- Text Size +
“The Blood Pact”

**~Powers Detected~**

Nick slowly opens his eyes and scrolls his eyes around the small room he managed to have escaped to. It was almost pitch black with a silver of light creeping its way into what seems like a tiny window pane placed in the corner of the room. He tries to sit up and feels the burning electric pain zooming down his spine. Wincing in agony, he slowly keeps his back on the wooden floor he’s lying on. His memory caught bits and pieces of what had occurred only a few minutes ago. He recalls he was sitting tied to the chair as the three that where in the room gather around him to punish him severely for not giving any valuable data to them. Nick gulps as he remembers the sheer joy the three vampires had, poking and prodding him with their knives and blades, cutting into his arms, abdomen and legs. Nick gasps in pain as his eyes scroll the deserted room he found away from where he was beaten. He had managed to climb a couple of stairwells and turn many corners in a hallway before he lost sight of the three raging vampires. He recalled finding the room he’s in now before he collapsed from pure exhaustion to escape the others. Breathing raggedly, he sees a large sticky puddle of his blood gather around him as he tries to find where his cell phone is at. He had to contact his friends, he was in too much pain and bleeding profusely, for him to leave Liam’s mansion or let alone find his way out. He could hear the running footsteps pass by the closed room as their angry shouts lash out against the stranger. Nick smiles, thinking how he managed to defend himself so well. He was ever so grateful that Damaris had taught him some moves and if he made it out the Dark Falls mansion alive, he would have to thank her.

He slowly takes a deep breath as each breath becomes harder to inhale. His head was pounding and his vision clouded with pain. He didn’t want to die, not like this anyway. He had so much to live for, at least that was what Kevin had always told him. Nick gulps and determined to get out of here alive, rolls onto his stomach and slowly crawls on the floor. He bangs into something hard as an item topples off striking him on the wounded arm. Taking a deep breath, he covers his mouth fearing he might scream and alert the vampires of his finding.

He blindly grabs the item that fell on his arm and smiles, the familiar sound of a dial tone greeted him. He was gonna get out of here after all, talk about luck. He pounds the number of one of the guys cell, hoping that someone will pick up and sure enough, it did. He could here A.J’s voice on the phone line and laughing softly, Nick whispers back to him only to find that it was the answering machine he was conversing with. “NO! No! A.J! Pick up!! I’m in pain, God, they wanna kill me, I’m bleeding, help me…” Nick whispers before passing out again.
~*~

Nemesis smirks and shakes her head, checking Brian’s temperature again with a thermometer. “This is weird man. You’re health is just fine, it looks like the drug never reached you or something. I’m sure it’s in the water already, but why aren’t you infected in any way?” She whispers to herself, scratching the side of her honey suckle locks in confusion.

Brian shrugs his shoulders as he adjusted his position on the chair, “So I’m ok then right?”

Nemesis nods her head, “Strangely yes. All vital signs are well, there isn’t anything wrong with you. No drug in your system.” She whispers out confused, not understanding how he could have avoided the damage of the drugs. “Well you’re free to go. But Brian, if you feel weird at any point today, let me know. Though I’d doubt it, cause the PCP never entered your body from the blood exam I did. Weird, really weird though.” She mumbles quietly to herself as Brian gathers his belongings and exits the small examination room that the mansion had. Stepping out the room, he closes the door behind him and smiles. Of course everything was fine with Brian, what Nemesis didn’t know was he was hiding a secret from her and the others and they won’t find out until it’s too late. Brian nervously brushes his hair with his hands and walks down the hallway, slipping into his room to get prepared to meet Cabal and Demetrius later this evening.

Kevin’s knuckles rasps on the door of the white examination room, curious to see if Nemesis found anything wrong with Brian. Nemesis quickly opens the door with fear etched on her face, thinking it was Brian who started to fall ill. She looks up at the emerald eyes and lets out a deep breath. “I thought for a moment, you were Brian and was starting to feel ill.”

