking the barrier so that he could take over April's thoughts. Howie agreed to be his first subject though they both knew that reading his mind would not be difficult since the two spent all their moments together.

Nick let out a howl of frustration. "I can't even break into your mind." He yelled out.

"Nick you are trying too hard, you have to let go. You have to pretend that you aren't trying to read my mind." Howie reached forward and wiped Nick's cheek. "But you are cute trying so hard." He winked at Nick and sat looking at him. "Now try again."

Nick closed his eyes and concentrated on Howie's mind. He pictured himself entering Howie's mind then allowed himself to relax and focus on Howie. Soon images appeared in Nick's mind of Howie and his past. He saw from Howie's eyes as the two of them shared a special moment.

Excited by this breakthrough, Nick opened his eyes and broke the connection.

"I did it!" He squealed with delight. "I read your mind, I saw your memories." He smiled to his lover sitting across from him.

"That's good Nick, but you can't get excited like that and break the connection so quickly, it will surely alert the person that someone's been in their mind. There is a jolt and your face flashes in their mind when you disconnect like that. Be careful, you cannot be caught trying to manipulate her mind or she will never come to our side."

Nick nodded solemnly. "I have so much to learn. Why did Brian think I was worthy of this kind of responsibility."

Howie smiled at Nick warmly. "Because he knows he can trust us." He ran his hand along Nick's cheek. "He knows there are people that are fighting against us in our own clan, but he is not sure who they are. He has his suspicions, but no evidence."

"If it's a trust thing, why not ask you to do it?" He questioned.

Howie hung his head partly in shame. "He knows, my love, that I would never be able to make a girl believe that I could like her body and frankly you are more attractive then I am."

Nick blushed and shook his head to disagree with him. Before he could say anything in response, a slight knock on the door startled them.

"Enter." Howie called out.

"Master Brian requests your presence." The young girl bowed her head and waited for their response.

"Tell him we will be there in a few minutes." Howie answered for the both of them.

Quietly the girl left the room to deliver her message. Howie quickly climbed off the bed and started to get ready to meet with Brian; Nick slowly following his lead.

*****

April looked across the table at May sipping her coffee. "So any more hot dates you have planned not to tell me about?" She asked her sister acting only slightly upset.

May blushed and took a second to regain her composure before answering. "It was a last minute deal, you already were at work, what was I supposed to do?"
April only smiled at her sister. "You two make quite the couple."

"Well what about you and that Nick guy?" May shot back. "I mean you two looked pretty cozy."
Now it was April's turn to blush. "It was nothing; we were just having interesting conversations. I don't think he's really my type though, he seems to be a bit concerned with what my boss is doing." April giggled nervously at the thought of the cute guy who was hitting on her being with her boss.

"Well if the blond doesn't interest you, who does?" Her coffee cup half hid her smile from her sister, she knew that April liked someone at that club last night or she would not have blushed at the mention of being close with Nick.

"Well, there was one guy that I thought I'd like to get to know better, but I think I should just avoid him."
May was about to ask her sister whom she was talking about, but the phone interrupted her train of thought.

"It's for you April," May tossed the phone to her sister.

"Hello?" She questioned.

"April, this is Alex, from the club. I was wondering if you could come in, there are a few things that we need to discuss with you, you know typical papers and such."

"Oh yeah sure, W-2 forms and the like I'm sure." April smiled into the phone.

"So you can get here in, let's say, an hour?"

"Sure, see you then." April hung up the phone still smiling broadly.

"Can I take a stab at it and guess that that was the guy you were talking about earlier?" May asked.

April looked at her sister, smirked, then turned and made her way into her bedroom to change and get ready to head over to the club. The one on the phone was not who she was thinking about, but she hoped to catch a glimpse of him while she was there.