- Text Size +
“The Blood Pact”

**~Enemies in Sheep’s Clothes~**

Liam smiles and burst into an erotic laugh, tossing a pile of written papers into the air. A young vampire girl giggles lightly, her raven curls bounce off her shoulders as she sits in a chair in front of Liam’s desk. He leans on his elbows and tilts close to the young girl, her ashen mocha complexion glittered gently in the florescent light. “Jezreel, do you know what I found out?” He whispers to the young child who peers nervously at him.

“No, what did you find master Liam?” Jezreel bubbles sweetly, her innocent face contrast with the evil that her small body held.

“I, my dear child have found the king. He’s here in this very building. Dagon has returned.”

Jezreel gasps and breaks into a wide smile, “Is he really here Master Liam? Is the one who began our linage really here?!”

“Yes.” He whispers, standing up and walking around the desk to grab her small hands. “Come. Let me take you to him.”

“Does he know?” Jezreel asks curiously.

Liam shakes his head, “Not yet sweetie, his memory has failed him. But it will come back later tonight. Dagon has been trapped inside that body for a while, but tonight, tonight my child, he will appear and that man will know his true destiny.”

Jezreel inhales happily and grips Liam’s hand, standing up from her seat and walking along side of him. “What’s his name? The guy that has been caring for Dagon.”

Liam chuckles and picks the small child up in his arms, he brushes away her dark raven locks away from her round cheeks. “He goes by the name of Howie. Seems Howie and the rest of his friends don’t remember nor refuse to recognize their awaited destiny. They don’t understand what they are, but we do right Jez?”

The small girl giggles and nods her head, wrapping her smooth arms around Liam’s neck. Liam smiles and tilts his head at her, “You know, don’t you? About who they really are right?”

Jezreel licks her small lips and simply nods her head, her rippling curls lie beautifully around her neck and shoulders, “They are the ones we need to move our race to power. Their blood has been stained with innocence and evil all at the same time. They are the ones that carry the ruby gem, the sacred ring that allows those who wear it to have control and power. They are the chosen ones.”

Liam nods his head impressed at the young girl’s intelligence, Jerzeel looked no more than six years of age but was changed into vampire from her parents past affairs. One lucky vampire had the opportunity to claim and subdue her mother, transforming her and Jezreel. The only child within the entire society, Jezreel was spoiled with good means. Liam loves that child like it was own. Her mother later died during one of her hunts, it seems the human she was taking blood from was armed and shot her in the heart, killing her instantly. Jezreel was never told how her mother died and it was for the best. Already hitting her one hundred years of age, Jerzeel looked more beautiful with her never aging body. “Do you know that all by yourself or did someone tell you?”

Giggling insanely, her bright eyes twinkle as she shakes her head, “No, master Demetrius told me. But I wanted to surprise you.”

Liam chuckles and places the young child on the floor, her small feet steadying herself as she grabs his left hand, twirling under his arm sending her dark scarlet dress to twirl gracefully around her small body. “Come, let us go. We have to gather everyone now. It’s time.”

“Yea!!!” Jezreel giggles out as they exit the office.
~*~

“Howie, I, I don’t know.” Brian painfully whispers out as he awakes from his unconsciousness.

“You guys it got to work. I can stall them while you get out of here.” Howie states as A.J. shakes his head in disapproval.

“No, we can’t leave you behind. We got to get out.” A.J. whispers, rubbing his temple gently as pain floods his body.

“And we will, just not at the same time. Besides I need you two to get out of here with Kevin. He’s too wounded and needs some medical attention. You guys just trust me, it’ll work.” Howie pleads with his two friends as they both sigh and agree.

