- Text Size +
“The Blood Pact”

**~Bloody Deception~**

Cabal zips up his green gym bag and flings it over his shoulder. Steeping out the Crimson hotel, he takes a deep breath as a gentle cool wind hits his face.

“Cabal, make sure you have the keys so you can lock up later.” Demetrius states, stepping out the door, locking it behind him. “Mmmm, so close. I can feel it. You know Liam lied about the water, there are no drugs in it. Just a deadly chemical. The files were distorted for their advance. Their deceitful you know? I’m sure right now, they’re probably sending out the chosen ones to possess the relic.” Demetrius smiles, walking quietly down the deserted street.

Cabal walking besides his boss sighs and digs into his pockets, “Demetrius, I’ve been thinking that maybe you should just join up with Liam. Work together since you’re both after the same blood relic.”

Demetrius growls and narrows his eyes angrily at his partner, “How dare you! Liam and I have different agendas for the relic, his is for pure control of the innocent souls in this pathetic world, mine is for having endless blood to satisfy my never ending thirst.”

Cabal snorts and stares at his partner in disgust, “You’re unbelievable. So where we headed?”

Demetrius smiles, “Why, where else do you think we’re going? We’ll be meeting our Boys at the South Side Blood bank.”

Cabal sneered, “Whoa, how do you know where they will be?”

“Cabal my child. Liam is my brother, I know what his plans are. We do after all share the same blood now don’t we?” He whispers happily, his dark eyes gleaming with pride.

“Well now aren’t we just the happy ones now?” Cabal sneers, pulling on his belt where a loaded pistol lay hidden.

“Oh Cabal. I thought you would be happy, we’re all for the same thing now aren’t we?” Demetrius dark eyebrows rise curiously.

Cabal snorts, “That’s what you think. Here I was honestly thinking I can change my life and get away from the demon that lives inside me. That instead of taking lives, I’ll be helping them…”

Demetrius interrupts and laughs, “Oh but you are helping lives, our lives! We will live, not those pesky humans.”

“What about the girls, the torture you pulled them in and me!” Cabal growls, his butter pecan hands clasp around the small silver 9mm pistol hidden in his belt clip.

“I already told you. What about them? They had a job and they succeeded. They seen the men and trained them.” Demetrius says haughtily.

“And me, I had the job to bring them to you! Is that all I was too you?! A mere slave sent to do his job!!” Shrieks Cabal, standing in the middle of the cement sidewalk, his eyes glaring at his partner.

“Right. You’re smarter than you appeared.” Demetrius whispers into Cabal’s left ear, patting him on the shoulder. Demetrius continues his walk down the sidewalk as Cabal stands there, the rage burning inside his tortured soul.

“Damn you Demetrius! All this crap and this is what I get! Well screw you!” Cabal yells, his voice breaking the peaceful secluded night around him.

Demetrius simply walks away and disappears, turning a corner.

Cabal swallows hard and grips the pistol in his right hand, “If he thinks he can get away with this, he’s seriously wrong. I’ll find the chosen ones and get them out of here. Without them, Demetrius and Liam can’t do anything.” And he smirks, walking down the block, the opposite way with a smirk on his face.
~*~

Brian screams out in pure terror as the zombie like creature banged his glass window. Feeling helpless, he backs away into the corner of the nearly empty room besides a cot and slides down the wall, pulling his legs close to his chest and wrapping his arms around it. He could hear A.J.’s cries as the zombie pounds and breaks through Brian’s window. The window shatters and breaks inward as the moaning of the zombie grows. Its hunger was on high alert and would take anything it can to sustain itself at the moment. The cracking of the flesh on the zombie drips out a mixture of a foul smelling yellow odor.

The zombie steps in, its decaying flesh oozing a trial of blood and what seemed like saliva, dripping onto the tiles.

“Brian, Dear God, Help him somebody!” Brian hears A.J.’s cries as the zombie struggling to walk properly, enters through the room searching for anything alive.

Brian sighs and crawls in the corner hidden away besides the cot. He hoped the zombie was stupid enough to leave but again proved wrong when the zombie stopped directly in front of him. Brian cries out as the chills zoomed through his shaking body. The zombie reaches out its decaying hand and was about to grab Brian when Brian in his utter horror faints and collapses on the floor.

