- Text Size +
“The Blood Pact”


**~The Devil’s Home~**

Nemesis growls as the door swings opens, she raises her head as she struggles against the black chains that held her. Orion steps into the room with a smile on his face as he guides the four chosen ones into the room. Nemesis gasps to see the four men changed. Within their eyes their innocence was taken away and they have stepped into another world that was awaiting them. A.J. smiles and waves Orion away as the four of them enter the room and stare at Nemesis.

Brian coughs and shakes his head, “Hey Nemesis. Long time no see. So how was it hanging out with Howie? I mean you know he’s becoming something you don’t even know about.”

Nemesis hisses, “Leave that man alone, he seems to be the only good coming out of this group so far, the four of you need more than psychological help. I heard about the killings you did in the club.”

“Good, we wanted news to travel fast.” A.J. whispers, standing in front of her, caressing her cheek with his finger. “I was dying to get my hands on you. Me and Nick are so happy to see you. I want to show you what your little friend Damaris showed us. Would you like to see?”

Nemesis snorts and rolls her eyes, “I’ll pass on that, how about another time?”

“How about now?” Kevin whispers, his emerald orbs shining through the moonlight that gleamed through the glass pane windows.

Nemesis smiles and tilts her head, “Na, but that’s ok. I’m sure I’ll make it up to you later.” She growls, her golden tresses lied wildly about her shoulders as she struggles and thrashes on the chains.

“Here, let me help you.” Nick whispers, his fangs showing clearly.

“We’re not here to hurt you…yet.” Brian stalled, curling his fists to his side.

“Hmmmmm, you have a way with words Brian.” Nemesis states, tugging on one of the black chains on her right ankle.

A.J. nods his head to his three friends as he pulls out a black magnum and points it towards Nemesis’s wrist where one of the black cuffs was located.

“What, what are you doing?” Nemesis gulps, her instincts where back firing on her: she couldn’t trust what this man was going to do. He couldn’t be sending her free, can he? He was her enemy as far as she knew and he along with the other three could no longer be trusted.

“What ever they did to you just got you on my wanted list.” Nemesis giggles out, the pure fear and anger running through her body tickled her with joy.

“Are we number one? I always loved being first.” A.J. whispers seductively, tracing the cold magnum vertically down Nemesis’s chest between her bosoms.

Nemesis throws her head back in excitement and growls out, “No. You’re new buddy Liam and Demetrius take that place. Put you guys are rounding up enough points to be second.”

“Ain’t nothing wrong with coming in second right?” Nick whispers seductively as he slowly makes his way towards her.

“I thought you guys wanted to talk.” Nemesis hisses as Kevin paces silently besides her.

“Yeah.” Kevin answers, looking at the gentle ocean emerald orbs of Nemesis.

“So talk.” She states rudely, pulling forward on the chains so as to be only mere inches away from Kevin’s neck.

Kevin smiles and pushes Nemesis roughly against the brick wall.

“Oof.” She growls out, as pain shot up her spine. She glares at him as he shakes his finger to a ‘no’.

“Let’s be nice Nemesis. I have a surprise for you.” Kevin states, a smile crawling on his face.

Suddenly Brian and Nick exit the room and in seconds came back carrying a child size black body bag into the dungeon like room. Nemesis’s breath caught in her chest as she sees the body bag dumped on the tiled floor.

“Curious to see what’s inside there?” A.J. asks, his dark eyes reflect the pure madness behind them as he kneels down and tugs on the zipper. The magnum was still pointed towards Nemesis’s direction.

“Wait, wanna make a guess as to what or should I who is in there?” Brian chuckles, his almost innocent reddish golden hair seems to contrast with the evil that lurks within the body.

“If you killed anyone one of my relatives. Prepare to die.” Nemesis states seriously, her eyes glued to the body bag.

A.J. smirks as he tugs on the zipper, opening the bag as a small body tumbles out of it. He could hear Nemesis’s gasps as she screams out in agony as a small blond haired boy stared blindly at the dark ceilings. His small lifeless body was kept untouched except for the small punctures on the child’s wrists and neckline on his pale snowy complexion. His golden shaggy locks cover the child’s head peacefully like a blanket. His azure emerald eyes seemed frozen in agony as he lied there dead before all to see.

