- Text Size +
“The Blood Pact”


**~Mystifying Consequences~**

She brushes pass some braches that tickled her face as she hurried her pace to keep up with Nick. She didn’t why she bothered to follow him, let alone trust him on escaping. But here she was walking through an eerie forest after leaving the basement that lead to an outside latch of the Tower. After they both were cleared and climbed up the stairs from the latch, they decided to head north, away from the Dark Falls Society building. “Nick, wait.” Nemesis whispers out, once they cleared a few blocks down away from the tower.

“Huh?” Nick stops in front of her confused, “What’s wrong? You hear someone coming?” He whispers anxiously, digging through his pockets to find something to use as a weapon to defend himself.

“No, no it’s not that. Its well…I think something will go wrong if we continuing heading this way.” Nemesis whisper: clutching her fists nervously to her chest.

Nick rolls his eyes and stops frustrated. “Great time to have a conscious. Well what do you think we should do? If you think I’m heading back there, there’s no way that’s happening!” Nick growls, gripping the hems of his jeans tightly.

“Well.” Nemesis whispers shyly, “I think its my intuition acting up and I think that we’re not safe.”

“Well Hell, Nemesis. No where is safe!” Nick grumbles, grabbing her hand and pushing her forward before him as they start walking again. “But that doesn’t mean that standing around here will make things better.”

Nemesis growls and suddenly slams Nick on the thick bark of a tree. Nick cries out as she grips her hands around his throat squeezing tightly. “Ahhhh, God! I hate you Nick!”

Nick gags and swipes at her hand gently for her to loosen her grip, but she remained immobile. “I, I …understand …you’re… confused… and… such! But…I…can…explain.” He slowly chokes out painfully as Nemesis snarls and leans close to him.

“No more explanations. Screw you Nick. You think everything’s ok. That cause you did a good deed for me by letting me leave that place that I’ll just be happy and grateful. Well I’m not. You’re killed my brother and now I’m gonna kill you!” Nemesis growls, her emerald sapphire orbs burn in rage.

“It…was…an…order. We…just…followed…orders!” Nick struggles to speak as dark spots invaded his vision.

“Orders?! Orders?! Ha! What do you take me for?” Nemesis seethes as she watches Nick pale in complexion.

“Please…let…go…I can’t…breathe…”He chokes out as his body slumps back against the tree.

Nemesis was willing to break his neck at that moment. Nothing could give her back her lost relative and revenge coursed through her veins. But the sudden cracking of branches, broke her hateful images. She straightens up and pulls away from Nick, leaving the young man to fall to his knees to violently intake air. Nick runs his fingers over his raw sore throat as the cracking of branches echoed in the forest neared her. Nemesis snarls at Nick as she ruffles through her pockets searching for anything to use. Sighing, she picks up a sharp edge of the branch and holds it out in front of her as the moaning of the on coming zombies approaches her.

“They’re coming.” Nick gasps as he struggles to stand up and glances at her.

Nemesis mumbles something incoherent as she scans around the forest, the silver crescent of moonlight remained the only light for them. The decaying smell came closer as Nemesis gags and backs away.

Suddenly Nick gasps and points behind her, “RUN!!!” he screams out grabbing her hand. She didn’t have enough time to glance behind to see what alarmed Nick but she ran: ran away from what ever possible danger could have been behind her but also because it seemed to have disturbed Nick greatly. After running through a mass amount of thorny bushes and decaying barks that once held life, they reached the end of the small forest and gasp for air. Nemesis intakes a fresh gulp of air, as her lungs burned for large amount of oxygen.

“What, what was behind me?” Nemesis whispers, taking a deep breath.

Nick gulps and closes his eyes, his back facing her, “It was one of the main vampires. Baal I think. He had sneaked up a tree and about to slit your throat if you backed up any further.”

Nemesis narrows her eyes and stares back at the dark forest, “Really now? You don’t think I would have heard the guy creeping up from behind me.”

“No.” He quickly responds.

“Oh, well thanks I guess. I should be happy I still have my head intact then.”

“You’re welcome. Let’s go. The further away we get away from them the better it will be. We gotta warn the police, the city has gone on high alert because since the purification of the water.” Nick states as he gasps quietly, looking down on the ground. Nemesis follows his eyes and sees a decaying corpse, the thin threads of the remaining muscles strain to keep the corpse from falling apart. The rib cage was shattered open as the heart was missing along with other vital organs. It seemed the body was decapitated when the body was attacked by the zombies.

“Looks like their work.” Nemesis whispers, gagging on the faint foul odor that erupted from what once was a man’s body.

