- Text Size +
A/N: Hey I’m back with a new chapter, I hope you enjoy it and please try to leave a review, it helps me out as an author. Thanks so much!

“The Blood Pact”

**~Hunting Season~**

Kindel giggles as she watches the black SUV sped away with the Chosen Ones in it. Laughing, she keeps her emerald orbs upon on the vehicle until it disappeared from view. Smiling, she turns to see Baal wiping his hands on his cargo pants grinning, showing with his eyes that the family was safe and out of harms way.

“You have to admit, it was pretty cruel kidnapping their families. I know one of them will open their mouths and tell.” Baal states deeply watching Demetrius disappear into a dark alleyway.

“Yeah but it was the only way. Now they should be changed. They gotten their first taste of blood and their transformation should be complete by now.” Kindel laughs as she twirls a pistol in her hands, her neck length flaming locks brush pass her cheeks from the cold gentle wind.

Baal smiles and watches quietly down the vacant streets as screams and bodies of innocent people collapse on the ground before them, changing into sick un-living zombies.

A sharp whistle disturbs them and they look up towards a roof to see Nairobi waving at them.

“Wonder what she wants?” Baal whispers, his cinnamon complexion glittering in the silver moonlight. His red tipped raven hair blows in the wind as they make their way over to the roof curious to see what will happen next.

“Just curious, do you know what those Boys are up too?” Baal asks as they cross the street and begin to ascend to the roof of the blood bank from the black staircase on the side.

“Probably tracking down their master. Then they’ll need to feed.” Kindel states, jumping over the stairs and landing squarely on the roof top.

Baal raises his eyebrows and chuckles, “Their master? Ha, Cabal?”

Kindel smirks and remains silent, giving him a knowingly look as if to simply say she knows and she’s not telling.

“Whatever, we gotta start hunting, I’m hungry.” Baal mutters as Nairobi nods her head in agreement and responds:

“Couldn’t have agreed with you more.” She whispers and places her palms on Kindel and Baal, leading them away from the arriving police and security that was at ground level. They escape into the darkness from once they came from.
~*~

Kevin drums his fingers on the counter as his other three band mates settle on bar stools besides him. A bartender approaches them and asks if they wanted to order anything. A.J. looks at the group and nods his head, ordering for the group. He along with the others decided that they needed to get something to eat and caught some rest. They knew where Howie was, somehow their senses became elevated so much and are easily able to track down Howie no matter where he was at. So they decided for now to just wait and get Howie when the time was right. Their changes have slowly taken over their personalities as they realize they were losing heart and becoming as cold hearted as their enemies. Yet for Kevin, it was something he can’t control nor ignore.

“Kev, Kev, yo hoo buddy. You ok?” Brian asks turning to peer at Kevin.

Kevin shakes his head and stands up, “Listen guys, I’ll be right back. K?” And he begins making his way out the small bar.

“Where you going?” Nick shouts, his concern edging its way into his speech.

“Somewhere.” Kevin mumbles to himself, exiting the bar. He walks down the block, his gaze on the cement sidewalk. The only sound was his footsteps coming from each step he takes, the peaceful somber night embracing him. He continues his walk, his ears straining to hear a woman giggle and whisper. Stepping slowly into a small garden where a pond was located, Kevin spots the woman throwing pieces of bread into the calm still pond.

He stops inches away from the woman hiding within the shadows of the trees and watches on, memorized by the delicate swift moves the woman creates as she lets the small article of food fly out of her hands and into the pond, crashing its serene appearance. Kevin keeps his gaze at the pond feeling a rather connection to it. To him that still pond sort of reflected his soul and the moment anything touched it, it send ripples through him, fighting to stay control yet failing to stop it.

“I didn’t know people came by here this late in the night.” The raven haired young woman whispers, noticing Kevin’s silhouette.

“Yeah, I’m one of the strange few.” Kevin whispers politely, his eyes trained on her as he moves out of the shadows and into her presence.

“What’s a man like you doing around this area all alone?” The young woman asks, her raven curls caress her snowy cheeks.

“I was going to ask you the same thing. I just wanted to get away.” Kevin whispers as he stands inches away from the woman.