Nemesis shrieks out as tears flooded her eyes. They couldn’t have done this, this couldn’t be real. These men wouldn’t gone and killed an innocent child: let alone her own brother.

She knew if she left this place that she will have to return for her brother's body so he can get the proper burial he deserves.

“Nemesis, if it helps, he asks for you before he closed his eyes. You know he’s quite the dramatic one in dying. He wouldn’t let up. Sounds like someone we know here. Guess it must run in the family. Poor thing, wanted to be brave like his older sister, little did he know that she’ll join him tonight as well.” Kevin calmly whispers as he lifts up the boy’s corpse in his arms.

Nemesis shakes her head and screams out, as she weakly struggled against the chains. The wet tears streaked her face as she collapses on her knees and sobs. Her military torn tank top was wet with her tears that crashed down endlessly in pain.

“Ah, there, there. No need to get this sad about it. It was meant to be. You should have known your family was in danger the moment Dark Falls came down here. It was Orion’s request really. We just followed his orders.” Brian states, pulling out a machete from behind his long leather jacket and smiles.

Nemesis looks up at the on coming figure with the weapon. Through her blurry vision, she could make out his figure swinging the sword around before her. Her ears rang out as the sound of gun shots whizzes pass her shoulders. Suddenly she feels the cold chains slide off her wrists and ankles, dropping with a clink to the metal tiles. Smiling, she straightens up and stands before all four of them, taking in what the next action will be from them.

“I told you I wasn’t going to harm you.” A.J. states, placing the pistol back in his holster.

Nick holds out his hand towards Nemesis who nervously grabs his hand.

Suddenly the door to the room swings open as Orion steps inside the room, “Alright, Kevin. I’ll need you and two more of your buddies to help me out. We’re setting up for tonight’s ritual. Nemesis you should honored you’ll be a witness to this little escapade.”

Nemesis gulps and watches on in confusion as Orion steps within the room to gather Brian, A.J. and Kevin. While all the distraction occurred, Nemesis managed to pull off the rip metal cuffs that hung weakly around her ankles and wrists.

Nick smiles as the others leave the room. Kevin quickly pulls Nick aside, “Hey Nick. Watch her. Whatever you do, don’t let her leave. Do you here?”

“No prob Kev, she ain’t got no where to go. I got it covered.”

“Good, we’ll be back fast, just gotta fix up a few things downstairs in the red room.” Kevin smirks as Orion smiles and places his heavy dark arm around Kevin’s shoulder’s ushering him out of the room. Once the door closes, Nick turns to look at Nemesis.

“Well it seems we’re alone.” Nick whispers huskily, his eyes open wide as he steps over the small dead corpse on the ground.

Nemesis clutches her fist against her side, she was going to make sure that man will never see the sight of daylight again, “Why did you kill him? He was innocent. He did nothing to you.” Her voice cracks as her heart lied shattered in her chest.

She stares at her younger sibling in agony as the deep internal pain dwelled within her burning soul.

“Like I said, I was only taking orders. This or my family suffers.” Nick’s voice booms in the small room.

“Sure, right. Because you don’t give damn about others. You figured screw everyone else, as long as you’re safe.” Nemesis threatens as she takes a bold step towards the man.

Nick remains standing unaffected in front of her and shrugs his shoulders, “Hey you make it sound like I don’t have conscious.”

“You don’t!” Nemesis growls out as her hands shot out to grab for Nick’s arm. Nick moves back in time to give her swift kick right in the chest.

“Don’t make me hurt you!” Nick seethes out, backing away from Nemesis who seemed shocked about the kick before smiling.

“Hurt me?! HA! Why don’t you try that again? Go on, I dare ya!” Nemesis states, approaching Nick again. It seemed Nick look petrified for a moment before pulling out a thin blade and flinging it towards Nemesis’s face.

The knife flew directly towards Nemesis’s face and without so much as a blink, she stopped the knife with both of her palms only a millimeter away from slamming into the center of her forehead.

