- Text Size +
“The Blood Pact”

**~Restoration of an Enigma~**

Damaris watches Nemesis walking back, approaching them with a sneer on her lips.

“Good news?” Damaris whispers out, raising her dark eyebrows.

“Yeah, I killed her.” Nemesis smirks and gasps, the first to notice Howie’s sudden change, “Uh, uh guys! Where’s Howie?”

The vampire hisses and turns to her attention, grabbing her neck and pulling her up his arms, her legs lifted inches off the air. She growls and swings at him as he places her back down.

“Quiet!” Howie hisses, yanking Nemesis away from him.

Nick gulps and stares at his friend, “What did the chant say Nemesis? Does it explain why Howie is like this now?”

Nemesis frowns and gingerly touch her sort throat.

“A chant?! What did she say?” Cabal rushes over to her as the others watch on.

Nemesis narrows her eyes and hisses, “Well it was in Latin…you think I could have understood that?!”

“Calm down.” He glances at Howie and frowns. “Dagon…What are you doing here?”

The vampire hisses and smiles at him, “I was sent free. Your friend belongs to me now!”

All eyes turn to Nemesis as she snorts, “Ahh ok, well I forget to mention she was in the middle of a chant when I killed her, but…”

“But you just ruined it for us Nemesis.” Cabal whispers manically, his dark eyes taking in Nemesis hatefully.

“Ruined it? How? He was already possessed, I’m not the bad guy here!” Nemesis shouts, feeling the restrains of the dark glares.

“Nemesis, if she was starting the chant, it’s already too late for Howie.” Cabal whispers.

“Too late? What? Please, Liam will die and Howie can be sent free, it’s all in the chant, once Liam is out, Dagon can leave this body. He doesn’t need Howie to rule.” Nemesis whispers, cleaning the blood stains off the metal blade on the side of her torn dark jeans.

“Howie? D? What happened to our friend?” Kevin growls out, grabbing the man’s arm forcefully.

The vampire turns around and swats Kevin brutally, sending him in the air, knocking him unconscious. “Damn, what the…” A.J. screams out at the sudden distinct man that no longer looked like their friend.

Damaris cries out and rushes over to Kevin as the others surround what was once Howie.

Brian gulps and scans around, eyeing the man that now no longer was his soft hearted friend, “Howie, why? Listen we can-”

“ I’m Dagon. Remember that. You all belong to me tonight, dawn is quickly approaching. When Liam dies in our hands, you all will belong me!” The lanky tall man growls, his fangs glittering beneath the small silver moonlight.

Everyone gasps and backs away, A.J. fearfully approaches his friend, “D…D…why this? Why this body?”

Dagon smirks and passes his now elongated fingers over A.J.’s soft cheek. Scrapping his clawed nail down his friend’s cheek, he smiles: “I already told ya. Since the beginning, you all belonged to me. You’re connected to me all and this man was the one body I can control without much of a fight.”

“Ha, screw you, I don’t belong to anybody, and most def not you!” Damaris yells out, grabbing her pistol and pointing it at Howie’s directions.

Nemesis stands silently, chewing the inside of her cheek. “Damaris, maybe you should put the gun away. You don’t want to kill him.”

“Kill him. Ha! Na, that’s too nice for this guy. I want to make him suffer!” Damaris whispers.

Cabal eyes Howie, narrowing his eyes, “We still have mission set out for all of us. Let’s get Liam and the remaining army before we decide what to do with Howie.”

Brian nods his head as he reloads his pistol. A.J. nervously inches towards Kevin who’s was awake holding his head.

“Kevin, buddy? How you doing?” A.J. whispers.

“Just peachy.” Kevin grumbles, standing up from the ground, pushing roughly pass Damaris and A.J. pulling out his pistol, he points to it to Howie and growls, ‘The hell with you man!”

“Kevin stop it!” Cabal screams out while Nemesis kicks the pistol out of his hand.

Kevin growls and pushes Nemesis roughly, “Let me get him! He deserves to die!”

“Stop it, he’s still Howie! Don’t speak like that!” Damaris yells out, her dark orbs scanning the raging man.

Kevin inhales and backs away from Howie, the only sound heard was the wind bustling through the dark woods.

Brian stiffens and gulps, following his cousin down the road where Liam was last seen.

“Follow behind.” Cabal whispers to the two girls who trudge behind them. Nick and A.J. sigh and shakes their heads as they two follow behind the girls, Brian and Kevin.

Cabal watches the group and once they were away from earshot, he frowns and grabs Howie’s arm, “What do you think you’re doing here?”

