- Text Size +
A/N: Drum roll please…. Tada! A new chapter for you guys! Enjoy and review! Thanks!

“The Blood Pact”

**~Alterations in the Heart~**

“Leave me alone! I said no already!” Brian shouted as Liam pushed the smaller man into the elevator.

“I don’t care what you say. I could kill you right now just for the hell of it and trust me you’re already getting on my nerves. If it wasn’t for what you are becoming, I would have torn your limbs by now and be sipping away at your blood.” Liam mutters angrily as he watches Nairobi giggle and pat him on the shoulder.

“There, there honey. They don’t know yet but tonight will be a discovery for them all.” Nairobi whispers into Liam’s ear as A.J. standing beside Brian chewed on his bottom lip in anger. “Alex. Is everything ok? You seem angry about something. Would you like to talk about it?” She whispers softly, a grin appearing on her cinnamon complexion.

A.J. rolls his eyes and shakes his head at Brian. Brian in turn offers a meek smile before returning to look at the metal dirty tiles that plastered the elevator floor.

“Well nothing to say. How surprising?” She mutters sarcastically as A.J. seethes out a profanity that had long been withheld in his mouth.

Liam chuckles as he grabs Nairobi’s waist and locks lips with her in front of A.J. as A.J. grumbles and pulls on the black cargo pants that was given to him to wear by the vampire unit. Both Brian and A.J. were given dark attire to wear for what they had to do. It seemed that they along with Nick and Kevin will be going to South Side blood bank to steal exactly two dozen crates full of blood type fill vials. It was an initiation to see if Dark Falls will trust them. Brian and A.J. had no time to discuss the situation for they were forced immediately to do the task with or without their approval.

“We’re here.” Liam happily states, smiling. For a moment, Liam’s profile reminded Brian of Nick. As scary as it seemed, that man seem to almost carry the same facial characteristics of Nick to an extent.

“Freaky huh?” A.J.’s voice invades Brian’s thoughts.

“About what?” Brian whispers, pulling gently on the black blazer he had on.

“That for a moment, that vampire reminded me of Nick somehow.” A.J. mumbles, rubbing his fingers together.

Brian snorts and nods his head, “Yeah, guess Nick is a true blonde then huh?”

Nairobi interrupts their conversation, pulling on A.J.’s arm as A.J. willingly followed her out the elevator doors that are opening. Brian gulps and follows Liam out the elevator as the four of them walk down an underground vacant parking lot. A few dim light bulbs illuminated the lot as the four arrived. Orion turns around with a smile as Liam makes his appearance.

“Hey boss. There you are. We were just talking about you.” Orion’s deep voice states, his smile beaming brightly across his chocolate face.

“I’m sure it was good.” Liam mutters, yanking on a sword that A.J.’s attire came with. Swinging the sword centimeters away from Nick’s face he smiles.

“My boy, do you know how important you are right now to me?” Liam hisses, his grey eyes hounding at Nick.

Nick gulps and reaches for Kevin who instantly stands in front of his younger band mate to protect him. Liam smiles and caresses Kevin’s cheek as Kevin in disgust jerks away from him. “And how important you are as well.” Liam continues gazing slowly at both men.

Brian and A.J. were relieved to see the other guys doing well and vice versa as they stood next to each other.

