- Text Size +
A/N: I’m back for another chapter to this wonderful story. Please drop a review, thanks Kimberly for liking this story as well as my lil’ one Ana for supporting this story! *grins* Enjoy and let me know what you think. Take care. By the way, I’m writing this cute story with Natalie in the sci-fi section called “Not Too Young” If you’re interested in what the story is about, then go ahead and check that out!

“The Blood Pact”

**~ Nightfall Society~**

Orion picks up the Ethica 33 shotgun and loads the bullets in place. Twirling the barrel, he smiles as he clicks the bullets into their space. He raises the shotgun into a pathway of trees and pulls on the trigger, sending a loud pop into the dark air. About a couple of ravens cry out as a bunch of them swarm out of the gnarly leafless decaying trees. The ravens cry out and flap over Orion as they disappear into the dark air, leaving Orion alone in his quietness. He tugs on his black leather tank top and passes his dark chocolate hands over his neatly shaven bald head. He fingers the shotgun and tucks it into a clip over his back, the small clip was attached to his belt as he places the gun neatly into the clip. Sighing happily, he crunches over the dead brown fallen leaves that litter the ground to join up with Liam.

Liam, a rather lanky thin man with almost pale if not ivory skin glows brightly in the silver moonlight that shines down on them. Liam’s short light blonde hair blows over his face in the gentle wind as his grey eyes scan the rushing clear river before him. He stands at six feet, three inches, as he gazes at Orion. “Can you smell it?” He whispers happily.

Orion raises his black eyebrows, “What should I be smelling?”

Liam chuckles gently, his fangs gleaming in the natural silver moonlight. “The smell of death. If we can take over this community, we can be open to having access to water ports and spread our virus.”

Orion chuckles, “Man Liam, you’re some twisted mother…”

Liam interrupts him not letting Orion finish his sentence, “Uh, uh. Not so. Orion I believe this plan is brilliant. Think about it. People are just a waste, food in my eyes. We need to take over and give Earth a new meaning. Let’s show these people the real meaning of life.”

Orion smiles, his fangs glittering in the natural light. “I heard of Demetrius and his clan. He’s importing new workers for the collection of blood.”

“Ummm…Demetrius still up to his same ol’ tricks. Wonder who he got to work for him? These people in this community would rather risk their lives than work for a vampire. To tell you the truth, I’d be quite surprise if he managed to gain new workers. He should have learned his lesson before hand. I almost killed him and his clan. He was lucky to have lived through what I did to him. We almost eliminated him and killed off all the workers except Cabal.” Liam rasps angrily. “Now he wants to make a come back. When will he learn he can’t kill his master? I made him, for surely I can destroy him as well.”

Orion smiles, “Seems like a student-teacher battle to me.” His dark eyes scan the running river before him as he stands on the wet soil, eyeing Liam. He quietly gazes at the dark small black crescent moon tattoo marked on the back of Liam’s neck. The same mark he along with the other four vampires in the group have.

“Think whatever you want to think. I don’t have time for Demetrius and his little antics.” Liam states quietly as a soft breeze tickles his cheeks.

The quiet forest lies peacefully, with no life in it. The winter trees shudder in their naked branches as a violent wind gusts into the forest.

Liam and Orion smile as they quietly discuss some plans. Suddenly a screaming woman rushes into the forest and interrupts the talking pair. Both men stare at the woman and smile. Her dark crimson hair falls short and parts in half, right behind her snowy ears. Her light emerald eyes bore into the men before her. Her painted dark red lips smirk, as she licks her lower lip gently. She stands tall in her high heeled 5-inch black boots. The small clicking of her heels echo in the night air. She scrapes her heel on the ground and kicks her leg up towards Orion’s face. Orion ducks and was inches away from the silver blade that was the woman’s heel.

“Nice heels Kindel, where did you come from?” Liam asks genuinely concern.

