- Text Size +
A/N: I’m back with a new chapter, thanks guys for the support and enjoy! Till later, I’m out! Oh if you haven’t had the chance to read the new story- rather trilogy of the story of “Termination of Sanity” I would advise to first read the award winning “Troubling Gifts” and its sequel “Contribution of Dilemma”! hehe. Thanks.

“The Blood Pact”

**~Training Grounds~**

The night air drifts around him softly as he breathes in the sweet gentle smell of new green leaves boring on the trees around him. He enters through the cold iron gate, the creaking sound echoing as the gate doors open in front of him. His short blonde hair blows in the breeze as he inhales the mixture of death and life in the cemetery. Crunching over dry cracked leaves, he kneels to one of the tombstones that caught his interest. Scanning his grey eyes over the words scrolled on the granite tombstone, he smiles, the fangs poking him on his lower lip, reminding him of his hunger that still lingered in his stomach.

He sighs and takes in the dark surroundings around him. The cemetery was like a peaceful place for him, his sanctuary though it was most unusual and ironic. It intrigued his senses the most and reminded him of his being, his unique being.

“Liam. What are you looking at?” Kindel whispers gently, her bright crimson locks fluttering in the wind.

“Nothing much. Just curious to see what these humans write on tombstones. Its funny to see how people make a big deal with such words when after a while they stop visiting the gravesites and the words lose its meaning.” Liam whispers, licking his pink lips hungrily.

Kindel smirks, her bright emerald eyes taking in the words on the tombstone in front of her. The peacefulness was interrupted by the clumping of Orion boots. Taking a cold breath, he catches up to the two and kneels down in front of the decaying cracked tombstone. He smiles as he sees a dry bouquet of flowers at the base of the tombstone.

“Liam, why do humans like to waste their time? Don’t they understand its too late for those that are gone. In fact, I think it was better for those dead ones, they don’t have to feel your wrath.” Orion chuckles, his dark eyes glittering in the silver spray of moonlight.

Kindel rolls her eyes and gives Liam a peck on his cheek, “Don’t listen to him Li. He’s just teasing. Aren’t you boy?” She glares at Orion, hoping he get the drift at what he said.

Liam gazes at Orion, a pensive look crossed his face, “You don’t mean that now, do you Orion?”

Orion chuckles nervously, “Na man. I’m teasing. I knew what you meant.” He states almost stuttering. He knew about Liam’s anger and what resulted from it. And the last thing he wanted to do was to get on Liam’s bad side. He recalled the horror stories of the destruction of the former Crimson Society and how Liam single-handedly almost demised that entire society. Orion gulps hard and nods his head, standing beside Kindel in case Liam was to strike out at him.

Liam smiles suddenly and pats Orion’s broad shoulders, “I know. Just be careful. Your words can come back to you and haunt you boy.”

Orion gulps down, “Right boss. Sorry ‘bout that.”

“Now where were we?” Liam asks, rubbing his hands expectantly.

Kindel chuckles, “Baal and Hades are on their way. Give them five minutes, they’re bringing the body here.”

“Excellent.” Liam whispers, his light eyes twinkling happily.
~*~

A dragging sound scrapes the cobblestone ground as Baal and Hades pull on a corpse, each grabbing a leg and yanking the body over the dusty streets. Hades smiles, his caramel complexion glowing in the silver night. His spiky short hair was as red as the color of fresh blood when seeping from an open wound. His dark eyes scan at his partner Baal and chuckles, “You know, I wonder why out of all the places: Liam wants to meet in the graveyard. He’s a weird guy.”

“That’s nothing new, it shouldn’t surprise you man, Liam is well…one of a kind.” Hades states chuckling between his sentence.

Baal rolls his eyes, his cinnamon complexion clashing against his black and red solider hair cut. “There! I see him. Let’s hurry, I’m sure Liam is pissed with us for having him wait.”

Hades shrugs his shoulders as he yells out to his boss, “Yo Liam! We’re here!”

Liam turns to face the approaching couple, the rage that consumed his body the moment he saw them instantly changes to gladness when he sees what they were bringing with them.

Kindel giggles and leaps towards Hades and Baal, a grin plastered on her pale face, her red painted lips smeared into a smirk as she jumps on the dragged corpse. She examines the corpse and her smile instantly fades away.

“Liam, I don’t think you want to see this.” Kindel whispers eerily, her bright eyes narrowing in rage.

Baal and Hades glance at each other confused at what is wrong with the corpse. Baal hears the footsteps of his boss approach the dead body that was brought to him. Narrowing his eyes, he kneels and passes his hands over the dead decaying face on the ground before him. The complexion of the corpse was turning a light green, the unseeing eyes rolled back, dry cuts on its face was peeling, revealing the red muscles beneath it. The stench of the corpse was unbearable; its veins no longer contained the living fluid that once gave it life. “Baal, how long ago was this body dead?” Liam’s voice drops lower, sending cold shivers down the other four members.

“About two hours or so, why?” Baal asks, the fear creeping into his voice.

Liam snarls, “You’re lying. This body is already decaying, it must have been dead for days. Where is the fresh corpse I asked you to bring here?”

