- Text Size +
“The Blood Pact”

**~Eclipse~**

Cabal scatters the piles of papers that accumulated on his desk top wearily. He lost a few hours of sleep and had decided that he should get some work done on trying to preside with Demetrius plans. Plus the fact that he heard the new workers make some noise which aroused him from his sweet slumber, woke him up. Curiously enough, Demetrius was still asleep, even with all the talking and laughing that their new employers made. He sits back in a cushioned seat, taking a breather from all the reading and researching. His ears perk up as he noted that all the laughing and talking had disappeared downstairs. He could rarely hear the shallow whispers coming from the living room downstairs, all he managed to pick up from the uncompleted sentences was ‘hurt’, ‘pain’, ‘missing’ and ‘water’.

At the last word, Cabal sits up as his throat goes dry. “Water? Oh man, what about it? No, Liam couldn’t have seeped the chemicals in the water already. Cause then that would mean this city in already infested.” The nagging feeling in his chest initiates his curiosity and he bolts out the chair and out the room, running down the hallway before running down the stairwell. Hopefully the water wasn’t drugged cause then chaos would only erupt from it.
~*~

A.J. nibbles on his fingernails and watches as Nick tries to figure out what just happened. “I swear you guys, this is my blood, I left a message on A.J.’s cell! I passed out from the lost of blood I had, come on guys! I don’t play jokes like this!” Nick exclaims, standing up with his arms flailing besides him.

Kevin slumps further in the couch besides A.J., running his hand down his face, “Can you believe this?”

A.J. smirks and glances at his friend, “The poor boy doesn’t know what’s happening. Maybe we should tell him later after the ladies leave.”

“Why not tell him now? I would love to see what deductions the women will have for that.” Kevin whispers softly, glancing over to see Brian and Howie failing in calming down Nick.

A.J. watches Nemesis telling Nick to be quiet and then goes into the whole plot of how he along with the three, Kevin, A.J. and Brian are connected through blood as the descendents of Liam and Demetrius.

At that statement Nick cries out a list of profanities pushing away Nemesis, yelling, “Stop lying! I can’t believe you came up with such a sick story to keep us here! I’m gonna make sure you go to jail for abducting me and the rest of the guys! It’s wrong, illegal! You can’t keep us here against our will!”
Damaris silently pleas with her friend Nemesis to say something that will calm the man down, but she too seemed taken a back and rather stunned.

“This is to be expected. Of course Nick, you’re right. If you want to leave you can.” Nemesis whispers nonchalantly, quickly quieting Nick down.

Everyone stares at Nemesis and takes in the new data.

Damaris glares at her partner and clutches her fist.

“Whoa, whoa wait, hold up! We can just walk out of here this whole time and you can’t do anything about it right?” Howie whispers.

Damaris rolls her light brown eyes and mutters out angrily, “Yeah.”

“Wait you said Cabal would come back for us anyway right?” Brian whispers, his sapphire orbs glaring at the two women.

Both women nod their heads and suddenly Damaris thought of an idea, nudging Nemesis, she stares at her friend’s eyes, knowing Nemesis was also thinking of a similar ploy.

“Yeah, but for the time being, you can go home and leave here until we need you for later. Training will begin again later on this evening and we’ll meet in the conference hall of this building.” Damaris smirks as she hears Nemesis stifling her own giggling.

Kevin raises an eyebrow and stands up, “Then we’re leaving and I hope you have a good lawyer, cause this will be some case.” He narrows his emerald orbs at both women.

Howie gulps and watches the two women silently standing there wondering why they were not putting up an argument or even fighting to keep the guys to remain.

“Great! Peace out!” A.J. grumbles, smiling cockily as the other four guys file out the house and down the front cemented pathway away from the beautifully furnished Crimson Society hotel. The door slams shut loudly, sending both women to jump in surprise.

Cabal who was listening to the sudden conversation, smiles and pushes off the threshold of the living room entry doorway. Clapping his hands, he seemed pleased with the men’s responses.