A.J. screams as the zombie moans and touches Brian’s slump body. The zombie turns to A.J.’s direction and moans it way out of Brian’s white room. A.J. gulps hard: his throat gone dry from the yelling. He leans against the wall as the zombie moans and steps out of Brian’s room and walks down the hallway, disappearing from his view. Sighing, A.J. closes his eyes and remained leaning on the wall as he tries to calm down his rapid heart rate. The peaceful quiet secluded him for only mere minutes when suddenly the zombie, surprising A.J., slams its decaying arms on the glass window in his room. A.J. cries out and sees the zombie break through the glass, stepping into the shards and the room. Its rotting flesh fogging up A.J’s vision as he keels over and gags. The zombie was about to reach him when it was shot by an unknown source. A.J. covers his ears as the sound of the bullets crash into the beast body. The zombie screams out and falls onto the white tiles, staining the once clean tiles with its liquids. A.J. shudders and sees a beautiful average height woman, her black long curls lie on her soft caramel shoulders as she steps into the lit hallway for A.J. to see. She smiles and licks her red painted full lips at him. She twirls the silver red stained pistol on her pointer finger, approaching him with a smile scrolled on her face. “You’re quite the lucky one. I saw you and wanted to talk with you but it seems Liam dislikes you and your friend. If I didn’t come down here on time, you could have died in the creatures hands.”

A.J. takes short gasps and he nervously stands up straight and faces the woman, “Who are you? Why help me? Liam wants to get rid of us. He obviously prefers our other two friends rather than us. Cause of their linage.” He whispers, wiping away a trail of sweat that rolled down his cheek.

“ Maybe so, but Liam has plans for all of you. You’re here like your other friends as well for a specific purpose. I’m Nairobi by the way” Nairobi states softly.

A.J. takes a deep breath and runs his fingers through his disheveled hair, “You’re one too?” He croaks out as Nairobi smiles.

“One of what A.J.?” Nairobi whispers seductively as she walks to him quietly.

“One of the vampires, part of the whole Dark fall thing.” A.J. mumbles, feeling extremely agitated and nervous around his suppose hero.

Nairobi nods her head and turns around, pulling down her blouse collar to show A.J. the Dark Fall tattoo, a crescent shape moon imprinted on the base of the back of her neck.

A.J. gasps and begins backing away as Nairobi giggles, “A.J. I’m not here to hurt you but to help you. Do you know what you are becoming?”

A.J. shakes his head and personally he couldn’t care, all he wanted was to get out of this place and away from the psychos that pulled this joke off for far too long.

Nairobi smiles and reveals two sharp fangs emerging from her soft lips, her eyes glows a bright red as her pupils dilated, “This, my child is what is awaiting for you. For all four of you.”

“No! Hell No! You sick bit…” A.J. screams out but was cut off by her voice.

“Yes. And watch want you say. If I was what you called me, I would have stood by and watch that zombie kill you, devour your limbs and rip them from your weak body, one by one.” Nairobi whispers angrily, her dark eyes narrowing at him.

A.J. remains quiet and stares at the white tiles below him.

“I’m here to talk with you, now are you willing to speak or do I just talk to myself/” Nairobi whispers.

A.J. mutters a pulsating profanity from his lips as the woman reels back alarmed, “My. What did they teach you out there in the world?”

A.J. smiles and flips his middle finger at her as she grabs his finger and places a gentle kiss on it. A.J. watches confused as she inserts his finger into her mouth and gently sucks on it, nibbling on it every once in while. A.J. gasps in disgust and in passion as he yanks his wet finger away from the vampire’s mouth. “What the hell is wrong you?”

Laughing, Nairobi smiles and wipes away a drop of blood that came from A.J.’s finger off her lips. A.J. looks at his wounded finger, blood seeping from his open pores from where she bit him.

Nairobi takes a deep breath and whispers, “Liam has a job for the both of you. You’re other two friends have been sent already to do a job. I came down here to get the both of you. I might as well let you leave here, these rooms are of no use now that the windows are broken.”