“Well now that we’re all here, Kindel will drive you to your destination. The moment you are pulled away from this driveway, the countdown will begin…” Liam was cut off by shouts of how unfair that is. “Shut up!” He growls at the four men: Brian, Kevin, Nick and A.J. “What I say goes. Life isn’t fair and this is one of them. Which means when you arrive at the bank you have about thirty minutes remaining. You’ll head to the roof of the building. Be careful the security has risen since the last attempt. I want you all to go through the roof, either by sending someone through the grates or cut a hole within the roof for someone to go through. One of you will be tied with a rope in which a small watch is connected to.” Liam stops to see that the four men are listening intensely to him. Smiling, he pulls out a map with the bank outline scrolled on it. Unfolding it, he places the map on the roof of a car as he calls the four men to gather around him. “I want you all to listen carefully. I’m telling you this only once, so pay attention.” Pointing his pale fingers on the x marked box on the paper, Liam’s eyes scrolls around the map and smiles. ‘This is where you will be at. The roof is right here. Orion will supply with weapons and Kindel will lead you to the roof. Once she does that, you’re on your own. Meaning you’ll have to decide what will be the best way to break into the building. Let me remind you, these spots here are where the alarms are activated.” Liam states, pointing to the small blue dots scattered around the large rectangular figure on the map. “You have the choice to shut off the lights to de-activate the alarms or run the risk of avoiding the red lasers that are in the hallways. Getting to the storage room is where the blood tubes will be, if you decide to go through the grates, know that you will have to run the risk the being caught by the alarms or shot down by security. If you decide cut a hold from the roof to instantly enter the storage room where the tubes of blood are located, it will cut off your time cause it will take at least fifteen minutes to cut through the solid metal and bricks the building’s ceiling is made of. Now then my boys, I suggest you use your time wisely. If by the end of the forty minutes you fail to complete the task, say goodbye to your pathetic lives. I’ll personally kill your relatives in front of you before I kill you. What do think of that?” Liam smiles softly as he hears the vulgarity that pulsated through Kevin’s, Nick’s and A.J.’s mouth.

Brian stands alarmed at what he had to do. None of it made sense to him. Why did they have to do this? All he heard mention was that he along with the others are chosen to collect a precious relic that contains unfathomable powers. But chosen in what sense? He heard that he along with the others will change, change into what? Into a hideous creature zombie or something worse he assumed. A.J. said that they would become vampires. How? He didn’t know, but he would fight to maintain staying alive. He couldn’t die, at least not yet. And no vampire would dare take that away from him.

A black SUV pulls up and a flame haired women peers out the driver side window with a grin on her unusually pale face. Her emerald eyes bore at the Boys as she honks the horn. “Time to load them up. Well, well aren’t we the cute ones today? Liam, you never told me the others were just as good looking. What about those two?” She points to A.J. and Brian. “They’re part of you too?”

Liam spats out, “No, Demetrius linage. But they’re chosen just as well. Which is why their still standing here alive before you.”

A.J. narrows his eyes, he was getting tired with all the hatred this man had towards them just cause of who they were supposedly related to. It was still hard for A.J. to admit that he had a connection with any of those fanged creeps but he went along with it for his life is on the line.

“Oh before you board.” Nairobi whispers gently, “If you complete the task, tonight, you’ll find out what we are all talking about. You will be your true selves. Good luck, it’s the only way to find the answers you need.”

“Oh yay! We get to find answers to tonight’s mystery.” Nick seethes as all four are pushed into the vehicle.

“Do us proud Boys.” Nairobi whispers.

A.J. smirks, “How ‘bout I just do you?”

Kevin painfully pokes A.J. in the ribs to let him know that its dangerous waters he’s treading on with that comment. To everyone’s surprise, Nairobi laughs and claps her hands. “Good one. I like that joke.”

Kevin raises his eyebrows and was the last to board to the van just as the door locks behind.

Nick sighs and peers his head out the window from the backseat of the SUV as Brian sits in the passenger’s seat besides Kindel. Kevin and A.J. talk quietly among themselves about how freaked out they are and what are the best options to pull through with the task at hand. Kindel smiles and pulls away from the parking lot, setting a small timer on the head board to go off. “Well Boys, time is ticking away. This’ll be fun. Hope you don’t get killed along the way. You’re all too fine to die.”

Brian growls and stares at the vampire who chuckles. “It would be so bad right? I mean either way you’ll die. If you make it, you’ll die to what you once were. If you don’t make it, you’ll die the physical way. Which I heard is pretty bad.” Kindel states, feeling the boring of all the men’s eyes on her. Steering the vehicle onto a highway, she drives in silence as the Boys whispers to each other in how to succeed through the task. Kindel smiles, she had a funny feeling that the guys will succeed and couldn’t wait to welcome them to the group.
~*~

A bloody clump of what once was an arm drops onto the ground with a soft thud as Cabal wipes a hand across his butter pecan face. He puts the leaking blood stain sword away on his belt and smiles as Howie’s mouth drops open in pure disgust and surprise.

“What’s wrong? You looked like you never seen a corpse before?” Cabal smiles as Howie stutters.

“I’m not much of a corpse loving type.” Howie mutters out as he holds his stomach, hoping the nausea will pass away.

