- Text Size +
A/N: Hey I’m back with an update, please try to leave a review if you can. Thanks and enjoy!

“The Blood Pact”

**~Caught In A Web~**

She looks up dizzily, squinting at the harsh lights that surrounded her. She sees Demetrius prodding her on her ribcage and dabbing a wet napkin onto a small wound located there.

“Welcome back Nemesis. I was beginning to worry.” Demetrius chuckles, his dark eyes piercing her.

Nemesis snorts and rolls her eyes as she quickly reaches to her wound and glares at him, “I’m surprised you’re still standing and alive. I really thought you died back at the club.” She tries to reach her abdomen but was surprised to see thick black chains cuffed around her wrists and ankles pulling her arms back. “Oh hell no!”

“Oh yes. You didn’t really think I’d let you free like that now do you?” Demetrius whispers, the white fangs glimmering in the harsh light. He leans close to her and pulls out an antique blade, the golden and ruby crested handle glimmering in the florescent light.

“Oh honey, I’m just fine. Thanks for asking.” Demetrius grumbles and continues, “Nice plan though you and your little friends try to come up with. But you know, you should really work on the dance thing cause I’m not sure what you were doing on stage seemed appealing.” Demetrius states with a smug look on his face as he lifts up a piece of the shredded military tank top with the tip of his blade.

Nemesis raises her middle finger at him. “God I hate you. You’re just like the other vampires. There’s no such thing as good vampires, you’re better off dead just like the rest of them.” She growls, struggling against the cold metal that detained her.

Demetrius shakes his head, “Oh Nemesis, why are you so angry?” He hisses, a small grin appearing on his lips.

“Oh gee, let’s see. You betrayed me and Damaris for your own personal vengeance and now are out to kill every innocent soul in this state along with my family and friends. Plus you have a thing of wanting to see us dead, so I think that should add up to why I’m pissed!” Nemesis seethes, her sapphire emerald orbs burn in rage as she thrashes around, pulling and tugging on the metal chains that embraced her wrists and ankles. Her golden locks lies widely across her shoulders and down her back as she twists and turns in the chains.

“Oh that…” Demetrius chuckles before continuing, “Well honey, come o that’s part of my plans, but if it helps… I’d bother to have you and your little friend alive enough to lead me to the one needed. It seems your friend that you have acquainted with is the chosen one.” Demetrius whispers slowly.

Nemesis snorts and giggles, “Yeah dude we already figured out that one. He had the ring on him before his friends who you turned against us took it. So they have it, if you care at all. I don’t personally know why you have me here but I can assure you that I’ll leave this place with your blood on my hands and laugh the entire time.”

“Feisty! I always loved that about you! Tell you what. You want to kick some butt, how about I bring one of the fellows for you to have fun with. What do you say?” Demetrius smiles, pulling out a golden key chain that dangled from his black trench coat pocket.

Nemesis smirks and raises her hands in fists, “Sure, go ahead. I don’t mind. I’ll show you how I’ll your kill buddies before getting to you. You really should watch: you could learn a thing or two.”

“My, my, my. All mouth: now let’s see if you can back that up.” Demetrius growls, unlocking the chains from Nemesis’s ankles and wrists. Nemesis immediately leaps off the cold metal table that she was lying on and crouches onto the metal tiles, creeping away from him as he watches in interest not bothering to go after her. Placing his hands on the edge of the table, he keeps his eyes on her as she stands up and faces him with a smile on her face.

“You’re right. I wanna fight. How about we go at it now?” Nemesis whispers, a small grin plastered on her face.

Demetrius raises his eyebrows and smiles shaking his head, clenching his fists, he calls her to him, “Come on Neme, you always had that fire burning in you.”

Nemesis wasted no time and fumbles in her pockets to note that all her weapons were taken away from her when she arrived at the Dark Falls Society.

“Na uh. No weapons. Just you.” Demetrius hisses, jumping on top of the metal table, sending it flying towards her direction. She dodges the on coming object and looks around the bare room: only a pair of glass panes windows aligned the west side of the room while the walls was polished in thick red bricks. Only one entrance and exit to the room lied in the center of the walls: its rusty bolts and copper knob called to her to leave. But it seemed Demetrius was faster than her and raced to the door before her. Standing in front of the door, he laughs and crosses his arms across his chest.

