- Text Size +
“The Blood Pact”

**~A Lost Child~**

Demetrius smiles and watches the peaceful dark river slide pass him as Jezreel rested her small head upon his lap. He licks his lips and leans back on the bark of the tree as his pale fingers trails gently over Jezreel’s raven curls. “Sleep my child. Liam is here, I can smell him. The battle will begin shortly.” He whispers, his dark eyes scan the small hill across from the river. He sits up slowly, his ears perked at the sound of branches breaking. “Who’s there?” He hisses, guarding the child protectively, wrapping his arms around Jezreel. A looming shadow approaches the two crouched besides the river.

Suddenly a laughter burst into the night sky as Demetrius stares at the darkness before him in confusion. The dark shadow creeps into the silver light and giggles. Blue green eyes pierce at him as the shadow pulls out a metal fan, the clinking sound shattering the silent air. Suddenly the metal weapon flies in the night air, heading straight for Demetrius throat. Just as the weapon was inches away from slitting his throat, Jezreel captures the flying fan in her small delicate hands gracefully, glaring at the dark figure in the shadow. Palms down, Jezreel examines the estrange weapon as the shadow inches foward into the moonlight.

“Well, well, well. If it isn’t my old buddy Demetrius. How ya doing FRIEND?!” The feminine voice shrieks, stepping in front of him with a smirk scrolled on her face.

“Nemesis?! You found me. I’m surprised you’re still alive. Well what do I own this honor of meeting your grace before me?” Demetrius whispers calmly, a cool expression crosses his face as a smile pries his face.

“You killed my brother!” She cries out, the flaxen locks lying tangled on her broad shoulders.

“Well technically yes, but I wasn’t the actual murderer, perhaps you should resolve your anger for the real betrayers: those men you’re walking around with. They were the ones who slit your brother’s throat, I was just watching calmly how that fresh delectable prized blood dripped onto the floor. I just controlled their actions, they were under my powers, no control for their own self conscious. Man that was great, having control of humans again, I miss that.” Demetrius whispers, his dark eyes lit up.

Nemesis screams out the pulsating vulgarities that was tearing at her soul and glares down to notice for the first time a small child, a girl of six years of age. “Who, who’s she?” She whispers dryly, her eyes locking in place with the small child’s.

Demetrius snorts and glances around, sniffing the air, “You wondered away from your group as usual. You never could stay in place with others. That’s why you needed to always work on your own. I admire that about your personality.”

“Answer my question you demon.” Nemesis hisses out, reaching out to grab for her weapon. The girl moves back, her small ashen mocha hands grip the metal fan tightly in her hands.

“She’s my little girl. The future queen, she’s looking for her husband.” Demetrius explains lightly, feeling the boring of Nemesis’s eyes on him.

“Your daughter? And since when is she the queen? Besides she can’t be married, she’s only a child.” Nemesis mutters, rolling her eyes watching the girl smirk.

“I am his daughter.” She hisses, clasping her hands. “Master Demetrius took me in when my mom left me. He cares for me and has been watching me since.”

“Oh nice.” Nemesis whispers uninterested, “You took a girl in, man you changed. You’ve gotten lovely dovey on me since me and Maris left. Wow, the society sure did change you.” She growls. “You even got that poor girl to call you master, you should feel horrible.” She murmurs, casting her eyes down the small child clinging to Demetrius trench coat.

“Shut up, she calls me that at her own will. She respects me for what I’ve done to her, unlike someone I know!” He growls, narrowing his eyes at Nemesis.

Nemesis smirks and tries to unsuccessfully yank the metal fan out of Jezreel’s hands, “That belongs to me girl.”

Jezreel narrows her beautiful emerald eyes and grips the weapon in her small hands, “Go fetch girl!” She flings the fan and lets it sail through the air onto the road side.

Nemesis growls and was about to reach for the girl’s throat when she felt Demetrius hands on her shoulders, “I think its best you leave. You’re only causing more trouble and irritating the queen.”

“Queen? Ha, Queen of my a…” Nemesis was about to say but is cut off as the ground trembles violently with the roaring and pounding footsteps and arriving vehicles on the roadside.

Demetrius laughs and shakes his head, “Oh poor Nemesis, go get your weapon before it’s too late. Liam just arrived along with the rest of the vampire colony. You’re friends are about to die and it will be all your fault.”

“My fault?! What?” Nemesis growls, “Don’t try to pinpoint your misdeeds on me, I have nothing to do with your sick intentions and you know it.”

“Ahh, you’re correct but see who will the vampire colony believe: a fellow vampire or a retched human yourself? Think logically my dear, it only makes sense when you think about it.”