She smirks, her arch red eyebrows curve in a question. “Why must you know? I was feeding.” Her white fangs gleam, tainted with the red liquid of life. The side of her pale neck shows the black crescent tattooed moon.

Liam smiles and embraces the woman, pulling her in towards his chest. “Why couldn’t you wait till after we had deposited the poison?”

She purrs in his ears, “You were taking too long, besides my stomach was hungering for the blood out there.”

“You have such a blood lust, you should control that. You can’t eat all the time now you know?” Liam whispers loudly.

Kindel sucks her teeth and gently pushes away from Liam chest, pushing her arms towards his chest.

Orion yawns and fingers his w&s double action pistol on his belt. “Guys lets go. The others haven’t arrived yet and we’re at risked of being spotted by anyone.” Liam and Kindel both nod and follow Orion out of the forest.
~*~

Howie gasps and leans back behind a bare tree. He wipes his hand over the cold sweat that appeared on his forehead suddenly. Swallowing hard down the nervousness that rose within him, he looks around at forest. He had decided to take a walk down the road away from the stadium to clear his head from all the anxiety of the upcoming concert performance but walked in on something completely unexpected. He heard of people that were called vampires due to their obsessive behavior and attitudes of those mystical creatures, but he never bumped into anyone that really was like that. He gulps and shakes his head, “No, they’re not real.” He overheard the conversations the three people were having and he didn’t like it one bit. The one thing that struck him was the name Demetrius. He heard of that name before, the one that attacked Nick yesterday. What didn’t make sense was, why would that man go after Nick? Nick wasn’t prey and what did that man Liam meant by new workers? The conversation crept its way into Howie’s chest, nagging at him, scaring him if even for a moment. He runs his shaking caramel hands through his short brown hair. Things weren’t adding up, that group’s conversation didn’t sound like something pleasant or normal one would discuss. He gulps fearing Nick could be involved in something far more unpleasant than anything.

He stands up and takes a shaky breath before he runs off towards the stadium.
~*~

A.J. snaps his head up from his reading as he sees Howie enter the dressing room nervously. A.J. watches his friend struggle out of his blue jacket and tremble slightly.

“Yo D. You aight? You look like you’ve seen a ghost. What’s the deal?” A.J. asks quietly.

“Not, nothing man. Just some stuff I heard.” Howie whispers softly, fingering a pen on the desk next to him.

“Care to share?” A.J. asks standing up next to Howie with arms crossed in front of him.

Howie clears his throat, “It’s well. Well when I took a walk towards the forest down from the stadium. I heard some conversation from like three strange people. They mentioned the guy Demetrius who attacked Nick the other day. He had something to do with recruiting people and the group talked about flooding the water with some poison. For what, I’m not sure.”

A.J. grimaces and shakes his head, “What about those people? Did they see you? Should we fear them? I mean I’m unclear on this, you saw something more didn’t you?”

Howie licks his soft lips and nods his head, “Yeah, yeah. They had fangs, like a wolf or something. It was weird.”

A.J. narrows his eyes, “Did they by any chance have a tattoo of a black cross?”

Howie shakes his head, “No, why?”

“Oh nothing.” A.J. states, shaking his head.

Howie gazes at A.J. wanting a deeper explanation but shrugs it off. “Well actually they did have a tattoo, it was of a black crescent moon. Does that mean anything to you?”

A.J. shrugs his shoulders, “Why you asking me like I know?”

“Don’t know, maybe you know more about this than any of us?” Howie whispers.

A.J. raises his eyebrows, “Well I don’t, I was just curious that’s all.”

Howie didn’t realize that the other guys were quietly sitting in the dressing room watching them in silence.

Finally Nick responds, “That’s the Nightfall society.” He feels in his jean pockets the small business card Damaris had given him before.

Kevin narrows his eyes, “Nightfall? What’s up with you guys and this whole society thing. A.J. didn’t you say those two girls were part of something called the Crimson society?”