Baal stutters and glances nervously at the corpse on the ground and his partner Hades, “We run into a problem on our way over here. There was vagabond vampire crawling around the streets and we fought with it but it managed to outwit us and snatch the corpse from right under our hands.” Baal whispers ashamed and embarrassed, the faint blush coloring his cheeks as Hades lets out a loud sigh.

Liam smirks and shakes his head, “This is unbelievable. I don’t know why I still keep you around. But…” He sighs before continuing, “Since I have no other choice for now, your actions tonight will be excused. But I promise you, the next time something like that happens, don’t expect to get off this easily, you could lose your life or what’s remaining of it.” Liam whispers roughly, his grey eyes glaring at the two fools that managed to yet again destroy the plans along with his good mood. “Kindel, go with Hades and hunt down a fresh body. Baal, you stay here with me and Orion. Nairobi will be here shortly from her job. She couldn’t get much: she did get some basic info that can help us get closer to finding and eliminating our enemies.”

Orion smiles and fiddles with his pistol, pointing it directly at Baal, he grins, “You know if I could I would use this weapon on you, just so I can hear the vibration and sound the gun makes when I pull the trigger.” He whispers in a trance like voice, his dark eyes twinkling with glee from the idea. Suddenly he feels his pistol being snatched out of his hands from Liam.

“You will do no such thing. We need them as much as it pains me to say.” Liam whispers into Orion’s ear.

Orion smiles and places the pistol back onto the gun holster, sitting on the dusty ground besides Baal and Liam. Kindel smiles and leads the way out of the cemetery as Hades follows, his pride being torn from him.
~*~

Nemesis aims at the target and holding her submachine gun tightly within her fingers, she pulls the trigger releasing the silver contents within it. The empty copper shells litter the training room all around the tiled ground as Damaris joins her friend.

Smiling Damaris giggles and leans on the window that blocked her from the targets aligning the walls. Standing besides Nemesis, she watches the popping and striking of the bullets on the marked targets. “Way a go girl. You haven’t missed one target yet.”

Nemesis giggles and puts down the weapon, her honeysuckle locks flowing down her broad shoulders. “Yeah, I know. I’m too nice for this.”

Damaris smirks and rolls her light eyes playfully. “Hey did you hear?”

“About what?” Nemesis asks, her eyes still focus on the bulls eye target teasing her.

“Oh well you know, the fact the Cabal is on his way with Demetrius new workers!” Damaris giggles, her dark chocolate hair lies tied in a low ponytail swinging over her shoulders.

Nemesis peers down at her friend, “Na, you’re kidding me right? I mean who did he get to finally agree to team up with us?”

“Well they didn’t agree, Demetrius called them, like when we were called. So they didn’t have much a choice.” Demetrius mentions, recalling the painful sensations she had felt when she was called to join the alliance of the Crimson Society.

Nemesis nodded, “So I guess we get to see the guys again. I’m sure they’ll be thrilled to see our faces again.” She states beaming.

Damaris giggles, “You have a thing for one of them, don’t you?”

Nemesis rolls her eyes, “No. I mean not really, I don’t personally know these men to fall for them.”

“I never said that, but hey whatever.” Damaris whispers, gleaming at the marked targets and fiddling with a propped up gun in her hands.

The red light above the door of the training room starts glowing and blinking invisibly reminding them to go to Demetrius office.

“I guess our guests have arrived.” Damaris smiles.

Nemesis slightly blushes and rushes out the room followed by Damaris.

They quickly walk down the red carpeted hallway until they reach their boss’s office. Knocking on the door slightly, Nemesis turns on the door handle and pokes her head into the threshold.

“Come in girls. I have something to show you.” Demetrius voice whispers from within the room.

Both girls glance at one another and smile, entering the office. They both take a seat in front of Demetrius as he stands up and walks over to a side door on his left, smiling.

“Girls as you know by now, I sent Cabal out to get the ones that we called on. They are five men, I’m sure you meant them before for I recall you tried to get one to sign the form. But Cabal took care of that for you. Now welcome to the Crimson Society: Nick, A.J., Howie, Kevin and Brian.” As he is stating their names, the girls could see the door open and each guy in a trance step into the office. Nemesis gulps and looks into each of the five men eyes. She remembered the same look that had overtook her when she was called upon and that brought pain to her soul.

The five men stood quiet and Demetrius smirks, finally the dazed looks pass away from the men as they all stare around their surroundings in shock. Demetrius stands before Nick and smiles, “Remember me?” He whispers eerily.

Nick gulps and swallows hard, “It’s you! You freak! I can’t believe the cops haven’t caught you! I’m gonna make sure you see prison before the sun comes up!” He points his finger and the other four members of the group gasp and shake their heads.

“What are doing to us?!” Howie screams, his coffee eyes scanning the unaffected vampire before him.

