- Text Size +
“The Blood Pact”

**~Fatal Truth~**

The bullet soars into the air, only mere centimeters away from hitting Jezreel’s forehead, but Jezreel turns in time to see it and hisses loudly, flying off the branch. As she jumps off, she knocks Nemesis’s pistol away, causing the woman to tumble off the branch along with her. Both land roughly onto the ground with Jezreel landing on top of Nemesis’s stomach. Nemesis’s groans as she lands on her back, crashing painfully on the rocky dusty ground.

“What do you think you’re doing? You dare to rise up against me, I’ll make sure to wipe the floor with you.” Jezreel hisses, her tiny mocha hands clasp around Nemesis’s throat, practically crushing it immediately.

Nemesis chokes out and struggles to kick off the tiny child while the stampede of the soldiers around her sounded off. She was caught off guard at how strong the child really was and she desperately watches the child hiss, the soft dark curls brushing her cheeks.

“I’ll kill you! You won’t stand in my way of taking what belongs to me!” The girl screams as Nemesis in her last attempt flings the little girl off her. Nemesis whips out a blade and plunges it into the child’s leg. Jezreel screeches and her hands loosen off Nemesis’s throat.

“Back off!” Nemesis growls: sending Jezreel to sail into the air, flying off her. Jezreel screams and lands squarely on her back: rolling around in agony. And with that, Nemesis takes off into the direction where her friends are, pulling out two black magnums from her holsters. Spreading out her arms in front of her, she begins firing off: littering the vampire soldiers with the deadly pelted blood vials. Black acrid smoke fills the air as the vampires burn and explode from the results of the vials.

Laughing insanely, she makes her way through the other side of the forest as Damaris raises her head and yells, “There she is!”

Howie and the others gather around her and smile as Nemesis reaches them, gasping out of breath.

“Where were you?” Cabal steps forward, spreading out the others as some on-coming bullets ricochet, hitting trees and barks, grass and anything solid that stood in its way.

Nemesis shrugs her shoulders, “Taking care of business. I tried going after that little wench Jezreel or whatever the hell her name is.”

Brian sighs, “So she’s gone then right?”

“Not sure. She’s hard to kill, little brat seems to have powers and she’s stronger than she appears.” Nemesis grumbles pulling out and wiping her bloody blade on the cuffs of her worn jeans.

“I’m going after Orion.” A.J. whispers, a dark glint flooded his eyes as he grips his 9mm pistol in his hand.

Cabal nods and stares at Howie, “Will you join us?”

Howie turns to the on coming soldiers running towards their direction and smiles, “Yes. I have plans for my sons. Liam and Demetrius will get punished for deserting me.”

“Great, so we have the all powerful vampire on our side. I assume this is a good thing right?” Nick mutters, glancing at the others.

Damaris shrugs her shoulders as Kevin lifts up his pistol and sends a flying vial pellet into a vampire who was inches away from touching him. It exploded before all of them as they all duck and cough, the dark smoke invading their delicate nostrils.

“Nice shot Kev.” Brian whispers, raising his head from his kneeling position.

“Yeah, came with the training,” Kevin whispers, glancing at the two women thankfully.

Damaris nods while Nemesis smirks, kissing the edge of her pistol.

“We have plans, I say we group up into smaller groups to kill the leaders.” Cabal states, over the roaring pounding of the bullets sailing through the forest.

Howie nods, “I agree. I’m heading towards Liam. Anyone care to join?”

Nick smirks, “I’ll go, I hate being compared to him, I don’t look anything like him!”

Brian snorts, “Sure you do Nick, sure you do.”

“Fine, Nick. Anyone else?” Howie whispers.

Damaris smirks, “I’ll go. Figured you guys will need a woman’s touch on this.”

Howie nods and smiles, “Great. We’ll head off in a minute.”

Cabal cleans his pistol and sighs, “I’m going after Demetrius, any takers?”

“Ohhh hooo. I’m in!” Nemesis growls, imagining Demetrius’ sufferings.