The woman smiles and scoots over on the wooden bench, “Well there’s room for one more, if you want to sit.”

“Thanks.” And Kevin sits besides her, staring at the quiet water reflecting the soft silver light. A few stray ducks quack happily in the night as they near the shore, eating the small bread tossed at them.

“What’s your name?” The woman asks him as she smiles at his direction.

Kevin smirks and shrugs his shoulders, “Kevin. And you?”

“Alyssa.” The woman whispers as the gentle breeze flutters through her hair.

Kevin’s senses begin increasing as he hears the soft breaths escape Alyssa’s mouth. ‘God what’s going on?’ He thinks to himself as the woman’s scent was invading his nostrils. She smelled of citrus and flowers and her blood flow was steadily coursing down her body. Kevin grips his stomach as it lets out a low grumble. Alyssa smiles while Kevin feeling a bit self-conscious: gazes up at her clear grey eyes.

“Sorry, I forgot to eat.” Kevin whispers embarrassed.

“That’s ok. I have some leftover bread if you’re interested. The ducks can wait if you really need the food.” Alyssa whispers, placing a toasted slice of bread into Kevin’s palm.

Kevin shakes his head and hands it back to her, “No forget it, thanks it’s alright.”

“You sure?”

“Yeah.” Kevin whispers as he nears her. He was only a mere centimeters away from her as he breathes in her excitement. She seemed so alive to him, something that he once had but now barely recalled. She doesn’t move away nor inch closer to him as Kevin smiles and lightly places a kiss on her cheek.

She jerks back and smiles, “What, whoa. I don’t know about this. I don’t even know you.”

“Yeah you do. I told you my name. You know me.” Kevin deeply whispers out as his lust of blood pulsated through his veins.

“We can’t kiss.” Alyssa whispers nervously, brushing away his hand that touched her cheek.

“Alyssa you’re so beautiful. Did anyone tell you that? I’ll be a gentleman and ask. Can I kiss you? Let me taste you.” He whispers, his breath intoxicating her as she just stares in silence.

Kevin places his lips upon her soft cheek and gives her gentle peck. He hears her sigh as he continues to kiss her, lowering his kisses until he reached her neck. In his mind, he was screaming “STOP! WHAT I’M DOING? I CAN’T KILL HER!” Yet, he reached the vital part of her neck where the vein throbs with her rich blood. Kevin tries to control himself and stop his actions but his soul failed to reach the message as his fangs protrude from his mouth and enter her neck. It rips into the soft flesh smoothly as a fresh batch of blood sprays into his mouth, fulfilling the hunger that had consumed him. He swallows the life line down his throat, wetting his dry throat with the blood his body so desired. He throws his arms around her shoulders and lures her closer to him as he begins sucking on the open wound in her throat.

The woman in shock let out a small scream and begins gurgling on what Kevin assumed was her own blood. He wanted to stop, needed to stop to save this woman’s life but to no avail, his body was out of his control as the taste of blood embraces his sanity and intense senses. After drinking the dark liquid for a few minutes, he could feel the weight of Alyssa’s body get heavy as she collapses dead into his arms. Kevin pulls away from her throat and gasps at the revelation of his actions. He chokes out, “NO! NO! How could I have done this?!” He whispers yet he feels a small smile on his lips, the fresh blood course through his body, bringing his body back to a form of life. He felt rejuvenated and replenished. He backs away from her and leaps out the bench, staring at the dead corpse. He couldn’t believe it, she was dead and he was responsible for it. How could he have done such a thing? It wasn’t like him and it was out of his control yet he craved to do more and decided that instead of going back to the bar to join his friends, he needed to get out and do some more hunting. This is more like a part of him, he needed to replenish his on going increase thirst and was surprised that the soft metallic taste did wonders to his body. He thought the moment the crimson liquid touched his mouth that he would gag at the taste, but instead found it sweet to the tongue and it drew him to his ultimate high. He needed to get that feeling back into his system. He knew no matter how hard he tried to resist the evil that now prowled within his system, he couldn’t stop it. He was becoming what he feared all his life, a killer. And nothing was going to stop it, but he hoped that he can withhold it long enough to find out what was going on with him and his friends.
~*~

A.J. flips open a booklet and hear Brian’s drumming on the dining counter of the corner café booth they were resting at.

