- Text Size +
“The Blood Pact”

**~The Bloodied Kin Reunion~**

The firebird screech to halt: spraying dirt and grass along its side. Brian gulps and intakes a cool breath as he smiles, jumping off the vehicle with his cousin and band mates behind him. Kevin grins and jumps off his vehicle, leading the group towards the rickety shed he had talked about earlier. A.J. gulps and turns back to see Damaris sitting on the motorcycle with fear etched on her face. He smiles and reaches his hand out towards her after he gets off the vehicle. She nervously grabs his hand and jumps off the vehicle. Howie and Nemesis remained seated on their motorcycle until Howie: his hands still on the metal bars of the motorcycle, slides off his seat and stands facing Nemesis.

“No one has told me how humans have evolved to become so beautiful. My wife didn’t look have as amazing as you child.” He whispers, his fangs gleaming with joy.

Nemesis blushes and feels the goose bumps pricking her arms, “Uh well, thanks I guess. I think the others are waiting for you.”

Howie smirks and shrugs his shoulders, “Whatever, they can wait. I want to talk to you. Is that ok?”

Nemesis slumps back onto the bumpy leather seat on the crimson vehicle with a smile on her face, “Oh ok, what is it?”

“Tonight is the battle. I just want you to know that we all might not make it out alive.” Howie whispers, his dark eyes sorrowful.

Nemesis gulps and nods her head, “I, I understand.”

“Well why didn’t you run away when you had the chance? Why follow me and the others here? You could leave if you wanted to, you know.” Howie whispers low, afraid that someone might here their conversation.

“Well where was I gonna go?” Nemesis murmurs, “I can’t go home. I live up in the northern eastern of the country, I can’t just catch a flight with no money.”

“If I can pay for your journey, would you still go?” Howie whispers, leaning closer to her, his warm breath smoothes her cold nerves.

She thinks about it and smiles, “What do you think?”

“I think that’s a yes. I’ll see if I can arrange that. However, now is not the time. After I destroy Liam and Demetrius then I will send you back.”

“Why not now?” Nemesis persuades the man, watching him narrow his dark eyes at her direction.

“Because I’m on mission and I can’t back down from it.”

“So are you really Dagon?” Nemesis asks quietly, slipping off the vehicle and trudging through the muddy broken grassy field where the small shed was located at.

Howie walking ahead of her, suddenly snaps his head back at her direction, “Yes.”

“So what did you do to Howie? You didn’t kill him did you?” Nemesis whispers out frantically hoping that Howie was fine and nothing psychological had impaired him.

Howie takes out a deep breath and grabs her shoulders, staring straight into her eyes. Suddenly the dark crimson that covered his pupils left and the soft pleading friendly brown eyes stare back at her. “No, I’m here. Don’t worry. I, I just feel strange that’s all.” He breathes out, smiling at her, passing his tan fingers through her disheveled flaxen locks. As swiftly as Howie’s demeanor changed, his eyes clouded back instantly to a dark crimson red and his gentle face changed to a more seldom expression. “Let’s move, we’re wasting time.” Dagon’s eerie deep voice booms out of Howie’s fragile vocals.

Nemesis gulps and follow the man, fear tickling down her spines. They catch up the rest of the group as Kevin who was in the lead stops before a decrepit shed and smiles. Kevin’s emerald eyes glitter in glee as he grabs the rusty black iron knob and swings the shed open. The door creeks open and cries out as Kevin nods his head, directing the others to follow him. One by one they all follow Kevin into the dusty, moldy infested shed. Brian fumbles through his pockets and finds a small pen flashlight, beaming the rarely visible yellow slit around the shed. The narrow light flashes over the empty shelves covered in thick cobwebs as they all continue they search in the dark. A.J. bumps into a large crate and grimaces,

“Ahh, ouch. Guys I think this is it. These are one of the crates they had us haul back.”

Brian kneels down and passes his right hand over the top of the crate while in the other hand he holds onto the small flashlight. “Yeah, this is it. We just gotta find a way to open it.”

“Back away from the crate.” Kevin whispers as Brian raises his eyebrows in confusion,

“Huh?”

“I said back away now.” Kevin murmurs, flashing the silver magnum at the crate’s direction. Brian immediately backs away as Damaris and Nemesis watch on in interest. Holding the pistol away from his body, Kevin pulls the trigger: setting off a loud pop that careened with the cover of the crate, breaking the lock on the top. Whistling and soft clapping erupted from the other guys as they race over to the crate, yanking off the cover and pulling out the many dozens of blood vials that lay hidden within.