Kevin smiles, “I’m in.”

“Great.” Cabal smiles.

“So where does that leave us?” A.J. asks, pulling off his shades and tossing them aside on the grass.

“You two will take out the soldiers in the south perimeter. Liam doesn’t do a good job in plotting his army around that base and it’s more safe. Plus, you can take out the soldiers hidden there and they won’t see you. But we have to hurry. Sunrise is only four hours away and we have to destroy them by then.” Cabal whispers, loading up, adding ammunition to his rifle.

The others nodded and smile, preparing to take off until A.J. whispers out, “Wait.”

“Huh what is it?” Brian asks.

A.J. smirks and places his hand in the center of the circle of the group. Brian laughs and places his hand on top of A.J.’s. Nick places his hand on top of Brian, smirking all the while as Damaris and Nemesis joins in. Kevin and Howie add their hands and finally after much consideration, Cabal places his palm on top of the pile.

“Good luck. This battle is on and we will win.” Cabal whispers.

A.J. grins, “Ready, one, two, three. Backstreet’s back alright!” And the hands go down and fly up as the laughter mixed in.

“Let’s go.” Howie whispers as they rush off to their opposite sides. Howie, Nick and Damaris race towards the parked army tanks where Liam was suspected to be spotted.

Nemesis, Kevin and Cabal creep silently further into the forest where Demetrius was last seen in hopes to destroy one of the main vampires.
~*~

“When I see him, I want to personally rip his limbs apart slowly as he watches on still breathing.” Nemesis hisses, clutching her pistol to her chest.

Cabal laughs and quiets down Nemesis, “Shhh! I know you can’t wait to get your hands on him, but remember we have an army of more than sixty vampire soldiers on foot waiting to take us down before we can even reach him.”

“Well that should be no problem. We can blast them down. Demetrius can’t be watched all the time.” Kevin whispers as they edge the forest clearance and lie close to the grassy ground.

Cabal smirks, “I have an idea. Nemesis since Demetrius seems fond of you, I say go up to him and throw him off with a little distraction. We can shoot him if he’s distracted long enough.”

“Fine by me.” Nemesis growls, stepping onto the quiet roadside. “Demetrius, where are you? Be a man and face me.”

A herd of vampire soldiers all dressed in black begin reaching them, shooting at her direction. Cabal and Kevin step onto the road, strapped with rifles and loaded gun, firing at the large crowd of vampires. In a matter of minutes, herds of large thick darkening smoke covers the atmosphere, leaving the three to cough for relief.

“Man how many was that?” Kevin chokes out, his emerald eyes clouded with distress from the smoke.

“Too little, that wasn’t even half of that group, there are too many in this place.” Cabal whispers, scanning over the bloody vacant army tanks lined up down the road.

“Great. We’re not even close…” Nemesis mutters.

“Shhh… what’s that sound?” Kevin’s ears perked up as Cabal smiles and snaps his caliber into place with fresh blood vials.

“He’s around here. I can hear his voice.” Nemesis whispers: grinning widely, crouching down behind a large bush with the other two.

Cabal gives a signal, pointing with his finger to head out, “Stay in the shadows, we don’t want to get caught.”

Kevin and Nemesis nod and both crawl over behind a thick bark of a tree. “I see him.” Kevin whispers, clutching his pistol in his hand tightly.

“I’ll kill him.” She growls, her eyes burning in rage.

“No, I’ll get him, you’ll distract him.” Kevin whispers as Cabal races in the shadows of the opposite side of them killing off a small troop of soldiers.

“Screw that! He’s deserves to die in my hands.” Nemesis hisses, her emerald sapphire orbs gleam in hatred.

“No! I’ll do it. I think I have more of a reason to do it than you!” He growls, revealing his new fangs that poked gently out.

Nemesis exhales and nods her head in agreement, “Fine. But I have to tell you, if you don’t let me get something in, I’ll never forgive you.”

