- Text Size +
A/N: Whoa, I’m back, that’s right. Well since its getting hot over here in NY cause the wonderful weather of a heat wave that we’re experiencing, I can promise you guys this chapter will be hott as well! Hehe. Enjoy and try to review or email me ok? Thanks and take care. **Note** Please check out a story “The Backstreet Tails” where our Boys are changed into animals! Lol, its cute and its co-written by Natalie and I in the sci-fi section! Thanks.

“The Blood Pact”

**~Reality Check~**

Kevin grumbles and slumps into a vacant seat as Nick walks around the interior of Liam’s office aimlessly bored out of his mind. After forty-five minutes, they were still in the office unable to exit the room due to armed guards at present.

“Don’t you have to go eat or something? How about the bathroom? Look, I gotta go.” Nick pleads with a young guard who simply snorts and rotates the caliber in his hands, locking the bullets in place. Nick gulps and back away from the man, hitting the arm of Kevin’s chair along the way.

“Nick, just forget, we can’t get out of here.” Kevin whispers, eyeing the younger man besides him.

“Who says? There’s a window, we can crash out of there and get the hell out of here.” Nick quietly whispers to his friend, gazing at the window that allowed the dark night to seep through.

Kevin sighs and shakes his head, “Forget it Nick, that’s stupid, we’re more than ten feet up from the ground. Even if we went for it, we’d be dead anyway.”

Nick grumbles and yanks on a seat across from Kevin, collapsing into it. Frustrated, the only thoughts that sprang to mind were what was happening with A.J. and Brian.

“They can’t hurt them.” Kevin whispers to his friend, breaking Nick out of his own thoughts. Nick raises an eyebrow and notices the guards talking among themselves not paying any attention to him nor Kevin. Smiling, Nick knew this was the chance he needed to talk to Kevin about what is going on.

“Why? Why wouldn’t they? This Liam guy is pissed with Demetrius so why wouldn’t he hurt his descendants?” Nick mutters, grabbing an old magazine and flipping through it.

“Cause we’re all the chosen ones. Bro, I heard the reason they all took us here was for that relic thing that Liam stated.” Kevin quickly elaborates Nick on.

“What about the relic?” Nick whispers.

“I don’t know, but it seems they all want us to get it for them. Seems we’re able to get a hold of it for some reason.” Kevin states, his emerald eyes twinkling at the facts he managed to collect upon hearing the guards past conversations in the room.

“Wonder what the relic looks like?” Nick questions, throwing the torn magazine down on the coffee table before him.

“It a ruby circular gem with blood inside. I think it does some freaky stuff. But I don’t know anything else about it.” Kevin whispers over the armed guards loud conversation.

“Man why couldn’t I just go home and wake up from this stupid nightmare. Yes, Nick, wakey, wakey, stand up and open the eyes.” Nick chants, hoping it was really just a bad dream that his mind managed to conjure up.

“Oh no, its real alright.” A deep voice pierces through the room as a tall muscular man walks into the room. In his chocolate hands, he held a sheet of paper and a black 9mm pistol in the other. The man passes his thick dark hands over his neatly shaven head and smiles, “I’m Orion. You must be Nick and Kevin.”

Kevin nods, “Yeah.”

“Good, I got orders to give you directly from Liam. I work with Liam and I remember you Nick. I’m surprised that you haven’t figured out what’s going on with you guys. Let me put it this way.” Orion stops to see he has the two men direct attention, “You’ve both been chosen among the mass not only due to your linkage with our boss Liam but because of who you will become.”

Both Kevin and Nick in complete confusion shout out what did Orion mean by that. “Give us the whole story!” Kevin growls.

Orion smiles and continues “ You guys gotta do us a favor and go to a specific blood bank where the people are.” Orion states, his fangs emerging from his mouth. “You are to collect B positive and O negative tubes of blood. Make sure you collect a total of two dozens of the blood filled glass vials. We’re supplying you with two crates that will be filled with the vials. Among your collection, there must be one and I mean only ONE tube of AB positive blood filled vial.”