The vampire smiles and laughs, shaking his head. “ I already told ya. What more do you need to hear?”

“The truth!”

Dagon laughs and yanks his arm away from Cabal’s grasps, “The truth, what a lie for me. You’re not ready to hear the truth.”

“Yes I am! Why this body? Why now?!” Cabal shouts frustrated.

Howie chuckles and rolls his soft gentle coffee eyes at Cabal’s direction, “There’s a lot you’re not ready to hear Cabal. But let us go. Liam needs to die and I want his blood on my hands.” And with that, he disappears into the dark shadows, following behind the others as Cabal races behind.
~*~

Liam clutches his chest and spits angrily on the ground, “Ahh damn, this cut is taking too long to heal. I can’t walk around oozing.”

“Liam its best you rest. You shouldn’t be walking around in the condition you’re in.” One of the servants whispers, patching up the raw wound on Liam’s chest.

“They’re coming. Set the arsenal up. Father is approaching and I won’t let him get away with his plan. He won’t win, I will prevail.” Liam hisses, clenching his teeth as a wet gauze touched his ripped chest.

“Liam, they’re here! I see them!” A masked soldier yells out, running over to Liam who was lying in a homemade trench.

“So kill them you fool! What the hell do you want me to do!” Liam gasps out, the pain clouding his eyes.

“But, but its Dagon! Really!! I mean he looks just like the pictures of his past!”

“And you’re telling me this because…” Liam hisses, sitting up in the cot as another vampire nursed his wounds.

“I, I don’t know what I should do! I can’t kill him! He’ll destroy me before I make a move!”

Liam grimaces and narrows his grey eyes, “You little fool! Shoot a bullet through his pesky chest and watch him die. That’s all there is to it.”

“But he’s the leader! I can’t just shoot him! We’ll all die if we lose the leader!”

Liam smirks and pulls the soldier by the arm, whispering into his ear that brought a smile on the soldier’s face. “Now go and do as told.” Liam whispers, the soldier salutes and runs off with a grin on his face.

The vampires who was quietly patching Liam up, looks up and smiles, “What’s the big secret?”

“Secret? No secret here. I simply told him what he needed to know. Now if you’ll excuse me, I have to prepare for my father’s homecoming.” Liam whispers, dusting himself off, standing slowly off the cot.

“Alright, then I’ll prepare the weapons sir.” And he speeds off, leaving Liam alone in the trench.

“Dear father, oh Dagon, where are you? Come play father…I’m not like Demetrius. I’ll play with you and I have a secret that you don’t even know.” Liam whispers, feeling a soft chuckle rising from his stomach until he burst out in laughter. “Oh the things I know will blow your mind away.” Liam smirks, gathering his pistol and dark cane, stepping out of the trench.

Another soldier vampire dressed entirely in black, spots Liam and waves him over, “Liam, look what I see!” And eagerly lifts his binoculars to his eyes again. Liam walks to him and reaches him, smiling:

“Let me see.” Liam whispers, crouching down with a smile on his face. Placing the cold lenses over his eyes, he focuses on the small approaching army of six men and two women. “Well, well. Seems Cabal still has his little renegade with him. How exciting.”

“Let’s blast them and get it over with.” One of soldiers whispers nearby to Liam. But he simply shakes his head no and tells them to take their place.

“No shooting, at least not yet. I need to talk to my father. He has taken control of that body and I need to find out why.”

“Very well, as you wish Liam.” One of the soldiers commands and lines up with the others awaiting for the leader’s commands to shoot.

Liam leans on his thick dark wooden cane and limps over painfully, his chest heaving as it continues to restore itself. Smiling, he stands in front of his army of twenty something soldiers. “Father, dare I say? Is that you? Have you come back for me?”

The tall vampire that once was Howie, leads his group towards Liam. “You have the audacity to stand before your very own father and speak the way you do before him. You shall die like your brother did tonight.”

“Uh, uh. Not so father. See I have plans and you’ve just standing in the way.”

A.J. rolls his eyes as he watches the on going conversation while Brian and Kevin listen and await the cue. Damaris smirks, pulling out of her pockets the bright blue vials that contain the ultra-violet rays.

Showing the vials to Nemesis, Nemesis nods and eyes Kevin who in turn pulls out his pistol and reloads it with the bright blue vials that was found by Howie.