“Well I can’t have that happen. Howie will never forgive me then.” Kevin smiles softly as Nemesis blushes. “Howie will be ok. I promise you that. Dagon will leave his body in three hours. I know he’s fallen for you. He hasn’t stop talking about you since we left the society.”

“You can stop lying now. I know he has no interest in me. He doesn’t even know me, how can he fall for me?” Nemesis whispers, adjusting her leather halter top and placing a blade in the wedge of her bosoms.

“Hey vampires have feelings too. And besides we’re not fully vampires yet, our bodies are still transforming, I heard we don’t go through the complete metamorphosis till tomorrow.” Kevin smirks, giving her a look.

Rolling her eyes, she steps out of the trees, “Whatever.” And smirks, spotting Demetrius in the center of the large herd of vampires.

“Hey Demetrius, how ya doing?” She grins widely, batting her eyes at him. She moves suavely over to him, pushing through the group of vampires. “Excuse me guys, I wanna talk to the leader.” She purrs, slipping through the pile of vampires. Demetrius watches her and smiles.

“Well you came back to play. Do you feel bad for your failed attempt at destroying Jezreel?” Demetrius smirks, eyeing the woman before him.

Yawning, she places her hand over her mouth and smirks, “I didn’t fail, I let her live for a few more minutes. But don’t worry, she’ll fall just like the rest of your posse. Demetrius you should bad for what you’re doing. You lied to me. How could you lie to me Deme?” She bats her eyes at him, trialing her soft fingers down his cheek.

Demetrius laughs and screams out, “Watch out, it’s a plan! Don’t be fooled by her!” The herd of vampires turn around and aim their arsenal at any impending danger that can occur. Smiling, Nemesis giggles and clasps her hands in his,

“Shhh, down boy. You don’t want to spoil the surprise. I thought you’d be excited to see me again. What happened? Why the sudden mood change Deme?”

“Enough! You can stop that Nemesis, I know you have something plan. Where are you little friends girl? They can’t get me. I’m not that easy.”

“Ha, could have fooled me.” She whispers, her light locks gleaming softly in the moonlight.

Growling, Demetrius grabs Nemesis by the throat and lifts her up in one hand, “Don’t play with me anymore little bit…”

Suddenly he stops mid-sentence and growls, letting go of his grip, leaving Nemesis to topple onto the ground. He heard the loud gun shot and felt its bullet lodged in the back of his neck. He hisses and stares around the land, spotting Kevin perched on the highest branch of a tree aiming the pistol at his direction. “Son of a…” Demetrius growls, touching the wound at the base of neck. Stained in blood, he pulls his hand away and stares at his hand, hissing.

“Sir, we’re waiting for your cue to shoot, the man that shot you disappeared immediately, I sent some of the soldiers off to find him, but so far nothing.” A soldier states.

Demetrius nods and hisses out, “Go after him. I’ll take the girl!” And he snaps Nemesis’s head so she was staring at him. “Well blondie, you thought you were so smart pulling off that move! Bullet’s can’t kill me.” His grin broadens.

Suddenly a small glint in Nemesis’s eye sparks a grin across her soft features. “Demetrius, you’re mistaken. That wasn’t a bullet that struck you. That was a vial full of your favorite blood, O negative.” She hisses slowly, enjoying the horrid look that crossed his face.

“WHAT?!” He screams out, throwing the woman painfully down on the ground, placing his hands over the small bullet wound. “This, THIS CAN’T BE!” He chokes out, his body weakening and breaking as he falls onto his knees. Nemesis stands up and points at him, pulling at her magnums and firing off at the surrounding vampires with Cabal and Kevin appearing out of the shadows, destroying the rest of the small group that surrounded Demetrius.

“There. They’re out of here.” Kevin whispers, watching Demetrius happily. Demetrius looks up at Kevin and laughs.

“You fools, you don’t know what you’re doing! You kill me, you die as well. You’re connected to me or have you forgotten?” Demetrius chokes out, his grey eyes catching sight of Kevin’s smirk.

