- Text Size +
A/N: Ok guys, bear with me, I’m attempting to start a whole new story. The ideas for this story are a bit eerie. You all know the deal, let me know what you think of this new concept, I thought of this after watching: Soon to be my buddy Ana’s fav movie- “A Man Apart.” Hope you enjoy this and e-mail me or something letting me know your thoughts to this. Enjoy and good reading!

“The Blood Pact”

**~His Commencement~**

He hangs up his cellular phone and leaps off the black recliner in the living room. Tucking the small mobile phone onto the small belt clip attached to his belt, he throws on his beige leather jacket and steps out into the cold night. Running down the three bricked porch steps, Nick pulls out his car keys and pushes the small box on his keychain shutting off the car alarm. Smiling, he slides into his Silver Ford Runner and slams the door behind him.

It seems everything was going well for him, his life couldn’t be any better. He loved where his life is at the moment. He was on his way to little get together his friends decided to have in the middle of the night.

Sighing impatiently, he steers away from his driveway and pulls away from his two story mini like mansion. The cold wind hits the window panes of the vehicle as he picks up speed in the vacant road. He concentrates on the road before him, enjoying the landscape on either side of him. His hands grip the steering wheel tightly as he leans close to the steering wheel peering at what seemed like a figure in standing in the middle of the road. Nick honks the horn, hoping to get the man out of the road. But the man remained in the middle of the road unfazed. Nick concerned, slows down his vehicle and stops besides the tall man. Nick lowers the window pane on the passenger’s seat and tries to examine the lost man on the road.

“Hey sir. Are you ok? Do you need help?” The blonde hair, blue eyes young man asks nervously.

The man had his back on him and slowly turns around to stare at Nick. In a thick Russian accent, the strange man smiles slowly. The dark eyes of the man gleam brightly in the silver waterfall of the moonlight. “Do you know where this road leads to?”

Nick raises his eyebrows and nods his head, “Oh yeah, it takes you down to Fort Lauderdale, the first exit is off road fifteen.”

The bizarre man nods his head, his unusually pale ashen white skin reflects more off his black attire. The man’s hair was so black it seemed almost a dark blue. His dark eyes watch Nick as he smiles, “Can you get out of the car sir?”

Nick confused, sits in the driver’s seat staring at the man. “Excuse me?”

The man stares at Nick, “Are you hard of hearing? I said get out of the car?” The man’s Russian accent thick in the sentence.

Nick sucked his teeth and rolls up the window, preparing to drive away and leave the weirdo out there alone in the road. As he turns on the ignition of the car and places his foot on the pedal, the driver’s door flings open. Nick gasps startled and angrily lets out a vulgarity and reaches over to close the car door. Nick reaches out his arm to close the door but the strange man grabs Nick’s arm and pulls him out the vehicle.

“What the hell are you doing?!” Nick shouts angrily, swiping his arm away from the man as he stands in front of him with his arms crossed over his chest.

“What’s your name sir?” The man asks, eying Nick before him

Nick sucks his teeth, “Hmph, you’re the first.”

The man narrows his eyes and again asks the question, “Just answer please.” The man states almost politely, yet a ting of sarcasm hinted in his statement.

Nick shakes his head, “I don’t even know why I stopped to help. Damn Brian and his good conscious affecting me like this.” He mumbles quietly to himself.

The man standing impatiently, suddenly tired of waiting for Nick to respond, grabs Nick’s throat and lifts the man up two inches in the air. Nick immediately tried to loosen the grip that held him suspended in the air, a look of surprise and fear crosses over his eyes. Nick struggles and tries to fight off the tight grip that held his throat. The man smirks and watches Nick kicking in the air, struggling and finally places the young man back down on his feet.

“So now will you answer?” The man asks.

Nick, coughs loudly and rubs his sore throat painfully, choking out the answer to the question, he glares at the man before speaking out a burning vulgarity.

The man laughs softly, “I’m Demetrius, and Nick I need you to do me a favor.”

Nick flips his middle finger at the man and fumbles for his cell phone.

“Now, now, let’s not go there.” Demetrius states, quickly reaching for Nick’s hands on the phone.

“Don’t touch me man! What the hell is your problem?” Nick screeches, backing away from the stranger and hitting his back on the vehicle door.

“I just need you to sign a paper for me please?” Demetrius asks kindly.

