- Text Size +
A/N: Sorry for the lack of updates but tada, I made it and now I present before you another chapter. Please leave a review, it helps me out as an author! Thanks so much!

“The Blood Pact”

**~On The Verge~**

Cabal leads the way down the road, smiling he quickly leads the small group to where he believed the vampires working alongside with the Dark Falls Society usually meet up. The place was a few miles down, but he knew the night club had to be full of the vampires swarming over the innocent victims by now.

After running down more than a few bare streets, Cabal halts and perks his ears at the on coming sound of their enemies. “Shhhh, they’re here somewhere.”

Damaris leans near Cabal and shrugs her shoulders, “Uhhh, who’s here? Cabal we’re in the middle of no where down a road and there isn’t anything or anyone in sight.”

Nemesis giggles and pulls out her rifle from the gym bag sniffing the air, “Hmmm…Smells like my fave odor. Zombies, man they never get old.” She whispers out and aims her rifle blindly into the dark night.

“Uh, wait. Look if they’re after us how about I just throw this stupid ring to them. I mean that’s what they want right?” Howie whispers fearfully.

Nemesis smirks and teases Howie, “Why don’t we just throw you to them? They’re hungry you know and maybe a taste of your blood might quiet them down.”

Howie makes a shocked expression, his chocolate eyes become large and round as his mouth hangs open. “You’re kidding right?” He chokes out as Nemesis burst in laughter and nods her head,

“Uh yeah, I thought you knew me by now.”

“Shhhhh guys, I hear it too. Cabal’s right.” Damaris hisses, raising her silver 9mm pistol in the air. Suddenly the quiet forest was interrupted by a snapping of a branch.

“Whatever it is, is heading over here.” Cabal mutters pulling out a large thick double edge sword in front of him. He grips the copper handle tightly in his hands as the moans and chuckling come closer to them.

“Damn, there’s no light around this place.” Howie whispers in a frighten voice as he searches blindly holding in his shaking hands, a small black pistol ready to blow up any vampire or zombies brains out.

“That’s the point. Vampires and zombies prefer the dark. It messes with their victims fear.” Damaris whispers as Cabal chuckles,

“Howie don’t tell me you’re afraid now. After all you’ve been through. Plus you have the ring that the vampires are drawn too.”

“Are you saying it’s my fault these things are coming after us?” Howie yells out annoyed.

“YES!” Cabal, Damaris and Nemesis hiss out in unison.

“Fine, if they want the ring…” He begins tugging on the ruby ring in his right hand, “Then they can have it!” And he tosses the precious ring off his finger.

Cabal screams out loud as a silhouette catches the ring. The dark shadow laughs and places the ring onto its finger. Howie stands aghast as the shadow steps into the silver ray of moonlight before them. The emerald eyes glitter in the night as the tall figure gazes at the prize possession on his finger.

“Ke, Kev, Kevin?!” Howie cries out as Kevin nods his head. Nemesis steps in front of Howie, protecting the shaking man from getting hurt.

“Hey Howie. Thanks for the ring. We were looking for it. I just didn’t think you would give it to us this fast.” Kevin hisses as the fangs protrude from his mouth.

“Holy…” Howie trembles, leaving his sentence incomplete.

“That’s right D. I found my true purpose. My real being. This is what was awaiting us for the longest period. But enough of my talking I’ll see ya later. I have things to do, places to go and people to kill. Really busy night if you think about it.” Kevin hisses, his sudden ashen white complexion blends painfully with the moonlight as he disappears into the shadows of the night.

“Howie? Howie, hey Howie listen to me!” Nemesis mutters nervously, shaking him by the shoulders gently.

“Huh?” Howie gulps staring at the shadows, “What’s wrong with Kevin?”

“I think he could go under shock, Nemesis watch over him in case of anything. We have to keep going.” Cabal distresses loudly, his eyes sadly staring at the emotionally hurt man.

Nemesis nods her head and they continue their way down the road. Suddenly a zombie creeps up behind Nemesis and grabs her waist, throwing its green decaying arm around her mouth to prevent her from screaming. Howie sniffs the air and gags turning to his side to no longer see Nemesis by his side. “Guys, guys wait! Nemesis, she’s not here with us!” Howie mutters quaking from the sudden cold and fear that embraced him. Damaris turns around and sees in the moonlight Nemesis kicking the beast straight in its jugular. The zombie groans and bends over as Nemesis pulls out a sword from behind her and slices the beast’s head straight in the center. The zombie cries out a straggled groan before its head split open, collapsing in two pieces onto the ground. A sickening splat accompanies the splattered pieces as it hits the ground. The sickly yellow and red liquid splashes onto the ground and on to Nemesis. At that point, Howie kneels over as a rising stinging feeling of his upset stomach notified him of the food that will join him on the ground. In a few, he was spitting out the last contents of his so called dinner.