Nick covers his nose and pulls on her arm, “We’re wasting time, let’s go.”

And Nemesis nods her head, following behind the blonde man.
~*~


Orion smiles and adjusts the gun strap that held his rifle. He watches the soft moonlight gently caressing the dark lake’s surface.

“Beautiful isn’t it?” Nairobi whispers, joining him on the small bridge and peering over the edge. “It seemed Liam had a sudden change in plans. He’s depositing the blood collected in the river. He has no use for it now since he has the ring.”

“Immortality. How interesting.” Orion whispers as he fingers the trigger of the rifle.

Nairobi smiles and giggles quietly, her black curls giving her a daunting yet beautiful image upon her golden tan cheeks. “What are doing here? Shouldn’t you be in the main hall preparing for the awakening. Liam is asking for you.”

“I’ll go when I’m ready. Tell Liam that.” Orion whispers, gazing at his large dark chocolate hands.

“Ok, just don’t take too long. We’ll begin in an hour. Liam would need all of us there.”

“Alright. And the sacrifices, will they be ready?” Orion whispers, smiling at the thought of the innocent blood that will open the gates of Hell.

“Yeah, though we’re missing one of them. I can’t find one of the guys.”

Orion gazes at her and smirks, “Well we should find him before its time. Its all their blood that will gain us the access to the gates of Damnation.”

Nairobi nods her head, “Very well. You know where he is. You saw him last. Find him and bring him back here.” And she disappears into the shadows of the darkness, walking back towards the impending tower.

Orion smile and watches the curvy silhouette slip into the dark light, “Some kind of woman.” And he turns back to view the gentle dark river below him.
~*~

The tall dark haired vampire peers at Howie and then at Cabal and Damaris. He hisses out, his fangs gleaming in the soft yellow hallway lights, “Who are you?”

Howie smiles and stands before the vampire, “I’m Howie, one of the chosen ones. I know about the amulet, the red ruby that possesses powers. I handed it over to one of the others who goes by the name Kevin. I figured I’m welcomed here since after all you’ll need me to complete the task at hand.”

The vampire chuckles and gazes at Howie and snorts at Cabal. “What are you doing here? I thought you’d punk out and never come here. Demetrius told me you left our side. You always did have a weak side for humans. Fool.”

Cabal growls and forms a fist, “I never did like you. I got more blood for you.” And he pushes Damaris forward. Damaris smiles and nervously gulps, she didn’t know what to believe. Where they acting? Or was this some conniving way of deceiving her.

“Blood? Oh well I thought you killed the body instead of bringing someone here?” The vampire asks, blocking the threshold of the Tower.

“I wanted to make a peace offering with Liam, figured he would accept it, seeing al live one here.” Cabal whispers, gently squeezing Damaris’s hand to inform her that its part of the plan.

The vampire rolls his dark eyes and moves away from the threshold, “Fine, get inside. I’ll take you to the main hall room where the activities are beginning.” The vampire begins walking down the long red carpeted hallway, leading them towards a grand magnificent arc doorway.

Howie leans near Damaris’s ear and whispers, “I won’t then get you. Don’t worry, we planned this out. He’s leading us to the guy in charge.”

Damaris nods her head and whispers back, “Yeah right. If that Liam guy gets to close to me, I’m hurt him.”

Cabal pinches her arm and smiles, “Shhhh, watch this.” And Cabal walks directly behind the vampire that allowed their entrance and pulls out a silver dagger. Throwing the dagger straight at that vampires back, it slams into the base of the vampire’s neck. The vampires hisses out quietly in pain before turning around and staring at Cabal. Then the vampire slumps dead on the floor as the three of them quietly inch their way over to the doorway. They peer in to see a tall golden haired lanky man standing in the center of the room giving orders of the preparations.

“That’s him, that’s the famous Liam.” Cabal whispers.

Damaris watches and smiles. It was strange to her, she never met the man before but she felt immediately drawn to him. She was tempted to walk up to him and touch him, to see if he was real. Maybe it was the vampire identity that she found so disturbed yet so appealing to her.

“Damaris pay attention. You didn’t listen to what I said.” Cabal whispers into her ears as she stares back at him.

“Sorry. It was just…” Damaris begins but is cut off.

“No need to explain. Since you’re human, you’re feeling the effects of his powers. He’s a vampire, a strong one at that and he has the ability to draw people to him.” Cabal whispers.

“Oh really?” She purrs, smiling at Liam’s direction, “Well, are you going to introduce me to him or what?”

Howie sighs and runs his hands through his unruly dark hair, “Yeah, but get a hold of yourself. You can’t let him get to you, he could kill you and you’d probably let him.”