Nick snorts and was about to explode but Kevin’s quick timing managed to place his hands over a fuming Nick. “Ahhh, I don’t think so.” He states quietly watching the amused look on Orion’s face.

“Right, see I knew you would say that. Do me a favor and look at the screen on your left.” Orion states, pushing a small red button beneath the large office desk he’s standing behind. A wide black screen from the walls arises from the carpet and shows a fuzzy distorted black and white scenery of what seemed like two men across from each other, trapped each in a room. Nick squints his eyes and mutters slowly to Kevin standing besides him.

“That kinda looks like Brian and A.J.”

Kevin nears the screen and nods his head, “That is them. What are you doing to them?!” He seethes out at Orion who had a smudge look on his face.

“Nothing yet, that is. Let’s say this whole blood collection is sort of an initiation for the both of you. If you do what is followed then you’re friends will remain intact and unharmed.” Orion smiles as Nick wavers unsteadily.

“And what if we don’t do this?” Kevin challenges him, standing firm on his convictions.

“Well then, it was nice knowing your friends.” Orion states, pulling on a yellow lever that hung next to the screen a few inches down. Kevin gulps as he sees the camera zoom in closer to A.J. who was screaming out in horror as a herd of whips emerge from his walls in the white room. The tight thick whips slash across his arms and legs, sending him reeling back in pain as streaks of pinkish and reddish bruises mark him up.

“Stop it! I said stop it!” Kevin shrieks out as he releases Nick and runs over to Orion.

“Ok, I was just showing you. I mean it only gets better, really it does. Liam is a genius to have created the white room for the torture of those. So you have an option. Do what is commanded and if all works out then your friends will live to tell you the horrors they experienced or walk out of here and fail to meet our demands with your friends blood on your hands. Now I suggest if you do go through with this whole blood collection, you will be timed. If by the end of the given time you don’t supply the goods, then you’re friends will be seeing a lot more of what’s hidden behind the walls in their room.”

Kevin slumps his shoulders and Nick yells out profanities and pushes Orion.

“Watch it boy. I can kill with one move, don’t be the few to witness that.” Orion growls: grabbing Nick by his wrists and yanking him away from himself.

Kevin gulps and gently pulls Nick away from Orion’s grasp. “Ok, damn. We’ll do it.”

Orion smiles and chuckles: releasing his grip on Nick’s wrists, “Oh good. Wow, wonder what could have happened that changed your mind?”

Nick growls and flips his middle finger at him before backing away.

Orion smiles and raises his pistol, “Nick, do you know what will happen to you later on?”

Nick smirks and shakes his head, “Aww, gee. I’m sure you’re gonna tell me.” He states sarcastically as Kevin watches on.

Orion smirks, “Actually, you’ll find out shortly. While, I’ll go get everything ready for you guys and just remember you have forty five minutes to complete the task. I’ll go get the supplies, these kind soldiers here will take you down to the parking lot where we can begin. So now shall we?” Orion whispers, a twinkle in his eyes.

Kevin shakes his head and taps Nick on shoulder as both men follow Orion out the room and await for the ten armed guards to lead them down the opposite hallway away from where Orion was heading.

While walking down the hallway, Nick grumbles and angrily pokes Kevin on the side, “Dude, what the hell are we gonna do? Why did you yes so fast? I’m not collecting blood! That’s too freaky even for me.”

Kevin rubs his temples, “While damn Nick what do you want me to do? Brian and A.J. are in danger and we really don’t have much of choose on this. Either way we would have fail, with the us doing what they want, or the guys suffering for no reason.” They reach the metal elevator doors inviting them in and they all board in, the guards keeping a sharp eye on both of them. The doors close quietly as it jolts to descend the group on board.

“Dude, what is it? I have a booger in my nose or what?” Nick smirks annoyed at one of the guards memorized with Nick.

“No. Just I can’t believe I’m meeting the both of you. I heard stories about you too. In fact, about your other two friends as well. You’re all remarkable.” One of the guards say, a rather look of awe crosses his tan face.

“Right.” Kevin murmurs, “Can you tell us what is so remarkable? Orion said something to Nick about finding out something. What did he mean?” His emerald eyes piercing the guards in the elevator.