Nemesis growls in frustration and stands before the vampire, “Move.” She seethes quietly. Demetrius simply laughs and shakes his head. “I’m only gonna say this one more time, do you hear me? I said move.”

Demetrius smiles and places his right hand on the wall besides him, pushing a small jagged edge brick out of its place. Suddenly the ground shakes and Nemesis confused stumbles back onto a wall in which black metal chains snaked its way out of the small openings in the walls and grabs her ankles and wrists again. She yells and struggles as the ground stops its movement and Demetrius pulls his hand away from the brick, placing the brick back into its proper place. “What did I say? I said I’m going to bring you the men you were told to train. They’ll want to have a word with you about their changes. I’m sure you’ll be glad to answer their questions.”

Nemesis blurts out a vulgarity as Demetrius laughs and brushes aside his raven short locks that caressed his cheeks. “Ok, save some of the energy for the others, I’m sure they’ll want to have a more hand to hand conversation with you.”

“Bite me!” Nemesis smirks at the irony of her statement. Demetrius simply chuckles and shakes his head,

“Ahhh, what I wouldn’t love to. But alas, I can’t get rid of you just yet.” He whispers, stepping out of the room. Standing in the threshold of the door, he smiles and whispers, “Now don’t go anywhere, do you here?”

Nemesis screams out and tugs on the chains that withheld her as Demetrius laughter chuckles and echoes in the room after his disappearance.

“What a bastard.” Nemesis growls as she inhales a deep breath and waits.
~*~

Cabal paces nervously beside the road side, glancing at his watch every five minutes or so.

“They have her right?” Damaris whispers, gulping and trying to regain her normal heart rate.

Cabal gulps and nods his head, “Yeah, unfortunately. She almost got trampled back there and one of the guys shot her with a dart. So I’m assuming they took her back to the Dark Falls Society main control center.”

“Is that around here?” Howie whispers, he glances wearily around as the anxiety rose deep within him.

“Somewhat, it’s a good walking distance though. We might have to get vehicles.” Cabal whispers, tugging on his lower lip.

“Cool, what do you have in mind?” Damaris asks, the gentle cool wind blows on her chocolate locks.

“Demetrius told me once about a used automobile shop where the owner is a vampire, the guy had the newest or at least the best vehicles around to get anywhere. Heard the man charged a reasonable price for it as well. That could be our way out. So what do you guys think?” Cabal asks, his dark eyes staring at the two worn and tired humans.

“Whatever. I lost my friends already. Like it’ll matter now.” Howie states glumly. He turns as he feels a small squeeze on his shoulder from Damaris.

“I’m sorry. I know this wasn’t part of your night out, but you see how important you are to this whole thing right?” Damaris whispers.

Howie shakes his head, “No, I’m just hoping it’s a nightmare and Nick would shut off the movie on the screen and I can wake up and laugh.”

“Guess you should hold off on the laughter buddy. Sorry to disappointment you, but this is real, no warp dream can take you to this type of horror. It’ll only get more worse before it gets any better.” Cabal sighs.

Damaris sighs, “Why can’t we just kill the leader. Think about it, once the leader is gone, the followers will disperse. There will only be chaos and the end of the vampire reign.”

Cabal smiles as Howie finally asks the question, “That’s sounds good and all, but do you know who the leader is?”

Damaris smirks, “No, but I’m sure Cabal here knows who that can be, right?”

Cabal shakes his head, “Sorry. But Liam and Demetrius started the whole thing as far as I know. You can’t kill them, they’re too powerful and trained you. You can’t go up against them cause they’ll know your every move.”

“Fine, then you do it. You’re a vampire, you’re supposedly the immortal one out of this little group. For Nemesis’s sake, go and kill Demetrius.” Damaris whispers, the glitter in her eyes.

Cabal laughs and shakes his head, “No can do shorty. They have too much power on their side for just any vampire to go up against them. But we have something they want.” He trails his eyes over to Howie as Damaris follows his gaze.

Howie shuffles through a gym bag and raises his head at the two, “What? What are you guys looking at?” He whispers innocently.

Damaris smiles, “You. And you’re the way to saving Nemesis.”

“Uhhh, see I don’t think that’s gonna work. Hello I’m human too, forgot!” Howie blurts out, his eyes wide in anxiety as he shakes his head.

“On the contrary Howie, you along with your friends are vampires. You are after all one of the chosen ones.” Cabal states with a point of his finger.

Howie snorts, “Uhhhhh no!! I’m not what you are?! That can’t be?”