Howie chuckles and holds a glass vial in his hands squinting to see what type of blood it is.

“Its not labeled.” Mutters out A.J. as the others sigh angrily. Howie gulps and dips his finger into the vial, wetting it with the questionable blood. Licking the blood off of him, he allows the soft drop to trail down his mouth and down his throat. Suddenly he gags and hands the vial over to Kevin who was staring at him curiously. Howie’s shoulders gag uncontrollably as the vile liquid seeps its way down his esophagus.

Kevin raises his eyes brows and smirks, “I guess this is the right one.”

A.J. chuckles as poor Howie spits out whatever he had in mouth. “So O negative huh? We’ll tie these vials around the ladies as well as on us, hopefully it’ll kill those vampires if it messed up Howie.”

“But, but, he took some of it?!” Nemesis whispers out, feeling the eyes of the men on her.

“That’s alright, he only took a drop, if he drank the entire vial then he be dead. But he’s fine, see.” A.J. smirks, pulling Howie back on his feet and throwing his arm around his friend’s shoulders.

Damaris shakes her head, raising her eyebrows in nervousness. “Uh ok, if you say so.” And the group each grabs more than a dozen of the blood vials before all heading out of the shed. They all begin wrapping the vials and gently placing them into their pistol’s caliber. Kevin pulls out the iron bullets and in its place fills it up with the blood vials instead, locking his pistol in place:

“Bingo. This should melt away all those baddies and we’ll be closer to winning this.”

“Yeah, wonder what it does?” Brian asks curiously, scratching the side of his head.

A.J. rolls his eyes and shakes his head, “Since Nick is missing, Brian decided to fill in his place.”

“Hey take that back!” Brian smirks as the group softly chuckles.

“Ok, ok. We’re all ready. Our guns are filled and ready to stop those things. Now we just gotta head back and find Nick.” Howie whispers, wetting the tip of his finger and sticking it up in the air above him. Smiling, he sniffs the air and his eyes begin to glow a bright red.

Brian and A.J. hiss and back away, watching Howie smile and nod his head.

“They’re about a few miles back where we picked the girls up.” Howie finally answers.

A.J. raises his eye brows and shrugs his shoulders, “Why couldn’t I sleep in today, I’m telling ya B, if I was under the covers snoozing away, I wouldn’t out here breaking night and changing into a stupid form of a vampires.”

Damaris poked him on the shoulders and giggles, “They would have come for you by now anyway, you’re one of the chosen ones. You can’t escape that.”

“Chosen one? Ha! Chosen to do what? Nothing: the way I see it, this was done for nothing. Seems that our Howie is possessed with this Dagon dude and it looked like the community is already poisoned with the water. We’re doomed. Let’s face it guys, these stupid vampires are taking over our world.” A.J. grumbles, kicking a stone down the dark road.

Kevin pats A.J.’s shoulder and smiles, ‘We’re not doomed, we’re about to kill some of those so called stupid vampires and it’ll be fun. We’ll be shooting and it’ll be legal this time.”

At that statement, A.J. smiles and locks eyes with his friend, “Legal huh?”

“Yup. The cops are cool with it, cause most of them are working for Liam anyway.” Howie whispers, catching his friend’s eyes light up.

A.J chuckles softly to himself and then loudly as the other guys join in, “So let’s go then, what are we waiting for!”

“Alright!” Brian yells out as he boards on the vehicle with Nemesis on it. Howie and A.J. board another vehicle as Kevin and Damaris hop on the last vehicle.

“We’re gonna kick vampire booty!” Damaris shouts happily as the motorcycles roar to life and takes them back up the road they recently passed.
~*~

Nick yawns and happily wipes off a small drop of blood that lingered on his lips. He was feeling better and was glad that Cabal helped him out. “Yo, dude, I so owe you for that.”

“Na, don’t worry about it. You’d do the same for me.” Cabal smiles gently, leaning on the back of a tree, loading his pistol.

Nick shrugs his shoulders and stands up taking a deep breath. His boots crunch over broken sticks and leaves as he heads to the roadside.

“Nick! Are you crazy?!” he hears Cabal shout behind him, “You could be seen.”

“Oh sorry, forgot about that. What happened to the others?” And he hides in the shadows, watching the silver moonlight gleam down around them.

“What are you talking about? Remember you left the tower before the others did with Nemesis. We haven’t been with the others since we put the plan in action.” Cabal explains to the wayward man.

Nick chuckles, “Oh yeah, I killed Baal and Kindel. That was fun.”

“Well good for you. As for the girls, I don’t know. I thought they were right here with us, but they must have made their escape. I can’t blame them thought.”