Cabal watches near by as he and Nemesis blast off of a few more soldiers heading their way. Kevin leans down and grabs a handful of raven hair in his hands, “No I haven’t forgotten. But you’re not the leader. Liam is. And besides we’re still changing, we can’t die. At least not yet that it.” And with that, he places the pistol on the Demetrius’s left temple, smiling the entire time. “Hell will be good for you I’m sure of it.” And Nemesis turns around in time, watching Kevin pull the trigger, letting the deadly blood vial slam into the vampire’s head. Demetrius hisses as a ball of dark smoke and flames burst out of him, instantly killing him. Kevin backs away from the combustion and smiles at Nemesis who gives him a thumbs up.

“Nice, you got the balls to do away with him and you did it the way I showed ya.” Nemesis smirks.

“Well I learned from the best.” Kevin smiles as Cabal high fives the two and the three head out to find A.J. and Brian.
~*~

“I’m cold.” A.J. grumbles, crossing his arms across his chest for warmth.

Brian smirks and adjusts his pistol, “Yeah well, Florida’s weather is acting up.” The cold mists escaping his mouth after each word.

A.J. watches the small cold crisp river before him, he scans around the forest to find in the near distance a small explosion. Smirking, he turns around to Brian, “Hey you think that was Demetrius?”

“I hope so.”

“So what happens after we kill these things off, will we live?” A.J. whispers out.

Brian shrugs his shoulders, “I got no clue man. Things are so screwed up, none of this still makes sense.”

“Well how about I make it clear for you?” A sudden dark deep voice rasps.

A.J. gulps and tightens his grip on his pistol. “Orion.”

“Yeah, I can finish what I was supposed to do earlier. Seems this time you’re with your friend here instead of that chick. Oh well. Either way, I’m getting rid of trash.” Orion hisses.

“Hey, whoa, I thought we were all on the same team?” Brian whispers eyeing Orion.

Orion laughs, “Well since your little trip back at the sanctuary with Liam, I think we both changed sides.” Pointing his rifle at A.J. he smirks.

Brian grips his pistol and with shaking hands quickly rises it and nervously pulls the trigger. Where the bullet landed? Well he would have to see and get closer.
~*~

Howie and Nick trudge through the thick mass of green thorns and bushes as Damaris walks calmly behind them.

“I’m gonna kill his little blonde hairs out one by one.” Nick mumbles, kicking a small stone. Damaris laughs behind him and smirks,

“You’re not too fond of him now are you?”

“Oh gee, what could have told ya that?” Nick whispers sarcastically.

“Ah, just a wild guess.”

“Shhh...” Howie whispers suddenly stopping, sniffing the air. “He’s around here somewhere.”

“Good, I wanna tear him apart, he made my life a living hell.” Nick and Damaris hiss in unison.

Smiling, Howie nods his head and grins, “Quietly if we move further down this path in the forest, Liam will be there and we can deposit the body into this river.”

“Man you’re twisted dude.” Nick eyes his friend.

Howie’s eyes lighten up and gaze up at his friend, ‘Twisted what?”

“Nothing D. Dagon is screwing with you.” Nick whispers as they continue clomping through the dry leaves and thick mass of green bushes.

“Oh. Wait, guys I’m scared.” Howie whispers feeling Damaris’s hand on his shoulder,

“Well you won’t really remember. Dagon will be the one killing off Liam. But I need you to remain calm. If you don’t let Dagon get rid of Liam then we’re all pretty screwed.”

“There he is.” Nick whispers loudly, pointing his finger towards a large herd of vampires that surrounded a few army tanks with their leader on board.

“Bingo, will you guys let me know what happened?” Howie asks, watching Nick nod his head,

“Though I don’t know if you want to know.”

“Well it doesn’t matter. I need to know. Just in case. And watch over me, I don’t trust what Dagon has planned for my body.” Howie whispers as he smiles and then his eyes darken again, Dagon gaining control again.

Damaris gulps and eyes Nick as both sigh and continue their trek towards Liam’s unsuspecting party.
~**~

**~To Be Continued…~**