Damaris gulps and closes her eyes, “You’re right, you’re right. I’ll try to control myself.”

“Good. Now, let’s go introduce ourselves.” Cabal states, stepping into the room. He could hear gasps as Brian’s mouth drops open in shock.

Liam turns around and stares coldly at Cabal’s entrance. “What are you doing here?”

Demetrius steps into the room from another doorway and laughs, “Cabal what a surprise to see you here and you brought company. My Damaris, you’re blood would have been quite the treat for the hell mouth, but you’re not needed now. But you don’t have to leave so soon. Why don’t you join the party? Maybe you remember these guys, right Howie?” Demetrius whispers, yanking on A.J.’s arm and throwing him over to Howie. Both men crash and topple to the floor painfully. “FOOLS! You think we’re gonna fall for what you have planned?! Then you’re sadly mistaken.”

Cabal swallows and steps closer to the room, inching his way over to Liam, “Please, Demetrius is only making up lies so you won’t kill him. Its all lies, would you really think I bring in a human into this place if she wasn’t a treat for you?” Cabal whispers, bowing down to him.

Liam glances at Demetrius and narrows his eyes, Howie speaks up: “Listen to him, he’s right.”

Liam glances at Demetrius and hisses, “Are they telling the truth, are you trying to backstab me? Why should I trust you? All of a sudden when I mentioned I was going after the Amulet, you decided to join up with my team. I knew something was up.” Liam growls: stepping closer to Demetrius.

Suddenly Demetrius grabs Brian and places him in front of him, “Uh, uh, uh. Not so fast now. You’ll have to kill this one before you reach me.” Demetrius seethes, pulling Brian towards him.

Liam laughs and shakes his head, “You know I can’t do that. He’s needed along with the other four. And now that the last one is here, we’re all ready.” Liam smiles manically.

A young vampire burst into the room saying that Kindel was found dead and Nick and Nemesis have escaped somewhere.

Liam growls and was about to head out the room when his mobile phone goes off. He fumbles through his black pant pockets and talks on the phone quietly as A.J. and Howie stand up and whisper to one another.

“Geez A.J. are you ok?” Howie asks, as A.J. dusts himself off.

“Yeah, you’re in here? I’m glad to see you remembered us.” A.J. murmurs as he glances at Damaris. “Damaris don’t be mad with us. Nemesis isn’t here. Nick took her out of this place. She’s safe somewhere outside.”

Damaris shakes her head and smirks sarcastically, “Sure she’s safe. I’m to believe that from someone who’s working for Liam.”

A.J. grabs her shoulders and whispers into her ears, “Look, we’re being watched on the cameras, we had to pretend we’re on Liam’s side so Nemesis could live. Liam was close to killing her. But he decided to send us to him, then after talking to Nemesis we had to painfully tell her that her little brother was murdered in our hands.”

“Wh, what?!” Damaris shrieks out quietly, pushing away from A.J.

A.J. grabs her arm and spins her around to face him, “Listen to me, you’re confused, its makes sense. But we’re in a big load of mess and if we can’t stop Liam from going through with his plans, it looks like we’ll be the ones to die. Liam needs the blood of the five of us chosen ones. It was predestined that hell would be opened by the few chosen ones and we just happen to be it. Don’t you see Damaris, we’re all screwed if we can’t think of something.”

“Oh bite me!” Damaris hisses as she swings her away from him. “You’ll betrayed Nemesis! How could you even think of murdering an innocent live!”

Howie whispers and tells her quiet down, “Shhh, Damaris relax. We’re trying to kill Demetrius and Liam, then we’ll be free from them. Do you understand?”

Damaris sucks her teeth and glares at Cabal who shrugs his shoulders. “What are you looking at?” She growls as two vampires were called over to grab Damaris by her arms. They drag her over to Liam who hangs up his phone and walks over to her. Liam screams out a profanity and thrashes slamming his mobile phone onto a wall besides him. “Baal, when I get my hands on you I’m gonna rip your intestines out and feed it to the dogs.” Kevin watches curiously as Liam seems to mutter something to Demetrius about how close Baal was to capturing Nemesis and Nick who managed to escape.

Damaris screams and thrashes around in the grip of the two vampires as Liam smiles and cups Damaris’s mouth roughly in his hand.

“Hmmmm, Damaris right? It seems your little friend was spotted escaping the room. Baal just informed me that he almost had Nemesis by the throat literally speaking. Her head would have fallen into his hands if your buddy Nick haven’t been so aware of his surroundings. But fine, I’ve sent out Orion and Baal and I’ll make sure they’ll bring your buddies back in pieces.”