As Howie raises his head, he feels himself pushed to the ground roughly as Nemesis yells out, “Stay on the ground. I got your back.” Nemesis screams out as an on coming zombie like creature rushed towards her. A few more zombies step into the clearing and begin going after Cabal who swiftly eliminated them. Damaris runs over to Howie who was curled into a ball and screams out.

“Easy there boy. Its just me.” Damaris whispers, helping Howie back up to his feet. Howie shakes as the groans of the zombies around them creep closer. Nemesis shoots a few bullets and then pulls out a metal fan, slicing it through the zombie’s limbs. She shredded the creatures that were surrounding her as her laughter echoes in the night.

‘Think she enjoys this?” Cabal smirks towards Damaris attention,

“What do you think?” Damaris giggles as she kicks away a bloody limb that went flying in her direction. After the bloody battle, the dead corpses littered the ground around them as Cabal takes a deep breath.

“Smell that?” Cabal asks cockily.

Nemesis raises her light eyebrows and smirks, “The smell of victory, always a refreshing scent.”

“Same here girl.” Damaris whispers happily as a shaken Howie gulps and slowly stands besides Cabal.

Cabal peers over to Howie and shakes his head, “You could have kicked its behind if you wanted to, you know.”

“I was told to stay on the ground.” Howie whispers softly feeling the boring of Nemesis’s eyes on him.

“That’s Nemesis for you. She wanted to get rid of all the zombies all by her self. Makes her feel adequate.” Cabal hisses as Nemesis flips her middle off at him.

“Don’t mind if I do. Never tried it with a human, I might be too wild for you.” Cabal talks smoothly.

Nemesis snorts, “Doubt it sweetie. You’ll be missing with the wrong kind of woman.”

“And this is where I tell the both of you to shut up and move.” Damaris cuts in, tugging on Howie’s arm.

Cabal chuckles and continues to lead the group back down the road to continue their destination.
~*~

“Uh, uh.” Whispers Brian as he cleans off the rest of the blood stained sleeve over a sink, “I can’t do this again. We killed over five people this past hour. We got to stop doing this!” He cries out, staring at A.J. who stands there annoyed.

“Well gee Rok. That’s funny hearing that from you when only a few minutes ago you were chewing on a young woman in the club!” A.J. responds sarcastically, “Look, obviously there’s some sick thing that awaken something within us which leads us to kill. I hate the feeling but I don’t have any control over it. It’s like a second limb. Its apart of me and I need it. If it leaves I’m just an empty vessel within myself.”

“My, that sounds like quite a deep thought you just shared with us. That’s a surprise.” Nick mumbles, getting a middle finger shown to him by A.J. as they leave the bathroom and settle in a booth in the corner of the club.

“Love ya too, J. So you think Kevin found Howie?” Nick asks leaning back on the soft red booth inside a night club called the “Shangolay.”

“Yeah.” A.J. whispers, a smile crawling on his face as the dancers parade around the multiple metal poles, sliding and gyrating around the club.

“We lost him, he’s paying attention to the dancers rather than us.” Brian chuckles as a waitress in a red tight lace see through Chinese dress ask to take their orders.

A.J. smiles and chuckles as a dancer straddles him and gyrates a dance move on his lap. Nick rolls his eyes as A.J. pulls out a ten dollar bill and slips it between one of her lace black bra straps. The woman smiles and kisses him on the neck before sexily dancing over to another man who entered the club.

“Well…” Brian slowly says, running his fingers through his sandy reddish hair. He clears his throat as Kevin enters the club and spots them. A.J. slides over in the booth to the corner as Kevin slides in.

Kevin’s eyes lit up in glee as he wiggles his right hand to show off the ruby ring.

“What! Oh man! Kev you have it!” A.J. yells out as the others tell him to quiet down.

‘So what do you feel? Stronger or something? What does the ring to for you?” Brian asks curiously. Kevin shrugs his shoulders and pulls off the ring.

“I don’t feel any different. I guess we’ll have to find out later huh?” Kevin smirks as he places the ring in the center of the mahogany table they’re at.