Another guard shakes his head and points to Kevin, “Whoa, you don’t know?”

“That’s the reason he’s asking Jacka…” Nick begins to say until Kevin nudges him to stay quiet. And so Nick stops talking and leans against the dirty iron walls of the elevator, listening to the metal box their in creak its way down to the parking lot.

“Well maybe I shouldn’t say, you’ll find out soon anyway.” Other guard states, wiping his rifle with a napkin.

Finally the suspense was too much for Kevin and he grabs one of the guards, slamming him onto the walls, “I’m tired of waiting, what is gonna happen to me?” He growls loudly as Nick chuckles quietly, enjoying his friend’s temper for once upset at someone else rather than him.

The guard shivers and raises his hands staring at Kevin, “Ok, k. Just let go of my throat please.”

Kevin stares deeply at the guard and pushes the guard one last time onto the wall before backing away, “Alright, now tell us.”

The guard shaking badly, runs his fingers over his throat and inhales a deep breath, “Ok, will in a few you guys will start changing, transforming.”

“Into what?” Nick interrupts.

“Why, into something wonderful.” The guard states.

Frustrated, Kevin reaches over to try to grab the guards neck again but stops midway as he hears the clicking of the rifles in the elevator. He scans his eyes around and sees the guards all aiming their loading weapons at Kevin.

“Back away Kevin and no one gets hurt.” One of the guards demands.

Kevin narrows his eyes and does as orders. Nick gazes at him in fright as Kevin gives Nick a small squeeze on his shoulder. “Sorry you had to see that buddy.”

“Ah, its alright. You had to handle business. I understand.” Nick responds with a smirk on his face.

“Surprised?” Kevin asks curiously, leaning over to his friend.

“Na. Just glad it wasn’t me that you were mad at this time.” Nick whispers, facing the elevators doors, keeping his eyes on the doors.

“Oh ok.” Kevin whispers as they quietly descend down to the parking lot.
~*~

Howie stops midway in his pacing and perks his ears at a strange strangling sound. “What’s that noise?” he asks to Nemesis who was still tapping away on the internet on the mobile phone.

“Don’t know, why don’t you go check?” Nemesis whispers playfully as Howie glares at her. Nemesis tucks the phone away in her back pack and watches Damaris searching the small forest a few feet away from the bench.

Damaris places her fingers over her lips as she strains her ears to find the source of the sound. “You guys, I think its coming from the bushes somewhere.” She curiously creeps over to the first few trees that opened up the small forest. The sound was getting louder and finally the moaning was close by as Nemesis stands up abruptly, aiming her pistol at the opening end of the forest.

“Damaris come over here, the sound is coming from someone changing from the results of the infested water. Get out of there!” Nemesis whispers loudly, keeping her trained eyes on the bushy trees, her pistol aimed at whatever it was that will emerge from behind those trees. Suddenly a figure leaps out from behind a bush nearby Damaris, grabbing her by the neck and pulling her close to its now decaying form. The creature was once human, the few stray black hair toppling over its peeling green flesh, the odor of the beast was disturbing, it smelled of death was unbelievable as the rest of the limbs on the body begin to crack and peel. The only thing that truly remained human was its beautiful green eyes.

“Oh God what is that?!” Howie screams out as the zombie like creature holds onto a crying Damaris.

Nemesis shakes her head and narrows her eyes, “Alright ‘Maris, I got you covered on this.” And she releases the pull on the trigger, sending a bullet to pierce the creature into its chest. The creature screams out, eerily sounding like a woman, before collapsing on the floor dead. “Bulls eye. Straight in the heart baby.” Nemesis whispers, her golden tresses glimmering gently under the silver moonlight. She smiles and twirls the pistol on her finger before tucking it away beneath her shirt.

Howie watches surprised and whispers out, “Wow, you killed it with one shot. So its already happening, the people changing and stuff right?”

Nemesis nods her head as she watches a shaking Damaris fall into her embrace.

“Thanks.” Damaris whispers shakily as she attempts a smile.

