- Text Size +
“The Blood Pact”

**~Primary blood~**

Nick slowly opens his eyes as the weak throbbing pain on his abdomen reminds him of what he’s enduring. He struggles to take a breath as the puddle of his own blood begins to dry up, the metallic odor lingering in the dark room. He was surprised he still alive and not found yet. “Guess they forgot to check this room.” He whispers to himself, rolling onto his back as he desperately tries to sit up. After that feat, he uses his strength and stands up, still feeling a bit weary and dizzy. Nick walks over to the little golden light that seeped through the only dusty window pane located in the corner of the pitch dark room. He yanks off his jacket and ties it tightly over his wounded stomach where most of the blood was seeping through and stands in front of the dirty window. He reaches out using his right hand, dusts off a streak of dirt that had accumulated on the window. With his other hand, he clutches his stomach. He knew if he was to get out of this place, he needed to jump out of the window, for walking out the room was not the option. He waits to hear if anyone is walking down a hallway. After hearing only silence for the next few minutes he decided he has to jump now before its too late. Raising his foot, he slams it into the window, hoping he could fit through and escape. Clearing the glass shards away, he pokes his head out to see how far up he was. He about three stories up and a small roof top was right below him. He takes a deep breath and closes his eyes praying he doesn’t get noticed. Finally after debating whether it would be the right thing to jump to his maybe possible death, he leaps out the window. He wanted to scream but lucky for him, the air was caught in his throat as his wounded body slams on the lower shale roof below him. Cringing in pain, he lands on his knees, already throbbing with pain. He peers over the roof and sighs, only a mere few feet away from the ground. He blows out a puff of air and painfully leaps off the roof to the grassy ground.

Nick is met with a thud as his arms and weak legs break his fall. Nick gasps in pain and stands up, wavering a bit, glancing around the Dark fall mansion. No one was in sight and Nick feels a smile creep upon his face, “Man I must be lucky.” He whispers, limping away from the mansion and running towards the street. Maybe someone will recognize him and take him back to the hotel. Then he dropped that idea, knowing the other guys are with the Crimson society, not in their hotel. “Damn, how did all this mess happen?” Nick grumbles, as he glances down at his blood streaked clothes.

He hails a passing car and begs the driver to please drop him off two blocks away from where the Crimson Society mansion is located. He couldn’t tell the driver about where he was heading to.

“Oh God man, I’ll drop you off at a hospital. Jeez, so much blood! I can’t believe you’re still standing!” The driver states frightened, his eyes wide open, taking in the disheveled sight of Nick. “Here, here, hurry, get in. I gotta take you to the hospital!” The man cries out as he leans over the seat across him and swings open the passenger side door.

Nick drops into the seat and winces in pain as the wounds on his stomach shoot up in pain.

“It’s gonna be alright kid, the hospital is only five miles down this road.” The driver states, steering his car pass the horrid hotel.

“What happened to you kid? If you don’t mind me asking.” The driver asks, keeping his dark eyes on the road.

“Long story. But please no hospital, just take me to where I told ya. I’m not that hurt, really it isn’t that bad.” Nick whispers, staring at his heavily bloodied green shirt.

The driver snorts but doesn’t say anything as he drives down the highway. “Whatever you say man.” And he listens to Nick’s direction to where to head off to.

After forty five minutes of driving quietly, the man pulls up on the curb and sighs. “K, well, here you are Kid. Hope you’re ok and if you did anything illegal, I feel sorry for you.”

Nick rolls his eyes and carefully steps out the car, “Thanks.” He whispers as the driver stares at him strangely before pulling away and disappearing down the street.

Nick sighs and runs his dried bloody fingers in his hair. “Man the guys are gonna freak out when they see me.” He pounds on the front door of the Crimson Society.
~*~

Howie sighs as A.J. sits down besides him in the room. Howie gazes over to the small red light blinking, A.J.’s cell, lying on a desk top. “J. You got a new message in the phone.” Howie points as A.J. saunters over to listen to the message. The phone beeps and connects him to voicemail as A.J. raises the volume. He hears the message that stopped his heart.

Howie raises his eyebrows as A.J. plays the message again, placing his cell on Howie’s left ear.

“NO! No! A.J! Pick up!! I’m in pain, God, they wanna kill me, I’m bleeding, help me…” Nick’s voice fades away as the phone responds that is the last message gotten at 8:15 am.

Howie’s mouth drops open as his warm eyes fill with horror. A.J. clutches the edge of the dresser and takes a deep breath.

A.J. gulps and turns to look at Howie, “D! Oh God! He’s dead!”

Howie shakes his head, “NO! He can’t be! That isn’t how the plan is. Nick can’t be dead.” He whispers to himself, clutching the cross necklace on his neck.

A.J. shakes his head and grabs onto the edge of the desktop before his knees give up and quiver.

Brian and Kevin alarmed with the screaming coming A.J.’s room, burst through the door along with Damaris and Nemesis.

“What is it?” Kevin asks quietly, inching his way towards his shaking friend.

“It’s, it’s Nick!” A.J. gulps before continuing, “He left a message. Kev! He’s dying!”

Kevin stands still, frozen in his actions, “Wh, what? Let me hear it.”

A.J. pushes the button again for Kevin and the others to hear the frightening message again.

Silence consumed the air as everyone held their breath. The only thing heard was Brian’s whispers, “Please God no.”

Damaris shakes her head, her dark brown hair lying peacefully on her shoulders, “I’m so sorry guys. I wish I could have done something.”