“Ok, look Cabal. Thanks for the help. But what’s the deal with you suddenly joining our side? Don’t you want to see your little fangy friends win? Screw us. It’s too late for us to survive. But hey at least we’ll go down fighting.” Nemesis seethes, wiping the blood off her sword.

Damaris clears her throat and pokes Nemesis on the side, “Maybe you should reconsider what you just said. After all, an innocent life is with us.” She points to Howie who seems distraught at everything that is occurring and at Nemesis’s statement.

“Or hey, you know I heard living has its benefits.” Nemesis smiles softly at Howie as he blows out a puff of air. Nemesis looks back at her partner, giving her a thumbs up behind Howie’s back.

Cabal finally answers Nemesis questions after a few minutes of walking in silence, “I want to see Demetrius die. I figured you guys are down with that as well. That’s why I’m here.”

“Hmmm… whoa wait! You want to see Demetrius dead. What happened? I thought you guys were buddy- buddy.” Damaris states confused as the cold wind embraces them.

“I thought so too. But it looks like Demetrius has more in common with Liam that I thought.” Cabal states growling.

“So it seems that Liam and Demetrius are working together then right?” Damaris blurts out, hoping that Cabal will give them more insight on what’s going on.

“Yeah.” Cabal simply answers.

Howie gulps and stares at the pavement as they continue their tread. “We’ll have a fifteen minute rest over at the warehouse up ahead. We’ll load the weapons and then head out to Dark Falls. I’m thinking if we could hitch a ride or somehow get a car, we’ll be able to get to Demetrius and Howie’s friends.”

“Do, do you know where they are right now?” Howie whispers nervously, his dark eyes clouded with worry.

Cabal checks his watch and nods, “Yeah, if everything is working out with the time, then your Boys should be heading to the South Side Blood Bank.”

“How do you know this?” Nemesis asks curiously. She just couldn’t trust him, she along with Damaris walked away from the Crimson Society with him watching them and now suddenly their just suppose to trust this man after what he did to them. She wasn’t buying the whole good thing from Cabal, he would have to prove his trust to her and to her partner.

“I was informed by Demetrius while we walking here. Right before we headed our separate ways.” Cabal states, locking some bullets in place on his pistol.

“So what, we’re supposed to just trust you now, cause you have a thing for seeing Demetrius die?” Damaris asks vehemently.

“You’re all I have to trust.” Cabal whispers, leading them towards an open cemetery where a rusted wood sodden warehouse stood.
~*~

The SUV pulls up a block down from where the lighted up blood bank stood. Kindel smiles and giggles, “Well boys we’re here. I’m gonna lead ya to the roof of the building without being seen. Once you’re there, remember you’re on a time limit. You have the choice to head to the grates from the roof-If you decide to do that, one at time use the metal knife to open the grate. Each of you are to go through it and just keep crawling turning to the right at all times. At the end of the grate will be an opening to the storage room where you will need to collect exactly two dozens B positive tubes. Among them have one O negative blood vial and one AB positive blood vial. Carrying the vials on the small slots your pants have for it. Watch out for any security or alarms that you might set off. If that happens, you’ll be forced to head out faster than you thought ‘cause the guards will begin shooting at you. If you decide to just cut through the roof, you’ll be using a small machine.” She lifts up a thirteen inch metal cutter in her hands and hands it to Brian. “With this, it should you lead you directly beneath the storage room, if you decide this. Now remember you have about thirty minutes remaining. I want you all to look across the street. You might see some faces that might be familiar to you.” Kindel smiles and points her pale slim finger over to a shabby house where Kevin gasps as he sees his family tied up in the house. Brian’s mouth drops open as he sees his wife along with the rest of his family in the house as well. Nick and A.J. blurt out a profanity as they too see their families bound to chairs screaming to be let out.

“We know about your families. Don’t be surprised. If you really are the chosen ones, then this should be a cinch for you guys. Your guns are loaded, I hope you know how to use it and don’t bother using it on me. I’m immune to the metal in that pistol.” Smiling, she leaps off the vehicle as the four guys scrambles out of it. Walking quietly in the dark night, they reach the back of the blood bank.