“Their escape to where?”

Cabal shrugs his shoulders, “I wouldn’t know, but I’d understand them for not wanting to hang around all this.”

“But they could be in danger though right? If Liam’s crew got the girls, they could be in trouble.”

“I’d doubt that, Liam doesn’t know this area nor does he come around here. The girls couldn’t have traveled no more than a mile down since the last I seen them fifteen minutes ago.” Cabal states, wiping his pistol clean, holding it out for inspection.

Nick licks his lips slowly, “Ok, so, uh what are we doing here? Shouldn’t we be heading out?”

“Out where? Nick we need to find the rest of the group. My theory is if we stay in the same spot here, we’ll bump into the other guys and girls.”

“Like they’ll wait to come back here? They don’t know this area, hell I don’t even know where we are and I grew up in Florida!” Nick grumbles, passing his snowy hands through his ruffled flaxen hair.

Laughing, Cabal chuckles and shakes his head, “I gotta admit, I miss hearing your voice.”

Nick snorts, “Well thanks. Yo, my pistol is empty.” Grumbling, he flips open his black pistol revealing the empty caliber.

“Ahh, don’t worry about it. I have some bullets in my bag, hold up.” Cabal crosses over to small slinky thick plastic gym bag where he kept the essentials and begins searching for some bullets. Suddenly he hears the screeching of some motorcycles and he stands quietly, placing his finger over his lips, motioning for Nick to stay still and quiet. Nick gulps and leans back on the tree, hiding himself from who or whatever was out to get to him. He could feel a trail of sweat roll down his spine as his squeezes his eyes shut tightly. He slowly opens them to see that Cabal had disappeared.

“Great, I lost him now.” He whispers to himself as he shuffling and footsteps. The many footsteps inch closer, stepping over broken branches and leaves. He could hear the distant humming of the soft spoken voices but failed to recognize it as anything familiar.

Nick stays immobile, his back hugging the tree, the bark of the tree cutting into his torn bloodied shirt. He was with no weapon and any bullets were feet away in the gym bag where he wouldn’t have time to fill up the gun.

Suddenly he feels a hand on his left shoulder and Nick shivers, fearing that Demetrius and Liam have gotten him.

“Nick.” He hears his name being called out by a voice. He identifies the voice and gulps, turning around to face Kevin.

“Kevin! Oh man, I thought you and the others…” He cuts off and sighs happily to see the rest of the group as well as the two women and Cabal. “Guys!” He smiles, hugging and giving high fives to his lost friends. “Man, it feels like its been ages since we were around each other.”

“Tell me about it, but well its been a long night.” Brian whispers happily, giving his friend a quick hug.

“Great! We’re together again.” Nemesis snorts sarcastically, receiving a daring glare from Cabal.

“You should be glad you found us. If you two were traveling alone, you’ve all would have dead.” Cabal whispers, hearing a distant moaning.

“Uhhhh, great. They’re back.” Nick grumbles, recognizing the zombie’s returns.

Chuckling the others, pull out another smaller hand gun and start shooting into the distance, hoping to draw the creatures to them. Cabal sighs and wipes a hand over his cold forehead as he heads over to the gym bag. “Nick, it seems the bullets you have are no good, the guys found a better resource that can kill our kind.”

Nick sighs and shrugs his shoulders and heads over to the man, “I don’t care, just put something in that gun, I thought I was a goner when I saw you left me out here. Man I thought they were here and I was gonna die.”

“That’s why you have to be prepared. You can’t let fear seize you. Remember Nick we went over this back in the training room.” Damaris states, eying Nick who now seemed healthy after his sudden drink from blood.

Nick rolls his eyes as Cabal takes his gun and refills it with blood vials. “Whoo, whoo, hold up, what are you doing? How is that gonna kill off vampires?”

Howie explains it to Nick as Cabal refuels the pistol and hands it back to Nick.

“Alright guys, I’m glad we’re all together, you know what that means, we gotta go through with the plan, the fight is about to fight and we have to lure them here.” Cabal begins, staring at the two women.

“Screw this, I ain’t going through the plan.” Nemesis hisses out, challenging Cabal.

Howie stands in the middle and places his gently over her shoulders, “You girls blood are pure, those vampires out there will be drawn to the smell immediately. All you gotta go is place a few of your blood drops on the road over there and we’ll all wait for when they come.”

“I’m getting really tired of you guys taking advantage of our blood.” Damaris speaks up, her light eyes narrowing in rage.

Nick and Brian sigh as Howie desperately to convince the women for their help. “Please, this is the only way. I can’t stand out there, I’ll be dead before you know it. Plus those things out there are coming.”