Nemesis hisses and stares at Jezreel with rage in her eyes, “I suggest you watch that child before I get my hands on her myself. My brother’s death will not go unpunished.” And with that, Nemesis disappears back into the shadows to catch up with her group.

Jezreel lifts her dark eyebrows, “What’s her problem?”

“You. But don’t worry, she can’t touch you. You have better things to look forward too.”

“Like my king and husband.” Jezreel whispers, her emerald eyes lit up.

“Let’s go. Liam is waiting for us.” Demetrius whispers, clasping his hands with Jezreel and both head out the road to meet the on coming vampire colony.
~*~

Liam steps off the black vehicle and inhales the cold crisp air. Smiling, he watches Orion adjusts the pistol in his holster. “I forgot why people breath, its strange I guess. I love the cold on my skin its invigorating. But it must be strange to feel the air in one’s lungs.”

“Yeah, Demetrius is here.” Orion points out as Liam turns to welcome his brother and the little child.

“What is she doing here? Its too dangerous and she could get shot along the way.” Liam mutters, eyeing Jezreel.

“I’ll be fine, you promised me a husband Master Liam, where is he is?” She asks impatiently, her light eyes boring into Liam.

Liam smiles and shrugs his shoulders, “He’s around here somewhere. You have your choice of the four men.”

“I thought there were five?” Jezreel asks, scanning around the roadside now filled with more than two dozens vampires and army tanks.

“There are, but remember little one that the fifth is not your choice, Dagon is in the man, you don’t belong to him.” Demetrius explains, seeing Orion and Salem giving orders to load and lock.

“We have the entire forest surrounded. They can’t escape us, they’re in there somewhere, now all we gotta do is play hide and seek with them.” Liam mutters.

“Hide Jezreel now. She can’t be here, she’ll get hurt.” Liam commands, watching Demetrius lead the child towards an array of trees.

Orion smiles and holds out a rifle smiling, “You ready chief?”

Liam nods his head and smiles, “More than ready.” And they begin shooting into the forest.
~*~

“See this is not cool! Dude, did you see the size of that army?! And you think the eight of us stand a chance?!” Nick cries out, concern shrouding his thoughts.

Cabal nods his head, “Ah yeah, that’s how it’s planned. But Nick, guys, we have nothing to worry about. We’re armed and got the latest in blood supply.”

“So that’s just suppose to make me feel good now?!” A.J. mutters, glaring at Cabal as he picks up a small magnum and starts to reload the weapon.

“No, not really, just enough to let you know that we can defeat them.” Cabal whispers.

Damaris smirks and scratches the side of her head, “Speaking of the eight of us, where’s did our eighth member go anyway?”

“Uh, I thought she was with you?” Brian asks, sitting up splashing water on his face.

Damaris shrugs her shoulders, “I’m her friend not her guardian. I don’t know where she wonders.”

Howie smiles and twirls the caliber of his pistol. He locks his rifle in place and glances at Damaris, “Maybe you should go find her, its not safe you know?”

Damaris rolls her eyes, “Nice try Dagon, I’m not dying out there, their already shooting!” As she states, bullets begin to litter the area.

“They’re shooting!” Nick quakes as Kevin raises his hands over his head for protection.

Cabal licks his lips and the others stay close to the ground avoiding the bullets. “Ready, aim, fire.” Cabal whispers loudly.

They begin shooting and one blood filled tube got a vampire soldier, sending the creature to smoke and yell and finally burn up, the black flames consume the creature.

“Oh right! Did you see that?” Brian yells happily.

“Sure did, these babies are gonna kill off those suckers once and for all.”

Damaris gulps, clutching the pistol in her hands. Lying on her stomach, she begins shooting all the while thinking of where Nemesis could be.
~*~

Nemesis creeps up quietly hidden behind a thick bush, watching Demetrius point up to a tree telling Jezreel to stay hidden on the branches within the shadows.

Once Demetruis clears the area, Nemesis exhales, watching the army of vampire soldiers shooting and racing around and through the forest. “Guys, I’ll be shortly, just gotta take care of a little business.” She whispers to herself. Creeping quietly out of the bushes, she stays close to the ground and reaches the tree. She leaps on one of the branches and sees the back of Jezreel kneeling on a thick upper branch above hers. Smiling, Nemesis stretches out her hands and climbs up the bark slowly and silently. She reaches the branch and giggles softly, pulling out her pistol and aiming it at Jezreel.

“Say good night girl.” Nemesis mutters, rage burning in her hurt soul. “If I can’t have my brother, then Demetrius can’t have his little girl.” And with that, she pulls the trigger and sends a bullet at the child.
~**~

**~To Be Continued…~**