Nick whistles and nods his head, “Nice, I knew you gonna do that.”

Nemesis growls and throws the knife on the floor as she sails through the air with a flying kick. Nick quickly grabs her leg as she was landing and slams her body against the rough jagged edge walls. She swings her body around and thrust her caught leg towards his chest, pulling him away from her. He stumbles back for a moment as Nemesis runs into the darkness and shadows in the edges of the room, concealing her from him.

Nick dust himself off and sighs heavily. He narrows his eyes, stepping forward, scanning the room for the woman. “Nemesis, honey where are you? I like your moves. Can you show them to me? I’ll be good I promise.”

Nemesis breathes deeply as she walks into the dark corners of room, watching Nick scan the room around waiting for her appearance. Smiling, she thought of a brilliant idea and leans on the brick walls. She digs her fingers on the bricks and climbs the wall, holding onto anything that could be used as a ledge. She could hear Nick mumble out a profanity before pulling out a pistol.

“You’re taking too long. Don’t act like your brother and come out and get me!” Nick tempts the woman as the anger burned in her heart. Nick could hear scratching and crawling as he looks up at the ceiling to see Nemesis holding onto the top of the old wooden chandelier, her body curled around the wooden planks of the dusty lighted item.

“Why don’t you come down and play?” Nick whispers tauntingly as Nemesis smirks.

“I thought you never asked.” And she leaps down, surprising him and tackles him to the floor roughly. She slams his back against the metal tiles as she crawls on top of him, her wet eyes glittering with anger and hatred. Nick laughs as she pulls out a small blade from within her military shorts and smirks.

“What happened? Didn’t think this lady could beat you down?”

Nick closes his month, his arms pinned down besides him by Nemesis’s weight, “Nope. Just curious to see how you’ll get out of this one.” He whispers tauntingly.

Nemesis raises her head and looks at him in confusion as she can feel the cold tip of the pistol on the back of her neck. Gulping, Nemesis raises her hands up in surrender and slowly gets up from Nick. She didn’t turn around to see who her predator was, instead she kept her eyes fixated on Nick. Nick raises his leg and slams it between her legs as she yelps out in surprise. “You little…” She was cut off as Kindel’s voice cuts in.

“My, Demetrius was right about you. You’re feisty. Why don’t you give up now? Your brother’s dead, you can’t bring him back to life even if you wanted to.” Kindel whispers, her flaming red locks caresses around her oval face.

“You wench!” Nemesis hisses, as she was about smack Kindel but Nick holds her back.

Kindel breaks into a laugh and pushes Nemesis away, “Don’t start with me little girl. I’m in no mood for your games.”

“Games? HA! I’ll show you a nice game, its called wiping your blood on the floor. I’ve been the champion for it for years. Think you can stop me?” Nemesis seethes, her light eyes gleaming in hatred.

Kindel smirks, “You’ll lose in your own little game.” She hisses and grabs Nemesis’s throat, pulling the woman onto her knees. “I dare say, you’re not what I expected at all. Demetrius mentioned you were bad, but I never thought you were so bad it looks good. I’m sent here to kill you now, but I’ll tell you what. If you can fight me and live, I won’t kill you. How about that? What do you say?”

Nemesis remains silent as Nick loosens his grip on her arms. Smiling, Nemesis spits on the ground, hitting Kindel’s black heeled boots. The clear liquid slides across her boot as Kindel raises her head angrily at Nemesis.

“You little… I see you made up your mind. Too bad, you could have lived to tell the story of a vampire colony, how sad you’ll die. And to make it bittersweet, you’ll die the exact same way your little brother did. Nick hold her, we’re gonna drain her blood out.” Kindel states, walking over to the metal medical table and pulling it towards the center of the room. “Lie her here. I’ll go start the machine up.” She whispers, walking into the shadows and finding a trap door that seemed to have hide a metal generator of some type. Nemesis struggles wildly against Nick’s grip but realized without her weapons, going up against a vampire was useless. They’re stronger than the average person and Nemesis knew she was in dangerous territory here. Nick drags her by the hair as she hisses and pelts him with kicks. Nick growls and pushes her onto the table while she jittered and moved around making it near impossible to keep her still.

