- Text Size +
A/N: Hey I’m back, sorry I took a while on updating, but I needed to refuel for ideas which I’m ready to show you now! Enjoy and please try to review, thanks a bunch!

“The Blood Pact”

**~Delusional Aspects~**

Nemesis and Damaris quickly reached the small café that was now littered with yellow police tape all around. Police officers and paramedics filed out the café each stricken with grief and confusion. The sirens wailed loudly as two paramedics carry out a corpse in a body bag. Damaris could feel the air in her throat caught as she tries to talk but nothing comes out. Nemesis scans quickly the environment, the ambulances and police cars surrounded the small café, the red harsh lights of the siren blending in erotically with the black velvet sky.

“Excuse me officer, can you tell me what happened here?” Nemesis asks hoping one police officer can say something to her.

A young woman shakes her head and pulls off her police cap, “I’m sorry miss, this is a restricted area, you’re not allowed here.”

“Wait please, we had some friends stop by here and I just wanna know if they’re ok.” Damaris blurts out as Nemesis quickly shakes her head.

“Friends? What did they look like?” The woman officer asks, pulling out a notepad to write down the data.

Damaris gulps and describes each of the five men that ran off.

“Oh them. Well one of them is over by the ambulance getting checked up. As for the other four, we don’t know. Your friend over there said the four where drugged and kidnapped by a tough group of guys. We’re trying to get more info on that, so everything else is still a bit shady at this point.” The woman officer replies, jotting down a few notes. She points over to where Howie was sitting on the bumper of one of the ambulances getting asked questions from an officer. “I’ll make sure to keep a look out for your friends. Whatever that group of guys wanted with your friends, I just hope that their not dead when we find them.” And the officer steps behind the yellow restricted tape, walking over to another officer.

“Well that was encouraging now wasn’t it?” Nemesis mutters sarcastically.

“Oh yeah. Big time. You think Howie will want to talk with us? If he can tell us what happened then maybe we can figure out where the others where taken to.” Damaris whispers, swatting away a small gnat near her face that lingered in the warm night air.

“Hey it never hurts to try. Man what happened here? Look at all the dead bodies there. It was like a shoot out happened here. Who would do this?” Nemesis whispers as they both make their way around the restaurant to reach Howie.

Howie was sitting silently on the bumper of a vehicle, thinking deeply about something when both women stood in front of him.

Howie gazes up from where’s he sitting and shakes his head. Sucking his teeth in annoyance, he leans back on the front of the ambulance, diverting his eyes away from both women.

Damaris clears her throat and whispers a throaty whisper, “Hey, how you doing?”

Howie shrugs his shoulders and keeps staring at the road in front of him, avoiding the two women. “Why should you care?” He rasps out, his voice becoming weak after all the screaming he did. He recalled after A.J. fainted with Nick, Kevin and Brian, Howie was left to fend off for himself. He was frightened about what will occur as he had stared at the head of the pistol the vampire was holding. He recalled the customers in the café, screaming and shrieking as bullet shots go off, another vampire killing the innocent lives there. Howie recalled as he cried out when one of the vampire man, his fangs shining clearly under the sudden nightfall that dropped in the sky.

“You’re different, you’re human.” The vampire had stated to him.

Howie remembers shaking in fear as he tries to find out what did they do to his friends.

“They’re coming with us. Liam wants to see them. He has business to attend and your friends are needed.” The head vampire had stated, pointing the pistol towards Howie.

Howie was too in shock to do anything else as the group of vampires grab his friends and carry them out of the café.

“Wait, you can’t take them!” Howie recalled screaming, anything to stall the vampires from disappearing into the night before the police came.

“I can and I did. Don’t worry, you’re friends will live for tonight that is.” The head vampire smiles, pointing his pistol directly behind Howie: shooting an elderly man in the head. Howie hears the quiet gasps and feels the cold liquid of blood seep into the back of his shirt. He didn’t dare turn around, he feared if he saw what the bullet did to that innocent victim, he would never sleep again.

“Tell me who you are!” Howie demanded as the head vampire makes his way out the café.

The vampire smiles and laughs, “Damien.” And he disappears into the darkness hence he came from.

Howie jumps at the sound of his name being called out, “Howie look I know you’re mad with us and you have every right to be. But if you want us to help find the others, you gotta tell us what happened.” Nemesis pleads with him, her golden locks tumble almost portraying an angel in Howie’s mind.

“I can’t help you, I don’t know who they are, they took the guys.” Howie whispers slowly, the idea pulsating through his mind.

“Who? Did they tell you a name?” Damaris asks, trying to get Howie to tell more.

Howie gulps and leans back on the hood of the ambulance, “Damien, he was the one in charge of the group that got the guys.”