Damaris screams out as Cabal watches painfully. The two vampires taking Liam’s orders place Damaris on a plank of wood and stand it up. They strap her, tying her wrists and ankles around the wood.

Brian watches and nervously glances at A.J. who stares at Kevin. Kevin it seemed to have fallen in shock and watch the disarray in fear.

“Kev, Kev. Hey what are we gonna do? This plan is working out like it should! Damaris is gonna get torched alive if we don’t do something now!” Brian whispers out nervously.

Kevin nods his head and passes his fingers through his raven spikes, “Ok, look, obviously, I didn’t think they would get in here, I’m surprised by that, but that means we have to get Damaris out of here. We have forty five minutes left before the gates open and they use the gem. So I’m thinkihng maybe A.J. can sneak her out of here.”

“How, without getting caught cause that’s near impossible. The fortress is guarded heavily now and the way Nick escaped is too far a distance for A.J. and Damaris to get too.” Brian states, his azure eyes clouded in worry.

Kevin sighs, “That’s the only way. That or she’ll die trying to get out. But I can’t afford to her die right here.” Kevin peers at A.J. at nudges his head towards the threshold.

A.J. nods back and sighs, “Look, I’m gonna get her out of here. You guys gotta distract Liam while I get Damaris out of here k?”

“How?” Howie asks fearfully, “What do you want me to do? Tell him about the how the power of the ring would only work when wearing it?”

“Yes! Exactly! Good going D!” A.J. beams as he pushes his friend towards Liam.

Liam approaches Damaris and smirks, grabbing her dark locks in his hands, “Ummmm, my. You know if I was of your species I would have fallen for you. But I’m not, you’re just here to entertain me. Boys set her fire, let’s see how loud she can scream.” Liam demands as three vampires carry a can of gasoline towards her direction.

“I think now would be a good time!” A.J. murmurs to Howie as Howie grabs Liam by the shoulder and laughs,

“Oh you’re not going to burn her now are you?” Howie plays along, as he grabs Liam and turns him to face him. Liam’s back was facing Damaris on the plank so he couldn’t see what was occurring behind him.

Liam narrows his eyes and laughs, “Uh yes, do you have a problem with that?”

“Well, its you see, I just think that’s so played out. I mean here I am meeting the all grand master Liam and you’re using an old technique. Really Liam, you’re quite the disappointment.” Howie states, watching Brian and Kevin kill the vampire henchmen around the room. Demetrius was ready to scream out but was gagged when Cabal got of hold of some old rag. The two quietly rumble around the floor, as Cabal knocks Demetrius unconscious against the hard floor. Howie manages to make enough noise for Liam to keep his focus on him as A.J. cut Damaris lose and both fled the room. Once Damaris and A.J. were cleared out, Howie laughs and sighs. Liam grumbles and turns out to his dismay to see all except Brian and Kevin besides Demetrius who was lying on the floor staring back at him. He gasps as he sees the blood splotches of his fellow workers scattered through out the floor. Suddenly he locks eyes with Howie and laughs.

“You really think you outdid yourselves huh? I knew you all were putting on an act, I just didn’t know how long you could pull it off. But you just helped me out. I needed more on the floor and you did just that by killing them. Thanks Brian and Kevin. Cabal I must commend you, you had me fooled.” Liam whispers happily as he gracefully takes out a switch blade hidden beneath his long black sleeve, “But you have to remember you can’t fool the master and get away with it.” He whispers, dropping his voice octaves lower. He makes his way quickly over to Kevin and flings the switch blade towards him. Kevin ducks and watches the blade crash into someone behind him.

“Brian!” Kevin screeches out as the blade careens with Brian’s right arm. Brian screams out as he drops to the floor painfully.

“What was that for?” Cabal shouts, challenging Liam.

Liam leans over the man and laughs, “None of you can take me on. I’m far too strong for any of you. Now if you don’t mind. I have to get Damaris and get you guys ready.” He raises his arms and the room shakes violently suddenly as the all the doorways lock close with black spikes slamming close on each door. Cabal runs to one doorway just as the spikes clamp down on the ground, locking him in with Liam.

“No where to go Boys. Just me and three no make that four with Demetrius. I’m sure you’re little friend is getting caught as we speak. There’s no way to leave this place unless…” Liam smirks and whispers out the last words, “You die.”

Brian laughs as he cringes in pain, Kevin nursing to his wound, “Actually there is, but you don’t know about it.”

“SILENECE!” Liam roars, his dark sapphire orbs burning in fury. “Nick was lucky to have escaped! Poor Kindel, she will be avenged. I promise you that.”