“I must commend you girls, this is turning out to be quite the day now isn’t it? Everything is falling into place, the plan is working out wonderfully.” Cabal chuckles, his dark eyes staring at Nemesis and Damaris with joy.

Damaris sighs and nods her head, “Yeah, but it’s hard. I mean did you hear what happened? Nick was stupid enough to get captured by Liam. They know who Nick is now and that’s our downside.”

“Ahh, yes well, we can’t expect our plan to go through smoothly, we’re messing with raw human feelings. I’m sure you know how that is.” Cabal whispers, feeling the piercing of the women’s glares cut into him.

Nemesis growls and all the anger she was willing inside of her finally has reached the boiling point. Cabal just like Demetrius, had taunted the girls for falling into their human emotions and letting their heart get in the way of their job. Damaris tenses her body knowing Nemesis was about to lash out from his remark. She watches as Nemesis lashes out and slams into Cabal before he knew what was going on. He falls squarely on his back and tries to pull Nemesis’s long legs off him, but she straddled him and placed her hands around his throat. Cabal yanks on her long locks hoping it brought pain across her face, but to no avail. Nemesis like Damaris, have been trained to handle intense pain from their enemies hits, so it didn’t surprise Cabal that Nemesis wouldn’t let go. He feels his body giving up strength as Nemesis’s hands grip more tightly cutting off the air into his lungs. His arms fall to his side listlessly as he gags. Nemesis in her raw anger pushed her hands into his neck, practically griping his windpipe.

“Nemesis! Nemesis. Stop! I think you killed him.” Damaris shakily whispers, her light brown eyes lit up in fear.

Nemesis smirks and jumps off the unconscious Cabal. “Don’t worry I didn’t kill him. I just wanted to see him suffer like we did. I’m tired of this, of taking his orders. Let’s get out of here, we don’t need to do this anymore. Just like the guys left, let’s go.”

Damaris gulps and shakes her head, “You forgot what Cabal planned on doing to the guys! They’re not going home! Cabal sent some vampires to stop them. He wants to see if the guys can defend themselves with the moves we showed them. If they survive, then they truly are the chosen ones. If not then we need to go back out and start the search again. I’m not gonna risk my neck escaping this place to get called back! You know how much that hurts when they call us!”

“Relax ‘maris. Fine, we’ll do it your way. But when I get the chance I’m gonna kill Demetrius along with his the rest of his crew.” Nemesis growls, cracking her knuckles as she fiddles with a small blade clipped on her belt.

“Girl I was this close to finishing Cabal up, let me kill him already!” Nemesis whines, batting her blue green orbs towards her friend’s direction.

Damaris sighs and tugs on her friend’s arm, “Forget him, let’s just go somewhere. Cause when he wakes up, there’s gonna be hell to pay.”

“I ain’t afraid him! Let Cabal get up. Go on, come Cabal, what are you waiting for?” Nemesis taunts the unconscious body, kicking the ribcage.

Cabal groans and shifts his position on the floor before opening his eyes. Both girls gulp as Cabal winces in pain and gingerly rub his sore injured throat. He glares at both women and rasps out, “You’ll die when I get my hands on you!” He growls, attempting to stand up.

Both women intake a deep breathe and run out the door and out of the hotel.

Cabal sneered, “Run. Go ahead run! Run as fast as you can. Cause you always come back!” And he slams the door, heading back to the room.
~*~

A.J. sighs as he pulls out an address book and tries dialing on his cell phone. “Nothing. I can’t get through. There’s no frequency around this area. I should have known better than to count on the cell.”

Brian slumps on the bar stool beside A.J., “Try again, we have to call our security and management. They must be freaking out looking for us. Plus we gotta figure out where we are. I don’t remember how we got to the Crimson Hotel.”

“Shhh, don’t say that too loud, we could be suspicious saying that around this neighborhood.” Howie whispers, dropping his voice as he gazes at the few customers eating an early supper in the small café they just entered a few minutes ago.

