- Text Size +
“The Blood Pact”

**~Boys Club~**

A.J. gradually opens his eyes as he hears the windshield wipers squeaking across the front window. He feels a stinging shock zoom down his spine as he reaches to touch his left temple. He feels the cold blood touch his fingers and looks around to notices the other three: Brian, Nick and Kevin, knocked out since the crash. It seemed that when A.J. was getting drugged from the injected needle that was thrown at him and the others, he lost control of the SUV and crashed into a tree. He was lucky the roadside was vacant and no one else was injured or involved. All around them seemed like a vacant road with trees aligning both roadsides. The silver moon light lights up the dark black sky as the soft breathing of the others in the vehicle blend in. He wearily tries to sit up from the driver’s seat but noted the stained seat was crushed and folded forward, blocking him from escape. Other than the injury on his temple, he seemed fine. Nothing else seemed to be bothering him as he struggles and fights his way out of the driver’s seat, steadily walking over to Nick who was sitting besides him, head down on the head board of the vehicle.

“Nick?” A.J. croaks out as the smell of his own metallic blood was making his stomach grumble with queasiness. A.J. kindly places a hand on Nick’s shoulder as Nick moans softly and attempts to sit up. He winces in pain and stares at A.J.

“Oh man, this is not the way to go. I thought I was gonna die with a hot chick in my arms.” Nick mumbles as he tries to sit up and get up from his seat.

A.J. smirks, “Easy there. You banged your head up pretty good. Don’t wanna let the rest of your intelligence flow out of there.” He whispers sarcastically as Nick glares at him.

“Oh man, Brian?! Kevin?! How are the guys?” Nick shouts standing up and stumbling over to where a heap lied in the back. Brian and Kevin both moaned as they crawl over to where Nick was standing in the SUV.

“Nick, is that you buddy? I thought we were dead or something.” Brian rasps as Kevin feels for the roof of the vehicle and stands up.

“Kevin, you’re ok!” Brian and A.J. shouts out.

“Ah yeah. Why wouldn’t I be?” Kevin whispers confused as he touches his head painfully. “Who was driving? A.J. it was you right? ‘Cause this looks like your work.” He hears the snicker of the other two as A.J. growls.

“Be lucky you’re all ok man. We crashed into a tree. I was trying to get you to a hospital but it looks like we all were shot as well and I was knocked out. Lucky the tree stopped us.” A.J. states as Kevin smiles.

“Ya, we’re alright. Thanks. I’m surprised this vehicle is still intact. Just a few broken pieces on the front window and that’s about it. Think I can drive now?” Kevin asks as his weary emerald eyes cloud over in sudden pain. He doubles over as the others surround him and get him out the SUV. They all step onto the ground as Kevin kneels over and begins regurgitating the last meal he had ingested. Brian watches on as Nick leans on the side of the SUV doubling over in pain.

“Oh geez Nick, what’s wrong?” Brian asks as A.J. helps Kevin back on his feet.

Nick holds his stomach as he gasps out in pain, “Oh God! Holy…” He stops mid-sentence as he coughs. Suddenly Nick drops his head into his palms as he begins shaking.

“Oh no! Not this. Is he having some attack or something?” A.J. whispers as he and Kevin make their way over to Nick. Nick slumps back on the side of the van, his eyes closed for a minute.

“Take deep breathes buddy. What are you feeling like?” Kevin asks, ignoring his own pain as he kneels down and places his hands on Nick’s shoulders. Suddenly Nick’s eyes snap open as he grabs Kevin’s throat with his hands and begins choking him. “NICK! STOP IT!” Brian yells as A.J. and Kevin both try to push Nick away.

“Whoa, Nick your eyes!” A.J points out as Nick was slammed on the side of car by Brian.

Nick growls, his blood filled eyes gaze over at the three band mates. “What? Don’t like my new look?” He smirks as the two fangs emerge from his mouth.

“D, dude! You’re a freak. You’re a vampire!” A.J. chokes out as Kevin falls onto his knees and buries his head into his arms. Brian and A.J. watch as Kevin cries out before he takes a deep breath and raises his head up to look at the others.

Brian’s mouth drops open, “This isn’t good.”

“You think?” A.J. yells back, glaring at the transformed man before him. Kevin stands up and smiles, the two fangs gleaming under the silver moonlight, as the blood filled irises glow back at them, the emerald blending in with the red.

Brian gasps as he drops to his knees, “Ahhh, it hurts.”

“What’s going on?!” A.J. shrieks as he feels his legs give up, dropping him on his knees. The intense burning sensation races through his veins as if he could feel blood that was injected into him flow through his entire body. It seemed to be a fire starting up in his body as his heart races a mile a minute. He breaks into a sweat and closes his eyes tightly hoping the pain would leave. And as fast as the pain entered his body was as fast as it left.

“A.J. how you feeling?” Kevin whispers. A.J. keeping his head on his lap, smiles and stands up.

“Doing good. So now what?” A.J. grins, licking his lower lip and touching the fangs that made its appearance.

“I have an idea.” Brian whispers as he sniffs the air. “I can smell them. Howie is around here somewhere. Why don’t we visit him?”

The other three chuckle and laugh as they nod and walks down the road towards a warehouse a mile down.
~*~

Cabal finishes loading the gun and hands it to Nemesis who places it into a large black gym bag. Damaris cleans the blood soaked swords with a napkin as Howie watches and sits besides her nervously.

“So ah, Howie right?” Cabal smiles, turning to face his direction.

Howie chews on the inside of his cheek and nods his head.

“What do you think of all this?” Cabal extends his hand to show the interior of the run down warehouse.