A.J. grumbles and shakes his head, “Did you see that? My mom was was yelling for help! I can’t do this you guys!” He whispers almost in an panic.

Nick sighs nervously and nods his head, “I’m scared too A.J. It’ll be alright. If we do this, we’ll be clear and save our families.”

A.J. passes his hands through his disheveled hair as he sighs and does a quick glance over at the building where the shadows of the innocent lives are waiting to be saved. ‘It’ll be ok mom. I won’t let anything happen to you.’ He thinks to himself as he focuses on the what Kindel is doing.

Kindel leads the group behind a large bush and wait for silence. Once the group was settled and safely out of security’s view, she notices the guards surrounding the building and sees a metal ladder on the side of the brick building. “We gotta get up there but there’s too many guards.” Kindel whispers. Placing a finger over her mouth, she tells the guys to be quiet. Kindel grabs a silencer from Kevin’s gun belt and points it at the eight men that stood watching the back area of the bank. Shooting at their direction, two men gasps in silence and collapse on the floor dead, while the three of them are badly wounded. The other three run out in hysteria and start shooting all around them. A bullet gazes pass Kindel as she steps out the bush she was hiding in and shoots directly at the three men. The silent bullets slam on the three men as they reel over and die quietly. The three wounded ones were struggling to stand up and scream but stopped the moment Kindel steps into the hazy orange lights coming from the building and out the shadows. She smiles, her fangs gleaming brightly. “Shhhh, guys, you make too much noise.” She whispers softly aiming her pistol at them. “I have some friends and I need you to be quiet ok. No screaming.”

One of the guards open his mouth to yell out, he couldn’t believe he was standing before some fanged woman. He needed back up and now, just as he was about to yell out, he felt the slam of a copper bullet crash into his throat. He gags and shakes before slumping dead on the ground. The other two cry out and shake their heads, “Please don’t kill us. I don’t want to die.” One of the guards whispers.

Kindel smirks and shakes her head, “I can’t stand it when men beg. Makes you look weak.” She watches as both of the guards aim their pistols at her. “Go ahead. Shoot me. I dare ya.”

Both guards shot their guns as the bullets slam into Kindel’s body, not afflicting her in any way. Kindel smiles as the guards shake in fear, they couldn’t kill her. What was she that she could withstand bullets? Kindel walks over to them and lifts one of them by the neck. With her other free arm, she slams the other guard against the wall and rips into his neck, draining him of his blood.

Brian gasps as A.J. shakes his head, “Oh God! What the hell is going on?!” He whispers out.

Kevin and Nick peer at Kindel as she finishes off the man that she held in the air by breaking his neck. Once the body slumps quietly on the ground, she turns and calls the Boys over to her. Kevin shaking, looks at his three friends and leads them out over to her. Once they climb the ladder, they stand on the roof of the building. Kindel smiles and waves to the SUV below them. “I’ll be waiting. Sorry about what you had to see earlier on. You now have twenty-nine minutes left Boys. I’ll be waiting in the van. If you don’t make it out on time, I’ll give the cue to have your loved ones die before you. Let’s hope you can this. K?”

A.J. hisses out and was about to smack her but Kevin caught on and grabbed A.J.’s arm before any harm was done. Kindel giggles and waves, “See ya down there hopefully. Meet me in the SUV when you’re done. And Boys… good luck!” With that she fades into the darkness and disappears.

‘That little bi…” A.J. was about to say but Kevin cuts him off.

“Through the grate then right?” Kevin asks, as Brian pulls out a small knife and kneels over the grate.

“Whoa wait. Its easier to cut through the roof and head down.” Nick states, tugging on the metal machine cutter that Brian handed to him.

“Whatever, we gotta do this fast.” A.J. whispers as he holds the machine down while Kevin pushes the on bottom. The small rumble of the machine begins cutting through the roof as patience was wearing thin on all of them. Brian and Nick nervously gaze around the roof and smile when they saw a glitter of what seemed like a window inches below on the side of the building.

“Bingo.” Brian whispers as the metal cutter stops.

“What is it?” Kevin asks as he follows Brian’s view.

A.J. chuckles, “She never said we couldn’t go through the window now did she?”

“Nope, its an open invitation. I say let’s go.” Nick states smiling.