“Why should listen to you?!” A.J. chokes out, his arms trembling in fear.

“Because I have the answers to all your problems. I can tell you why you’re here and for what purpose.” Nairobi whispers seductively, alluring him to her. A.J. smiles and steps close to her as she embraces him, “Come fulfill your destiny A.J. Let me tell you what you need to do.”

A.J. smiles and nods his head, he had no idea what was going with him, but he wanted to stay with her, he felt so connected to her in so many ways, the way one would feel for their lover. He couldn’t understand it but he didn’t care anymore. “Why, what’s, wrong with me? I feel so drawn to you. Like I meet you before, but I can’t remember you from anywhere. Why is that?”

Nairobi smiles and strokes her fingers through his hair, “Dear Alexander, there’s so much for you to know at such a small amount of time but all will become clear in just a few hours. I can promise you that.”

A.J. nods his head and brushes a strand of Nairobi dark locks from her cheeks, “Alright. What do I have to do?”

Nairobi giggles and purses her lips at him, “You’re sent on a mission along with Brian. I’ll tell you all about it once Brian awakens from his nap.”

“He fainted.” A.J. whispers feeling a sense of guilt consume his heart as he had watched his poor friend helpless at the zombie. But he was safe and that’s all that mattered. Brian was left unharmed and at least now, A.J. believes that Nairobi will answer any of the remaining questions that tortured his mind.
~*~

Howie watches Nemesis blast another shot into the young man that was changing as she places her pistol back into her clip. “There, so he won’t stand a chance.”

Howie cries out, “Oh God, what if my family drank from that water.”

“Howie its ok, the water is being quarantine, it should be safe for the community by now. The few that did manage to drink it are zombies by now.” Damaris mutters, scratching her arm nervously.

Howie sighs and shakes his head, “Oh God this is too much.” Suddenly a loud moaning erupted from behind the trees as a zombie of what once was human with golden blonde locks falling off its green murky decaying flesh stumbles over to them. Its bright blue eyes focused on Howie as it makes it way towards him. Howie gulps and inches back a few as Nemesis smirks and pulls out her pistol.

She pulls the pistol and nothing comes out, “Oh no, this don’t look good.” She mumbles as she tries to reload her pistol quickly.

Damaris’s eyes grew big as she backs away and crashes into Howie, “Neme, what’s up? I don’t have bullets in my gun either.”

Nemesis’s greenish blue orbs grew wide open as she searches in her backpack, “Holy… there’s no more bullets. We’re all out.”

“What, NO! Oh No!” Howie yells out as he shakes Nemesis’s shoulders, “You better find something, that thing is coming straight for us!”

“No, on the contrary, its coming for you. Not me nor Damaris.” Nemesis states quietly as Domaris gives her a glare.

Howie cries out and backs away as the zombie was mere inches from touching them. Both women back away, fearing that the zombie will do something. The zombie stops and groans loudly somehow attracting others to its sound. Unexpectedly, a mass of groans abrupt from all around the group. Howie in the middle of the two women gasps and watches the number of zombies increase as those creatures step out of the forest and down the road they had walked on before.

“Easy guys, I’m sure you just ate. We’re not tasty, we haven’t been eating properly and would only cause your stomach to feel terrible.” Nemesis whispers nervously as Damaris smiles faintly, clasping her friend’s hand tightly.

“Yeah, what she said.” Howie croaks out nervously as the zombies of about a number of twenty two encircle them.

The groans grow louder as the foul retched smell of decaying, rotting flesh consumes the night air.

Howie gags as the smell as did both women and all their backs pressed against each other, staring at the bony, bleeding cracked fleshes of the zombies. The zombies only two feet away, close in on them as Howie yells out. The women felt helpless for the first time. They carried nothing else but guns that weren’t yet loaded.

“I’m sorry Howie to let you down.” Nemesis whispers guilty, her light eyes stare at the ground.

Howie sniffs and nods his head, “It’s ok.” He whispers, as a zombie reaches out to try to get a hold on him. Suddenly the air is filled with gunshots and a sword crashes down on three of the zombies grabbing for Nemesis. The metal sword, cuts into the creature’s heads as the sword finishes killing the group of the living dead. After the last zombie’s head cut in half and splits open, the three in the group noted who saved them.