Kindel appears at the head of the table and grabs Nemesis’s head within her palms, “The more you struggle, the more you’re gonna hurt. Just take it like you’re suppose to and we can move on ok.”

Nemesis screams out and thrashes around, making Kindel more infuriated with her. “Nick push the button now!” Kindel shouts as Nick nods his head and pushes on a red button as he swiftly pushes Nemesis off the table and slams Kindel onto the metal table. Before Kindel realize what was happening, she screams out a death- dying scream that rang in the dark hallways. Large iron spikes protruded from the medical table going through Kindel’s wrists and ankles. The spikes seemed to have locked Kindel in place. Leaving her to bleed to death. A red torrent of the crimson liquid leaks out of the open wounds as Nick inhales deeply, staring at a shock Nemesis. The yelling continued as Nemesis stands up and gasps at Nick. Nick licks his lower lip worriedly and smiles at her, grabbing her hand and leading her out the room through the door.

Nemesis couldn’t believe it, he saved her and she didn’t understand why. She stares at Nick as they walk down a dark red tiled corridor away from the screams of Kindel.

“Why did you do it?” Nemesis asks, halting at the end of a dark hallway, the only light came from a torch with a dying fire.

Nick turns to her and shakes his head, “What do you mean? Nemesis, I helped you cause I, no all of us in the group realize you guys were trying to protect us from these beasts. I would never kill you and you know that.”

“So this is all an act for the Dark Falls to trust you?” Nemesis whispers, her body shivering through all the traumatic events she had occurred and witness. “I don’t believe you! You were fighting with me in there a minute ago and now I’m suppose to just trust you! No, you broke my trust as well as Damaris. I don’t think I can rely on you on helping me leave this place.”

Nick gulps and nods his head, “I know you feel this way. But after we saw Demetrius turn on us, I knew for sure that something bigger than any of us is going down. Nemesis you have to understand, Kevin found somthing about the ring that Howie has. That ring has the power to open hell itself up! That’s what they’re setting up downstairs in the building! We all plotted this building and figured out an exit. We can leave through an opening in the basement that Kevin managed to find out.”

Nemesis shakes her head and pulls away from him, “Nooo, no. I can’t fall for this. You’re all in it! I saw you kill people at the club. You think I’m gonna listen to you Hell no! I’m out, thanks for the escape, but I can find a better way out of this hell hole without your help.” Turning the opposite way from the hallway, she walks briskly away from Nick.

“NO Wait!” Nick yells out, grabbing her arm as she was about to walk down.

“I’m going. Let go of me.” She whispers quietly.

“No, that’s the wrong way. You’ll only meet up with one of the vampires of this place. If you head this way with me, you’ll be safer and out of the vampires way. Plus if they see me with you, they’ll leave you alone cause they’ll think I’m just taking orders from Liam.” Nick pleads with the woman as she stops and fights with the idea of what to do next.

“If I go with you, you’ll be walking in front of me. I don’t trust you behind me where you can throw something at me and I won’t notice it until its too late.” Nemesis hisses as Nick nods his head and complies.

“Fine, whatever you want. Just move now, before they come and find Kindel dead.” Nick whispers, tugging on the woman as they both descend down the dimly lit hallways.
~*~

“This is it. Park over here.” Cabal states as the three of them pulls up on their red firebird motorcycles. Cabal kicks the kick stand as Damaris slides off her vehicle and pulls off her helmet.

The three of them stare in awe at the magnificent tower that loomed in the dark rainy night.

“This weather is too much.” Damaris grumbles as she fails to shield herself from the pounding rain drops that splash down on them.

Cabal smiles as the wet drops roll down his butter pecan cheeks and chin. “Alright guys, we’re loaded up, let’s head to the building. And be careful, these vampires can know our weaknesses and mess with our heads, We have to stick together, knowing these guys they’ll try to split us up. Understood?”

Howie and Damaris sighs as they gaze at each other.

“Howie are you feeling better?” Damaris whispers cautiously, she recalled the smell of blood had awakened the hidden beast that plagued his innocent soul.