The soft yellow ceiling lights gleam down on them as they all settle down the bar stools align in beside the thick padded formica counter.

Kevin folds a napkin nervously and unfolds it, his mind distracted on something else.

“Did you hear Kevin?” Nick nudges the man besides him.

Kevin shakes his head, “What, no sorry. What was it?”

Howie sighs and folds the newspaper in his hands in half, sliding it across the bar counter towards Kevin’s direction. “Read page five. It states that over thirty people already have contracted some form of virus and have fallen ill. I think two people already died from the illness.”

Kevin bites his lower lip and gulps before opening the newspaper to its desired page. Kevin scans his eyes over the first article and drops down to see the title that caught his eye, reading out loud for the others to hear, all he can think about was their families.

-‘A Deadly Virus found loose in Florida’s water.’

Over more that thirty five people have been found to have caught a deadly virus roaming in the water system. Two men were found dead after drinking the hazardous liquid. The sudden plague in the water is a surprise that has inspectors baffled. No clue as to what exactly is in the water that is making people ill, but everyone is advised to filter their water thoroughly or to buy bottled water for their own safety. Be aware that safety water inspectors along with scientists are examining the water to locate the ideal problem and if anyone has any clues to what could be in the water, please call the water sanitarian team at 213-2820 as soon as possible.” Kevin finishes reading and places the newspaper on the counter. He hears the others take a deep breath.

“I’m gonna call the inspectors.” Howie whispers, “We know what’s wrong with it. The drugs must be in the water already.”

A.J. drums his fingers on the counter and gazes at Kevin, “What do you think? I don’t know if it’ll be wise for us to do that.”

“And why not?!” Brian shouts aggravated, jumping off the stool as he passes a small towel over his wet hair. The rain storm outside started pouring as they were traveling, catching them in surprise. They managed to have walked about a mile away from the Society’s hotel but stopped at the café as soon as the thunderous down pour began.

“How are we gonna prove to them that some virus is being implanted into the water system, they’ll have us arrested considering we know the facts so well!” Howie whispers, his tan hands fiddle with a spoon.

Brian narrows his eyes, “So that’s it? We can’t even help especially since our families are involved! What do you know? I’m calling! I’m not gonna wait till it’s too late and my wife or mother or brother gets sick cause ‘we’ decided not to give the vital info.” He seethes out, standing up from the stool and slides into a red cushioned booth in the back of the café.

Kevin sighs, “Howie’s right. Listen to him. I’m not feeling too well right now.” He winces slightly, rubbing his hand over his chest.

Nick gulps, “Oh dude, you feel sick? Then maybe we should go to a doctor.” He stutters nervously leaning over the elder Boy, placing his cool hands on Kevin’s sweaty forehead.

Kevin shakes his head, “Forget it, it’ll pass. I’ve been feeling this way for about two days, it’s not a big deal.”

“You’re health is our concern. If you’re feeling ill, then we need to listen to Nick and take your behind to a doctor.” A.J. whispers seriously, his dark eyes shrouded with concern.

Kevin smiles, “I’ll be fine guys, not to worry ok. I promise if you think later on I’m acting weird or too ill, then I’ll gladly give you permission to whisk me off to a hospital.”

A.J. and Nick nod their heads, “Ok we’ll hold ya to the promise Kev.” A.J. states, pointing his finger to the older man. They smile just as a middle age woman in a stained plaid shirt and black pants appears behind the counter.

“Well boys, you ready to order?” The woman asks, snapping her pink gum loudly.

A.J. shakes his head, “Not yet. I don’t think we’re much for eating today, but thanks anyway.”

The woman snorts and rolls her eyes as she pulls out a pad of paper, “Fine but you can’t stay here if you ain’t ordering anything. Read the sign, no loitering.” The woman states annoyed, pointing her thin fingers over to the regulations of the café.

Kevin clears his throat and looks up at the waitress, “I’ll take something.”