“Hmmm…” Brian whispers as they all lean closer to the table and stare at the ring that would define their purpose tonight.
~*~

“Uh, uh. No way! Cabal I’m not going in!” Nemesis yells, throwing her arms in the air in distress.

“Why are you freaking out?” Howie mutters, shoving his hands down his pockets nervously.

“Um, Howie have you ever heard of this night club? This is a gentlemen’s club. You know, where there are strippers and such, taking off their clothes to entertain men.” Damaris smirks as Cabal laughs deeply. Howie blushes brightly as keeps his eyes on the ground.

“Ok, let me go through this again. You want me to go in there and be one of those trashy dancers?!” Nemesis grumbles, her sapphire emerald orbs gleaming in rage.

“It’s the only way for you girls to get in!” Cabal grumbles, “Don’t make this any harder. I’ll go set you guys up and see if they’ll take you in now.” Cabal mumbles and disappears to the front of the club.

The bright flashing red letters flash on and off as Nemesis glares at Damaris.

“What’s with the look?” Damaris asks, her petite self looking up at her friend.

“Oh like you’re all cool with this, come on girl. Don’t tell me you’re all excited to go in that club dressed like a hooch.” Nemesis mumbles crossing her arms across her chest.

“Ahem. You should check what you gotta wear when you’re performing at the club. At least the outfit I have covers more of my body.” Damaris states, twirling a thin strand of her dark chocolate locks in her hands.

“WHAT!! What did Cabal get me to wear in there?”

“You’ll see.” Howie states, his eyes diverting away from a staring Nemesis.

Cabal comes out the back door of the club with a smile on his face, “You girls are in. The manager of the club stated to enter through this way and I’ll go get the clothes I picked out for you.”

Nemesis sent a glare towards his direction as both women sigh and enter the doorway.

Once inside the club, the harsh lights of the back stage greeted the group. Howie and Cabal stare around, watching the strippers walking and preparing to perform. The pounding music in the front of the stage pulsated throughout the club as Cabal runs over to a row of clothes and throws them towards the girls. Nemesis growls as an army mini skirt was fling into her arms. A tight thin strap army top with rips in it was tossed towards her as Cabal appears in front of her with a pair of high black stilettos.

“Oh give me a break! You lost it you know that!” Nemesis barks at him as she rudely snatches the pair of shoes off his hands.

“I see you’re thrilled with it. There’s a dressing room in the corner over there. When you’re done, wire up. I have a head set connected to us. All you gotta go as I explained already to you is scope out the place and find the guys. Talk through the head set and let us know. I can already tell this place is full of them. The vampires have reorganized themselves here.” Cabal states handing over to Damaris a red lace cotton flowing ripped skirt that exposed part of her thigh. Damaris snorts and flings the clothes back at Cabal.

“You bugging right? That’s not gonna fit this body.” Damaris states, rolling her eyes at him.

“Not you too. Maris, please. You girls are the only way to get the info we need. We just can’t go blast through this club and kill everyone here. There’s too many innocent people caught in this place and we can’t afford mistakes.” Cabal hisses handing her the skirt and a revealing thin strapped red lace top. Damaris frowns and shakes her head as she and Nemesis walks away to change.

Howe clears his throat and sighs, “Oh, are you sure this is appropriate? This seems a little unfair to the girls. They feel so uncomfortable.”

Cabal sighs and nods his head, “I know. But this is an undercover unit. We can’t show our faces. The guys will recognize you and they already know me. Plus I can tell Demetrius is around here somewhere.”

Nemesis stands in the small dressing stall and staring at a mirror, grumbling at her outfit. She could not believe she was wearing such clothes or want was left of it. She was glad her mother wasn’t around to see this. She places her hands over the too short mini army skirt and high black stilettos. Her snowy complexion stood out among the green and brown and beige in the clothes. She tugs on the military colored top, adjusting the straps of the top. Series of her skin were exposed from the intentional holes in the shirt as she fixes the head set, placing the microphone inches away from her face. She closes her soft light eyes and lets her hair loose. The golden tresses fall softly on her shoulders and she places the final item- an army hat. Mumbling the entire way, she flings open the dressing stall door, knocking down a woman who fell painfully on the floor. Gasping, Nemesis apologizes and with her cheeks flushed helps the woman stand up.

“Again I’m so sorry, I didn’t know you were there. Another wise I wouldn’t have done that.” Nemesis whispers softly as the woman smiles and rubs her rib cage gently.

“Its ok, I didn’t hurt myself. It’s no one fault just a mishap. Nothing to get mad at alright.” The woman whispers smiling, her costume was of a dominatrix as she picks up her black whip and steps behind the curtains ready to get on stage.