Brian raises his head, staring at Nemesis, “Please tell me that by some miracle, Nick isn’t dying. That he isn’t lying dead somewhere with those sick people, taking his life away.”

Nemesis drops her head, her blonde locks sag against her shoulders, “I don’t know what to say Brian. But if they have him and with that message that Nick left, then sadly, I’m sorry to say that its over.”

Kevin sniffs and roughly wipes away a stray tear that rolled down his face, “I won’t believe that till I see his corpse before me. Until then Nick is still alive to me.” And he pushes pass Nemesis, his bright eyes sneering at her.

Damaris sighs and leans on the threshold as the sadness enveloped the group. Her ears perk up at the sound of the doorbell coming from the front door. “Shhh. Guys. Someone is at the door. Quiet!” Damaris whispers harshly, immediately quieting everyone in the room.

Damaris followed with everyone else, creeps down the hallway and stairwells, finally reaching the front door. Swinging it open, everyone gasps as Nick stumbles into the house, his clothes stain in dark crimson blood.

“Oh God Nick! You’re drenched in blood! Why aren’t you in the hospital for this?” Kevin cries out, as he along with the other three members of the group embrace and gently places the wounded Nick on to a sofa. The bright golden morning sun gleams down in the room as everyone gasps and surrounds Nick with a worried expression on their faces.

Nick lying on his back on the sofa, smiles at Kevin, “I’m ok now. It’s weird, I don’t hurt anymore.” Nick whispers as he tugs on his shirt and jacket and throwing the articles of bloodied clothes onto the carpet. Nemesis and Damaris raise their eyebrows, approaching Nick.

“Did you kill any of them? There’s so much blood on you, I know its not from you, there’s no cuts on you.” Damaris whispers curiously, leaning near Nick, scanning his cut lip, the only wound on his body.

Nick raises his eyebrows, “What? Are you kidding me? I’m cut all over, Liam and his crew, tried slicing me with their knives and junk. Can’t you see the big puncture on my stomach?” Nick asks, tracing his hands over his stomach. Nick in shock, sits up immediately stun that there was no wound on his stomach. No cuts found anywhere on his legs and arms and he gazes up at the group in confusion. “You guys, I was just spilling my guts all over the place not more than forty five minutes ago! I mean what the hell happen to me? It’s like I was healed or something.” Nick passes his hands over his arms and covered legs, no longer feeling any pain in his body. “Oh God! I’m dead, ain’t I? No!” He shrieks out, placing his dried bloodied hands over his blonde spikes.

“No, you’re not dead. Listen to me Nick, did you drink any water today?” Damaris asks.

Nick shakes his head, “Are you crazy? What the hell are you talking about?”

“He doesn’t know the story, leave him alone. I doubt he drank anything since he was kidnapped.” Howie whispers, throwing his arms around Nick who was shaking violently.

“What about the water?” Nick insisted, his eyes following Damaris and Nemesis.

“Nothing. Well tell you later, it’s a long story, just get cleaned and met us down here shortly. It’s already evening and Cabal and Demetrius will be up to met you all.” Nemesis whispers disappearing into the shadows.

Nick raises his eyebrows as A.J. shrugs, “Their some weird chicks, guys.”

Brian snorts, “Yeah, but they know what their talking about.”

“So, now, can ya tell me about the whole water issue or should I just be informed of it later on my own.” Nick asks annoyed.

Kevin sighs and sits besides Nick, “We’ll tell ya, but go get ready first. The smell of blood on you is making me nauseous.” He chuckles, cringing his nose.

Nick smiles as Howie helps his friend off the couch. “Come on Nick, the faster you wash off that blood of yours, you gotta let us know what happened to ya.”

Nick rolls his eyes as Brian and Howie help Nick to the closest bathroom, disappearing down a corner into the shadows of the living room.

A.J. smirks and eyes Kevin, “You know its interesting. Nick doesn’t know, does he?”

Kevin smirks, “I’m he did, if not, it’ll only be a matter of time until he knows.”

At that, both men chuckle quietly waiting for the others to join them.
~*~

The large mass of bodies rushes out the train cars as everyone races to get to their destination. Nairobi and Orion step off the last step heading into the subway as people push pass them, exiting the subway station. Nairobi inhales the fresh scents of warm bloodied mammals pushing pass her.

Her dark eyes gaze at the nearly vacant subway station as she walks towards the center of the large platform. Orion follows her and smiles, “Honey what is it?”

“That sound, the music. Where is it coming from?” Nairobi whispers, gazing around the dim lighted platform. It seemed the station was cleared out, only her and Orion remain on platform.

Orion gently places his dark chocolate hands on her right shoulder, following her gaze. He smiles when he noted a poor middle age man sitting in the corner of the platform, playing an ever sweet sounding melody with his violin. Orion stops in front of the man, watching him play the instrument with such precision and accuracy, the soft notes flowing into the atmosphere. Orion smiles when he feels Nairobi’s hand on his arm. Glancing at her, he knew what he had to do. Before the musician knew what was occurring, he was lying dead, his blood splattered against the white and black tile wall behind him. Orion smiles as Nairobi giggles passionately. Gently wiping away a drop of blood that smeared Nairobi’s cheek.

“Quite the kill, if I should say so myself.” Nairobi whispers, tugging on Orion’s arm, taking him away from the dead victim.

Orion chuckles, stringing his finger over one of the violin strings that protruded from the musician’s mouth, “Yes, I wanted to be more creative, I see I succeeded!”

Nairobi smiles and pulls Orion away as they wait for the next train.
~**~
**~To Be Continued…~**