- Text Size +
A/N: Thanks, hugs and kisses to the new readers! I’m so happy more people are getting into this story! I’m so happy, Thanks Jellybean! :) Now for the chapter, I hope you enjoy and try to leave a review or e-mail me what you thought of this chapter! Thanks again my peeps!

“The Blood Pact”

**~ His Appeal~**

He slides the crimson colored business card across the table back to Nick, confused with what the possibility of the card could hold. He blows out a puff of air and scratches the side of his raven spiked hair. “Ok, Nick man. I don’t know what to say. You’re not considering calling this woman are you?” Kevin asks his dark eyebrows furrow.

Nick sighs and nods his head, “Yeah, I’ve been thinking about it since the encounter with psycho man.”

Brian leans on his arms and scans around the other guys gathered around the table, “But Nick that’s been about two weeks ago and nobody came or is coming for you. You got to stop being so paranoid about this guy. The news never mentioned any incidents or such that the guy who went after you committed. You heard the cop; he said there is nothing to worry about. Security is around us twenty-four, seven and we’ve been the safest we’ve ever been. You don’t have anything to worry about.”

“Yeah, Rok’s right man. Nick check it, if all this was real, then where is this Cabal guy that is suppose to come for me. Those crazy chicks don’t know what they’re saying.” A.J. states with uncertainty in his voice as he tries to place a fake smile but fails.

Howie didn’t say anything for the past 30 minutes since the conversation started, he sits with his knees drawn up to his chest, on the plush velvet sofa watching the others trying to make sense of what was bothering Nick. Howie knew, he very well what was eating away at Nick, cause he felt it too. He had dismissed the strange sensations fearing he’d only worry the others. But the strange feeling that overtook him at times would make he feel like he was experiencing some form of fever. The sudden chills and heat that would take over his body at times when he would sleep would creep up on him like a cocoon, trapping him in his own invisible agony. Howie gulps and watches as Nick and Kevin began a shout feast over what was real or not. Howie’s coffee eyes scans over to A.J. and Brian who were involved in their own quiet conversation, ignoring the loud yelling from the others.

A.J. turns around and faces Howie, “Yo D. You didn’t say anything. What do you think we should do about all this?”

“About what?” Howie whispers, his statement bringing Kevin and Nick’s attention.
Brian snickers, “You stopped their arguing, nice.”

Howie smiles and shakes his head, “Well?”

“Oh, you know the whole vampire group posse whatever you want to call them. What do you think about Nick calling the crazy girl up?” A.J asks, the dark eyes boring into Howie’s.

Howie shrugs his shoulders, “Do whatever you think is best.”

Kevin gulps and lets out a big sigh, “What the hell does that mean? Nick is considering calling a complete stranger who has no connection to the police. We’re trying to make him change his mind. It’s just ridiculous to depend on people we have no clue about.”

Howie stands up and stretches his tired limbs, “I have no idea what is going on. And what makes you think Nick didn’t already call the girl?”

Brian felt the air in his throat stop as he grips a nearby wooden chair besides him, “He wouldn’t?!”

The others gasps and look at Nick.

Nick could feel all the eyes on him as he gulps, “I would have asked sooner, but I needed to talk to someone who might know what’s going on. Howie knows what I’m talking about. In fact, A.J. I know you know what I’m talking about as well.”

A.J. shrugs his shoulders, “Dude, what the hell are you saying?”

Kevin lets out a loud sigh, “Somebody better explain things now! What about Howie and A.J.? I’m talking about you! I can’t believe you would call the girl. What did she say?” He says, his voice dropping away as if he has given up with the petty arguments the others brought him. He collapses on to a sofa across from Howie and places his head in his hands.

Nick licks his soft lips nervously, running his fingers down his blonde spikes. “Look I don’t know if Howie has been going through what I’m am, but I’ve seen A.J. doing it. See Kev. Listen to this, sometimes in the night, for the past two weeks I noted I would feel some strange sensation climbing into my body, like steam seeping into me. I would wake up all hot and sweaty and then when I try to go back to sleep, I feel this ice cold piercing running down my back and spine. It’s a horrible feeling, like someone is placing an ice cube imbedded into my spine and roughly rubbing it down and up almost sending me into convulsions! I wanted to…”

Nick was cut off when Brian states, “What? Why didn’t you tell us you were sick? You must have had a fever, I told you not to play with the cold sprinklers outside of the hotel.” He eyes Nick with a smirk on his face.