“Ahh, nice. Dark and creepy: just like you.” Howie whispers as Nemesis burst out laughing. Damaris hides her grin as Cabal snorts.

“I’ll let that pass me cause I know you’re scared.” Cabal sneers as Howie shrugs and stares at the dusty ground. The dim lighted warehouse stood tall with broken planks and crates littered around the sides of the warehouse. Howie’s ears perk at the moaning and groaning of the dead zombies banging and walking around the perimeter of the warehouse.

Damaris sighs and throws another weapon into the bag, “Get off him Cabal. I’d be scared too with those things out there ready to eat me.”

“Off and I’ll stay off.” Cabal mutters, tucking away a sword into the side belt of his pants. “Howie can you defend yourself by any chance?”

Howie gulps, “Why?”

“Well if those things break in here, we might be too busy to watch over you. And you’ll need to protect yourself.” Cabal whispers seriously as he hands Howie a pistol.

Howie nods his head and grabs the magnum Nemesis gave him, “Nemesis showed me some moves so I think I can defend myself.”

“Good. That’s what I want to hear.” Cabal whispers as a sudden creaking coming from inside the top shelf of the warehouse resounded.

“Shhh, someone’s in here.” Nemesis whispers: aiming her magnum at the sound. A shadow figured scurries around the top wooden plank near the roof as Cabal narrows his eyes and steps in the center of the dim lighted warehouse. He listens as a chuckle from whatever managed to enter the warehouse creates.

Damaris and Nemesis surround Howie and aim their magnums at the shadowed figure.

“What is that?” Howie whispers loudly.

“I think it wants to play with you.” Nemesis giggles, pushing Howie towards the center, “Go play with it. I’m sure it wants you.”

Cabal stops and sniffs the air angrily turning to the girls. Growling, he stands between the girls and sniffs, stopping in front of Damaris.

“Something’s drawing them here. Don’t lie to me Damaris, are you?” He says, leaving the incomplete sentence to wonder around Howie’s mind.

Snorting Damaris rolls her eyes, “Am I what? Bleeding?” She hisses as Cabal growls, grabbing her arm trying to find the cut.

“You won’t find the cut. I can’t stop nor help the blood that’s coming out of me.” Damaris hisses as Nemesis giggles.

“Really Cabal, you should know better. You are traveling with two women after all.” Nemesis whispers with a smug look on her face.

Howie smiles as he realizes what the conversation was about, “You forgot there’s a creature in here.” Howie whispers as the shadow creeps closer to them.

Cabal turns around and shoots, missing the creature. Nemesis and Damaris gaze at each other and nod, giving each other the signal to break and run to either side of the warehouse. They hide behind the crates and boxes and start shooting at the running shadowed figure. Cabal smiles and leaps up in the center of the warehouse where most of the light was at. The circle of white light beamed down on him as the white light bulb swings listlessly above him.

The hissing and groaning seemed to get louder as Howie backs away and hits the wooden plank walls of the warehouse. Howie nervously points his gun in front of him as the hissing comes closer. Suddenly as the shadowed figure was about to leap at him, it was shot directly by Cabal and Nemesis. The creature screams out and collapses dead near the dim lighted center of the warehouse. Cabal inches closer and takes one final shot at the creature to make sure it was dead. Cabal narrows his eyes as recognition comes into place. Damaris and Nemesis stays near Howie as Cabal lifts the vampires head.

“Hades. Should have known your stupid behind would be the first to die. Always in a rush to stop everything around you.” Cabal whispers, lifting the short spiky red headed vampire to his lap. Hades mouth leaks a trail of crimson blood as his eyes stared glassy eyed at Howie’s direction. A human shadow from outside covered the small dim lighted circle in the center of the warehouse. Damaris stands up and creeps over to one of the barred up windows to see a shadow of four people staring at her direction.

“Umm, uh guys. I think the guys found us.” Damaris whispers as Nemesis peers over one of the black barred metal bars that sealed the window.

Smiling, Nemesis nods her head, “Well good, this is nice. Saves me from having to find their fine looking behinds. Let’s go get them. There’s some zombies out there that can get to them if we’re not careful.”

Damaris grabs Nemesis’s lean snowy arm, “I don’t think that’s a good idea. I don’t think they’re like us anymore.” She whispers nervously, her light brown eyes clouded in worry.

Howie gulps and shakes his head, “I’m going to get them! Nothing is wrong with them, they need our help and I’m gonna let them know we’re in here!”

Cabal grabs Howie and pushes him to the wall, “No you won’t do such a thing! You’ll stay here. Do you hear me! Damaris is right, your friends aren’t well anymore. They’re part of the vampire clan now. They’ve changed.”

Howie roughly pushes away from Cabal and yells, “Who the hell do you think you are to say that about my friends?! They need our help!”

“Listen to him Howie. He knows what he’s talking about. If they weren’t part of the vampires, the zombies would have attacked them already.” Nemesis whispers, her golden locks tied tightly in a small braided bun as she turns the caliber of her gun and tucks it away.

Howie gulps and stares out the window to see the shadows of his four friends. He lost them forever if they turned against them and nothing can be done to change their friends mind.
~*~

Kevin stands in the center of his friends, his black leather jacket billows in the harsh cold wind as he keeps his eyes trained on the window where only a minute ago, he saw the two women staring at him. “Looks like we’ll camp out here tonight. I want to surprise them, let them know we’re all ok.”

Nick smiles and nods his head as the four disappear into the darkness, waiting for daylight to approach for the group inside the warehouse to make their appearance.
~**~

**~To Be Continued…~**