“Relax, Rok. Kev will come back. He’s probably taking a walk, couldn’t blame him really with all the stuff we’re going through.” Nick mumbles, sighing worriedly.

“Ya, you’re right. Kev wouldn’t walk out of this. We gotta find out what the deal is with us.” Brian whispers softly as customers passed by their booth, hoping people wouldn’t hear their conversation.

“A.J. points to the open page and eyes the guys, “Check this out. This book seems to be talking about that ruby relic Kevin mentioned to us.” A.J. points to an open page where something caught his eye. “What’s there to figure out, we’re vampires now and we have to kill to keep us living.” A.J. growls wearily, slamming the booklet down in the center of the table.

Brian snorts, “Gee, thanks Alex for the comforting words.” He whispers sarcastically as he peers at the page showing off the relic.

Nick glances down and smiles, “Wait, all that big deal for a little cheesy jewelry, man I thought it was big rock we had to get a hold of.” Nick grabs the magazine holding it in his hands examining the picture.

Brian narrows his light eyes and scans the page over, “Whoa, I’ve seen that jewelry before. Howie has it on his ring. It’s a small ring but now that I think about it, he has the jewelry.”

“Oh God! What are you sure?” A.J. hisses, “We gotta find D now!”

“Yeah, I’m sure, he said he bought it at a thrift store he went with you. Send it was the only thing he liked there and bought it.”

Nick leans back in the red booth and gulps, “Ok, so it can’t be the one then. You can’t just buy it at a store now can you?”

“It has to be, no other jewelry has the same exact relic emblazoned with gold lettering on the silver ring. But Howie’s does, meaning it’s the one.” Brian points to the picture in the center of the magazine in front of them.

“Ahhh, but if he has it then…” Nick wonders off as Brian finishes off the sentence, “He has the power and that could mean that…”

Nick interrupts and stares at Brian as an idea hits him, a grin tugging in the corners of his mouth.

Brian glances at Nick and finally understood the hidden message that crossed Nick’s face and he feels a smile on his face. “Well, what a surprise. Howie’s more important to us than anything. How intriguing.” He whispers, rubbing his finger on his lips, over the small fangs that poked beneath his gums.

A.J. gazes at both guys in confusion, “Uhhhh, yeah, listen. Can you explain this? I don’t get the whole thing, So Howie has the ring? What about it? We’ll just talk him into giving the stupid gem to the freaks and we get the hell out here and move on with our lives.”

Brian laughs along with Nick as he explains the new discovery and about Howie’s importance, pieces to the puzzle were fitting in and things were eerily starting to make sense and it wasn’t with good results.
~*~

Howie sighs and leans back on the hard planks: he tugs on the thin cotton blanket over him and uncomfortably fixes the sleeping bag he’s on. His body cries out in the discomfort. His eyes stare up at the rickety warehouse ceiling as he hears the deep soft breathing of Nemesis and Damaris sleeping soundly besides him. Howie fingers a ring on his finger as he sighs and tries once again to close his eyes and get some sleep.

“Not tired I see.” Cabal’s voice cuts into his thoughts. Howie snaps open his eyes to see Cabal peering down on him. “I know this isn’t the five star hotel you’re so used to sleeping in but this will have to do.”

“I’m not complaining.” Howie whispers nervously.

“You don’t have too. I can tell you’re uncomfortable. You can keep me company then if you can’t sleep. I’m not really tired, I don’t really need much sleep, two to four hours and I’m good to go.” Cabal states, swinging a double edge sword professionally, the sword inches away from Howie’s cheek.

“Uhhh, well. That’s good to know.” Howie softly states, his dark eyes watching Cabal tuck away the sword and sticking out his hand to help Howie onto his feet.

“So uhhh, what do we do? I mean where will we go from here?” Howie whispers standing up and fixing his dusty beige cargo pants.

Cabal sighs and shakes his head, “I want to stop Liam and Demetrius. I can get you guys out of here and out the boundaries to safety by morning, then I’ll go after them.”