Nemesis watches on to the argument and smiles at the Latin man of the group. He was standing aside a tall raven man with emerald eyes, but this man, Howie, caught Nemesis’s attention. She felt attracted to him, not that it was a surprised her, for the man held some air of beauty and innocence. Maybe that’s what drew her to him, his innocence, he never murdered or took a life away and that’s what Nemesis found so intriguing. For the past five years, murder was all she knew when she joined up with the Crimson Society. And to see that people still possess this form of innocence, made her envy and admire them at the same time. There was something so intriguing about that man; she couldn’t put her finger on it. And she knew Damaris felt it too. Both women watch the five frightened and confused men trying to figure out what is happening. Cabal enters the office and laughs, silencing the five men quickly.

“Girls, I’m so saddened that these guys are so unwilling to help us out…” Cabal states but was interrupted by Nick.

“Go to Hell! I ain’t helping your crazy self!” Nick yells out, his sapphire eyes gleaming in hatred.

Cabal faces Nick shaking his head in disappointment, “Why must you rebel so much? Don’t you see how quiet your friends are? Why don’t you imitate your friends?”

Nick growls as A.J smiling lifts up his finger, flipping both vampires off.

Demetrius growls, “Why are they acting in this matter? They will need to get trained now! I will not uphold such an attitude in my society.”

Kevin manages to whisper out a vulgarity to the two men, “You know what! Whatever you did to my friend Nick, you’ll be getting paid back later!” He growls at Demetrius who was a few inches away from him.

Demetrius smiles, his pale complexion glowing in the golden lights in the room. “Girls!” He yells to Damaris and Nemesis, never losing focus on Kevin’s face, “I need you to do me a favor. Sunrise is in two hours, I need you girls to do a job for me. See if you can train these men by this evening. Morning is already approaching and I can’t stay long here. This evening we must collect more blood. We’ll attack the blood bank tomorrow. Today however, both of you will train the men in handling weapons and arsenal. Make sure you show them some fighting combat as well. I don’t want my boys to be left unprotected if they can’t defend themselves.”

Brian whispers out loudly, his sapphire eyes trying to take everything in, “Oh God, what is this? Who are you? You hurt my friend didn’t you?”

Demetrius smiles and nods his head, “Brian I assure you all your questions will get answers today. The girls will gladly fill you in on any misconceptions that you might have. You must understand you’re in a bigger battle than you thought.” And with that, Demetrius signals Cabal and they walk to the other side of the office room whispering something in private.

A.J. gazes over at the two women and smirks, “So this is the grand Crimson Society. I was expecting to get a bigger entry than this.”

Nemesis smiles sarcastically and rolls her blue green orbs at Damaris.

Nick whispers out, “Why do they need us?”

“The Nightfall Society, that’s why.” Damaris whispers, her peach complexion shining in the dim florescent light.

Kevin rolls his eyes, “Here we go again, Nightfall? Crimson Society? What the hell are you talking about?” He asks aggravated, that for once he was the one who wasn’t inform and that was nagging at him.

“We’ll explain later.” Nemesis whispers, her eyes frozen on Howie as she blushes.

Demetrius interrupts, “Ok this is the deal, Cabal and I will split the group up. Two with Damaris, the other two with Nemesis.”

A.J. rolls his eyes, “Looks like D man can’t do math, there’s five of us. Did you forget that?!” He growls, his dark eyes narrowing in disgust at Demetrius.

Cabal chuckles, “Listen A.J. Don’t get smart, we know that fool. The fifth, your friend over there, pointing to Howie, “Isn’t part of this group but he will work for us nevertheless. He’s our spy, I’ll make sure me and Demetrius train him in the spy tactics. Now girls chose your two and begin training. Me and Demetrius will see you later on this evening. And girls behave. Especially you Nemesis.” Cabal whispers seductively, eyeing the tall woman.

Nemesis smiles and bats her eyes, “Will don’t I always?”

Demetrius laughs and exits the office room followed by Cabal.

A.J. claps his hands once and sighs, “Well girls looks like we’ll have a nice long conversation beginning with, what are the hell are we in?”

Nemesis sucks her teeth and grumbles as Damaris whispers, “It’s gonna be a long day.”
~*~

Nairobi slips out her heels and gently places her feet into comfy sandals. Stepping on the pedal of her black Benz, she pulls up alongside the cemetery. She can see Liam and Orion whisper to each other about something to Baal as they all gaze around the dead area in annoyance. Nairobi smiles and steps out, the cold wind greets her, her raven locks caressing her caramel cheeks. Making her way over to the rickety gate that sustained the entrance of the graveyard, she pulls out the manila folder from her black purse, waving it in the air for the men to see.

Orion laughs and gladly embraces the petite woman. “Glad to see you came. Liam was close to ripping Baal’s head off again.”

Nairobi giggles and gazes at Liam who smiles.

“I think I have something that belongs to you.” Nairobi whispers seductively, her dark eyes holding a secret.

Liam nods his head and takes the folder into his hands, opening it, his eyes gaze over the papers. “This is interesting. Guys get ready, we’re heading home, daylight is on its way. I’ll tell you what the folder says when we get home.”

“I’ll call Kindel to meet up with us at the suite instead.” Baal whispers, pulling out his small mobile phone.

Nairobi smiles as Orion places his arm around her waist and they all head out of the cemetery to catch some rest, for in the night the party will begin and they have nothing to fear or so they believe.
~**~

**~To Be Continued…~**