“Great!” The woman states happily, her attitude changed immediately as she pulls out a pen to jot down his order.

“Uhhh, well, just a small coffee, two packs of sugar and no milk.” Kevin replies as the woman scratches the back of her dyed black locks gently, her grey roots showing clearly.

“That’s it?” The woman piped.

“Yeah for now that is.” Kevin whispers.

The woman rolls her eyes and whisks away grumbling about celebrities always being cheap.

“What’s her problem?” A.J. asks, beating his fist on the counter softly.

“Us.” Howie states, finishing up his plate full of noodles.

“Figured.” Nick grumbles, walking over to where Brian is sitting at. “Yo B, are you alright man?” He asks, sliding across from his friend in a booth.

Brian yawns as he watches the bright evening sun gleam beautifully. Shrugging his shoulders, he needed to tell Nick that Kevin wasn’t the only one feeling a bit ill today, but instead avoided it and sarcastically responds, “Yeah, just dandy. Peachy if I should say so myself.”

Nick narrows his eyes, feeling the anger from Brian’s tone, “What’s wrong Brian seriously? Are you worried about the news, all this stuff that’s happening?”

“Everything and much more Nick.” Brian murmurs, staring into his bowl of soup.

“Are you gonna eat that? Or waiting for it to talk back to you?” Nick asks softly.

Brian cracked a smile and pushes the bowl towards his friend, “Na, lost my appetite if you know what I mean.”

“I hear you, but I could never blame the food for my issues.” Nick states, staring strangely at the red soup.

“Eww, what is this?” Nick asks, sniffing the soup, dipping a metal soup into the red liquid.

“Tomato soup. I used to eat that when I was young, thought it could it relax me like it did back then. But I guess I grew up for that formula to work.” Brian states, his azure eyes focused out the large window besides him. The storm passed and now the bright sun returns in the sky clearing up the dark clouds that are passing by.

“Yuck, tomato soup? Dude this stuff stinks, never did like those red things. But whatever, I’m passing on this one. I’ll order something edible.” Nick smirks, catching Brian’s smile.

“Fine by me.” Brian whispers, leaning back on the red cushioned booth. He gazes at the window and blows out of puff of air, “This is some crazy weather we’re having today.”

Nick looks up from the dreaded red soup and peers at Brian. Curiosity getting the best out of him, he decided to join Brian and look out the window with him.

Nick pushes away the bowl in disgust and stands up, to sit next to Brian, “I wanna know what the heck are you looking at outside that has you interested.”

Brian smiles and points out, “Check that out. There’s about to be a solar Eclipse. I heard you shouldn’t look at it.”

Nick snorts, “Why, ‘faid you go blind?”

Brian shrugs, “Maybe. Who knows.”

Both men watch the path of the silver disc of the moon cover the beaming sunlight, swallowing the golden glory in its arrival. The sun rays gleam behind the dark moon, as sudden darkness creeps into the sky.

“Wow, look at that. Creepy and beautiful at the same time.” Nick whispers entranced by the dark moon surrounded in a golden beam.

“Yeah.” Brian whispers as they stare into the sky.

A.J. poked Howie on the side and both men watch the sudden Eclipse wash over them as Kevin grips his chest tightly.

A.J. noted this and runs over to Kevin, “Alright, the deal is on, I’m taking you to the hospital.”

“No, it’s not that. Someone is coming for us. I feel a change happening to me. But I’m ok.” Kevin whispers shallowly, his flesh paled as he nervously rakes his hand over his spiked raven hair.

Howie glances at Kevin in worry, “Someone’s coming?”

Kevin simply nods his head as he pushes aside the cup of coffee and hurries over to Brian and Nick. “Guys, we’re leaving now.”

“What? Why? Kevin, are you ok?” Brian asks curiously.

Kevin shakes his head and points to the exit, “Somewhat, let’s just go.”

Nick and Brian worriedly glance at each other as they get up and throw some money in a wad on the table before heading out.

