- Text Size +
“The Blood Pact”

**~Ultimate Steps~**

He watches the bullet soar into the air, striking A.J.’s arm as Orion laughs.

Brian gasps and walks back slowly, crying out: “Sorry, it was an accident!” to his band mate A.J. who screams out and clutches his wounded arm.

“What the hell man?!” A.J. yells out watching Orion grab Brian by the throat, lifting the man off his feet. Brian’s legs swing softly, his breathing now caught while he gasps for any remaining air to enter his lungs.

Brian cries out and struggles to get freed from Orion’s grasp but fails miserably. A.J. growls and pulls out a .22 caliber pistol from his holster, shooting Orion in the back. More than five blood vials slam into his back, sending Orion into sudden convulsions. Growling, Orion turns around, flinging Brian to a nearby tree knocking the man unconscious.

“Brian!!” A.J. cries out.

Laughing, Orion smirks and shakes his head, “I can’t believe you. You…” He hisses slowly as the convulsions begin to slow down in his smoking body. “You…killed…me!” He gasps out, facing his direction: a pool of dark rich metallic liquid runs down the chin of his mouth as he collapses face first on the ground. His body burst into a harsh bright flame, exploding and sending burnt limbs to sail in the air.

A.J. cries out and inches back, falling on the ground as he coughs roughly. “Hol…holy mother of…” He whispers in fright, examining the corpse of the vampire. Scanning over to the tree, he crawls over to where Brian was lying unconscious. “Hey buddy. Rok, come on we have to go…”

Brian was lying still not moving as A.J. shakes his friend’s shoulders, “Come on get up. I don’t have time for this!” He cries out.

“Oh God!” He hears Kevin’s voice cut through the forest. A.J. turns in time to see Cabal, Kevin and Nemesis catch up to him.

“What happened!?” Kevin cries out, pulling his cousin close to him, checking for his pulse.

“He…he was thrown by Orion. He’s out.” A.J. whispers nervously, shuddering at the burnt and nauseating remains and smells of Orion.

“You lucky you killed him off before he did something worse. We wouldn’t have made it on time.” Cabal sighs, helping Kevin lift Brian in their arms.

Nemesis watches A.J. curiously and back at what was left of Orion, smirking she whispers: “I never did like him. He was so rude.”

A.J. smirks and sighs, “So we’re almost out of here then huh?” He wipes off a stain of the dry blood of his cheek and neck, that had splashed on him as Orion was choking on his own liquids.

“Just about.” Nemesis whispers: reloading her gun with fresh vials.

Smiling, he pokes Nemesis’s in her ribs, “If we all make it through all this, maybe you can hang out with us later after concerts and stuff, hell it will put a smile on Howie’s face.”

Nemesis smirks and nods her head quickly, “Ok, sounds like a plan. And I get to see a free concert and get away from all this.” She whispers, passing her hand around to the forest and the smoking substances of the remains of the dead vampire soldiers littering the ground.

“Tell me about it. Nemesis, you think the others can kill off Liam?”

“He’s not that easy to get rid off. Plus that little wench Jezreel is still wondering around here.” Nemesis grumbles, cracking her knuckles uneasily.

A.J. chuckles gently, gulping down the fear that somehow made its way down his body, sending shivers to pulsate through his body. “Cabal, where we heading now?”

“We should make our way over to the north side of the forest to meet the others. Liam should be around that area and I’m assuming that’s where Nick, Howie and Damaris are heading.”

Nemesis smirks, “I wanna see Liam die, can we go pleassssssse?” She playfully bats her eyes at Cabal’s direction as Kevin grunted, shaking his head.

A.J. shakes his head, sighing, “Alrighty then.”

“Let’s go then.” Cabal whispers, helping Kevin out with Brian as the five of them make their way down the forest.
~*~

He muses, gathering the soldiers to line up on either side of him. Growling, he watches the soldiers standing in salute as he walks in the center of the man made aisle. “They’re coming. I can sense my father’s presence nearby. Dagon wants to kill me, I will not go with him!” He hisses to his men, inching down the aisle.

“Will I see him now Liam?” The small child creeps up, her mocha colored cheeks glitter with youth.