And the four of them head off the edge to climb down to the window ledge.
~*~

Baal hears the crackling of his walkie talkie go off as he hears Hades saying something about stealing blood and the new guys. Baal grips the walkie talkie in his large muscular cinnamon hands and lifts it up to his ear. “Hades, where are you?”

“He’s doing fine. I’m here.” Demetrius states, his tall figure towering over Baal. A cool breeze flutters through his dark black hair.

Baal smiles and salutes Demetrius, “Oh hey. I didn’t think you would make it here.”

“I did. Their here, I can smell them.” Demetrius states as he gazes up at the blood bank.

“Yeah, Kindel is waiting for them in the van. They were dropped off about five minutes ago. I think there was some problems, I saw Kindel killing off a few guards to get the guys up on the roof.” Baal whispers as he runs his fingers through his solider cut red and raven highlighted hair.

“They’ll make it. They’re the chosen ones.” Demetrius whispers a smile playing on his face.

“How do you know?” Baal asks, his dark eyes trained on the edge of the roof of the building.

“I just do. Call it a family thing. They’ll be just fine.” Demetrius whispers as he smiles watching Hades inside the building across the street where the chosen ones families were being held in. “Once they get the first taste of blood in their system, it’ll be over for them. You do still have the injections now don’t you?”

Baal nods his head and quickly pulls out of his pocket a metal box where five needles lied in the box.

“Why five?” Demetrius whispers.

“Told to bring an extra one, just in case I missed or something.” Baal states as he hands the metal box to Demetrius. Demetrius chuckles and holds the open metal box. “When they make it out of here, just shoot them with these needles. They’ll get their first taste and then they’ll be ready.”

Both men chuckle as they wait for the transformations to take place.
~*~

The window creaks open as Kevin shoves himself into the window and jumps down to the ground. It was a far way down and he was surprised his ankles didn’t break under the pressure.

He could see the red lasers scattered throughout the room as he gazes over to where the alarm system could be. He spots it and smiles, raising his small 9mm pistol towards the silver metal box besides a closed door. Nervously tugging on the trigger, he closes his eyes and shoots. The third shot, hits the alarm box and the red lasers blink rapidly before shutting off.

Kevin looks up to see the cheering of the other guys on the window sill.

“Alright Kevy! Since when you know how to use a gun man?!” A.J. teases as he climbs into the room and jumps down to stand next to Kevin.

“I guess all the training our guards showed us came in useful huh?” Kevin whispers, gulping softly. He couldn’t even believe he was here, stealing and breaking and entering a public institution. He hoped to God so much that he doesn’t get caught. His life as while as his wife and family depended on it. He couldn’t believe those vampires would stoop so low and bring all their family as bait to lure them into this. He stands there in the storage room, the cold air enveloping them as Nick drops from the window to join them.

“Come on Brian, we need you to start collecting too.” Kevin whispers as Brian shakes his head from the window sill.

“Rok, jump down. Hurry up. We have about seventeen minutes to do this!” A.J. yells hoarsely.

Brian gazes down from the window and grips the window sill tightly in his hands. “I can’t jump! Its too far up!” Quivers Brian as he nervously scans the floor below him.

“Damn, he’s scared of heights man. I gotta bring him down here.” Kevin whispers as A.J. and Nick quietly and quickly move to the metal cabinets that align the white walls of the room. They pull open the cabinets and see rows of blood vials carefully placed in a tray. A.J. starts shoving the vials one by one into the small slots that his pants have as Nick does the same in the cabinet besides him. “We need one O negative and AB positive in this whole mess, K?” A.J. whispers to Nick as they both continue to shove vials into the slots. They were close to panicking, they couldn’t believe they were doing this whole mess to save the lives of their loved ones.

Kevin sighs and pulls out a small rope with a metal hook at the end and swings it up to the window. It latches onto the window as Brian quickly slides down the rope and runs to a cabinet quickly filling it with the blood vials. They all manage to fill up all their slots and climb out the rope with two minutes remaining. In quiet fear, Brian thought that they were too late. They race out the window and climb down to the ground without miraculously getting caught. They race towards the black SUV with a minute ticking away as their heart race. The vehicle’s door opens as Kindel smiles and steps out the SUV. Walking towards them, she counts the blood vials and places them into two large wooden crates in the back of the SUV. “Wow, just in time. Nice. Just wait right here. K. I’ll be right back. Gotta let the others know, you guys did it and we’ll release your family ok?” And with that races off, leaving the four confused and anxious.