Cabal laughs and raises Damaris’s injured finger in which a small trickle of blood leaked out of. He pulls her finger close to Howie lips as both Howie and Damaris watch on in curiosity. Suddenly Howie clutches his abdomen as he begins to inhale the strong metallic smell of blood. “God, what’s going on with me?” He hisses out in pain.

“Your senses are reacting. Once you get the first taste of blood, what was hidden in you will be released.” Cabal whispers, inching closer to Howie with Damaris’s bloody hand.

“I, I don’t like this. Stop.” Damaris whispers, desperately pulling her hand away from Cabal’s grip.

“Not yet. He’s the only way into the Dark Falls Society. They’re looking for him now as we speak. We have to get him to turn into one of them.” Cabal whispers, his eyes focus on Howie as Damaris struggles out of his grip.

“Don’t fight it Howie! You know you want it.” Cabal glares, shoving Damaris hand’s bleeding hand across Howie’s lips.

Damaris screams out as Howie nervously licks his lips and collapses on the ground.

“Holy… you killed him!” Damaris hisses out, backing away as she stumbles on her ripped red lace skirt that seemed to be lying across her waist in long layers.

“Shut up! He’s not dead. He’s changing. He’s gonna take us to them!” Cabal hisses out as Damaris was already bolting down the road in fear. Cabal runs after her and immediately catches up to her, slipping his arms around her small waist. “Stop it! You fool! If you leave like that again next time, I won’t go after you. I’m not here to baby sit you. You want to save your friend and I want the vampire colony to die but you’re not helping me here reacting like that ok?” Cabal explains to her, leading her back to where Howie was lying on the grassy roadside.

“So when he wakes up? Will he be one?” Damaris nervously asks, her hands quivering at the image.

“We’ll have to wait and see now don’t we?” Cabal whispers as Damaris gulps and watches the silver moon light shine down upon Howie’s body.
~*~

Kevin cracks his neck and stretches out in a leather recliner, throwing his long legs up on the foot stool.

Brian smiles and fiddles with his fingers while Nick sharpens his knife with a another knife.

A.J. taps his foot impatiently on the planks in the room they were told to rest in.

“This place is giving me the creeps Kev. Let’s go.” A.J. whispers, breaking the looming silence that was beginning to be comfortable in the room.

“No, where can we go A.J.? The entire vampire community is meeting here shortly to introduce us to them. Besides I think its pretty sweet living in a place like this, having people do whatever I say at my command…” Kevin gets cuts off as A.J. snorts and responds,

“Uhhh, that’s why you’re a celebrity. You already have that Kevin!” A.J. asks incredulously.

Kevin smirks, “No, that’s why you wanted to be a celebrity, to have the money, car and women. I actually enjoy doing what I do.”

“Shut up both of you!” Brian hisses out, his eyes burning a deep sapphire. “We’re all in this mess together. Obviously there’s something in the past we don’t remember but whatever it is deals with the vampires and such.”

“And about our changes too right?” Nick asks, sharpening his blade.

“Yeah.” Brian responses and jumps along with the others at the sound of the room door swing open. Nairobi enters the room and looks at the four men:

“Well, it seems we have a small surprise for you. A friend of yours is here to see you. Demetrius will come here and explain, just be on your best behavior, I’m sure she’ll have info we’ll need to conquer that human race.” She states, her raven black curls, tumble down her back over her caramel complexion.

Kevin stands up and pulls out a small switch blade from inside his sleeves, he along with the others in the group knew they had to stop the top ranking vampires and she was one of them. If they can kill the proper vampires maybe they can have their lives back, but the way they see it, it could already be too late. Kevin stands besides Nairobi and thrust the switch blade into Nairobi’s ribcage quickly before she knew was happening. The blade slides through her skin and she lets out a shriek as the dark crimson liquid sputters out into large drops. Kevin smiles as she grabs him by the arms and screams in pain. The other three guys gather around her as she slides to her knees and cries out to help her.

Brian smiles and spits on her face as Nick glances at the newly sharpen knife in his hand and throws it towards her direction. The knife hit its target as the quiet cries of Nairobi stops. A.J. smiles and looks at the knife imbedded into Nairobi’s beautiful face, the tip of the metal protruding from the center of her left eye that once used to blink in pure evilness, now drained away leaving behind the empty vessel of what once used to be human. Nairobi collapses dead on the floor, the blood seeping out of her body and spreading out like a wild fire. The rich blood touches the tip of Kevin’s boots as it begins to spread out.