Mouthing out, Damaris states at three they will shoot the rest of the army with the ultra-violet rays. Glancing around, Nemesis holds up her hand, sticking her pointer finger indicting one, then lifts her middle finger as two and finally the cue, her ring finger as three. The army begins shooting at that moment, catching them all off guard as the war rages on full force. Brian screams out and pulls the trigger heavily, shooting the blue vials at the opposing soldiers. Three, then five soldiers die by the sudden blue light, burning them down and ripping their sacred dead flesh off their dying bodies.

Nick gasps and pulls his trigger, setting off a riot of screaming from the opposite army, killing off already eight of the soldiers with the blue force. Nick in shock, watches the death as the blue light encompasses those soldiers, its blue light, searing through the flesh and ripping the soldier’s clothes. The smell of immediate burning flesh fills the appearing dawn air as soldiers run out and cry in desperate pleas to be saved tonight.

Liam yells and pulls out his pistol, pointing it directly in front of Howie’s transformed face. “You won’t win father! Do you hear me?! I know something you don’t!” He begins to cackle, shaking his fingers nervously over the trigger.

Howie frowns and tries to snatch the pistol away but was too slow for that, having Liam step back. “You know nothing! Liam, you’re destined like your brother to fail! I already know how this little war will end. It’s too late for you child. You missed up and you couldn’t have done the job right anyway. I shouldn’t have sent children out to do a man’s work. But never more, it ends now!” And with that, Howie steps back, Dagon’s form still in him as he watches in glee at the out going bullet, its blue vial heading straight for Liam. In quick thinking, Howie sends a reeling punch to Liam’s abdomen, causing Liam to gasp open, his mouth open wide in pain just in time for the blue vial to slam into his mouth, blowing up inside of him.

As if time had suddenly stopped for the entire herd, everyone looks on at Liam as he stands unusually still, an utter horrid look of confusion clouding his face. His grey eyes scroll over Nick and the others of the opposite team before gasping. His eyes grew wide as he yells out one final yell. The fighting stops as Liam howls, the blue light inside his mouth, flickers and turns black before exploding, sending an array of shattered tattered worn limbs and organs all around him. No remains were left, only the still black smoke hissing in its place stayed. “Good night Liam, you weren’t worth to live anyway.” Dagon whispers softly, the twinkle of the early sun light showing its first glow at the horizon.

The scattered remaining soldiers cry out and run away: a lost field of cattle without its shepherd guiding them. “It’s done.” Dagon whispers as Howie cries out and drops on the ground shaking violently, opening his mouth as the white mist of Dagon seeps out, escaping the body finally and disappearing into the morning winds.

Brian gasps and kneels nervously touching his sore friend, “Ho, Howie, hey buddy you alright man?”

The soft coffee eyes peer up at Brian as he sits up and slowly stands up with the help of Cabal and Nemesis.

Kevin sighs and gently touches Nick’s shoulder, pulling him into a brotherly hug, “We did it Nick! We killed the leader and we lived!”

A.J. laughs and throws his arms around the two women as they jokily dance and cheer.

“Look, it’s the morning!” Cabal whispers, inching to the dark shadows. “I have to head back. The sun is coming.”

Damaris smiles and runs up to Cabal, hugging him. “Thanks!”

Surprised, Cabal accepts the hug and laughs softly, “Hey no problem, but why though?”

“For keeping your promise. You really were on the right side of the team. You stopped the destruction and saved thousands if not millions of lives by stopping the wretched vampires from taking over.” Nemesis whispers, a small smile creeping up on her soft lips.

“No problem, I was serious about it. I was in it to help people, not kill them. Demetrius’s ploys of joining his brother to awaken his father worked and in the end it killed them both along with the rest of the group.”

Howie sighs and passes his hands over his chest and arms as if he never seen them before. “I’m, I’m alright, he didn’t hurt me.”

“Do you remember what you did?” Kevin whispers curtly.

Howie shakes his head, “No, but is Liam dead?”

Smirking, Brian speaks out, “If he wasn’t, you wouldn’t be talking with us now would ya?”

“So can I have my life back, you know without the whole vampire thing in it?” A.J. jokes around.

Cabal smirks and inches back further into the shadows as the sun edges and breaks through the horizon slowly. “Maybe one day you can. For now, you’re an unusual species. Your kind is rare, unlike mines. You can remain in the day. Daylight is not the death of you, rather only the beginning.”

“But do I have to suck blood?” Nick whines playfully as the others snicker.

Cabal smirks, “You already know the answer to that guys. I have to go now. The sun is here and that means I don’t belong here now. This world by day is ruled by humans and you boys. By night, this world belongs to my species. Always be on alert. Although, Demetrius and Liam are gone, that doesn’t mean there won’t be others that won’t attempt the same thing.”