Cabal shakes his head and walks up to Nemesis, “So, I see you’re ready. I’m gonna make sure this head set should be connected to our tracer and our communication box. Just press the button on the side of your ear to talk to us if you find anything. And trust me I’ll know you’ll be using that.”

Nemesis nods her head and sighs, “I would’ve just gone bursting through the door and shut them up but since you so…”

“Nemesis, there are more vampires in this club than us four. We can be dead in a matter of minutes if we did that.” Cabal states as Nemesis gazes at him with a smirk on her face.

“And you’re supposed to be what?” Nemesis asks, her finger pointing at him and Howie.

“Just customers. We have a pair of shades and hat. Nothing big. Plus I’m donned in the finest leather this place has to offer.” Cabal smiles, standing proudly. As Howie places a pair of shades over his own eyes.

“Nemesis when you hear the name Sergeant Mistress, that’s your cue to go on. That’s what your name is in the costume.” Cabal whispers enjoying the shocked look that cross Nemesis’s face.

“Cabal, if you fall asleep tonight, make sure you sleep with one eye open.” Nemesis growls as she picks up her pistol and stands behind the curtains waiting for her ‘name’ to be called.

“She’s ecstatic you can tell.” Cabal whispers to Howie loud enough for Nemesis to hear who growls and throws a wad of paper at his head.

Damaris opens the white dressing stall and steps out nervously. ‘What am I doing. God I feel like a idiot and must look ridiculous in this stupid outfit.’ She thinks to herself, staring at the 360 degree mirror in the dressing stall. She tugs on the flimsy red lace top and the short cotton skirt that exposed more of her leg and curves than she ever wanted to. Grumbling the entire time she wondered why she even agreed to this stupid plan of Cabal’s. Letting her chocolate locks down pass her shoulders, she smiles and tilts her head. “Ready as I’ll ever be.” She whispers, quickly stepping out the stall and reaching Cabal.

“Great, you’re ready too. By the way the two of you look absolutely amazing.” Cabal whispers with a grin on his face. He quickly places a head set on her and pushes her behind Nemesis.

“Alright, your name in the costume is ‘Lady Lolita’ Cabal explains as Howie burst out in laughter.

Damaris pushes Cabal away as she crosses her arms, “God so screw you guys. You guys suck so much.”

Howie holds his laughter and sniffs, the corners of his lips still showing the reminisces of his laughter. “I’m so sorry. You guys look beautiful though and you don’t need clothing to tell you that ok?” Howie whispers as Nemesis smiles gently and nods her head.

“Thanks.” She whispers as the host takes the stage and begins to announce the next performer.

“Hey gentlemen our next entertainer goes by the name of Sergeant Mistress. She’ll get all of you men into shape and behave. When she says do a push up, make sure you do it well. She hates the disobedient ones and make you do push ups if you don’t listen to her. Guys lets welcome her onto the stage, Sergeant Mistress.” Howls and whistles poured in the club as Nemesis gets ready to take stage. The minute she hears rock song “Bring Me to Life” she takes a deep breath and steps on to the small circular stage, trying her best to stay sexy. She clumsily makes her way over to a metal pole that stood in the center of the stage as she scans the audience. Her eyes narrow as she spots the four men of the group sitting in the corner staring at her with interest. She turns her back to the audience and bends straight down hoping to distract the audience as she pushes the red button to communicate with the group backstage. “Guys, I see them. Their in the corner, stage left. All four of them. Seems they have the ring. And by the looks of it , they want to see what it can do.”

The static of the head set makes it unclear for her to hear the response back stage, so she continues to dance around and reaches the edge of the stage.

Guys were whistling at her and tugging on her leg to come down off the stage. Sighing she jumps off and pulls out her pistol walking over to the four men in the corner.

“Oh yeah, damn, I got her!” Nick shouts out as he leaps off his seat and waits for Nemesis to approach him. Nick smiles as Nemesis sexily trails the point of her gun down his chest until she reached his crotch. She was so tempted to pull the trigger, but contained herself. The plan would fail she did things on her own. Nick laughs and pulls her close as his fangs appear. Nemesis gulps and backs away hoping Nick wouldn’t recognize her. Suddenly the host stands back up on stage and introduces Damaris’s character, “Lady Lolita”

Nemesis continues her journey around the four men, spying the ring in the center of the table. She suddenly feels strong arms pulls her into a body. She turns in time to see Kevin smiling, running his fingers through her blonde locks. “You’re so pretty. I could have sworn I’ve seen such a pretty angel as yourself somewhere. Have we met?”