Nick gasps and continues to backs away, his back hitting the front bumper of the Ford Runner. “You got to be out of your mind for me to sign something for you!”

Demetrius smirks and hands a sheet of written paper and pen to Nick. Nick looks at the man as if he is insane and rudely snatches the paper and pen from Demetrius hands. “Look, you’re a freak for thinking that I’m gonna give you my autograph after you tried to choke ME!” Nick screams out, gripping the pen tightly in his hands.

Demetrius smirks and shakes his head, “I don’t want your autograph, I want your allegiance.”

Nick stared at the man dumbfounded, “My allegiance? You think I’m gonna do want you what?”

Demetrius simply nods his head as he feels his white fangs protruding from his mouth. He hears Nick gasp and drops the sheet of paper, backing away from him in pure terror.

“You’re kidding right? You stuck those teeth on yourself, trying to scare riders right?” Nick squeaks out, his sapphire eyes taking in the suppose vampire before him.

Demetrius smiles, the sharp ivory fangs sparkling beneath the silver moonlight. “As real as you think. Why don’t you touch it and tell me if they’re fake?” He asks, enjoying the horrid expression the blonde man has.

“Uh, um, that’s ok.” Nick asks, standing in shock but more curious than anything else.

Demetrius nods his head once and taps his foot calmly on the cement, “Just sign. I’m sure you have plans, I would hate to interfere with it.”

Nick sucks his teeth, ‘To late for that’ He thinks to himself as he lowers the pen on the paper trying to read what it said.

“Don’t bother reading it. It’s in another language.” Demetrius states, watching Nick pass him a look of hatred. “You have quite a lot of anger for a young man. I could use that in my unit.”

Nick finishes scrolling his signature on the paper, hoping that the man was simply crazy and had the teeth stuck on him. Rudely handing the paper to Demetrius, Nick walks around him and boards his car quietly, yet his eyes spoke a mile a minute.

“Thank you. I’m sure I’ll be needing your help shortly.” Demetrius states quietly and steps out of the center of the road, disappearing into the darkness.

Nick slams his foot on the gas pedal and speeds off down the road, shaken up and distraught from the whole incident.
~*~

“Look, I’m being serious man!” Nick screeches to his friends: a fairly dark blonde with azure eyes and a dyed dark haired friend with tattoos down his arms.

The blonde hair man, Brian, sits up in the couch eying the younger man Nick before him, “Ok, so you’re telling me, a complete stranger stopped you on the road and forced you to sign a sheet of paper.”

“It was more like a contract to me.” Nick grumbles under his breath collapsing into a soft plush sofa.

A.J. excuses himself out the living room as Brian tries to take in the whole idea. “Nick, I’m sorry. It’s just strange that you would be forced to sign an autograph. Don’t you think it should come natural that someone admires your voice or music and want your autograph? As a celebrity, you should take time out for fans.” Brian states confidently, obviously ignoring Nick’s angry glare.

The quiet living room was filled with a sparkling fireplace, the bright orange flames lapping over one another with waves of an ocean. It lit up the barley lit living room as the two men stare at the fireplace, each absorbed in their own thoughts.

The front door opens and tall dark haired, emerald eye man enters the house followed by a Latin man, his cinnamon complexion and dark brown hair blending in with the dark surrounding soft lights.

“Hey Kevin, D. Glad you guys made it. You should hear what Nick just told us.” Brian states, a grin plastered on his snowy complexion.

Kevin smiles and places his palm over Nick’s shoulder, “I heard. A.J. just told us outside.”

Nick sucks his teeth and leans back in the seat, grumbling under his breath, “Ya all think I overreacted but the man almost choked me to death!”

This caught a gasp out of the others and Howie races over to turn on the florescent lights in the living room. Brian whispers nervously, “Yo Nick, you never told me the man threaten you! That’s harassing you! We gotta call the police, notify that a psycho is out there hurting people!” He voice gets louder as the fear egged him on.

Kevin gently kneels besides Nick and with his hand gingerly grabs Nick’s chin and examines the bruised neck below it. “Damn, what did he do to you? You’re marked up all over the neck.”

Nick painfully swallows as he winces when Howie places a cold tissue on the tender neck.

“Man, what did he do to you?” Brian asks, standing up observing the bruised marks on his friend’s neck.

Nick whispers quietly that when he had refused to sign a paper for what the man had stated for his “Allegiance” Nick was picked up by his neck, left dangling in the air as the man’s teeth seem to have grown fangs.