Nick leans on the back of the SUV as Kevin paces quietly. A.J. sighs and crosses his arms over his chest while Brian scratches the side of his head nervously.

Suddenly Kevin hisses and grabs his arm. The other three gather around their wounded friend as Kevin yanks out what seems like a needle that had been penetrated into his arm. It was dripping with his blood as the small tube of blood on the needle had already injected into his body. Kevin gasps and clutches his chest as he drops to his knees. The other guys were so preoccupied with Kevin that they didn’t realize that they themselves were shot at too, the blood vials injected into them as well.

“Oh man, no! Kevin, Damn! Speak to us! What are you feeling?” A.J. yells out as Kevin drops his head into his hands and begins shaking violently.

“Oh God, is he having some seizure or attack?” Nick asks as Kevin stops shivering and closes his eyes. With the help for the guys, they stand him up. Kevin kept his eyes close as he hisses out, that he’s ok.

“That didn’t look ok? What’s going on? Someone shot you?” Brian whispers as he rolls the sleeve up on Kevin’s arm to see the wound.

“I feel fine. Great in fact.” Kevin whispers happily as he opens his eyes.

Nick gasps and A.J. shakes his head, “Oh no! Oh hell no!” He screams out as the white in Kevin’s eyes became filled with red. Kevin smiles as two fangs protruded from his mouth.

Nick chokes out and backs away: screaming that he’s one of them one now.

“Shut up Nick!” A.J. seethes out. “You wanna get caught!?”

“We have to get out of here. What happened to Kevin is only a sign. Let’s get out of here now!” Brian whispers in a panic as he grabs Kevin’s arm in fear and drags the taller man.

“But what about our family?” Nick asks nervously.

A.J. pats Nick’s shoulder and points to the building in time to see all the family members released and in good condition. “They’ll be ok, trust me. But we have Kevin to worry about. He’s feeling ill.”

“How about more like dead.” Nick hisses as he watches the transformations take over Kevin. Kevin smiles as the fangs gleam brightly. Over all he besides his eyes he looks normal. Nothing seriously abnormal about him.

“This is what they said would happen to us.” Brian whispers as along with Nick boards Kevin onto the SUV.

“Lucky our little red haired wench is stupid enough to leave the key still in the ignition.” A.J. states as he slides into the leather driver’s seat. Brian stood in the back seat with Kevin as Nick hops into the passenger seat next to A.J.

“They’re ok.” Brian whispers softly as he sees his wife and relatives being boarded safely into taxi’s ready to take them home.

“Should we at least go and see how their doing?” Nick asks worriedly.

“No time little buddy. We’ll call them later tonight. I don’t think it would be good for them to see Kevin in this condition. And if he’s like this, I’m only worried about what will happen to us later on.” A.J. states as Kevin lies passed out in the back seats.

Brian gulps and brushes Kevin’s hair, “Just go, please. He’s family to me and I can’t lose him ok?” Brian whispers out, his shaking hand touching Kevin’s sudden pale face.

A.J. nods and turns the key, speeding off down the road.

“Where should we go?” Brian asks in a panic.

“The hospital that’s where.” A.J. states, as he sees Brian and Nick from the corner of his eyes yanking something from their back and leg.

“Guys, did you get shot too?” A.J. whispers nervously.

Brian nods his head as he passes out in the passenger seat while Nick slumps in besides him. A.J. gasps and with one arm on the steering wheel, he uses his free hand to tap Nick’s cheek, “Alright guys, come on. Wake up. Don’t do this to me. I’m not in the mood for a joke right now. Really bad timing on this ok?” He whispers. Turning to look at Brian passed out, he noted a needle sticking out of his own shoulder. Shocked, he yanks it out and stares at it confused. Shaking his head, he turns to face the road and suddenly a strange luring rather sleep mood embraces him. He fights hard to maintain staying awake, but soon found himself in its grasp. Yanking his eyes open, he feels his body give up and he slumps forward on the wheel just in time to see the SUV careening towards oncoming traffic.
~**~

**~To Be Continued…~**