“And you want to do that by yourself?” Howie asks.

“Yeah, you guys could die if you go with me.” Cabal whispers, pulling out a magnum and reloading it.

“But my friends are with them! I have to be there and get them out of here as well!” Howie whispers loudly.

Cabal raises his hands in the air and nods, “Look I understand your concern, but I have way too much to do. Innocent lives are dying with the water.”

“But the water is purified already!” Howie chokes out feeling overwhelmed.

“Yes you’re right and you’re all lucky to have your friends and family still living and doing well. But there are a lot of others who weren’t so fortunate. I have to stop them as well as get to Liam.” Cabal whispers, taking out an empty shell of bullets and replacing it with a fresh load of full bullets into his pistol.

“Can you handle all that?” Howie whispers out, a sob escaping him as he chokes back the possibility that his friends are serious danger.

Cabal sighs and nods his head, “Yeah. I know you’re scared. But don’t worry, you’ll be ok. I’ll see to that.”

“Thanks.” Howie mutters out, a sudden chill sweeps down his spine as he clutches his arms across his chest.

“No problem, little buddy.” Cabal whispers but was interrupted by a loud crashing coming from the windows above them. Damaris and Nemesis jolts from their sleep and nervously and anxiously reach for a weapon to protect themselves with.

Three zombie like creatures landed on the warehouse ground ready to pounce and shred whatever it could get it hands on. Howie gulps and backs away, “Oh man, not again!”

Damaris glances up to see a tall shadow that seemed familiar to her, “Yo, Nem, tell me who you think that is?”

Nemesis raises her emerald sapphire orbs curiously at the broken roof, “Isn’t that Kevin?”

“That’s what I thought.” Damaris states, her dark chocolate locks tumble over her shoulders.

Cabal raises his magnum at the shadow and releases a row of bullets. The silhouette on the roof disappears immediately as Howie sighs and grips his knuckles, hiding the ring that seemed to be calling all the evil to him.

Cabal blasts his magnum at the three zombies that were clawing at him, he quickly disposed of the creatures with a shot from his weapons as they keel over dead, splattering its reeking liquid on him.

Damaris gags at the sight while Nemesis in curiosity kneels over at the dead fallen zombies collecting its blood samples. Cabal sighs and clutches his chest, “Girls, you carrying any back up?”

Damaris sighs and nods her head, “Yeah, I think so. We were so supposed to drop off a package of blood tubes to Demetrius but never got around to it when we walked out.” She states searching through the large gym bag for the product.

“In all honestly, I thought you were girls were bluffing.” Cabal states, wiping his magnum as the oozing reeking yellow blood spills out on the ground, condenses into the dirt. Nemesis steps into the bloody pulp and peers at the dead creature on the ground.

“Yeah well we weren’t. You offer us freedom and we ran for it.” Nemesis states, poking with gloved hands through the pile of bloody limbs that lie scattered in front of her.

Howie gulps and watches in disgust as Nemesis pulls out a needle and injects it into the decaying limbs. She fills up the tube of the needle and stares at the yellow blood filled glass tube. “Interesting.”

“What is?” Damaris asks, kneeling near Nemesis while Howie and Cabal inch closer to them.

“The liquid inside them. It wasn’t made from the drinking of the water only. I’ll have to run some testing on it, so I can be sure. But I think that this blood is more of a vampire type. I mean these creatures seem to be vampires that have changed, not humans.” Nemesis whispers curiously placing the yellow filled tube inside a small slot of a pocket of her laptop.

“Well, I guess that’s nice to know. Nemesis, if you’re right on your theory, that means it’ll be only a matter of time before I change.” Cabal mutters, sighing as Howie cringes.

“And as for your friends Howie, I believe their not on our side. Something could be drawing those creatures here. But how and what?” Damaris states, ruffling through a pile of wrinkle papers that lied scattered inside a manila folder in the gym bag.

Nemesis sighs and gently bumps into Howie’s hip by accident, “Oops.” Nemesis whispers seductively as Howie smirks. Damaris sighs and throws the pile of papers she was searching through in the air. The sheets flutter slowly to the dusty ground, all were faced down except one with a specific sketch drawing of an item.