“Damien? Who’s that?” Damaris whispers, placing a gentle hand on Howie’s shoulder.

He shrugs off her touch and peers at Nemesis, “He’s a vampire, he said he had to take them back to Liam. Liam wasn’t done with the guys. I think he wants to see all of them.”

“But why? So what, they’re supposedly the descendants, what does that have to do with anything?” Nemesis asks to no one in particular.

“Damien? What does he look like?” Damaris asks, curious to see if maybe she could have seen him in earlier fights the Crimson Society were involved in.

“Tall, pale, dark eyes. Carried a gun. He’s a vampire, works with Liam I think. He wore all black. Howie states slowly, the fear egging him on to describe what happened. “It was weird, the weather. It was a beautiful sunny day and we managed to walk about almost two miles away, then the strangest thing happened. There was an eclipse after the storm and then it just turned night like that.” Howie lifts his head up to the dark sky.

Nemesis sighs and shakes her head, “Sorry, I wish I could help you, but the weather acting up might not have anything to do with what occurred.

“Or maybe it does…” Damaris whispers pointing towards the dark atmosphere above them. They all raised their heads to see a silver disc of the moon glowing brightly, but what made it different was it glowing in red.

“It’s another eclipse, a lunar moon, the moon is so red.” Damaris whispers as they all watch in awe at the scenery.

“What about the weather?” Nemesis whispers, poking her partner on her rib cage.

“We lived down here for a while to know no weather happens like this. Two eclipses in one day and only about thirty minutes apart. It has to do with Liam. I just know it.” Damaris whispers.

“So we’ll go to his place.” Howie states a look of determination crossing his tan face as he tucks a black pistol and a switch blade into his front jean pocket.

“NO! We’ll go.” Nemesis pointed, to her and Damaris. “It’s too dangerous.”

“Wait, I just remembered something.” Howie whispers, placing his shaking palm on to his forehead.

“What?” Damaris whispers curiously.

“Damien, that vampire stated that I was only human after I told him, ‘what about me?’ Does that mean that something is wrong with the guys?” Howie rasps, his voice dropping as he feels chills race down his spine.

“I don’t know. I don’t get why he wouldn’t take you with him. It doesn’t make sense, what does the four of them have, that you don’t?” Nemesis asks, her light eyes clouded in worry.

“Could it be simply be that they’re the descendents?” Damaris asks quietly.

Nemesis shrugs her shoulders, “Has to be, I mean why else could Liam need them for?”

Damaris shrugs as Howie stands up and they quickly escape through the small forest and out of the police’s view.
~*~

A.J. opens his eyes and dizzily stands up. He spots the other three of his band mates lying unconscious on the cold granite ground besides him. Holding his head in his hands, he struggles to focus and find out what happened to him. He notices they’re in a strange metal tent like room. The high ceilings tilt and cave in at the edges and no windows or doors are to be found around the room. Only one lone light bulb swings merciless on the ceiling, providing the only light in the room. He notices Brian moving and quickly comes to the aid of his friend.

“Hey Rok, easy there. Let’s get you up man.” A.J. whispers, fighting his own dizziness that enveloped him. Once Brian was on his own two feet, they stare around the room confused.

“Where are we?” Brian chokes out, the words slowly struggling to make sense.

“I was gonna ask you the same thing.” A.J. smiles gently.

Nick moves around and opens his eyes as he painfully sits up and gazes at the other two, “Oh man, why did you let me drink so much? I feel like hell.”

A.J. snorts, “Dude, right now I kind of wish it was the alcohol that was messing with our heads, but we never drank anything ‘cept that juice in the café.”

“Ohhh, man, well that juice had something in it.” Nick mumbles as he struggles to stand up.

Kevin opens his eyes and immediately stands up, staggering painfully over to A.J. “Whoa, Kev. Relax man. We’re all feeling a little out of it.” A.J. whispers as Kevin rapidly shakes his head to gain the proper vision that was now waving around dizzily.

“Those guys! They took us: remember we were at the café when it started raining. Some guys came in and choked us till we were unconscious!” Kevin rasps, his voice struggling to stay heard.

“Choke? Choke!” Nick whispers, as he places his hands over his neck, rubbing any possible injury that could have been inflicted on them.

“Choke? How? They never touched us.” Brian murmurs, his weary light eyes clouded with pain.

A.J. nods his head, the clarity of the memory hitting him, “Yeah, Brian you’re right. I was the last to fall after I saw you guys just collapse on the ground in the café. I was running out of air, like someone was choking me but no one ever laid a hand on me or you guys, which made it worse!”

Nick clears his throat, “Where’s D? Where is he?” He whispers close to a panic as he gazes around the cave like metal room.

Kevin sighs, “Oh man, I don’t know. Oh please let him be ok God.” He whispers before he slumps on the ground in distress.