Howie and A.J. confused, nervously watch Kevin as he calls them to leave and head out. Just as the five were about to exit the door, they halted and were pushed back into the café by a large group of ten people, all dressed in black and each holding a deadly arsenal in their hands.

Kevin gulps and backs away, as the other four fearfully do the same. The restaurant owner comes out and yells out that he’ll call the police on them.

One of the men, dressed in a black shirt and black cargo pants with a leather trench coat, stands in the front of the large group and reveals his fangs. Raising his pistol, he seethes out, “You will do no such thing. How about you step away from the alarm and phone and come join these fine gentlemen here.” The man seethes pointing to the five guys.

Kevin could hear Nick’s breathing increase as Brian places a shaking hand on his cousin’s shoulder.

Kevin gulps and closes his eyes, hoping that today he might be able to stay alive.
The man in the middle seethes out angrily, “You belong to Liam, don’t you?” The head vampire states: towering over Kevin as he smirks, the sharp fangs protruding out of his mouth.

Kevin and Nick gulp and begin to shake their heads when the head vampire spoke again, “Enough! I can smell it. You guys are here to stop us! What a laugh? Can you really stop us? Try it.” The man states, his pale slender fingers wrap around the trigger of the pistol in his hands.

A.J. stands there watching earnestly, “What’s your problem?” He hears the few customers screaming out quietly in fear as some of the vampires in the group point their pistols towards them. A.J. hears the manager and the waitress join them in the circle as the vampires surround them taunting them.

Brian closes his eyes and gasp, clutching his chest, “I’m not feeling well now.”

Nick nods his head and stands dizzily, his heart racing a mile a minute, “Same here. I feel nauseous.” He squeaks out, as a trail of sweat race down the back of his neck.

A.J. covers his mouth as his muscles tense up, something was going on with his body and he couldn’t understand it. He glances over to see the others respond like him, all except Howie who was standing confused and worried over the rest of them.

“A.J.? buddy you ok?” Howie gingerly asks, placing an arm around his friend’s shoulder.

A.J. shakes his head as the head vampire stands and laughs. A.J. glances at the vampire, his ashen pale hands thrown in the air, as his light eyes gleam in hatred whispering what seemed like chant of some kind.

Another vampire standing besides the head leader, joins in the chant and then in a few minutes, all ten of the vampires joined in the chant. Nick grips Brian’s shoulder tightly as he feels himself faint on the tiled floor. Kevin soon after, collapses onto the floor as well and Brian feels his legs give up and he too joined the floor. Howie and A.J. gasp in fright as A.J. feels his chest tighten, his breathing becoming more ragged.

“A.J. OH GOD! Stay with me! Tell me what’s going on?!” Howie shrieks as A.J. crumples onto the floor and faints. Howie and the other customers in the café watch in confusion and pure terror as the chant continues to be said. Howie needed to find an answer to what just occurred and as much as he hated to admit it, he’ll be needing the help of Nemesis and Damaris after all.
~*~

“Girl you know that thing broke down a month ago.” Damaris grumbles as she desperately tries to shield herself from the ongoing rain but fails miserably as the large rain drops easily slip pass her hands and splashing on her head.

Nemesis smirks and fiddles with the small metal box, “I know I was supposed to fix the tracking machine, but I still think it has life in, don’t ya think?” She giggles, pushes Damaris playfully.

Smirking Damaris pushes her friend back and both women burst out in laughter, “You know this sucks right?”

Nemesis laughs, “Nice one, this weather bites!”

Damaris laughs and holds on her side in glee. “Oh man I’m out of jokes.”

“So am I.” snorts Nemesis, her wet thin golden strands lie plastered on her head, “We must look like a mess huh?

“I don’t know about you, but I know I look cute.” Damaris jokes, twirling her dark tangles.

“Hey look the rain is letting up.” Nemesis smiles, her twinkling blue green orbs gleam happily as the sun light burst through the dark clouds.