Nemesis eyes spots it first and runs to the paper, lifting it up in her hands, “It’s a picture of a relic. It’s supposed to possess some form of power. Its not clearly detailed but it does state that during the early seventeenth century the relic was originally created to ward off evil. But Liam had it at one point and the usage of the relic powers were created for evil. During a battle…” Nemesis stops and notes that she had everyone’s attention and smiles before continuing, “The relic was lost and wasn’t found until recently in Germany by an American archaeologist trader where it was buried underground somewhere. The guy- Dover Bensin sold it to friend of his, who just so happens to own a store in the Florida’s estate. It’s a thrift store, it seems that the jewelry could only be touched by the chosen ones…” She gets cuts off when Damaris squeals out:

“Chosen ones! The four guys! But what does that have to do with the zombies coming here?”

“Everything and now if you let me finish.” She smirks at Damaris as she continues to read off the paper, “The relic could be touched by the chosen ones and if one of them possesses it, then it becomes a magnet to all evil in which is drawn to it. The relic-its ruby blood filled gem was last seen as a design to format a silver ring with gold lettering on it stating in Germany -Elemental evil” She lets the paper flutter into the air.

Cabal narrows his eyes as Damaris follows his gaze to Howie’s right ring finger.

“The relic or ring now seems to be right here!” Cabal snarls as he grabs Howie’s right hand and stares at the gem. “I can’t believe you have this and you never told us!” He hisses out as Howie roughly swipes his hand away.

“Hell, if you want it, take it!” Howie squeals out and throws the ring to Cabal. Cabal ducks and watches the ring roll onto the dusty ground touching Damaris’s boots. “Hey what’s wrong? Its just a ring.”

“We, we can’t touch it.” Nemesis whispers, “It’s designed only for the chosen ones and it seems you are one after all. Figured all those things kept following us. Its cause of you! I almost died ‘cause you had the stupid ring on you the whole time!”

“Whoa, wait, hold on. Why can I touch it and nothing happens? This is just a coincidence, how many rings are fashioned like this! It means nothing.” Howie quickly states, the chills zooming down his spine.

“Ah sorry. This is a one of a kind. Besides, the inscription is clearly emblazoned on the ring.” Nemesis whispers, her golden locks tumble over her shoulders.

Howie walks over to the ring and picks it up staring at it, “So this is all the fuss the vampires are making. Wow. I would have never thought going shopping with A.J. would lead to this. Ok but I’m not chosen.”

Damaris smirks, “Ahh yeah you are. Well seems you must have quite a history with the others after all. So chosen one, what do you think we should do?

Howie shrugs his shoulders, shaking his head, “No way. I’m not related to any of those things out there! I know my history, I’m not a part of them!” Howie points to the window where the zombies growled and howled waiting for them.

Cabal sneers at Howie’s direction and picks up his pistol, “Let’s go, Damaris and Nemesis, I’m dropping you off at the boundaries a mile off from here.”

“NO! We’re staying!” Nemesis growls holding a metal fan in her hands, “I didn’t train for a fight to miss out on the main event, I’m down whether you like it or not.”

Cabal clutches his fist tightly and nudges his head towards Damaris as if to say if she felt the same way.

“Hey, why not? I can’t get no sleep anyway with those things and not knowing the outcome of this would have driven me crazy anyway. So yeah, I’m in it too!” She whispers happily, a grin plastered on her peach face as she pulls out a .20 mm silver pistol.

Howie raises his eyebrows and sighs, “God, I’m gonna kill A.J. for taking me shopping when all this is done.”

The girls smile at the statement when suddenly the warehouse entrance crashes open as a herd of zombies come after them. Cabal shouts to split up as he and Damaris scurry to one side of the warehouse, shooting at the oncoming zombies. Howie and Nemesis back away as she begins shooting. Howie nervously watches the zombies as one in particular notices the ring on Howie’s hands and cries out, what seemed to be “Free us!” Nemesis drops an empty pistol and grabs her metal fan, cutting up the limbs that went flying around them. The red and yellow liquid splash on them as Nemesis stabs her metal sharp edge fan into a zombie that keeled over dead. Howie hides behind Nemesis as he nervously holds a pistol in his hands.