“Thanks.” Howie whispers softly, his eyes dropping to the ground.

“I’m curious, if we killed the leader, why are the boys still doing ok. In fact, you’re not dead either?” Damaris whispers curiously.

Kevin shrugs his shoulders as the five guys align themselves in a straight line, in confusion.

“She’s right. Why aren’t we man?” A.J. interjects suddenly.

The others shrug their shoulders as Cabal backs further into the forest, the sun light slowly beaming its gentle golden orange morning rays on the ground. Damaris and Nemesis smile at the five men and each hug them, bidding them farewell.

“Its time for you guys to head home and us as well.” Damaris smiles.

Howie clears his throat and slowly waves at Nemesis while the others watch in anticipation. Nemesis no longer holding back, went with her urges and gently laid a kiss on Howie’s soft lips. Howie in surprise smiles and laughs and the other guys chuckle along.

“Alright Neme, now that you got that out of your system, I see we let these guys get home and rest up. I think the fans miss them as well as their families.” Damaris giggles, tugging on her friend’s arm, waving and trialing behind Cabal. The two women follow Cabal for a few feet before Nemesis out of pure curiosity turns around to see Howie point a pistol at their direction.

Nemesis stops and freezes, alarming Damaris and Cabal who both turn around in time to see Howie whisper out the fatal answer. “You didn’t kill the leader Cabal, that’s why you’re still alive. I’m the leader, Dagon gave me his power and I stand in charge now. So you live because of me, but not anymore.” And he pulls the pistol, setting off three bullets.

The only sounds besides the shooting and cracking of the gun, was the wild fluttering of the birds escaping the trees and flying to safety. It seems they were the lucky ones, the three that stood however within the compounds of the forest never saw the total rising of the sun, nor to enjoy their freedom for too long. The smoke of the pistol hisses out of the hole as the five men smile and watch the three bodies crash on the ground. The sun lights up its environment, giving the corpses a small glow. Howie blows the smoke away and laughs as Brian high fives Nick and Howie. Kevin and A.J. snicker and roll their eyes, leading the way back to their tour bus.

“Looks like they weren’t expecting that.” A.J. whispers.

Brian shakes his head, “Nope, they didn’t have the slightest clue, they helped the enemies and they had no idea.”

“What a shame too, the pretty blonde hair girl I was growing fond of. Oh well, you live and learn.” Howie smirks as they walk down the road, leaving the three corpses in the dust from hence they came from.
~*~
Two weeks later…

The wheels crunch over the rocky road as the black Escalade crunches to a stop. Four of the men, load and carry two large wooden crated out of a brick house. A.J. holds a small wooden crate and goes down the three red bricked steps to slide in the backseat with Brian. Kevin in the driver’s seat, wait for Howie and Nick to load the last crate in the trunk and board the vehicle.

“All done!” Nick cheers, leaping into his seat as Howie smirks and gets in the passenger seat besides Kevin.

“So now what Kev?” Howie smiles, happily slapping his lap and looking out the front window.

“Don’t know, have any ideas guys?” Kevin leans back in his seat, yawning.

Nick snaps his fingers and smirks, “Hey I heard there’s this club opening up. I say there can be some new prospects, I mean with just the five of us, its a lot of work. Maybe we can scope out some new people and get some ladies to join our group. What do you say?” He raises his eyebrows.

Kevin watches the keychain swings quietly in the ignition and shakes his head, “Ah, bad idea, you saw what happened with Liam. We can’t trust people, if we want things to go right, we gotta do it on our own. People out there will toss and turn and who’s to say they’re gonna later wanna leave, we can’t have that.”

“So we’ll kill them before they decide to do that.” A.J. states, agreeing with Nick’s idea of having others joining them. Since Liam and the vampires passed away, the vampire movement came to complete halt. The poison in the water was a hoax for most part, it wasn’t the water that made the people ill, it was their betraying lineage to the vampire group they were once apart of. The water tactic was a nice trick to scare the humans, but a ridiculous ploy all at the same time.

“We need to have a better name that the Crimson society, that’s so lame man. No one would ever want to be apart of that.” A.J. mumbles, twisting his ring around on his finger.

“We’ll think of something better. Something that will draw people in. But first we should handle things on our own for now. Liam’s betrayal was too much a lesson to be learned for all of us.” Howie whispers and stays quiet as the wheels crunch and roll away. Kevin pulls them away from the small house and laughs, adjusting the mirror to the vehicle. The sun shone down on them gloriously as they sang their way back up to their hotels, back to their simple lives of entertainers where no one knows their dark sides. And no one will ever know.
**~The End~**