Liam smirks and notices Jezreel standing at the end of the aisle. “Yes. In fact he’s around here somewhere.”

“Goody, I’m thrilled.” She giggles clutching her red satin dress to her small body.

Liam smiles: glancing around the dark forest, the trees wavering in the strong breeze. “Get ready men. Fire at my count.”

The soldiers prepare, adjusting their rifles, waiting for their cue.

Damaris kneels down behind a bush, watching Howie and Nick converse among their selves as they aim their pistols at the small army that had gathered a few meters in front them.

“I don’t see him.” Nick grumbles, peering around the bush to locate any figure that can resemble Liam.

“But I do.” Howie whispers low, Dagon taking control once again. Damaris watches the soft coffee pupils change to a frightening crimson red. “Damaris, stick to the plan. Liam is mine. My son will die in my hands tonight.”

Nick gulps and peers at Damaris, checking his watch. “We’re an hour away from sunrise. This is it, its now or never.”

Damaris smirks at his statement, receiving a glare from Nick. “Ha ha, yeah, yeah.”

Howie stands up, pulling out of his black leather jacket another pistol. “We’re moving out.” And he steps out of the bush approaching Liam and his army.

Liam’s ears perk at the soft footsteps and smiles, seeing Howie appear out of the shadows. “Father. You made it to the celebrations. It seems that Demetrius and Orion are missing. Maybe you might know what happened? Hmmm… father.” He growls, a gentle breeze flutters through the air, ruffling Liam’s flaxen hair.

“Maybe we has something to do with it.” Damaris whispers, crawling out of the shadows.

Liam breaks into a laugh as Jezreel steps aside from him, unleashing a harpoon towards Nick’s direction. Nick shooting at the surrounding vampires, didn’t take heed to the oncoming weapon until it was too late. The iron dagger slices into his outer thigh, pulling at him, leaving his to scream to fidget in pain.

Howie growls and races over to Liam, punching one time straight through his son’s chest, leaving his arm to go directly through the front and out the back of the man. Damaris watches in pure horror as Howie held the pumping black heart of what was once in Liam’s chest.

“Uhhhh God!” Damaris shouts in fright, staring at the sickening horror before her. Nick in pain, stops screaming and for that one moment forgets his own trauma as he gags at the sight.

“What the…” Nick hisses as Liam collapses on the ground, shaking. Howie growls and turns to the running soldiers shooting at his direction. Ducking and rushing into the shadows, he pulls out a rifle and begins shooting as Damaris and Nick join up, shooting alongside. They shoot down more than a half of the army leaving a few scattered soldiers disarmed and nervous. Many of them ran off into the forest, getting lost as the peak of the horizon glimmers to remind those that no longer belong to the day to hide for cover. Nick cringes in pain as he yanks out the arrow, letting it clatter on the ground. “Ahhh, Damn. That’s sucks.” He crashes on the ground besides the Damaris as Howie reloads his rifle.

Damaris sighs and plops down, her back on the bark of a tree, inhaling. “You killed him.”

Nick smiles, “He’s gone.”

Howie eyes them and shakes his head, remaining quiet. The only sounds were heard from the distant as a harsh explosive coming from a mile down from them. Nick raises his head and eyes Howie, “What was that?”

“Nemesis and Cabal. I gave them an explosive to finish off the remaining army. It was a harsh blue light used to disintegrate vampires. One of the most powerful weapons used. You should go meet them, it’ll get dangerous now.” Dagon whispers, clouding Howie’s gentle voice.

“Damn, I thought this was dangerous already.” Mumbles Nick as he patches his wound, wrapping a cloth tightly around his thigh.

Damaris looks around the area and frowns, “Wait, Dagon…Liam’s body was right here… What happened?” She whispers confused as Nick looks around the area confused.

“Yeah she’s right, D, uh Dagon, where is Liam?” Nick whispers, his voice cracking in fear as goose bumps prick his spine.

Howie smirks, “Like I said, it’s gonna get dangerous. He didn’t die. Jezreel is with him at the moment. He can’t die like that. He needs to have that blood vial inserted into him.” And with that, walks quickly down the now deserted road. Leaving Nick and Damaris in confusion.