“Cabal!?” Howie utters in surprise as the two women stare suspiciously at the man standing before them, his sharp sword drips the red liquid as it oozes onto the bloody littered ground before them.

Cabal smiles and nods his head, “Thought you guys needed the help.” He smiles stepping over a broken bloody limb on the grass.

“Ah gee what could have given that away?” Nemesis mutters as she crosses her arms on her chest.

Cabal chuckles and swipes his finger down the metal blade of the sword, placing his finger on his lips and licks it. “Taste just like the way grandma used to make it.”

Howie gags and finally regurgitates what he was trying to hold on to since the first zombie made its appearance.

Cabal smiles, his fangs gleaming in the silver moonlight as Howie shakes his head, “I’m not going back!”

“You don’t have to. I’m here to help. It seems Demetrius had a different plan from I and we parted ways. So I guess you guys got another person to help you out. Oh and by the way, if you’re heading towards where the guys are being held in, you’re walking the wrong way. This end leads you no where. Guess you gotta walk back.” Cabal offers a smirk.

Nemesis rolls her eyes and the group turns around and nervously walks back down the road. Howie glances back at Cabal as Cabal with a beam on his face, whispers a “Hi.” Shuddering, Howie faces forward and follows the girls back down the road from hence they came from.
~*~

Brian’s groggily opens his eyes and sees a man peering at him cautiously. “Good, you’re up.” Liam states, standing up from the cot he placed Brian on. Brian gazes dizzily around the white room and places his hands over his squinting eyes.

“I thought you hate me.” Brian groggily asks, rubbing his raw throat.

Liam smiles and faces him, “I do. But I don’t want you dead. At least not yet. It seems you and your friend over there,” Liam states, pointing over to A.J. who seems allured by Nairobi’s presence in the room across from him, “Are needed after all.” Liam continues.

Brian snorts and rubs his head tiredly, “Well what a surprise.”

“Brian, you know don’t you, what you really are don’t you?” Liam asks unconcerned.

“Yeah.” Brian croaks out as he places his elbows to his side, raising his head a bit.

“Good, then I’m sure you have no idea how to awaken it then right?” Liam asks, walking around the small gleaming room, his black outfit contrasting the harsh light color of the room.

Brian sighs and drops his head onto a pillow, “What happened to me?”

“You,” Liam chuckles, “Were so scared that you fainted.”

Brian shakes his head and closes his eyes, the last thing he needed was to be laughed at by a sick vampire. “So what are you doing here?”

“To get you. Nairobi-” Liam points to the black haired beauty standing besides A.J. “Has already told your friend what the plan is, you along with Kevin and Nick need to do us a big favor. But before you can do that, you’ll need to be initiated so that we’ll know that we can rely on you.”

Brian smiles gently and laughs, “And I’m supposed to trust you on what basis?”

Liam chuckles, “Ah, my boy on your life.” He seethes suddenly, his fangs inches away from Brian’s tender throat.

Brian sighs and nods his head, “Fine. What do I have to do?”

Liam grins and yanks Brian up by the hand, “Ahhh, let me show you, I’ll explain on the way. Nairobi honey, bring that man with you. We’re heading to the parking lot now.”

Nairobi giggles and grabs A.J.’s hand, pulling him out the room through the open doorway to meet up with Liam.
~*~

Nick and Kevin stare at the deserted parking lot and sigh. They have been waiting for over twenty minutes on what to do, but Orion didn’t show as of yet. Suddenly heavy footsteps pound heavily on the cement ground of the parking lot. Orion steps up to them with a bag of arsenal.

“Sorry for the delay Boys. I needed to bring extra equipments, seems your buddies are joining you on the hunt as well. Liam found them as important as you two, so that should make you happy. Liam will explain where you have to go when he arrives here with your friends shortly. So as for you, maybe you can tell me what do you know about yourselves?” Orion smiles, folding his hands on his black cargo pants.

Kevin sighs and shakes his head, “Nick it’s gonna be a long night buddy.” He whispers over to his younger friend.

Nick nods his head and whispers back, “Tell me about it.”
~**~

**~To Be Continued…~**