“We’re gonna die aren’t we?” Nick blurts out, the tears filling up his azure eyes.

“No! Don’t say that! You here me Nick, those people can’t just kill us.” Brian says in a soft voice.

“Why not? They killed all those people at the restaurant, why not us?” A.J. states, trying to be logical of the whole event.

Kevin gazes up at A.J. from the floor, “Alex, you’re not helping.”

A.J. raises his hands in the air and backs away, “Ok, ok, whatever man.”

“I don’t know! I just think those vampires were sent out for us and wouldn’t hurt Howie right?” Brian quakes a bit, wrapping his arms around himself.

Suddenly A.J. feels a cold drop of liquid roll down his cheek. Wiping his hand across his face, he stares at the red liquid in shock as it traces down his finger. They all look up and see a shower of the liquid splashing down on them and in the room. Kevin covers his head with his arms as Brian screeches out that its blood that’s coming down on them.

Nick looks up and smells the metallic odor of blood, “Egh! What the hell man?!”

“The room is getting filled up with blood!” Kevin screeches out over the thunderous shower of red rain crashing onto the floor.

The guys all run towards the walls of the room to try to search for any exit that could get them out.

“Oh no!” A.J. mutters as a vulgarity strikes his lips, “It’s already ankle deep, you guys!”

“We have to get out of here! The psychos are trying to drown us in blood!” Brian screams, his back on the metal wall as the bloody rain continues to pour down heavily.

Kevin pounds on the walls, in hope that maybe there was some form of secret hidden door that would appear, but found nothing. “Oh God no! This can’t be happening!” He shouts, short tremors shake his spine violently.

“They’re gonna kill us, this is what they wanted us for. To kill us.” Nick earnestly states in a calm tone, the fate of his death already in his mind.

“Shut up Nick! And help us find an exit out of here while we still have time!” Kevin yells, his eyes holding in the fear that was slowly choking him.

“Nothing, this is solid iron, no doorways on the walls.” Brian yells, running over to the other end of the room: splashing a river of blood on the walls. A.J. grimaces as he holds his stomach, he couldn’t stand the smell of blood that flooded the room slowly.

“Check again, cause how the hell did those guys get us in here?” Kevin shouts, pounding on the wall loudly with his fist.

“Check the floor.” Nick states, narrowing his eyes as he sees a small latch between the blood covered cracks on the ground.

All four of the men race to the latch in the center of the room, the blood slowly rising to knee level now. In disgust, they dug their hands through the soggy liquid and grab the silver lever sticking out of the ground. “At three we pull! Ready, three!” Kevin shouts as they pull, groaning.

“Damn, stupid junk!” A.J shouts as they continue pulling.

“It’s not opening!” Nick shouts.

“Keep pulling!” Kevin shouts. And with one last tired pull, they all tug on the metal lever on the ground. The lever groans and whines, opening a hidden staircase leading downward. The bloody ocean seeps into the stairwell as the men, one by one, descend down the stair well.

The blood trail seeps down the stairs, hitting the bottom before they reached it. Brian takes the last step and stands looking blindly at his friends. “Well that was interesting.”

He could hear Kevin curse under his breath as he leads the group down the dark pathway.

“I’m starting to agree with Nick, I think we had a load of liquor and we’re so out of it.” A.J. whispers as he feels Kevin slap him behind his head.

“Be quiet.” Kevin murmurs as they reached the end of the dark hallway. He feels with his palms to find a doorknob. “Guys, I feel a doorknob, this should be the exit.” He states, staring blindly at his three friends in the sudden darkness they’re in. Kevin pulls the door and it slowly creaks open, the guys smile as they step into the lit up room.

Suddenly the smiles on each of their faces faded as immediately as it came. In front of them stood over twenty four gang of vampires each holding a form of artillery aimed at the four guys.

Nick gulps, “I guess now would be a bad time to say I have to go to the bathroom?” He whispers over to the others.

A.J. smiles sarcastically, “Huh, yeah you think?!”

Brian gulps as Damien holds a magnum towards his direction. “Looks like you guys are more important that we thought.” Damien harshly states, his eyes never leaving the four men. “You weren’t thinking of escaping were you? Cause the party just started and you wouldn’t want to be the party poopies now would ya?”

A.J. shakes his head and sarcastically responds, “Na, wouldn’t have thought of it man.”

“Good. Well now what are we waiting for? Let’s get you guys acquainted with the festival. It’s too early to bail out. The fun just started.” Damien states, a smile spreading on his pale face.

“Man this is gonna suck.” Nick whispers.

“You have no idea.” Damien states with a plastered smile on his face and he leads the large group out of the metal room.
~**~

**~To Be Continued…~**