Nemesis shakes her head rapidly and refuses to talk for they would instantly recognize her if she spoke.

“So sergeant Mistress, I’ve been a bad boy. Want me to do push ups?”

Nemesis smiles and whispers into his ear, “Drop and give me twenty.” She disguises her voice as Kevin raises his eyebrows and laugh as he kneels down and looks at her as he does the push ups. Nick laughs and grabs for her as Damaris on stage see Nemesis in danger. Damaris sexily walks over the edge of the stage as she blows a kiss out into the audience of horny men. She twirls on the pole and sees Demetrius in the hidden shadows on the balcony watching her. Pushing on the small button in her head set, she whispers to Cabal that all are here. Cabal says he’s making his way in the front entrance of the club. She spots Howie and Cabal grab a seat near the center of the stage. Nodding his head as a signal, Damaris leaps off stage and dances her way over through the pile of stroking hands and whistles of men and reaching where Nemesis was at. Quickly thinking, she grabs A.J. who was close to touching Nemesis and slams the man on the floor with a move. A.J. gasps and breaths deeply, he hisses out: “I like being on top.”

Damaris put on a smile and hisses into his ear, “Well not tonight. Besides its too much work. Let me do it.” Her brown locks caress his face. A.J. laughs as she feels an arm pick her up. She turns in time to see Brian looking at her.

“You’re a bit fresh now aren’t we?” Brian whispers as Nemesis glances at her partner and watches Cabal and Howie slowly help out the victims in the club find an exit to leave. Some men put up a protest and finally Nemesis growls and pulls out her pistol screaming loudly over the pounding music.

“The hell with this plan. My turn!” Nemesis yells out and begins shooting at the vampires in the club. Nick and Kevin race over to topple Nemesis. While running, Nick grabs the ring off the table and places it on his finger as a bullet crashes into his chest. He feels stun and takes a few feet back in surprise as the bullet slams into his body. He could hear the loud crying and yelling for help as Brian. A.J. and Kevin stare in shock at Nick. Nick smiles and places his fingers over the bullet wound, pulling out the imbedded bullet on his right side.

“Nick! Are you ok?” Kevin shrieks out as Nick smiles and flashes the ring.

Kevin laughs as he and Brian kick the pistol out of Nemesis’s hands. Cabal and Howie try to make their way towards the girls but the crowd of men panicking and running around made it near in possible for them to reach them.

Damaris stands up and feels A.J. grab her and throw her across a table. She sails and lands painfully on her back as she gets up watching Brian and A.J. approaching her. She runs and jumps onto the edge of the low balcony above her, climbing up onto safety. She crawls up the wooden planks of the balcony and hears the pounding of A.J. landing onto the balcony behind her.

“Where do you think you’re going?” A.J growls. Damaris crawls on her knees and was about to stand up when she feels him grab her by the hair and slam her head against the wall. She winces in pain and faces A.J. kicking him away from her. He grunts and backs a few inches away giving Damaris enough time to pull out a sharp blade hidden in her red stilettos. She flings the blade towards A.J.’s crotch as he backs away, his back hitting the wall behind him. The blade was a milliliter away from cutting him or so he thought. The loud music still pounded loudly as the screams downstairs were lessening. A.J. peers down at the blade that could have almost cut anything vital down there in his privates. Smiling, A.J. still breathing heavily, laughs and yells out, “You missed.”

Damaris stands up wobbling and walks near A.J. smiling, “No. I never miss.”

And A.J. in shock peers back down at his privates to see a trail of blood seeping down his jean covered thigh. “Wh, what?!”

And with that Damaris runs back over to the balcony and jumps down to the main floor.

Nemesis makes her way towards Howie and Cabal, shooting any vampires that got in her way. “Where’s Damaris?”

Cabal points up and sees Damaris jumping down from the balcony joining the group.

“I say we leave now!” Howie screams out as the others nods and race out the club. They reach the exit and ran away from the vampires that had taken over the area.

Nemesis runs after the group trying to catch up to them but too many people where in the way. She was about to make a run in a path that cleared she feels a loud pounding over her head. The next thing she realizes before she welcomed the black darkness was Brian holding a small pistol in his hands. “Good night miss sergeant. You had quite the fight tonight. Sleep for now. The party just started.” And with that Nemesis falls on the dirt ground knocked out.
~**~

**~To Be Continued…~**