A.J. nods his head, “Yeah, this must be another posse. I’m just thinking it’s two gangs of bored kids who got nothing better to do than to scare people.”

Brian finally speaks after analyzing the whole absurd conversation. “What about this group that you saw D? Did they seem strange to you?”

Howie nods and tells them he saw how one of the people literally grow fangs. “You guys, not for nothing, but that can’t be fake. No surgery can give you teeth that grow and then change back normal. That’s not possible.” His voice shakes a bit.

Brian looks at Kevin in hopes that he isn’t falling for this whole thing.

Kevin peers at Brian and smiles, “Brian, Howie isn’t one for pulling jokes on us. He looks scared and I think that maybe there is a possibility that the group is more dangerous than we thought.”

A.J. pulls out his small silver cell phone and was about to dial, “Look we’ll call the cops, get more security and everything will be fine.” His voice sounds off tone as if distracted.

Kevin nibbles on his lower lip, “A.J. did you see anything when you came in here the other day? Cause you’ve been pretty spacey lately and I’m concerned about you.”

A.J. rolls his eyes and shakes his head. He grips a dresser behind him, leaning into it, gripping the edges tightly, his knuckles turning white. “I met two women. They were coming from the stadium…”

Suddenly Nick intercedes, “Wait, those were the two chicks in black right?”

A.J. nodded, “Yeah, well they told me something that I’m curious about. It seems me and Nick have a small black cross tattoo and the two girls have the same one’s. They said me and Nick are part of their group. I thought they were insane and left them thinking they were insane, but now that Howie is mentioning the people he saw, they have the same markings on them as well.”

Kevin rolls his emerald eyes, “Yeah well, that seems to be the most popular tattoos around, I mean even Brian here has one. I got a small one in my pelvic, but that doesn’t mean anything. Come on J, you’re not buying the crazy chick story are you?”

A.J. Nick and Howie stare at Kevin silently each thinking the same thought of the vampire group.

Kevin smirks, “What, oh let me guess, I’m part of the society too now aren’t I?” He chuckles softly to himself, his laughter echoed in the dressing room.

Brian gulps and didn’t like the way the three all saw something strange with the people of this community. “Ok, so, there are a lot of bored people. But that can’t explain anything? We didn’t prove they’re vampires cause that just can’t be possible right?”

Howie and Nick glance at each other and shake their heads in unison. “If you saw what I saw, then you’d believe to.” Howie whispers leaning back on another dresser.

Kevin claps his hands, distracting the others, “Guys, look, lets get ready. The concert is gonna start soon, we have to get ready. We’ll talk more about this and A.J. since you suggested it, make sure to remind me to call for more guards and security. And if one of you have to go out, take someone with you.”

“Yes mommy, we’ll do that.” Nick states jokily receiving a playful shove from Kevin as they gather their costumes and get ready for the concert.
~*~

Baal scans the scenery and smiles as a man crashes onto the pavement dead. Baal wipes his bloody mouth with his thick large cinnamon hands showing the black crescent tattooed moon. The silver sheet of moonlight caresses his soldier cut raven and red highlighted hair. Smiling, he intakes a gulp of chilly night air as his partner Hades smirks and checks for the corpse’s pulse.

“Nice, record breaking time B! He died in forty five seconds.” Hades states, his short spiky red hair gleams in the night air. He could feel his fangs protrude from his mouth as he smells the blood.

“I’m almost reaching my goal. Once I hit fifteen seconds, I can challenge Liam to a contest.” Baal states with a grin on his muscular face matching the rest of his build body.

Hades chuckles and shakes his head, scratching the left side of his caramel lower neck where the black tattooed crescent moon is. His dark eyes trace the trail of blood that leaks onto the old cobblestone street. “Ok, well time to head back. Liam must have been waiting for us in the forest. I heard he got some news on Demetrius and his posse, I’m curious to know.”

Baal nods and they both head out to catch up to their boss Liam.
~**~

**~To Be Continued…~**