Howie gulps and pats her shoulder, “Somewhat. Just as long as I don’t smell any blood, I should be fine.”

The others nod and they begin heading towards the building. The tall grey granite tower stood about seventy five feet high, the gated windows span widely throughout the building. Over bearing trees loomed around the tower as a spiked black gate surrounded the tower. The spikes gleamed in the silver night and seemed sharp enought to break through a human skull. A lightening sparked in the night air, lighting up the entire building to portray it as more sinister. Cabal nods his head and the three of them head out towards the large lush green yard where the entrance of the tower is at.

An iron arch doorway with a circular ring in the center of the door met their presence.

“You think going through the front is the best way?!” Damaris explodes, shaking her head rapidly.

“No, but how do you suppose we get in? Unless you have a better idea however this is the best we can do.” Cabal purrs in her direction, his fangs gleaming in the moonlight.

Howie rolls his eyes, “Damaris it doesn’t matter, as long as we get in, it shouldn’t be a problem.”
“So when a vampire opens the door we just attack and kill then right.” Damaris grumbles, twirling the caliber of the pistol in her hands as it points towards the door direction.

“Uh no actually.” Cabal states, raising his eyebrows.

“What do you mean?” Damaris asks.

“Well see since Howie is one of the five chosen to possess the ring, it’ll mean he’ll have act like he’s on their side. Meaning we have to act like we’re caught by him.” Cabal states, rubbing his wet palm down the side of his soaked cargo pants.

“Ha… yeah figured. Should’ve known there was something up. How was this plan taking place without me knowing about it?”

Cabal smiles softly and states that when the group was back at the warehouse and the girls were sleeping that the conversation of how to break into the tower came up. It seemed that Cabal had figured out the minute Howie had the ring on his finger that he has access to get inside the Dark Falls Society.

“Well that’s just nice. I feel like I’m getting played here. I’m suppose to rely on the both of you who for all I know are out to get me and Nemesis.” She whispers sarcastically.

Howie smirks, “Well you relied on us before, why the doubts?”

Damaris shrugs her shoulders and sarcastically hisses out, “Oh I don’t know, maybe cause we’re standing in front of the hell hole. I don’t know, maybe its just me but this is completely ridiculous. Cabal I’m not feeling that idea!”

Cabal shrugs his shoulders, “Like I said, come up with something better if you can. But this is our way in.” And he climbs up the three round cement stairs, pounding on the door.

Damaris snorts and rolls her eyes, “Woo hoo, this’ll be fun.” She grumbles, her light eyes staring at Howie who smiles and stands in front of them waiting for the door to open. After a few minutes of standing around, the three heard the lock open from inside as the door creaks open. Cabal smiles and nods his head,

“Time for the show to begin.” Cabal whispers as Howie takes a deep breath, his fangs gleaming out.
~*~

Liam sighs and throws a chair across the room, “No you morons, the drawing has to depict it exactly: the star has to painted properly with the blood on it.”

One of the henchmen, sighs and wipes away the blood drops on his hands, “Sir, we’re trying our best to get the painting right, but Marth keeps messing up the corners.”

Liam’s icy blue eye freeze on one of the vampires, the man stands up nervously as he makes his way towards Liam. The red blood drops slowly trail of the Marth’s fingers as he stands nervously, “Liam, it’ll come out fine. It’s not a bad mess, we can fix it right up.”

“Stop.” Liam whispers as he grabs the vampire by his throat, “Don’t bother ok. Knowing you, you’ll find a way to screw it up anyway.” And he cracks the vampires neck, instantly killing Marth. Liam smiles and throws the corpse on the red tiles. “Anymore mistakes and you’ll lose your life. Let his death be a reminder to all of you that I will not tolerate any more foolery. Do you hear?” Liam growls to the ten vampires. Kevin nudges Brian on his ribs and nudges with his chin towards the window. Brian narrows his eyes as A.J. smiles and shakes his head,

“Looks like Nick managed to get Nemesis out of danger. Good going Nicky.”

“See, he’s not as blonde as he acts.” Kevin jokes as the three watch on to see Liam take out his outrage on the other vampires in the room.
~**~
**~To Be Continued…~**