“Too, too late guys, those things are here.” Nick’s voice cracks pointing to a large hear of decaying zombies that once were humans only hours ago.

“Oh man.” Damaris whispers, racing over to the gym bag, pulling out a metal sharp knife edge fan as Nemesis pulls out a sharp harpoon from the bag.

In a few minutes over two dozen zombies flooded the wooded forest as the group seemed surrounded by the hungry ravaging zombies.

“Alright, let’s head out.” Cabal signals as he begins stabbing and cutting the zombie inches away from him. The other five men each take a daring stab, puncturing the zombies before them as the two women use their weapons.

Cabal slices his sword through a decaying moldy grey flesh, gushing out the sickening odor and yellow liquid that oozes out. Nick and Brian both use their swords and slice through the two zombies before them, Nick cuts off a zombie’s arm while Brian cuts the head of another zombie. Both men gag as the bodies spray their liquids before crashing to the ground and twitching.

A.J. gags as he and Kevin fight off a few more zombies approaching their side. A.J. slams the sword into the zombie’s abdomen, ripping the torso in half. The body shakes as the upper half slides off the torso, spewing blood and a clear liquid. It lands on the ground before him as the lower half quakes and collapses dead on the ground. Kevin rams his sword into a zombie’s chest cavity and pulls out the what once was the heart at the end of his sword. A.J. clenches his stomach and backs away crashing into another zombie, “Oh God, not another one.” He moans out as his stomach flips around, urging him to regurgitate already. Howie lunches at that zombie and rips its head off with his bare hands as the zombie crashes onto the ground.

Everyone watches as Howie holding the dangling head of the decayed human in his hands smiles. “What? You were in trouble so I saved ya.” He whispers innocently, dropping the head inches away from its original dead body.

“Wow, you seemed pretty strong there for a vampire Howie.” Cabal whispers as a few moans of the remaining zombies floated a few feet away from there.

Howie smiles and shrugs his shoulders, not letting the idea sink into him. He picks up his bloodied stain sword and continues slashing the zombies that were ready to pounce on him and the others.

Damaris slams her metal fan across a zombie limb, setting it to fly off while Nemesis lunges with her harpoon, stabbing and sending the harpoon to crash into the zombie’s head, yanking it straight off the body.

“Ohhh nice.” Damaris compliments her partner as Nemesis does silly bows and blows on her nails,

“Oh that was nothing, I was just starting, you should see what else I have planned for these lone suckers.” Nemesis giggles, her bright blue green eyes glitter in excitement.

“Can’t wait.” She hears Howie as he lashes through another, the blood trails over his tan muscular arms, distracting Nemesis for a second. Suddenly as she turns back she feels a sharp stabbing pain on her leg just as Damaris pushes the zombie away from her.

“Ohhh, you ok?” Damaris asks, wiping away a few drops of blood that covered her face.

Nemesis sees the zombie that had ripped into her thigh, lying dead on the ground. She covers her fresh wound, a few blood drips sliding down her leg as she hears a growl coming from one of the five men.

Cabal sighs and kicks the last zombie, stomping on its head, crashing it into self. He glances at the five men who all seemed highly drawn towards Nemesis’s bleeding wound.

Cabal reaches Nemesis and pulls the wounded woman aside, “Damaris patch her up.” His fangs drip in hunger at the blood smell that had awaken his never ending appetite.

Damaris quickly nods and nurses her friend’s wound as Cabal inhales and walks away from the women. Howie smiles and licks his lips as his watches Nemeses while Cabal yanks the man away and tells the others to help him clean off the weapons, anything that can distract them all from the fresh pure blood that had spilled, its sweet scent filling the air. They nod and oblige, following Cabal over to a small river that flowed nearby them.

“Well that was weird now wasn’t it?” Damaris mutters once the men had left them. Nemesis nods and slides down, extending her leg with the broken skin.

“Yuck, you don’t think I’m infected now right?” Nemesis mutters, her lower lip quivering as Damaris smirks.

“Na, you can’t convert into a zombie its not religion last time I checked.” Damaris joked, bringing a smile on her partner’s face.

“Well good cause, I wouldn’t make a nice zombie.”

“I know, I can tell.” Damaris teases, receiving a playful punch from Nemesis. “Hey girl watch it. You’re rough.” Damaris laughs, playfully grabbing her arm.

“Yeah oh well. So did you see how they all looked like they wanted to jump me when I started bleeding?” Nemesis whispers as she cringes in pain at the aesthetics that Damaris was using to clean the wound.