“Good, you know Cabal is pissed with us for walking out on him.” Damaris whispers, brushing off a few rain drops that trailed down her peach complexion.

“So let him. I don’t care anymore. It’s about time we did this. I just hate the fact when he’s gonna call us, man I get a migraine whenever he does that whole mind game thing.” Nemesis murmurs, pulling on her ear drum to take out any access water that could have wondered in.

“Yeah I know. Demetrius will have our necks for this.” Damaris whispers as she hears Nemesis giggling.

“Ah see, you had one joke left in ya.” Nemesis points out.

Damaris nods her head and both women continue walking down the road.

“They couldn’t have traveled too far, I mean they had to have gotten caught in the rain some how.” Damaris states wearily, her body was getting tired, it seemed they could have walked for miles by the way her legs were aching.

“Yeah, my stupid tracking machine is dead.” Nemesis grumbles throwing the small rectangular metal object into her shirt pocket.

Both women stop as they see a solar eclipse taking over the sky. “What the…” Nemesis wonders off as she stares at the unusual beauty.

Damaris narrows her eyes and follows the direction of the eclipse, “They’re in that small café down the road.”

Nemesis nodded, “Oh man, I sense something bad is about to happen. And the guys have no clue what they’re in.”

“They’ll be safe, they’re the chosen ones. Liam can’t touch them and he knows it.” Damaris sighs, as both women hurriedly pick up speed to reach the café.

“Chosen to stop Liam and rest of the freaks from getting to the public. What a job, can’t wait to see what they’ll think of it.” Nemesis grins, racing off down the road, leaving Damaris to struggle up behind her.
~*~

The therapist closes the manila folder and smiles, “You’ve been improving lately on handling your emotions the right way. I’m happy to say, I’m proud of you Hades.”

Hades smirks and sits up from the leather couch he’s on, “Why thank you. I’m so glad I had the chance the talk and get my feelings out to you. You really know a lot about me and that scares me.”

The friendly brunette giggles and adjusts her wire frame glasses, “I’m glad to have such a wonderful outspoken patient. Sadly this is our last meeting, it’s a bitter sweet moment, you understand? You’ve accomplished your goal and you got well but now I won’t hear any stories from you anymore. You always did keep me entertained Hades.”

Hades smile, “Yeah no problem, I have quite the life you can say.”

“Sure do.” The therapist replies, her dark eyes almost grinning at him.

“I have a wonderful way of thanking you. See Lia, you know so much and that’s not good.” Hades approaches the woman behind the desk.

The woman stands up nervously and smiles, “What do you mean? That’s my job, to help you get better. I have to know about your life.”

“Really, could have fooled me. You know and if you speak, you’ll be in danger. See, I never told you what is my real problem is?” Hades whispers, his red spikes standing out of his caramel complexion.

The doctor whispers, getting up from her desk, “Well tell me Hades, what’s troubling you?”

“Humans.”

The doctor narrows her eyes, “Humans?”

“Yes and you know.” Hades pulls on his jacket revealing the black crescent moon on his neck. “You know what this means don’t you?”

The woman nods her head in surprise as she gasps, “Oh God, you’re one of those things aren’t you?”

Hades laugh, “Shhh, quiet now, what would the others think with you screaming like that?”

The woman shrieks as Hades attacks her, grabbing her neck and ripping into her flesh as the metallic taste tickled his tongue.

The office door swings open as an officer walks in when the doctor screamed, but found nothing but a streak of blood splattered on the white walls. The officer walks into the room, calling the doctor’s name.

No response.

He walks close to her desk and intakes a large gulp of air, screaming out in horror. He found her, sprawled out dead, her neck ripped apart as a large dosage of blood tinges the wooden planks below him. “Oh God, who could have done this to you doctor?” He chokes back tears as he calls in for backup to come met him in the room. He notices that whom ever was responsible for Lia’s death, crashed through the window as an escape route.
~**~

**~To Be Continued...~**