Brian exhales and shakes his head, “D, I don’t know why you wanna stay here any longer, but it’s up to you. Let’s get Kevin out of here.” Brian states stronger, his energy slowly restoring. Both Brian and A.J. stand up as Howie rushes over to Nairobi and Orion. While Howie was running towards them, A.J. and Brian stay in the dark shadows of the hallways creeping closer to Kevin who was lying on the carpet behind Orion and Nairobi. Howie rushes to the wounded Orion and rams his hands into Orion’s leather jacket pocket, pulling out a boxcutter and slashing Orion across the chest. Nairobi growls and pulls Howie away as the fighting ensue with the three. While that was occurring, Kevin was picked up by Brian and A.J. and all three struggle and stumble back down the hallway towards the broken shard glass window that Cabal used earlier to escape. Brian gulps and shakes his head,

“We can’t go this way, it’s too far up and Kevin can’t climb down cause he’s too hurt.”

A.J. gulps and shakes his head, “We don’t have a choice. We can’t go down the hallways, I’m sure more vampires are on the way.” Suddenly as if to emphasize A.J. statement, red flashing lights begin to go off, setting off a high screeching siren. The red lights hanging on the white ceiling blink rapidly as suddenly a large herd of armed vampires emerge from down both sides of the hallway running down the hallway to find out what the commotion is. All seemed armed with arsenal of some type as they approach the end of the hallway where Howie is at.

“Now would be a good time to jump, don’t ya think?!” A.J. screams out as Kevin cries out. The sirens going off as the army of vampires enter the room.

“Easy buddy. I got this. We’ll get you out of here.” Brian whispers, clearing a way out the window as his heart bangs into his chest.

“Wait.” Kevin cringes, holding his bleeding abdomen. “I can’t go down there.”

“That’s what I said…”Brian says as A.J. interrupts him,

“Look we just have to get Kevin down the window. Kev, can you climb down ok?”

Kevin hisses in pain as the wound throbs, “Ye, yeah I think I might. But I’m not feeling too well now.”

“We’re getting you out now.” Brian whispers, clearing the window from its broken pieces. “I’ll go first.” And he leaps out onto the outside ledge and awaits as A.J. helps Kevin onto the ledge. A.J. turns around to see Howie swinging a box cutter towards Orion’s chest again only this time Nairobi grabbed him and ripped her nails into his back. A.J. hisses out in pain as he watches his wounded friend.

“Guys! I’ll see ya in a few, Howie needs help!” A.J. yells as an armed vampire smiles and swings his sword at him. A.J. moves to the side as the metal sword slams onto the wall, inches away. Brian hisses and disappears down the building, climbing down with Kevin.

A.J. moves away as he crashes into another vampire who was tall beyond the average height of any person. A.J. gasps as the man growls, its decaying teeth shining in the golden light, “Where do you think you’re going?” It hisses as A.J. fakes a laugh and pulls away from the vampire. He gazes to see Howie on the ground now, avoiding unsuccessfully the beating of Orion and Nairobi.

Gulping, A.J. closes his eyes for a second and with all his strength, he grabs the sword from the vampire in front of him and slides it into its abdomen causing the retched vampire to growl in agony. A.J. tries to move away to help Howie but is grabbed from behind by another vampire, “Howie!! Howie, fight them!” A.J. screams out as he struggles and fights the vampires surrounding him. It was more than a dozen vampires filling the hallways already and more were still coming. Howie moves away from Nairobi and crashes into the mist of vampires, losing himself in the crowd. A.J. notices Howie and kicks and slashes his way out of the swarming vampires. He seemed engulfed in the crowd as he feels his arms and neck ooze with his blood from all the biting and punctures coming from the weapons. He manages to reach the window and stands besides his friend. Howie reaches the way and kills off a few vampires by picking up a pistol and blasting away more than five of those creatures. Still it seemed like a suffocating mass as more vampires flooded the hallway reaching for him and A.J.

A.J. had an idea, “D, stay here will ya? I have an idea.”

Howie growls, holding the pistol at a direction of an oncoming vampire, “Oh yeah, no problem on that part! There’s no where to go!” He shouts sarcastically as A.J. rolls his eyes and throws himself in the mass mob. He could hear Howie’s panic voice cut through the crowd as to what is he doing. A.J. feels the filthy hands of the vampires grab onto his arms as they start clawing at him. A.J. clutches his teeth and he makes his way through the crowd. Suddenly he feels a hand pull him towards its direction. He slams into Nairobi as she smiles and grabs his neck, “Now there you are. Your friend is somewhere around here. Care to share?”