Nick remained serious and shakes his head, “No guys, I’m not sick.”

A.J looks to the white carpet and he speaks so low that the others strain to listen, “I’ve been feeling that way too. I didn’t want to say anything cause I’d figured you guys get all mad I’m sick.”

“But we’re not sick.” Howie whispers, his tan caramel face shining in the soft yellow florescent lights of the hotel suite.

“I’ve been feeling that way too.” Howie continues and eyeing Kevin from the corner of his eyes.

Kevin sighs, “We’ll get you guys to a doctor in the morning…”

“NO!” Nick and A.J. shout in unison.

“I went to the doctor yesterday. He stated I’m healthy, that nothing is wrong with me. He couldn’t understand or explain why I was feeling the way I was.” A.J. states, his voice sounding tired as he settles on a sofa next to Kevin and closes his eyes.

“And you Nick, is that what the doctor told you too?” Kevin asks, his curiosity on high alert.

Nick nods his head and stated the moment he started feeling like that last week, he went straight to the doctor hoping he didn’t catch anything. But again the doctor reported that nothing was wrong.

“Maybe it’s the stress. We’re been doing a lot work these past two weeks, with the concert and such. Maybe it’s that.” Brian states: trying to rationalize the situation.

“Dude, give it up already. We’re feeling weird and no one can explain it.” A.J. states as he runs his tan butter pecan hands through his dyed blue hair.

Brian sighs, “You think it’s contagious?”

Nick shrugs his shoulders, “If it is, then you guys got it too.”

Kevin sits there confused, “How can the doctors find nothing wrong with you? You’re obviously displaying fever like symptoms. How can they say that nothing is wrong with you guys?”

A.J. snickers, “Maybe the doc didn’t check Nick’s brain cause then he’d see something is wrong.”

Nick rolls his eyes as Kevin smacks the back of A.J.’s head, “Seriously you guys, come on.”

“Alright, alright. I won’t tease ya. Kev you got anything in the fridge?” A.J. asks, walking over to the small kitchenette.

Kevin nods as he and the others get engrossed in another conversation. A.J. opens the fridge to grab something to drink when the door bell rings. After three rings, A.J. rolls his eyes and answers the door. There in front of him stood a tall man, his butter pecan complexion reflecting off the harsh hotel florescent lights in the hallway. The man’s dark eyes scan A.J. and smiles. He runs his fingers through his dark brown hair and speaks.

“I’m Cabal. Sorry it took long to get to you. I was busy.” Cabal speaks calmly as his fangs recede back into his mouth.

A.J. stands there aghast and noted the other guys didn’t even notice that the bell rang or that the door opened. Or even the fact that someone is standing before A.J.

“Well are you gonna invite me in or what?” Cabal asks politely.

A.J. feels his mouth drop open, “Ahhhh, how about we just take here ok?”

Cabal shrugs his shoulders and pulls out a sheet of written paper, “Ok man, whatever. I’m looking for a Nick Carter. Are you him?”

A.J. narrows his eyes, “Why do you want Nick?” He asks protectively, as he steps in the hallway and closes the door behind him.

“Nick signed the paper. Demetrius calls for him.” Cabal states easily, like nothing was wrong with that idea.

“Nick’s not here right now. As for this Demetrius guy, he was the one who assaulted my buddy and he should be in prison for that.”

Cabal simply nods, “Right well. Listen when you’re friend comes back. Let him know I’ll be waiting downstairs for him.”

“Why do what him?” A.J asks, he steps closer to Cabal and reads the paper.

“Personal business. I’m sure you’ve heard of it.” Cabal answers smoothly.

“Yeah, sure.” A.J. states haughtily, handing back the unreadable paper to Cabal. A.J tries reaching for his cellular phone, but sighs when he knew he left the phone in the room.