A.J. whistles and pats Nick on the shoulder, “Wow! Got her on the first hit. Nice job, I didn’t think you’d kill her like that.”

“So that’s leave the other woman and the three men then.” Brian whispers, a smile crawling on his face.

“Yup, shouldn’t be too hard. I think I can take Liam with the ring on.” Nick states, twirling the ruby ring on his index finger.

Kevin shakes his head and grabs the ring, “Forget it. I have a better plan. How about we…”

Kevin stops mid-sentence the moment the door swings open, Demetrius stepping into the threshold. The four gasp and back away thinking Demetrius would hurt them for killing off one of the members of the vampire society. But instead to their utter surprise, Demetrius glances at the body on the floor and steps over her with a smile on his face.

“Hello gentlemen. Sorry about the hold up, but I have a surprise for you. An old friend is here to see you. I just wanted to know if you’re interested to seeing her, you can come with me now.” Demetrius whispers happily with a smirk on his face.

Brian gulps, “Who is it?”

“You’ll see.” Demetrius states.

“Wait. No, I’m not interested.” Kevin hisses, pulling the switchblade out of Nairobi’s corpse.

“When you see who it is, then you’ll want to talk to her.” Demetrius smirks, clapping his hands.

Nick frowns and shakes his head, before seeping out a profanity, “We trusted you. We played your stupid games, listening to you to prepare for battle. Well guess what. You can’t make us anymore. I’m out, in fact we all are. Don’t bother going after us, we’re the ones in charge, we have the one thing you can’t touch.” Nick whispers, raising his pointer finger to show the ruby ring.

Demetrius growls and pulls out a magnum, pointing it all the men, “No, as for now, my brother Liam and I are in charge and we only needed you to get the ring for us.”

“But Laim stated we’re the chosen ones. He got us because he himself along with any other vampire can’t possess the jewelry, it’s too powerful and only those with internal power can possess it.” A.J. smirks at the surprised looks his friends gave him. “What? I was bored, I needed to read something.” A.J. states, his eyes wondered over to a small manual on the coffee table.

Kevin shrugs his shoulders, “Well I’m sure the kid’s right then. You heard that Demetrius, you lost out. We have the ring and you can’t do a damn thing about it.”

Demetrius growls and raises his magnum at Kevin, “Oh but I can!” He hisses and pulls the trigger on the magnum, setting loose an array of bullets. Nick throws the ring to Kevin who catches it as a bullet grazed his ear. The other bullets pummeled his body but fall to the ground after touching Kevin. Kevin stands unharmed as the bullets fall to the ground, not hurting an ounce of him.

Demetrius shrieks out and begins shooting at all the men as they take cover and hide behind the velvet red furniture. Demetrius stops shooting as the last bullet leaves the caliber. “Damn.”

“Ahhh, too bad. All out and nothing you can do about it.” A.J. hisses, creeping out the back of a sofa.

“Forget this. I’ll be back. Liam will handle you. I’m sure I can kill Nemesis myself.” Demetrius whispers as the men shout out to leave her alone. “Ahhh, sorry, so sorry. But she and I will have a talk now. You be good guys and not kill anyone else for now ok.”

“Piss off.” Brian hisses, his sharp fangs glow in the light.

“In do time. I have things to take care of first. I’ll kill you all later. I don’t have time for your pestilence. With that, I leave.” And the front door slams shut, making the four men jump from the surprise.

“Just great, our former vampire so called buddy is against us and we’re told to wait. This is nice. This is the way I always wanted to spend my Saturday nights.” A.J. whispers sarcastically, slumping in a sofa across from Nairobi’s dead body, watching the long trails of blood trace the cracks on the floor.

“What a day. You guys have no idea how much this sucks.” Nick murmurs, slumping on the wall.
“I think I can guess, try a cup or two.” Brian whispers, fiddling with his fingers.

“Damn, we drank that much all together?” Kevin asks, kicking away Nairobi’s body towards the corner of the room.

“No, that’s how much Nick took already. You however, top all of us.” Brian whispers, as Kevin snorts and collapses into a seat cleaning the blood off his switch blade.

“We have work to do. One down, an army left.” Kevin whispers as the guys take a seat and wait for Demetrius to come back and finish him.
~**~

**~To Be Continued…~**