A.J smirks, “Nope. But do me a favor, hold this.” And he hands her the ruby ring that he managed to get away through all the mess. Nairobi shakes her head in shock and gasps as the ring topples onto her ring finger. She screams out as suddenly it seemed all the vampires were drawn to her. She tries to pull the ring off her finger but it sat snug on her finger. She cries out as the moaning and fighting stop. The large army of vampires surround Nairobi as Orion escapes the hallway to meet up with Liam. Nairobi stares at the semi-circle as the vampires grab her arms and begin pulling on opposite sides. She screams out a heart-retching cry as her muscles were being pulled apart. A string of muscles tried to unsuccessfully keep the body intact but failed. A.J. and Howie who leaped onto the outside ledge, watch in dismay and disgust as the vampires tear Nairobi in half from her torso, her body making a horrible ripping sound as a large pool of dark crimson blood exploded out onto the ground from the center of her torn chest. One side of her mutilated body crashes onto one side, the bones breaking as the vampires continue to pull at her torn body. Howie gags as A.J. clutches his stomach,

“D, let’s go. Please, I can’t take the sight of that anymore.” A.J. whispers, his skin ashen as he gags at the sight of the torn vampire.

Howie nods his head and both begin their descend down the side of the tower.
~*~

Orion curses loudly, rushing towards an office located two flights up, “Liam! Liam where are you?” He hisses holding his bloody arm.

“You’re staining the rug.” Demetrius states, clomping into the room. Orion tenses up and sneers,

“Where is he?”

Demetrius shrugs his shoulders, “How should I know? I’m his brother not his keeper.” He whispers, trailing his fingers over Orion’s bloody wrists. “Where’s Nairobi?”

“She, she’s dead.” Orion cries out, as the pounding soreness zooms down his spine.

“Dead? How?” Demetrius growls as he leans close to his partner.

“One of those guys gave her the ring. It got on her finger and the army Liam sent out turned against us. They tore her up.”

Demetrius remains quiet and smiles, “Funny how that turned out. Let’s go. Liam must have made his escape after those Boys.” And both vampires exit the room immediately.
~*~

“Stop! Howie stop! Oh God!” A.J. cries out as he leans over a bush and hurls out the late dinner that he had only hours ago.

“J, hurry up. I don’t wanna be near this place.” Howie whispers out, tugging on A.J.’s bloody black tank top.

A.J. coughs and struggles to stand up as they both make their way down a lone path. There they see Brian and Kevin waiting for them. Howie gasps at Kevin’s condition, a pale ashen complexion covering a shaking Kevin. Kevin was leaning on Brian’s shoulder as he begins coughing up blood.

“Guys you made it! Thank God! Kevin is too weak! I don’t know what to do with him!” Brian cries out, holding a quivering Kevin in his arms.

“Here, let me see.” Howie whispers, wiping away a bloody trail of blood that seemed to cover him along with the others all down their faces and arms. He kneels down and observe Kevin’s who’s crying out,

“I’ll be fine. Don’t worry about me, let’s go.” Kevin chokes out as he attempts to stand up but collapses back onto Brian’s arms.

“Whoa easy there Kev. We’ll walk down a few, but Kevin needs to heal.” Brian whispers.

“How though? We can’t take him to the hospital.” A.J. whispers.

“He’ll need blood.” Howie whispers.

A.J. rolls his eyes, “Like we don’t have enough of it on us. Ugh.” A.J. grumbles spreading his arms out as small drops slide off his arms.

“We’ll kill something on the way.” Howie whispers as he helps Brian and grabs Kevin on the other side. Both men carry Kevin who is in the center as A.J. leads the way into a forest that creeps away from the Tower.

“Wait! Is that a motorcycle?” A.J. smiles as he races over to three parked red firebird motorcycles hidden behind a bush.