“No problem short stuff. You’d do the same for me.” Nemesis whispers.

Damaris snorts and rolls her light brown eyes, “I would, wouldn’t I?” She teases as she grabs her backpack filled with arsenal. “I’m just glad we managed to stop by the weapon shop and pick up the weapons that we had dropped off a while back.”

“Yeah and you’re lucky the pistol was loaded. I thought I forgot to load it and didn’t know if the gun had any bullets.” Nemesis whispers.

Howie exhales a deep breath and smiles, “Yeah well you’re lucky you remembered to load it, otherwise, we’d be mince meat now with that thing chomping at us.”

“Please no more. Those things are freaky.” Damaris whispers softly, shuddering at the thought and they walked down the road.

“So what about it? Where we heading?” Howie asks, nervously running his tan hands through his short dark brown hair.

“Well, I found out that Damien is Demetrius kid. Meaning that there is some family problems going on. Why would the son be against his dad unless something wasn’t right with things?” Nemesis asks the others curiously.

Damaris shakes her head, “Oh man, if Damien is working Liam and yet Demetrius is fighting with Liam, you don’t think that Demetrius is out against us as well?”

“What, who cares?! These things aren’t even human, they have fangs and want blood, what the hell is wrong with that? They should die if anything!” Howie speaks out, his hands shaking with rage.

“Easy there boy, don’t wanna cause a heart attack.” Nemesis whispers, rubbing Howie’s shoulder gently. Howie looks up at blonde hair woman and smiles.

“I, I’ll try not to but all this is just so frustrating and confusing for me. And the fact the guys are caught by the things just has me worried.” Howie whispers as they continue on their way down the deserted road. Trees on either side align them as they continue down the road. Then the silent peace was interrupted by a shrill screaming coming from behind a tree. Another human was transforming from the effects of the poison in the water as a poor young man stumbles blindly out on the road in front of them.

“Please help me! I can’t breath! It’s hurting! AHHHHH!” The young man screams, his dark eyes roll back into his head as his body slumps to the ground.

Howie watches and screams out, “Do something! He’s dying.”

“Its too late for him. He drank from the water and he’ll become what Nemesis just killed.” Damaris watchrd in horror as the young man lies face down and his body begins quivering as his transformation begins.
~*~

Brian screams out as A.J. curls in the corner of his room. “Oh A.J. man. I’m so sorry. How are you?” He whispers out worried, watching A.J. across from him through the glass window.

“I, I’m ok I guess. Did you see that?! There were whips behind the walls and it was striking me!” A.J. whispers out.

“I saw. Man I don’t think we’re here for anything good. Liam placed us separate from Nick and Kevin.” Brian whispers loudly as he tries to keep his eyes on A.J. in the other room. But at times his eyes would advert to the dead corpse that was lying dead in the dark hallway.

“I know. It’s cause of who we’re related to. We’re supposedly part of Demetrius family linage and Liam doesn’t want anything to do with us cause of that.” A.J. whispers, wincing as he touches a soft bruise that is forming on his triceps.

“Oh man, J, I want to get out of here, but these windows seem shatter proof.” Brian whispers.

“I know, I tried to get out of here and as you can see nothing happened.” A.J. grumbles leaning on the wall, his eyes on Brian across from him in the other room.

Suddenly the corpse that was lying in the hallway shuffles and struggles to stand up, the soft dark brown flesh now cracking and oozing blood. The dead eyes on the man glimmer and seem to be the only thing that remained alive as the body creates a faintish green coloring on the flesh. Brian’s mouth drops open as he gasp silently walking to the glass pane window in his room. Horizontally, across in A.J.’s room, A.J. was watching in awe as they both tried to make sense at what their seeing.

“No way man! He died! You saw it! He can’t be alive!” Brian croaks out as A.J. nods his head.

“Dude he is dead, but not the way we think it.” A.J. whispers as the walking corpse moans and groans, banging on Brian’s window pane.

“This isn’t good.” Brian chokes out as A.J. screams out to divert the creature’s attention towards his direction.
~**~

**~To Be Continued…~**