“Well you saw him, how is he?” Kevin whispers, thinking the others could hear him.

Nemesis shrugs her broad shoulders as her locks tumble down it, “He’s good. Nothing wrong with him. There’s no drugs in his body.”

Kevin closes the door and shakes his head, “I know you already explained to all of us about the drugs and plans of the Dark Falls Society but what if there’s something more to the whole plot that even you don’t know?”

Nemesis nods her head, “Probably, who knows. My concern is that friend of yours that got stolen. If Liam wants to, he could have already killed Nick.”

“Don’t say that! He wouldn’t! Doesn’t he need Nick?!” Kevin growls at the idea that a stranger would want to lie his hands on any of his friends.

“Maybe or maybe not.” Nemesis whispers, tapping the glass tube that held a bit of Brian’s blood with her finger.

“What is Demetrius plans for us?” Kevin exclaims, trying to gain control of his voice.

“You’ll be like us, tonight we’ll show you how to hunt and collect bags of blood. Demetrius feels it’s important to collect enough blood for tomorrow cause Liam will wage war and blood is needed to keep him along with Cabal alive enough to destroy them.” Nemesis states quietly, placing the one tube of fresh blood into a cold white ice box facing him.

“Can’t we just go there and get Nick?” Kevin pleads with the woman before him.

“We tried that before, Demetrius lost his army and his life was in endangered, he’s lucky to still be alive himself. They’re too strong. Stronger than you think and our lives on Liam’s bloody hands won’t save the community any faster.” Nemesis whispers quietly, raising her light eyebrows and brushing pass Kevin to exit the room.

Kevin shakes his head and follows the woman out the room as his thoughts wonder over about Nick’s safety.
~*~

A.J. gasps as he tries to wash away the blood stains with the water. He rubs his hands on the fresh blood drops that stain the porcelain sink in front of him. He had ran in the bathroom only three minutes before, when his nose begins to bleed for no apparent reason. He never had any allergies nor did he fell ill for his nose to suddenly start bleeding, so it startled him to see his own dark crimson blood stain the shiny sink. He feels his stomach churn as the metallic smell of his own blood made him ill. He fights off the gagging as he continues washing away the bloody mess on the sink. He jumps at the knocking of the door and stands still staring at the closed door beside him.

Again the sound of the door knocking starts again as Howie’s voice asks quietly, “Hey, J are you ok? Did your nose stop bleeding?”

A.J. lets out a sigh as he wipes away the dry blood stains that was on his nostrils and scattered above his top lip. “Yeah, I’m ok man.” He responds back and he grabs the copper knob, opening the bathroom door in time to see Howie look at him concerned.

“Just making sure. First Nick’s missing, then Brian getting checked up and now you suddenly bleeding, I’m thinking something ain’t it right here?” Howie whispers, glancing down both sides of the long elaborate hallways to check if the coast was clear.

“Yeah, listen, let me finish cleaning up here and meet me in my room k?” A.J. drops his voice, suddenly feeling as if someone was intruding his thoughts.

Howie nods and flees down the hallway to his left, disappearing down one of the corners.

A.J. closes the bathroom door again and sighs. Leaning on it, he knew something is wrong, he could feel it. His body was acting up, he felt more alive than ever and the idea of stealing blood, stirred his stomach in glee, yet the smell of his own blood made him gag. he didn’t understand what’s going on and couldn’t deduce what could be wrong himself. He looks in the mirror and rubs his finger under his nose to make sure his bleeding stopped. Feeling confident that the injury to his nose left, he opens the bathroom door and creeps down the hallway to find Howie. They have to get out of here. Things weren’t making any sense and haven’t since the beginning. Maybe after he talked with Howie, he can catch a nap to replenish him “Yeah a nap sounds good.” He whispers to himself as he makes his way to his room.
~**~

**~To Be Continued…~**