Howie smiles, “Yeah, oh man that’s right! I totally forgot about that! Let’s get on it. The faster we can get away from this place.” And A.J. and Howie hop into one each while Brian boards the third one with Kevin leaning on him.

“Ready? Let’s get the hell out of here!” A.J. yells happily, kicking up the kickstand and pulls away from the curb. The other two motorcycles roar into life and race down the road.
~*~

“Do me a favor? When you die tell me tell me if you can see me laugh from up here.” Nemesis seethes at Nick’s face.

“Stop it Nemesis!” Cabal roars, he grabs Nick and pulls the pale man into his arms. “Damaris, you have to help him.”

Damaris shakes her head, “No way. Bite me, I ain’t helping him!” She growls as Cabal growls at her.

“Don’t you see what you’re doing? You’re letting an innocent life die on your account!” Cabal seethes.

Nemesis smirks and decides to banter the poor ill man, “Nick sweetie, is it possible you can’t hunt on your own, or do we have to give you some food?”

As if to the response, Nick coughs up blood: his mouth floods up with dark liquid, spilling down on the sides of his jaw. “Ugh!” Nemesis jumps up and nervously backs away. “You weren’t kidding, he is dying.”

Cabal narrows his eyes, “One of you, help him now!”

Damaris glances at Nemesis as she shrugs her shoulders, “Go ahead, I don’t want to be like him and be cruel hearted. Though I won’t give him my blood, he isn’t worth it.” Nemesis murmurs.

Damaris gulps, “You sure? I, I don’t find this comforting.”

“It’s not supposed to be. But help him, he shouldn’t die, at least not yet. I want to be the one to kill him in my hands later on.” Nemesis banters at Nick who didn’t seem to listening at all as the immense pain consumed him.

Cabal growls as Damaris shakes her head and rolls up one of the black sleeves of her arm, placing her shaking wrist near Nick’s lips, she glared at Cabal.

Cabal smiles and pulls out a small blade, carefully puncturing her wrist. She hisses in pain as drops of her sweet blood drip onto Nick’s dry lips. Nick slowly opens his eyes and purses his lips as the drops slowly poured out. Damaris and Nemesis watch in disgust as Nick licks the blood off his lips and reaches for Damaris’s wrist.

“Ah no. Uh, uh. You can’t have my wrist.” She growls as Cabal bores his eyes into Damaris’s back.

Nemesis snatches Damaris’s wrist and wraps it up in a small rag. “That’s enough for him. He’s lucky he got anything at all.”

“What was that? You expect him to live on a taste of her blood?!” Cabal shouts.

“Yes.” Nemesis whispers, nursing Damaris’s wound: wrapping a white cloth around the cut wound and both women walk down the road.

“Wait, we should stay here.” Cabal whispers. Nemesis keeping her back turned away from him snorts,

“Ah, no we don’t actually.”

“That’s the way back to the Crimson society place, I’m sure Demetrius would love to take you back in.” Cabal states with a smug look.

“Right I knew that. I was just testing you to see if you noticed.” Nemesis whispers feeling a bit embarrassed.

Damaris giggles quietly and rolls her eyes, “So you want us to head back the other way where Liam and his sick buddies are ready to take us out.”

“No not there either. I think it’ll be better if we head into the forest, we can hide out. Plus Nick needs the rest to restore himself.

Nemesis growls, “I’m not sitting off while those things are out there are trying to kill. I’m sorry to disappoint you Cabal, but the way I see it looks like Damaris and I can’t really rely on any one. It seems we get surprises each time we do.”

Cabal sighs and still holding an ill Nick in his arms, growls, “I’m sorry you feel that way. It’s a crazy mess and I’m trying my best to clear things up. But if you turn your back on me as well it’ll be harder to defeat Liam and Demetrius. I need the both of you girls to be ready. He’s coming and he’s out for blood.”

“Like I didn’t hear that line before.” Damaris murmurs as Nemesis snorts quietly, smiling at her partner’s direction. Cabal sighs and drags a struggling Nick in his arms as the two women trudge through the grass and mud into the forest.
~**~

**~To Be Continued…~**