Damaris smirks and looks up at her, “Yeah in more than one way, especially Howie.”

“Shut up. He’s not into me.”

“Ha, really now? Could have fooled me.” Damaris mentions, wrapping a cotton cloth around Nemesis’s wound.

Nemesis rolls her eyes, “Whatever. Think what you want to. I don’t even know the man like that.”

“Ha, you don’t have to. Though you gotta admit, they all make extremely sexy vampires. For a moment I wouldn’t have minded if any of them suck my neck.” Damaris jokes around trying to lighten up the stale mood that lingered in the atmosphere.

Nemesis snorts and stands up, holding the tree for support, “I’ll be fine, let’s head over to the guys, I don’t want to be alone incase the zombies brought any more of their friends.”

“Good idea.” Damaris states: grabbing the bag with the weapons in it and both head down towards the river to catch up to the men.
~*~

The black Lincoln navigator pulls up a shed and Liam leaps up followed by Orion and another vampire. The driver, another vampire remains seated in the vehicle as the three head towards the shed. Liam narrows his eyes and peers close at the shed. Opening the creaking wooden door, he holds it open for Orion and the other vampire to enter.

“Master Liam.” Salem, the vampire with them, calls out.

“Yes?”

“I thought there was a lock to this crate?” Salem asks, peering his small eyes down at the large wooden crate inside of the shed.

“Huh? Pull the crate out.” Liam orders as Orion and Salem drag the crate out of the shed. Once it was outside, Liam stands in front of it and narrows his eyes at the open lock of the crate. “Dammit! Those fools must have gotten a hold of some of the blood in here.”

“Looks like we’ll have to armed and protective cause they have the O negative vials with them, we’re as good as dead.” Orion whispers, his deep voice whispers quietly.

Liam glances at Orion who was passing a lazy dark chocolate hand over his bald head, “Hmmm, you think they figured out the purpose of that blood?”

“I’m sure of it.” Salem states, piling the blood vials into the armory and weapons.

“Great. Well I guess, we’ll need to find Demetrius, the more of us there are, the better we are in defeating Dagon.” Liam whispers solemnly.

“Can you do it? Can you kill your father when it comes down to it?” Orion asks as they begin boarding back into the navigator.

Liam sighs and shakes his head, “I’ll see soon enough.” And they pull away from the shed to track down Demetrius.
~*~

Her gentle playful giggles, bubble around them as they trek through the woods. “Master Demetrius, I’ve never been out here in this area. It’s so pretty and quiet.” Jezreel states, her velvet crimson dress flutters behind her as the gold lining embroidered around the edges of her dress. “Do you think we can find Master Liam? He seems rather lonely and he’s hurting you know?”

“Hurting in what way?” Demetrius asks curiously as Jezreel small ashen mocha hands fiddle with the sleeves of her dress.

She looks up at him, her beautiful emerald orbs burn into him as she smiles, “He’s confused. You know since Master Dagon has come.”

“Well, whatever he’s going through, we’ll talk to him shortly. In fact, I believe they’re out looking for us. So I say, why not enjoy tonight. Let’s wait besides the river until they come for us.” Demetrius states, holding onto the small child next to him. She slips her little hand into his large one and the couple descend down towards the river.

“What do you think will happen with those five men?” Jezreel asks innocently, batting her little eyes at the small dirt that fluttered towards her.

“They’ll have to die for our race to live on sweetie.”

“Why do they need to die?”

“Because they are the ones that can destroy our race if we’re not careful.”

“How?”

Demetrius exhales, knowing children always are full of questions, “Because they don’t like us. And because Dagon is in one of them, he wants to rule again and I can’t take orders from that man. He wants to kill me because me and Liam failed in bringing him back over a hundred years ago. I can’t let him win, if he does, I’ll die and you’re without a friend.”

“No!!! You can’t die, I won’t let Dagon take you. You belong to me. He can’t take you away.” She cries out in rage, her eyes burn brightly.

Demetrius smiles, “Well don’t worry, I’ll make sure that won’t happen. He won’t live to see another day. Liam and I will destroy him at dawn when his powers are the weakest.”

“But what about the sun?” Jezreel asks cautiously.

“Well be fine, the sun doesn’t fully come out till six fifteen this morning. We’ll have plenty of time to kill him.”

“Will we hang Dagon on the rope by the tree?” Jezreel asks with hope.

“If all goes well then yes. Now hush now, we need to rest. The battle is about to start and I need you to be safe.” Demetrius whispers as they pass by bare trees and descend down the hill to where the river is at.
~*~

**~To Be Continued…~**