Kevin, Brian and Cabal gulp: staring at Liam who laughs manically. “So kids, now we’re gonna have some fun.” And he walks over to a wall, pushing out a black lever and pulling it over to his right. The ground begins to shake once again and suddenly sharp black spikes begin to protrude from the floor. One spike hinges onto Brian’s jacket and pulls him up with it as the spike raises to a elevation of ten feet off the ground. Brian swings his legs and struggles as the spike holds him up. Brian glances down and gulps. He could jump but the problem with that would be where he would land. All around the floor, spikes were rising from the ground and Kevin and Cabal got a piece of their clothes got in the edge of the protruding spike. So they too where left hanging around in the sharp spikes as Howie crawls over to where Liam was standing safe away from the rising spikes.

“What are you doing? Get over there!” Liam yells pulling out a pistol and aiming it at Howie.

“Don’t shoot him!” Kevin shouts, thrashing around on the spike that his coat was held on.

“You can’t stop me!” Liam roars at Kevin and faces Howie, “Now Howie, where were we?” Liam states: pointing his pistol towards Howie’s chest. Howie shakes and lands on his back as the ground continues shaking. He crawls back away from Liam, digging his hands onto the granite floor.

Liam laughs and smirks, fingering the trigger, “Say goodnight now Howie. It was nice meeting you. I can use your blood when your die.” And with that he pulls on the trigger and smiles.
~*~

Damaris stops running and leans against a wall, gasping for air, “Wait, wait. Slow down. I…can’t…keep…with…you…” She whispers out between breaths.

A.J. shakes his head and pulls on her arm, “No, we can’t stop, we have to keep going. Those things are out looking for us.”

Damaris sighs and glares at him, “You are one of those things.”

“Yeah, whatever but I’m trying to get you out of here. So let’s move.” A.J. states, grabbing Damaris’s arm and tugging her off the wall she was tiredly leaning on. He glances down the dimly light hallway and hears a laughter.

“Ah Damn, this ain’t good.” A.J. whispers as a shadow of a woman comes into view.

“I think this is something good now isn’t it Alex?” Nairobi whispers, smiling seductively at him. She eyes Damaris and frowns, “Why A.J. who’s this? I thought me and you had something happening here? Don’t tell me you gave up on our relationship to go for a mortal. You’re better than that, much better. Why settle for a ham sandwich when you can eat steak right here?” Nairobi smiles, trailing her pointer finger down her black leather cat suit which captured every curve and nuzzle her bosoms gracefully.

A.J. smiles and rolls his eyes, he had to admit, she was a genuine beauty that he did admit but she wasn’t what he had in mind for a relationship at least not anything more than sexual.

“Do you like what you see?” She whispers as Damaris pokes A.J. on the side reminding him of how they have to have a way out of here.

A.J. laughs and backs away, “Yeah, but I have better things to do. So I’ll see ya later.” And both him and Damaris walk back down the hallway only to Orion standing at the other end of the hallway.

“Great this is just peachy.” Damaris hisses as Orion steps into the lit hallway.

“Oh the fun just started.” Orion whispers, holding a ivory sword in his hand as he makes his way towards them.
~*~

Nemesis collapses on a log besides the quiet stream as Nick splashes cold water onto his face. “We need to rest.” Nemesis states: eying the man besides her.

Nick sighs and leans back tiredly against a large boulder, “Yeah, you’re right. I feel like hell myself. But I just know Liam set people after us especially after finding Kindel’s dead body in the room.”

“She deserved it.” Nemesis grins at the image of that woman dying.

Nick smirks, “You’re bad.”

“I know.”

“I think you deserve a big apology on my behalf. What happened with your brother and all was not my doing. I was just listening to Liam’s orders, that or I riskes the lives of a lot of people. We had to prove to Liam that we were quote on quote on his side and trust me we all tried finding a way to talk him out of it, but he said that if we didn’t do it, he would kill your entire family and we couldn’t do that. God Nemesis, I don’t even know what to say that will make that pain ease cause that’s impossible. My intention was to protect you not hurt you. I’m sorry I let you down.” Nick whispers.

Nemesis fought back tears as her eyes clouded over in grief; she wrapped her arms around her knees which were pulled up to her chest. Her flushed face streaked with fresh new tears as she sobbed quietly.

Nick bite on his lower lip as the lump in his throat grew; he could feel a tear edge his way out as he sighs and drops his head. He could hear Nemesis’s grief as the stream gently passes besides them; the morbid feeling lingered in the dark sky as Nick slides over and wraps his arms around the sobbing woman. He hoping in some way to ease her discomforts for now.
~**~

**~To Be Continued…~**