“Allegiance, what did he mean by that?” Kevin asks, standing up and pacing nervously.

Howie sitting on the arm of a chair besides Nick, shakes his head and pulls out his cellular phone to call the police.

“Wait, Nick, what was the man’s name? You know what he looks like right?” Brian asks, concern overtaking his attitude. He was beginning to feel guilty for not believing what Nick has stated in the first place. “By the way, I’m sorry if you think I didn’t believe you before.”

“It’s alright B. But ya, his name is Demetrius and I know what he looks like. Sort of the whole old fashioned Transylvanian type vampire guy.” Nick states quietly, his eyes peering at the shiny wooden planks in the living room.

The lights in the room suddenly blink off and the four men grumble. “I just had the light changed, how did it die on me that fast?” Brian grumbles, sitting on the couch not moving, fearing he’ll crash and hurt others in the way.

“I bet you it’s A.J. messing with the lights.” The older man, Kevin states, tapping his foot on the floor impatiently.

Nick sits in the recliner quietly and watches the fire when he feels a tickle on his neck. His first reaction was to smack whatever was on his neck. His hands reach over to his neck and only sees two shiny sharp like fangs. “Guys.” Nick whispers quietly, “Guys.” No response. “Stop playing around.” He says as his arms bristle with goose bumps.

Suddenly the figure with the fangs leaps out at him as Nick screams out in pure terror. The lights go back on as the four friends burst out laughing. A.J. stares down at Nick in front of him and shakes his head, “Man that Demetrius dude scared you lovely.”

Nick gulps and stands up pushing A.J. away from him, ‘That wasn’t funny man. I can’t believe you didn’t stop him!”

“Lighten up Dude! Halloween is a few weeks away, it’s your fave holiday and here you are being pissy about getting scared. It happens to the best of us Nick. Get over it.” A.J. states.

Brian smirks and turns serious, “A.J. seriously, the guy harassed Nick, look at the neck!” He points Nick’s direction.

Finally A.J. whispers sorry and gingerly touches the bruised neck, “Hey Koas man I didn’t know man. I won’t do that anymore. We should call the cops.”

“Already did, they’ll be here in a few.” Howie states, watching Nick settle in the chair near the fireplace, lost in his own thoughts.

Kevin sighs and rubs his eyes, “We should forget this get together, it’s too much for Nick and I think he needs the rest.”

A.J. nods his head, “Yeah, we’ll leave when the cops come. Brian, you mind Nicky staying here? Wifey ain’t gonna get mad right?”

Brian smiles, “Nah, he’s always welcomed here and my ‘wifey’ doesn’t mind him at all.”

“Good, so we’ll wait for the cops then.” A.J. states, his eyes divert to the flames as he closes his eyes for relief.
~*~

Caleb pounds on the office door, hoping Demetrius was in. After a few minutes of knocking unsuccessfully, the thick wooden mahogany door flings open as Demetrius laughs and sticks his head the threshold.

“Oh, you’re here. Well come in. Sorry about the lateness buddy.” Demetrius states: taking a seat behind a dark wooden desk and throwing his legs, crossing them on the desk top.

Caleb’s weary dark eyes stare at his boss, “Did you get new suppliers?”

Demetrius smiles, “Yup, I found one boy that can be used. I’ll still need a few more, but at least we’re on a roll.”

Caleb smirks, his butter pecan complexion glimmering under the florescent lights in the room. He clasps his hands and places them on his dark brown hair, sighing loudly. He hears his stomach grumble as hungry infests its hold on him. “Damn, I’m starving. Let’s get something to eat.” As he feels the fangs emerging from his mouth.

Demetrius smiles and nods his head, “In a few, but look see, we have a new worker.” He states, pulling out a sheet of paper with Nick’s scrawled signature on it.
Caleb smiles, “This is new. You have a celebrity to work for us. Why the change?” His low voice filters the office room.

Demetrius smirks, “Celebrities have fans- hence more blood and supply for the corporation.”

Caleb nods his head in admiration, “Wow didn’t think of that. Can’t wait to meet him and the others you have planned for this. So now can we get something to eat: I missed breakfast and my stomach is killing me.”

Demetrius grins and follows his partner out of the office to dine. Maybe he’ll be lucky to find a few more employers for the job at hand.
~**~

**~To Be Continued…~**