Cabal smiles and takes the paper, placing it back into a red folder and tucking it away into a small knapsack inside his black leather coat pocket. He sighs and shakes his head, “A.J. you’re not a really good liar are you?”

A.J gulps, his stomach responding to the sudden fear that was dwelling in him. This man knows his name but he never met Cabal before. The same disturbing pain that had captured him in the past nights rose again, leaving him almost paralyzed standing. He could feel the sudden heat and cold rise and fall into his body as he stares at Cabal.

“You feel it don’t you?” Cabal asks smiling.

A.J. tries speaking but his voice is caught in his throat as the running pain, feeling like cold electricity, zoomed down his body.

“You’re chosen along with the other four men in there. Come with me. That pain will leave if you just cooperate. The longer you stay away from me and Demetrius, the more painful those sensations grow. It’s our way of calling you. Just answer the call and the pain leaves. Look at you. You can’t even talk cause it’s gotten that bad. In fact, I don’t recall you ever signed the paper Damaris gave you. Would you like to sign it now?” Cabal whispers smoothly, his grin spreading over his face.

A.J. closes his eyes and gulps, “This can’t be happening man.”

“Oh but it is. Now if you like to get this over with, come with me. In fact tell your friends to come with me now.”

“Why don’t you tell them yourself?” A.J. growls as the sensations begin to subside.

Cabal smiles, “Very well.” And he swings open the door, stepping into the suite.

A.J. watches confused as he points to Cabal. “Huh? Wait!”

Cabal laughs, “You don’t seriously believe in that myth about vampires needing to get permission to enter a room now do you?”

A.J. smirks, “Vampires, sure dude. Looks like you’ll be getting kicked out of here, the guys I’m sure called security by now, so you can roll your way out of here now.”

Cabal smiles, “What security? Oh wait those fine gentlemen who attempted to protect you. They were quite tasty, but now seriously, sign the paper and I’ll leave.”

A.J. gulps as he eyes the other four men in the room who seem to be in too much shock as the strange sensations gripped all their bodies.

Cabal smiles, “See, you all belong to us. Here sign and pass it to the other three men. The faster you sign, the less the pain you’ll feel.”

A.J. gulps and not wanting to believe this man could hold such power, grabs the sheet of paper and scrolls his name on it immediately. “Here! Just leave them alone!” He whispers quietly, the fear deep in his body. He hands the paper back to him as the gripping sensation becomes weaker in his body.

Cabal makes his way over to the four men, as Brian, Kevin and Howie quickly signed the sheet of paper to be relieved of the intense suffocating pain.

Cabal smiles, “Good. Congratulations men. Welcome to the Crimson Society. Howie since you’re not marked with our symbol, you’ll be our spy. The Nightfall Society won’t have clue to who you’re working for and that’ll work to our best interest I’m sure Demetrius will be delighted to see you all. Now come and follow me.”

The pain still grips them as they walk out of the room full of questions. They didn’t understand why they were needed, why they are a part of something they never heard of and why they resisted so quickly without having control of their own bodies. Too many questions filtered their heads as they follow Cabal like a lost puppy finding its master.

Brian and Kevin glance at each other nervously as fear and every other possible emotion flooded their confused bodies.

Cabal smiles, “The pain will leave once I drop you off.”

“What the hell are you and what you doing to us?” Kevin shrieks painfully.

Cabal smiles, “There, there. I’ll answer all of it, once I get you to where I have to. Just follow me for now. And if you fight, the pain will only increase.”

Nick gulps, his throat went dry as they follow unwillingly like slaves behind Cabal.

Brian closes his eyes and whispers out a small prayer that he hopes was heard.
~*~

Her heels echo down the black marble tiles as she turns to open her boss’s office door. Steeping in, she holds down the bile that arose in her throat. Her boss had fallen for her and whenever he had the opportunity to talk with her, he would call for her.