Closing his eyes, he hears his ears pop as the loud vibrating bullet escapes from the pull of the trigger landing directly in front of zombie’s forehead. Howie gasps and cringes as the dead corpse crashes to the ground.

Damaris and Cabal clear their side of the warehouse and stand in the center waiting for Howie and Nemesis to kill off the last two zombies. “Damn. Done, my goodness. I thought they would never end.” Nemesis complains as she places her magnum away for the time being.

“Well that’s quite the adventure, isn’t it Howie?” Cabal stares at him as they head out the warehouse towards the Dark fall Society clan miles off.

Howie rolls his eyes and only hoped he could get out of here alive and find his friends before anything else freaky happened. He wanted to rest though he doubted he would get any sleep any time soon, he wanted to be in the comforts of his safety and he was no where closer to getting that any time soon.
~*~

Brian gets restless and stands up from the booth, heading towards the exit. He feels a tug on his arm and turns to see A.J. glaring at him, “Not you too. We’re still missing Kevin and I can’t have you out there. We still need to get Howie and warn him…”

“What does it matter?” Brian cuts him off.

“Huh? Dude it matters, we warn Howie and things can get better when he hands the ring back to its original owners.” A.J. whispers annoyed as some customers whisper and stare at them strangely.

Brian sighs and shakes his head, “I’m looking for Kevin.”

“Not by yourself you aren’t.” Nick states, standing behind A.J.

Brian smiles and nods his head, “Company is always good to have. Then let’s go. Time’s a wasting.” And they exit the bar.

The bartender snorts and rolls his eyes, wiping a wet napkin on the bar counter, “Celebrities. They always want everything for free, can’t even pay for their drinks.”

Suddenly the bar door opens again as A.J. runs in and drops a wad of money on the counter in front of the bartender, “Sorry, I almost forgot. That should cover our drinks and tips. Thanks.” He smiles warmly and quickly exits the bar. The bartender raises his eyebrows and watches the group leave.

“Hmmm, guess I was wrong. Nice kids.” The bartender states with a smile on his face.
~*~

“Where are we heading?” Nick asks as they hurriedly walk down a few blocks.

“Find Kevin and Howie.” Brian whispers as he takes a deep breath and continues their walk.

“How though?” Nick asks as A.J. stops and grabs Nick by the shoulders,

“Smell. We’ll find them that way.”

Nick makes a face as he sniffs the air. He stops as a strong smell of blood filters his nose. “Whoa.” He states queasy as his stomach growls.

“You smell that too huh?” A.J. asks as the smell leads them to a corner of a street where a homeless woman sat bundled in her dirty cloths.

Brian stops in front of the woman and smiles sadly at her, caressing her face as he leans in. No longer in control of his body, his fangs emerge from his mouth and lowers his fangs into her neck. He penetrates her skin as the woman cries out, struggling weakly. A.J and Nick watch and join in, as they try to fight the inner struggle. They fail as they feel their fangs poke the woman’s arm and wrist. A.J. drinks in the rich blood from the woman’s wrist as Nick takes long slow drinks from her arm. Brian pulls away from the woman as she stares deathly at them and collapses dead before them. Her skin turns an ashen pale and she drops dead before them.

Nick and A.J. pulls away from her as they stare in shock at their actions.

“What just happened?!” A.J. shrieks as they stare at the results.

Brian nervously shakes his head and backs away, his legs wobbling terribly, “We, we, we killed her!”

A.J. shakes from the small tremors that ran through his spine suddenly. He hears footsteps getting close and pokes Nick on the side, “Lets, lets go man! Someone is coming!” And the three race down the street, disappearing into the dark.

Liam smiles at the dead woman on the ground and laughs, “Well done Boys. You’re only starting and already you’ve honed it on your skills already.” And Liam’s grey eyes glitter as he steps over the dead woman and drops a dollar into her tin can, walking away with a smile on his face.
~**~

**~To Be Continued…~**