“What the hell is going on?” Nick growls, stepping lightly on his feet as Damaris guides him towards the entrance of the forest.

Howie steps on the withered grass and scans the forest as Nemesis, Kevin, Cabal, A.J. and a slightly woken Brian stumble to meet them.

Cabal eyes Howie and nods, “Sir, I saw Liam fly down the road after Jezreel supplied blood.”

“Jezreel, figured.” Nemesis growls as Damaris and Cabal nurse Nick’s wound. A.J. sighs and gazes at his bandaged arm, the blood now seeped through the cotton wrap.

Nemesis sniffs the air, the cold breeze fans her fair face as she pulls out her small blade from its hidden spot, between her bosoms. Gripping the blade in her hands, she looks at the others and tells them to not move or make a sound. “I’m gonna kill that little wench. Wait till I see her.” And she disappears up a tree, climbing it was no effort, reaching the highest branch. She kneels down, perching and waiting to find Jezreel. Finally spotting her, she grins and leaps down, landing on her feet.

Damaris smirks at her friend as the other men watch on curiously. Nemesis creeps up quietly to a group of small trees surrounding a tiny plot of land and in the center sat the young vampire, tracing a distinct pattern on the dirt ground with her finger. Nemesis inches near the area, hiding behind a tree, staying in the shadows.

“She really can’t stand that little girl, weird huh?” Brian croaks up finally coming to.

A.J. sighs happily and ruffles Brian’s hair, “Glad to see ya buddy. You went out on me for a moment.”

“Yeah that happens when getting thrown into a tree.” Brian croaks, easing into a joke to calm the other’s tension.

Giggling, Damaris tells them to remain quiet, pointing to Nemesis’s little hunting adventure.

“Is Nemesis really gonna catch that girl? That little girl belongs to the supreme linege, she’s connected to Dagon. She can’t be easily killed.” Cabal mutters, plopping on the ground watching Nemesis climb out of the shadows and slowly make her way to the girl.

Nemesis’s ears perk at the soft mumbling escaping the little girl’s mouth. It was a Latin chat, calling out to Dagon to make the ultimate sacrifice by expelling his blood onto the ground for her salvation. She whispers for Dagon to truly make his appearance as he truly is…

“Ego vocare Deus de notis de ignis: capio caro! Utor belli; Deus carde castum vita! Ego dico ardeo hostis…” (I call God from night, from fire: seize flesh! Use war; God kill pure life! I say burn enemy.)

Nemesis stops dead on her tracks as she hears a loud moaning, screaming occurring behind her as Howie kneels down and cries out, screaming in agony. His eyes burn a dark red as his shaking voice change, his form slowly changing to a more taller, thinner, deadly man. The same image as Howie only this man was distinct, his large blood fill eyes pierce at Nemesis’s direction as two powerful fangs shoot out of his mouth. His caramel tan complexion glitters under the silver natural night as he growls.

Nemesis stares at Jezreel who seemed to deep in a trance, taking the opportunity, Nemesis, grabs the child from behind and places the blade across her throat, slicing the shining blade neatly into the flesh. Jerzeel’s eyes snap open in time to see her own death as she cries out and yells, slamming Nemesis’s back onto a bark of a tree.

“You die with me, you sick bit…” Jezreel stops mid-sentence, gasping and clutching her throat as Nemesis in pain inches away from the child.

“No you’ll die tonight. This world doesn’t belong to you or any of your kind. It belongs to us, the people. Go back home, Satan misses you.” Nemesis hisses quietly. “Liam will join you shortly, Demetrius is already, so you’ll have all the company you can get.”

“Then I will for you!” Jezreel screams out. “You will suffer along with me one day! This day will not go unjustified!” The child coughs violently as the blood wets her small hands, dripping onto the dark ground. She looks up at her before hisses a curse and then falls dead on the ground. Her body remains unmoved, unscathed as Nemesis watches on in approval.

“Good night little girl. You didn’t deserve the daylight and you never will.” She hisses, walking back to the others, her heart a bit happier than normal.
~**~

**~To Be Continued…~**