She steps into the vacant office room and grabs a wooden chair to sit on. Setting her small purse on the tiles, she runs her hands down her grey skirt waiting for her boss to enter the room. She sighs and lets out a deep breathe. Her black curls lied pinned up on the side, her raven locks toppling gently over her caramel shoulders. She brushes a strand of hair off her neck, where a small tattooed black crescent moon lies. She taps her black strapped shoes impatiently on the floor. She decided to find a job to search out possible suspects that Demetrius might want to hire on his team. She did research but couldn’t find anyone that would want to join the Crimson society. “Liam will be thrilled with this info. Demetrius is going down.” She whispers happily, batting her dark eyes around the room.

The office was small but comfortable, the thick light mahogany walls and desk filled most of the room. Tons of books lied stacked on the mahogany shelves surrounding the room. Files and sheets of computer and security information lied scattered on the desktop. The yellow florescent lights, beam down on her as she scrolls her dark eyes around the room. The door opens and she turns around to see her overweight boss enter. She found the man utterly disgusting, he had a beer belly and was generally reeking of sweat and dirt. She found out the man had a taste in her but she had always refused to give into the man’s desires. What made the man gross was he was always hitting on her even when she told him nothing would ever happen. She knew he wasn’t married and understood why he wasn’t. ‘Damn, I’d rather die than have him touch me.’ She thinks to herself.

Her boss smiles and leans on the edge of his desk peering at her in front of him. “Hello there Nairobi. I missed you today. I don’t understand why you don’t work in the daytimes. We, I need your help more than now.”

Nairobi smirks, “Well sir, I’m so busy, the daytime is too much. Besides, I believe working during the nights since it’s less bustle I can concentrate and work faster.”

Her boss chuckles, “Well don’t you sleep? You miss the beautiful days cause you’re not much of a people person?”

Nairobi rolls her eyes and shakes her head, “No, that’s not it. It’s something more deeper than that.”

Her boss smiles and clears his desk with a swift of his hand, knocking everything to the floor with a crash.

“Well come sit here and tell me.” Her boss states, his fat red greasy cheeks rise with a smile.

Nairobi could feel her stomach grumble with hungry, “Sir, how ‘bout not.”

“Oh no please. I don’t mind. Come sit beside me. I love to have you near me. You always smell so good.” Her boss whispers to her.
Nairobi smirks and tries to hold in the gagging that was close to escaping her lips. “Alright.”

She swiftly sits on the desk, pulling her legs up off the floor. She sits with her legs tucked under her as she stares at him.

He chuckles insanely and nervously fixes his collar, she definitely had an effect on him, that she knew.

She was hungry and she couldn’t wait anymore, “Mr. Bidner, sir. I’m feeling a bit hungry.” She purrs into his chubby ears.

He laughs softly as his face reddens, “Well now, I’m sure I can ease your hungers.”

Nairobi leans into him and pelts his ears with soft kisses. Mr. Bidner lets out a low moan as he tries to embrace Nairobi in his fat arms. She backs away and waves her finger in front of him. “Uh, uh. You just rest and don’t move. Let me do it all.”

This got a loud chuckle as he looks her with pleasure scrawled on his face.

She pushes him to lie on the desk as she straddles him and leans towards his neck. He laughs as more sweat lingers on his forehead. Nairobi almost gags at the putrid smell that immense from the man but she was here on busy as usual, she leans in and sinks her protruding fangs into his neck. He didn’t pay attention to her growing teeth as he moans and cries out in pleasure. She sucks out the crimson delight as the blood rolls into her mouth. After a few long minutes of feeding, the large man lies limp on the desk. She checks his pulse, there was none. She fed and she no longer had to deal with him and his fascination with her. Smiling, she jumps off the desk and wipes the blood drops from her lips.

“Now back to where I was.” She says smiling, pulling out a manila folder buried beneath the large man. She flips through the folder and scans pages about a buyer with the name that rang a bell to her. “Demetrius. He wants to construct a dam on a water port.” She chuckles, “Man, Liam is gonna get a good laugh out of this one.” And she exits the room, feeling disgusted with the smell of the man on her. “I need to take a shower, egh.” She murmurs and disappears down the hallway.
~**~

**~To Be Continued…~**